Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
"...to acquaint yourself with your newfound power..."
It had been some time since Hazel had last been on Bastion, and yet the words spoken by [member="Darth Carnifex"] still lingered in her mind. Originally she had left in a hurry, both because she had somewhere to be; to help a close friend, but also because she had been scared. Hazel would never deny that she was eternally grateful, after all the ritual had eradicated the disease that had been slowly killing her. But everything had changed so quickly, and she was slap bang in the middle of the Sith Empire.

On their Capitol World.

In the Palace of the Dark Lord for Force sake...

While she didn't have any specific notion towards the cycle of Light versus Dark, it hadn't made the situation any less intimidating. But Hazel had made her decision at the time, with albeit no real thought put into what she was walking away from. Since then she had managed to scrape by teaching herself how to control her new power. And for a while it went relatively well, taking small steps here and there, only taking strides when she was confident. However, Hazel came to a conclusion after her recent excursion to a densely populated city.

She had basically become a ticking time bomb, one that was more external than internal.

The power bubbled within her, aching to be unleashed upon those around her. It wanted the life force that surrounded them whenever they walked amongst the crowds. Hazel didn't want that, she wanted to reign it in, control it and direct it. That was what brought her to Bastion, settling her ship down in Ravelin's spaceport. She only hoped the original offer was still on the table.

Hazel walked out of the port, wearing a large coat that concealed the tail that was currently wrapped around her. The horns weren't so easily hidden, but that was just how things were now. She paused, her mind going hazy for a moment with a case of deja vu but it was quickly passed off as just that. Hazel looked, gaze lingering over Ravelin. Her last visit didn't leave much time to take in the city's sights. In that moment though, she felt someone brush past her, quickly slipping something into her hand. Hazel spun around trying to catch the person, but they had already blended away into the crowd.

Both amused and bemused, Hazel opened her hand to find it was a piece of paper. Opening it revealed a brief message addressed to her.

Welcome back, Doctor Zanteres.

There wasn't much that happened on the Imperial Throneworld without the Emperor knowing about it.

The entire world was shrouded in a thick miasma of shadow, the Dark Side of the Force permeating everything from the largest structure to the smallest pebble beneath the tallest mountain. Ever since the Sith had reclaimed the world from the Primeval infidels they had worked day and night to mold the world to their own designs, fighting tooth and nail to eradicate all blasphemous remnants of the Mandalorians who had once occupied Bastion under the leadership of Isley Verd.

Only when at last they had achieved total abrogation did they begin to build anew.

The Emperor's designs were magnificent, far above the measly imaginations of mere mortal men or women. He envisioned a capital so grand it would rival the ecumenopolis of the Core Worlds in scope and grandeur. Over the course of four years, they had expanded Ravelin to encompass more than the petty foothills of its foundation. You could no longer walk the length and breadth of the landmass upon which Ravelin was built and find yourself beyond its borders, for its shining skyscrapers now dominated the land from coast to coast; a true eperopolis.

So when [member="Hazel Zanteres"] landed in the Empire's most prosperous city, it was no wonder that she had already been identified by the Emperor's agents. Beneath her welcoming was a series of coordinates that would lead her to one of the Palace's guarded side entrances, upon which she would be greeted by one of the Emperor's own Crownguard dressed in a flowing cerulean robe. "The Emperor is expected you, Doctor. You are to follow me."

The Palace's decor had hardly changed since her last visit, and when she was granted entrance to the Emperor's own reception hall she would find much of the same. Banners displaying the Empire's crest fluttered from various balconies, and a black polysteel statue of the Emperor himself holding a shining globe in his left hand while his right hand was extended in a gesture of subjugation, a halo of unblemished white marble encircled his head, was erected towards the center of the chamber. An inscription upon its dais read thusly:

Imperius! Nyashjontû Wo!
Emperor Carnifex emerged from nearby, his muscular body dressed in simplistic black robes and tunics. He greeted the good doctor with a respectful bow, "Doctor Zanteres. You do not know how pleased I am to see you have returned to my humble capital. Have you been adjusting well?"

Hazel Zanteres

Hazel's eyes flickered down to the coordinates that were scrawled beneath the message. It didn't take much of a genius to figure out where they led, and the Hapan looked out towards the monolithic structure that was the Palace of the Dark Lord. Standing proud and ominous even in broad daylight. It was the first sight everyone's eyes were drawn to upon leaving the spaceport, and drew continued attention no matter where you were in the city.

She pushed onwards, heading deeper into the city all the while avoiding slipping into the larger crowds. There were numerous eyes on her, pointedly looking towards a particular feature of her's that was crowning her head.

The looks didn't surprise her as much anymore, after all she wasn't exactly a common sight. A blonde-haired, fair skinned Hapan, with a pair of obsidian black horns protruding from beneath her hair. It was always an odd reaction, from the passing glances and stares to the backpedaling fear when the tail was sighted.

Hazel eventually found herself before the Palace, which from there she followed the provided coordinates to find her way around and to a guarded side entrance. Standing there was one of the Crownsguard, tall and resolute as he greeted the Hapan.

"Of course, lead the way."

Much like Ravelin itself, Hazel hadn't taken the time to take in the interior of the Palace. Her gaze sweeping all around as she was guided through its halls to wherever she was meant to be taken. After several minutes, they finally reached their destination; with the Crownsguard leaving her be in the silence.

Ever curious, Hazel walked around taking a closer look at things. Namely the towering statue depicting the Sith Emperor; [member="Darth Carnifex"]. She had to admit, they had employed a masterful spulpture when constructing the piece of art. Or perhaps the Dark Lord had brought it over from Panatha.

The amused thought was disrupted when she felt a dark presence make itself known, almost materializing from the shadows. He was dressed differently from last time, with an absence of armour in exchange for a more natural combination of robes and tunics. Either way, the Zambrano cut an imposing figure all the same, standing much taller than Hazel.

Removing her hands from her coat pockets, Hazel returned the Emperor's bow with one of her own. "Thank you for hospitality. I have been...adjusting well enough, I suppose. Last time I was here, I departed in a hurry, not truely realizing what I was walking away from." She was reminded of what happened immediately after the ritual, the explosion of energy, sapping and draining it the majority present that day. "I didn't comprehend just how dangerous my newfound ability was at the time, and since then it's became increasingly more apparent."

"It was as I suspected."

The Emperor had cautioned Hazel against leaving so soon after the ritual, she hadn't yet had time to adapt to her newfound power bereft of the poison that was eating her away from the inside. Yet, while he did nothing to prevent her from leaving the Palace, he was correct in his assumption that she would eventually return to ply for his aid in quelling the dark hunger that seethed within her.

He just didn't expect her to return with such unique alterations to her biology.

"I will help you in mastering the darkness in your being, Doctor Zanteres. A room has already been prepared for your stay here at the palace, though if you require anything further I will refer you to one of my staff to acquire whatever you desire." His eyes inevitably looked over the pair of horns that crowned her head, sliding down to peer at the tail hidden beneath her large coat. "You have changed since we last met, Doctor. What transformations have you undergone since that time? If I am to be honest, they are quite intriguing."

Very intriguing indeed.

[member="Hazel Zanteres"]

Hazel Zanteres

Some would say fate had a hand in this. That the Force had guided her to this point.

But Hazel never had the greatest knowledge of the Force, even after her tenure with the Galactic Republic's Jedi Order. She had only learned from their Healers, the art coming to her naturally despite the low control she had at the time. Whenever she looked back on that time, the Hapan was glad she never learned anything more; never got pulled into that endless conflict of Jedi versus Sith. And yet she still got caught in the middle, amidst the countless battlefields, watching the destruction nature of the Force at work, on both sides of the war.

There was likely some irony in this situation. From having winded up with the Jedi's help years ago, to now finding it amongst the Sith.

At the mention of changes, Hazel's attention snapped back and she looked up to see where Kaine was looking. The Hapan let out a chuckle. "They were part of a...package deal, you could say. Before you found me, I was not far off from having an operation performed on my person that had the potential to stabilize my deteriorating health." And at the time her mental state wasn't doing much good, desperately grasping at whatever solutions provide fruitful. "I had reunited with an old friend and colleague of mine, one who had a storied career in genetics. To put it plainly, the idea was to splice my own with that of another race; one that was available to me at the time." While speaking, the tail that she had kept still until then, started to shift subconsciously beneath her coat. "But they had a caveat, they would only allow it if I adopted certain 'features'. Which is where the horns come in."

That was when Hazel finally noticed the Dark Lord's gaze had shifted, just like her coat was doing. She let out an amused snort, before reaching down and unbutton it, shedding the articile of clothing. It revealed the doctor's usual; simple attire, but the more prominent sight was the thick cord of black carapace that was currently wrapped around her stomach. Slowly it started to unwind, the bladed tip appearing first, swishing around slightly as the entire length of the tail finally stretched out completely.

It was long enough that she could angle the bladed end just behind her shoulder. Bobbing back and forth like an obedient serpent.

"And also this, which let me tell you took a lot of time to get use too." Even now, it acted like it had its own subconscious at times. But Hazel had a better handle of it now, than she did shortly after waking up from the operation. "Obviously these weren't really necessary after the ritual - hadn't felt more alive after that. But I figured what the hell, why not? I like being unique."

[member="Darth Carnifex"]​

"An incredible feat of biological engineering, Doctor. Best keep you away from my own staff, you'd never have any time to yourself." Especially [member="Taeli Raaf"], doubtless the poor Doctor would find the brilliant woman attached to her like a leech as she was studied, poked, and prodded. Even he was visibly interested, his analytical eyes scanning over her new additions with the rapt curiosity of an eager child who had just discovered something new in the universe.

"And the tail, I assume that it serves a practical purpose in combat as well? The bladed tip reminds me of certain arachnids I've observed across the galaxy, as well as many predatory reptilian species. Very interesting... Very interesting..." He briefly found himself lost in wonder before he was able to retain composure and wrench his mind back on track, a deep exhale soothing his scientific heart. "But I am getting ahead of myself, Doctor. You did not come back into my graces to be fawned over and ogled like a lab experiment. Let me show you to your room and we can discuss how best to proceed with your training."

The layout of the Emperor's Palace was familiar to the draconic doctor as the Emperor led her through its halls, entering the guest quarters of the upper levels where several spacious rooms had been set aside for visitors of notable importance to the Zambrano regime. The room that Doctor Zanteres would be housed in was large enough for her every need and featured a built-in fabricator that could design clothes for her unique physical form. It also had a large enough refresher replete with a heated tub for relaxation and personal hygiene, though there was also a sonic shower adjacent to the bath as well.

"I hope it is to your liking."

Hazel Zanteres

"Oh believe me, I don't intend on having anyone make me a test subject to be poked and prodded. I'm now more free than I ever was before, with no disease holding me back." She had a particular glint in her eye, one the Sith Emperor had more than likely seen countless times. Hazel was now someone with a significant weight hefted from her shoulders. In its place was a desire and ambition, a long delayed change.

"You have a good eye, indeed the tail has it's practical purposes." To further her point, Hazel stepped away from Carnifex to ensure there was some space. From there she moved the tail about, swishing it back and forth, before suddenly coiling it back and lunging the bladed tip forwards in quick succession. "It works as a handy weapon. The females of the species; the Dravian, have much longer and pointed tails compared to the males, whose are shorter and more mace-like instead."

She was amused when she caught the Emperor almost enamoured with the new discovery before him. Hazel could appreciate that, for someone as powerful as him to still surprised by science.

"Of course, lead the way."

The Hapan was slightly familiar with the Palace's interior, remembering certain details from her previous time her; and in her rush to leave. But she had a feeling that this would be different, and that she'd get a much better impression of it during her stay. Once at the room, Hazel did admittedly gawk at the sight of it. Her tail seemingly shifting back and forth in excitement. She walked around, looking at everything before turning to face the Sith Emperor.

"You certainly do not spare any expense for your guests. I appreciate it." Hazel bowed her head in thanks. "But now I am ever curious to learn what you have in mind for my training."

"You have many great talents, Doctor Zanteres. I wish to foster them and improve upon your potential now that you are fully healed from the sickness that threatened to devour you." A sickness that he, the Emperor, had cured her of all those months ago. He'd infused her with the Dark Side of the Force, letting its power burn away the wicked contagion that was eating her from the inside out. Unfortunately, he'd replaced the gnawing agony with a gnawing hunger.

"And I will instruct you in the Sith arts, the ancient wisdom of my people will shine a light on how best to control the power churning at your center." He smiled, "But in the meantime, I want you to become acquainted with your new surroundings. I will leave you to your own devices for a time, a servant will arrive to act as my liaison and indulge your every need."

He bid her farewell and departed once his initial business with her had concluded, the door shutting behind him as he left.

Several minutes later there would come a knock at the chamber door, the partition opening to reveal a single individual augmented with cybernetic features. Half of the woman's head had been cleanly shorn off and replaced with a metallic contraption of glossy black durasteel with aurodium trimming. In its hands was carried a tray of succulent fruits, delicious confections, and a pitcher of sweet thirst-quenching liquid, the bounties of the Emperor's vast wealth being bestowed upon his most esteemed guest.

After serving the food to Doctor Zanteres, the cybernetic servant would stand still and silent as it awaited new instructions.

Hazel Zanteres

Standing within the Palace of the Dark Lord, as both guest and soon student as well.

Hazel would've laughed, never have believed it if she had told her younger self this would be a thing in several years. But even Hazel of present still didn't quite believe the path she had ended up walking. Going back a year or two ago, she was still part of the Sacred Lotus; trying to stay afloat and helping those in need.

And the Hapan herself was still very much in the middle, albeit with a leaning towards the Light.

But did she regret where she was now? Not in the slightest.

The Sith Emperor had given her a second chance, and Hazel wasn't about to take it for granted. She would learn everything she could, become stronger after being incapable of doing so for the majority of her life. The time of the old Hazel Zanteres as rapidly coming to an end.

She gave Carnifex a respectful bow before he left her to her own devices. Hazel the curious creature she was, immediately began examining the room. Hand running along the materials of practically everything, from the seats to the bed. It was all made of the finest stuff.

No expense spared indeed...

Hazel's thoughts were interrupted by the door suddenly sliding open, reminding her that a servant was meant to arrive. Upon seeing the Decraniated though, she stepped back in surprise.

She immediately reminded Hazel of the last time she had seen one of their ilk, with Karo the Hutt. Hazel would never forget that traumatic time, and she vividly remembered seeing the Decraniated then, looking just as bizarre now. But she got over her surprise quickly, and walked up to the servant, examining her. Hazel could already hear Sinara nitpicking the cybernetics, decrying the waste of a pretty face. What would be the point of modifying oneself, if you ended up removing something more significant.

"Tell me, do you have a name or a designation?" Hazel sat down at the table, her hand immediately going for the drink and taking a sip. It was a light wine, not the Hapan's usual choice but one she wasn't going to mind. She picked away at the assorted food, hand reaching for another grape when she felt a slight pang from her chest. Hazel grumbled something, pulling her hand away and began flexing it slowly.

Curling it into a fist, then unfurling and stretching her fingers out. Repeated over and over as the Hapan focused on within, until she could sense her heart; beating slightly irregularly. That was something else she needed to address.

"What physicians and doctors does the Emperor have employed?"

The Decraniated servant stood still, allowing Hazel to partake of anything on the plate it carried. When it was addressed it looked towards her with its half of a face, head tilting slightly to the left as it registered her query and formulated a response.

"Servants have no function for designations, Guest Zanteres. The Master demands obedience, not personality." The voice was layered, partly soothing feminine and partly mechanical buzz.

With slow, almost mechanical movements, the Servant walked over to the nearby table and bent at the waist to place the food tray down on the smooth marble. Turning back to Hazel, it began to process the second of her inquiries. "The Master employs many talented and knowledgeable physicians, many of which are outsourced from elsewhere in the Empire's vast domain. He does, however, maintain a small group of personal surgeons known as Vain and Jain. The Master has not graced this lowly servant with the nature of their function, but they are rarely seen outside of the Emperor's personal laboratories."

Vain and Jain, the Emperor's personal physicians. Twins cloned from the genetic material of [member="Irajah Ven"]'s amputated hand kept in cold storage deep within the Imperial Palace. To conceal their identities they wore stylistically bird masks with elongated beaks and androgynous robes to hide their exact gender. Vain was infamous for her foul temperament while Jain was the more jovial of the pair, but both were as wicked as the man who brought about their creation.

"Does Guest Zanteres wish anything more of this lowly servant?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom