Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Expedition [ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛʀᴏ]

Bal Kanu

A boy with nothing to lose.
MUSIC: FOR YOUR IMMERSION:
[1]: [DESCENT]
[2]: [FIGHT THEME]
[3]: [RELIEF]

--
Right then; get up! C’mon!
Hahahaha!
Come on, mate! We’ve barely started!
--
"Canned laughter."

[1]* "It was like some sick sitcom. The bruise painted my core like a nasty tattoo, and hurt like it was getting removed. I lazily protected my vitals, squirming away from the men like a worthless bug. Caught between a rock and a hard place; I was forced to make a humiliating escape as they walked along with me, kicking me in the head."

The boy was strangely complacent with the vicious beating he was recieving. Even with his small view of moral justification; he found it pretty obvious he'd be beaten down for being a thief. These men grew up in the slums of a higher humanity. Some didn't even believe in the sun... Bal Kanu continued to struggle his way out of the dirty alleyway -- being followed by merciless kicks and sucker punches towards his stupidly uncovered head.

"Perfect."

The boy smiled with his lips curled in triumphant victory.

[2]* "A cartwheel kick to the face: one of the men had presented their hand to me, trying to taunt me with a consequential bird. His middle finger was broken backwards by my vicious swipe as I grasped his wrist afterwards, twirling my seemingly limp body upright; balanced by my free arm to let my foot make contact with his head."

"Battered. Bruised.
Excellent. They took a pretty obvious bait... Why would a broken child attempt to fight back in their state? They forgot one thing in this jungle...
Animals are violent when cornered."

"Crack! A muscle pulled in my calf. Physically I was weak, but my technique complimented my poor figure enough to knock the man out. Out cold."

"I felt warm. Lots of adrenaline pumping through my veins. I heard the rest of them yelling, like an unholy choir. I made a small leap, and advanced towards the objective, grabbing a small cache of weapons. It was heavy -- but not so heavy that I couldn’t run with it. My cloak engulfed my tiny figure; as well as the box, and we set off. All this adrenaline. Thumping."

[3]* The boy clutched his treasure betwixt his pummeled limbs: smiling ear to ear like a kid with a birthday gift. Blood pumped throughout his body - the action providing an orgasmic feeling to his senses.

"Thumping. Thumping so loud, I didn't even notice the burning hole in my tattered drapes. The bastards tried to take a shot at me when my back was turned.
Always smells like burning garbage in here. You can’t blame me for not noticing."

"Blame the ones above us."

The yelling and vengeful screaming was tamed by the sounds of the busy depths of the city. Bal Kanu had claimed his prize, and was rewarded with the ability to walk at a simple, brisk pace. As he took in heavy breaths, he could finally feel the strain in his calf. He screamed in pain.

He doesn't like showing his pain to the Guild. Might as well get it all out before he arrives.

Kai and Gerda

K
In the shadows of an alley's mouth, the burning end of a cig glowed in the dark, lighting up a memorable face. Alyosha leaned his back against the wall, his eyes fixed on the scene as it unfolded.

Something about the sight of a person being beaten by multiple attackers in the middle of the street always left him eerily fascinated. More often than not, the victim would lie there and take it, too downtrodden and hopeless to bother trying to fight back. If they did, chances were high their efforts at defending themselves would prove fruitless anyway.

On this occasion, it was three against one. The victim appeared to be underage, though it was possible he was older than he looked. His body was small and underdeveloped, most of it obscured by a black cloak. Didn't stand a chance.

At first, he took the beating like most others would, remaining complacent even as he was kicked in the torso hard enough to bruise, if not crack a rib. But then something in his demeanor changed, and suddenly the kid was a flurry of black-clad movement. He broke the finger of one man by swiping it with his fist, then kicked him in the face with one foot, balancing on his free hand in order to do so.

The wild gestures were reminiscent of Alyosha's own acrobatics, through there was definitely something more eccentric about the bizarre ways this kid was moving, like some exotic tribal dance from a primitive culture. It was the complete opposite of fight "choreography" - unpolished, and definitely not pretty. Possibly even dangerous. Still, it held Alyosha's interest.

Having dealt with one of his attackers, the boy turned his attention to seizing a box from the group. He was grinning from ear to ear, clearly drunk on adrenaline. But as he started to walk away, he screamed in pain. That kick must have pulled a muscle, or worse.

Alyosha tossed his cig as the kid struggled past him. He was curious to know what sort of loot this kid had fought tooth and nail for. So he stepped to the side and began following him, intent on finding out.

| Bal Kanu Bal Kanu |

Last edited by a moderator:
Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
There was a certain revelation that was occuring to the young Padawan. While Aaran had little experience with the larger cities. Having a tendency to become overwhelmed by the noise, the activity and sheer scale of life that buzzed all around him. He kept seeing one recurring theme amongst these massive cities of the more populous worlds. Not too many of the more well-off citizens cared to much of those that lived beneath them.

For it seemed that beneath all their shining towers lay danger and bitterness. Those forced to live in the shadow of people who held them in such content naturally grew to view the world in such a way where the only way to make something of oneself was to only lookout for oneself.

It was a horrible, vicious cycle of pain that had no end. And it was one of the more harsh realities Aaran has found himself having to face ever since he decided to explore the greater Galaxy.

But, he was a Jedi. And while a Padawan he may still be, it was still his duty to attempt to lift the burden the downtrodden were carrying. Even if his work would amount to nothing in the end. He would still do what he could to ease the pain of others.

And so that is what he had been getting up to for the past few days. Sinking his hands deep into charity work. Carrying boxes and cooking meals for a nearby shelter. As well as 'encouraging' local criminal gangs that their attempts to take from those who could not defend themselves would not end as well as they thought.

Clad in his inconspicuous street clothes, as inconspicuous that a man who stood nearly two meters tall and was built solidly out of muscle could be, Aaran slowly made his way from the landing pad he had the Freebird stored on. Making his way through the dirty streets of the undercity. Eyes not looking ahead. But instead glued to the datapad in his hands. Finger scrolling across the screen as he checked his itinerary for the day. His mind not focusing on the path in front of him.

And as he rounded a corner, he found himself in a direct path with a certain young thief. And if Bal did not react quickly enough. He'd collide right into Aaran's chest. Causing the Padawan to stumble backwards a step. Gaze rising from his datapad as he blinked twice. "Ugh. Sorry about that. Was not paying attention." He began, looking a tad sheepish. "Y'allright?" He asked, raising a brow at the slightly younger man. Pausing for a moment, he recalled just how skitish his imposing form could make some of the warier people down here in the undercity.

So he reached out. Drawing on his connection to the Force to allow his emotions to brush against Bal's own. Not enough for this to be considered a true Mind Trick. But simply enough for the Martial Artist to get a vague impression that the large man in front of him certainly meant no harm. And, shockingly enough. Was a genuinely friendly creature.

Last edited:
Shadows were stirring, unaware to most people darkness was gathering from corners of known space. Whispers were heard of a once destroyed empire rising once more. Slowly of course, for Kyrel he had traveled the galaxy far and wide, practicing his discovered philosophy of the Knights of Ren, dark side marauders heard in folklore from the Unknown Regions for thousands of years, perhaps longer. Now they would be remade again through Kyrel, unlike that of the Jedi or the Sith. And he sought anyone that possessed the Shadow to join his ranks. For when the time was right, the galaxy would once know the might of the First Order once more, and the Knights would be needed to enforce that Order, but nothing was said when it came for the Knights to take what they pleased in the name of the dark side.

Kyrel did not hide among people, for everywhere he went, his once shiny silver armor was black and scorched from years of battle. His mask echoed Sith designs centuries ago, it was easy for the Ren to be mistaken as Sith, for they were not known much in the known galaxy, save for the few that faced the Knights in battle. The dark brutish warrior wandered through the Under City. Always scouting for who would be worthy of being taken into the ranks of the Ren, for if they possessed the Shadow, then they would be allowed to join. His dark side aura coming off in waves. His blood red cloak concealing his saberstaff, and his signature blade, Vader's Bane dangled from his side, onlookers stepped away with both fear and awe as the man strode forth.

He saw what was his quarry, Kyrel slowly followed for he did not wish to startle what he had come here for. He sensed the shadow stirring in him, even more so when he witnessed the beating, how the boy reacted, now he had followed him, and it seemed that others were interested as yet another one also followed him as well. It only came to a stop when the boy bumped into a large man, a civilian perhaps. He slowly emerged from his observation of the group. "Well, Hello there."

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Alyosha Drutin Bal Kanu Bal Kanu

Bal Kanu

[1]: [DESCENT]
--

"Well this is new..."

Bal Kanu was the type to feel alone in a crowded room. Loneliness was a frequent friend of his: nobody wants to know you if you're the xenophobic, thief type of individual. But he could feel something tug at his peripheral vision.. Like an invisible tuft of string warning him that he was being pursued. Someone was here -- someone with intent... Maybe there were more... He couldn't help but eye directly among the crowd of nobodies, until he had hit something solid...

The weapons spilled out of the small crate he was carrying, and he tumbled onto his back; unleashing a puff of dirt into the air as he collided with the earth.
But his expression remained unamused, even with the sharp pain in his back from the jagged rocks on the floor protruding into him. For some reason, this objectively foreboding man put him at ease -- a feeling he was... Unfamiliar with.

"This feeling will betray me."

His body instinctively curled up, on the defensive: a firm foot was planted flat - which would serve as a catalyst to spring his lower body up at the man if he tried anything. Even with the suspicious spill of weaponry on the floor, the man seemed quite casual. Bal Kanu was a pessamist.

He didn't say a word; instead opting to slowly begin picking up the loose salvage. His cloak comfortably disguised any armament directly below his feet, and easily stowed the smaller blasters within it.

That was when another man came out of the woodwork - clad in an intimidating darkness. Two complete strangers decided to just... Show up in his life. Two strangers that radically differed from one another. He was wedged between these overwhelming presence, which struggled for dominance over the tension in the air; tension that could easily be cut thin with a knife.

Bal Kanu, was excited.

The undercity reeked of it’s usual decay. Dracus had just returned from a bounty and was counting his credits when something caused him to pause.

He looked up to see the scuffle unfolding. A well trained thief as it seemed was making his way out of his initial confrontation. In his success he was careless and bumped into a tall civilian directly in front of him. As the contents spilled from his box greed began to manifest within Dracus.

“The credits from flipping his stolen goods would help pay my way for another week or so...”

Dracus tucked his measily bounty into his belt and reached for his blaster handle. These two common folk would most likely succumb at the sight of a firearm in their face.

Dracus began advancing before a strange sensation came over him. He was frozen in his tracks by the amount of power and darkness he could almost...feel. Similar events have been happening ever since Dracus left his homeworld. The armor clad figure emerged amongst the two initial targets. Dracus halted his retreat, tucking his blaster and blending into the crowd around the three.

He was about to move. Extend a hand to offer the skinnier young man help getting back up, before he paused. The unmistakable presence hitting him like a wave. He clicked his tongue once in irritation as he looked back towards Kyrel Ren. A while ago, this man chilled Aaran to the core. When they first met, he was probably the most dangerous and lethal individual the Padawan had ever seen.

Now however, things had changed. In the scant few weeks since they had seen each other. Many things occurred in the Padawan's life. He tracked terrorists in the underbelly of Coruscant, he faced down Dragons, Mandalorians. Even Mandalorians riding dragons. In comparison to all of the dangerous beings that Aaran has faced down recently. A lone Dark Warrior was objectively, one of the least dangerous to him.

It really helped put things into perspective.

Bal could even feel it through the slight empathetic link that Aaran had forged between them. A slight tense of emotions. Before it disappated. A wry chuckle escaping from his lips. "Can not believe you actually wear that in public." He said, his voice taking on a tone of mocking towards the Master of Ren. As it was, the heavily armoured and red-cloaked figure stood out like a sore thumb in the Undercity. Chances are, it was only the palpable waves of fear that kept the Swoop Gangs at bay from trying to rob the audacious figure. But who knew how long that would last? Criminal gangs did not exactly have the best survival instinct.

"I would not be so noticeable if I were you." He said, his tone faux-chiding towards Kyrel. "Did a bit of homework on you. There's quite the sizeable bounty on your head. Would not want to be in your shoes on any civilised world." With that mocking warning given, Aaran finally turned some of his attention back towards Bal. Making sure to keep at least one eye on the Former Enforcer of the First Order as he bent down and began to slowly pick up some of the discarded weapons.

"Might want to keep these in a more secure container." He said, holding one of the weapons at arm's length. Offering it to the young thief. "Or, you know. At least take out the power cell before moving them." His tone was different from the mocking jibes he threw at the heavily armoured figure. A friendlier, more gentle tone. His own emotions reaching out in an attempt to offer some semblance of solace to the young man who might not be quite mentally prepared to stand in the presence of such raw negativity.

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha’s eyes scanned the array of weapons that tumbled out of the box. They were military grade, well made and expensive. Hard to get, too.

Definitely stolen.

While Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo helped Bal Kanu Bal Kanu return the weapons to the box, Alyosha sensed two more figures approach. One, a Zabrak, looked like a petty criminal, while the other, Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren , cut a much more sinister figure. Sith, Knight of Ren, Dark Sider—whatever he was, Alyosha didn’t want to tangle with him.

Aaran seemed to know Kyrel, though there were clearly no good feelings between them. This situation could get real bad, real fast. Still, the weapons...

Alyosha took a step back, waiting to see what would happen. If a brawl broke out, his best bet would be to stand back for now and come in to pick up the pieces later.

| Lotip97 Lotip97 |

'Spades'

S
It had been, at least a week since Spades awoke on a unfamiliar world in the Unknown Regions with nothing but the gear on his back, a eight-hundred years of amnesia and probably a bit of brain damage in the process.But In a short period time already he came to discover all of his brothers have been long since dead and he was likely the very last of his kind, and not to mention he already had a new employer lined up. This was great thought the Clone despite his current predicament. This rang true in the Clone's mind as he disembarked with a mission to make contact with the outside world with the blessing of his new leader and her quite odd habits and quirks. Despite being alone, he had his training to fall back on incase anything went ary on this planet. No one would mess with a fully kitted out ARC Trooper.

Spades took a long look at the spaceport he arrived on. He was only told to "meet someone" and that he'd "Know who it was". Whatever that meant, he dismounted his old ARC-170 and came to rest at the foot of it. He looked quite on in his Clone Wars era Arc Trooper Armor which did bring about a few odd glares by the Customs Agents. He pulled his helmet off his head and braced it against his chest. He made his way through the hangar trying not to make eye contact with anyone who might recognize his armor and insignia. Hell, even his shoulders still bore the Republic Sigil written upon it in black paint. Perhaps they would take him as a sort of cosplayer or costumed figure. Nevertheless he made his way into the streets, helmet still braced against his side and his face being brushed with the warm smoggy air. It hit him with a bit of familiarity but it nevertheless seemed awfully alien.

But the normal calm Spades had been experiencing had suddenly been compromised as he caught sight with some odd looking Jedi and a unfamiliar bloke dressed in black robes. Nevertheless the curious of him said for him to get closer and that he did. He closed to within viewable distance between the Dark Jedi and the strangely dressed Jedi. He'd look down at his holsters to make sure no pickpocket got at them. "All good." He'd put the ARC Trooper Helmet onto his head, concealing his features in the stone cold stare of a Clone Trooper. He'd lower the magnifier located on the side of his helmet so that he'd be able to get a good look at the two.

latest

Alyosha Drutin Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Lotip97 Lotip97 Bal Kanu Bal Kanu Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren

Last edited by a moderator:

Bal Kanu

[1]: [THE WARLORD'S THEME]

--

"I couldn't help but feel claustrophobic. I was an unnecessary figure in this conflict. The man tampered with my precious cargo; even if he volunteered to help, it was without reciprocation. I struggled with the entities that superseded the limits of my personal space, and the presence of such an enigmatic character to the left from me garnered the attention of other pedestrians. This was it. I could feel my blood boil -- this man's charitable action was no more than a nuisance to me. A knuckle to the face, while his hands are busy enough to keep off that dangerous hilt on him. It was similar to mine... I've only been told what it could do, but the image only ever brought pain to my senses. Pain, and regret. Just seeing the item filled me with even more dark thoughts as I twisted my wrist, and prepared to jab my knuckle into the stranger's neck, while I hid my arm underneath my cloak."

"A punch with all I had behind it. I saw an armed figure eye the loot. Looked like a bounty hunter. The dark knight seemed just as hostile. I needed to escape, I needed to escape, I need--"

The darkness of a nearby alley begin to shape into a tall, malevolent form: the small gap between the two buildings had given birth to a similarly cloaked figure to Bal Kanu -- a mask chastising his identity with a terrifying, Kaleesh mask. Slurs were roughly scribed into the steel: and the natural rows of teeth had been harvested, with the edges pulled violently into a traumatic grin. A set of long, scarred fingers curled around the boy's hidden fist -- hunched over; the man slowly extended his body to reveal a tower of foreboding shadow.
[1]*

En8Ggyu.jpg

"I do apologize for my... Subordinate's non-discretion. Nobody wants to see dangerous weapons strewn about on the floor."
He simply tweezed one of the bigger rifles between his gargantuan fingers, and dangled it playfully before the Jedi's face.

"Mmm.. Yes. Try to keep those curious hands off my wares."
He glanced towards the two ill-intended figures to his left. Two voids stared into each other: the sound of grinding teeth punishing his own jaw. A mysterious third hand gripped the box, evening the weight into his forearm as he whisked it away into his person. Similarly: he clutched the boy...

And vanished.

Yet the trail was fresh.

Dracus watched as the boy disappeared with the second dark figure. The weapons no longer interested him however. The tall civilian had just announced the huge bounty on the evil looking knight’s head.

One on one the odds may be stacked against Dracus. But he had noticed a similar to his own shady figure throwing a cig and approaching the group moments before. And now, as he scanned the area, Dracus saw what appeared to be a Mandalorian surveying the two remaining people where the boy had been.

Perhaps the three of them could accomplish this bounty together. Dracus drew his blaster and advanced towards the (unknown to Dracus) Jedi and the Dark Knight.

Once a comfortable firing distance away Dracus yelled out to the Jedi.

“how many credits are we talking here”

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha blinked as Bal Kanu Bal Kanu disappeared, swept away by the masked figure. But this was no parlor trick - there was a trail left behind, almost an invitation to follow them. Alyosha started to step out of the shadows, his eyes following the tracks, but he veered back as Dracus Mor Dracus Mor began shouting about credits at the mere mention of a bounty on Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren 's head.

Alyosha saw the way the Zabrak's eyes flicked from him to 'Spades' - a clear invitation to join in the hunt. Fortunately for Alyosha, the shadows apparently obscured his face enough that he wasn't recognizable, or else the Zabrak would probably decide he was an easier catch. The bounty on his head probably wasn't as high as the one on Kyrel's, but it was still substantial enough to tickle a common thug's fancy.

He eyed Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo with uncertainty, wondering just what this guy's game was. He supposed he could just be a random local worker or spacer passing through, but something about him seemed different. Not only did he stand in complete opposition to Kyrel's evil radiation, he'd gone out of his way to make amends and help the kid. Of course, there could always be an ulterior motive behind his kindness, but Alyosha wasn't convinced he was that calculating.

It dawned on him at that moment. The aura of goodwill, the not-so-subtle glow, the lack of pretense.

"You're a Jedi," he said. Purely a statement of fact, devoid of bias. Well, that explained the rivalry between him and the dark knight. This whole encounter just kept getting more and more bizarre...

Aaran decided that he did not like this newcomer in the mask.

Maybe it was because of the cultural appropriation. Maybe it was the slurs inscribed upon the mask. Maybe it was the way he spoke. But more than likely, it was the overwhelming hostile intent evident in the man's gaze that was aimed back at Aaran. One did not need to be able to utilize the Force in order to get a feeling that this man was up to no good at all.

And when he vanished into the shadows with the younger man. Aaran did not hesitate. He did not clarify the bounty on Kyrel Ren's head. He did not raise his voice in response to Alyosha's simple statement of fact. For they simply were not a prioty in his mind.

Someone was in danger, and he had a chance to act. So he did not deliberate. He simply moved. And in his movement, he confirmed Alyosha's guess. The laws of Inertia and momentum seemed to take a backseat for a moment as Aaran kicked off. There was no acceleration. Simply movement as he went straight from standing to a sprinter's pace into the alley and after the malevolent masked man.

Even if this would ultimately be a fruitless endevour. Even if another problem would arise to take this gang's place. Aaran would still act, believing that the Force brought him here for a reason. And no matter what, he would ensure that no harm came to the younger man he bumped into.

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha whirled around, following Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo with his eyes as he sprinted down the alley. Oh yeah. Definitely a Jedi.

As tempting as it was to simply walk away and avoid getting himself into trouble, he wasn't without a curious streak. It helped that there might be valuable loot involved, too.

He joined in the chase after the masked figure who had grabbed Bal Kanu Bal Kanu , following the trail they left behind through the alleyway. Obviously Alyosha couldn't move as fast as the Jedi, but he was still pretty quick on his feet - and not without a few tricks of his own.

As the trail veered sharply around a series of corners, he used his running momentum to leap up, grabbing hold of a rod running between the buildings. Once he was sure it would hold his weight, he swung his body on top of it, running across as if it were a trapeze, and jumped onto a platform that ran around the circumference of the skyscraper. From there he had a much better view of the winding path taken by the masked one...

“You gotta be kidding me”

Dracus watched as the Jedi seemed to disappear in a blur. Shortly after the man with the cig followed after at a more reasonable pace.

There was no way Dracus was about to stay back and challenge an armor clad dark sider one on one. The kid had picked up the weapons as he was snatched away...and a lightersaber itself is worth a fair share. Also there currently are bounties on all force users, regardless of allegiance.

Dracus tucked his blaster and took off after the two giving chase. The Jedi was out of sight at this point but Dracus could almost track him by following the aura he and the man in the mask left behind.

Years of hunting made his endurance no problem, and though it might take time to catch up, Dracus wasn’t letting an opportunity like this slip through his fingers.

Bal Kanu

[1]: [WARLORD'S HASTE]
[2]: [IDLE THOUGHTS]
[3]: [DISTURBING THOUGHTS]

--

Tak, tak, tak, tak...

[1]* The stranger embedded his fingers into the cheap steel of the buildings parallel to one another: four defined, grey arms hoisting the boy and himself up towards the roof of a nearby brothel. He moved like a small primate; peeling at metal like paper to support his grip. His tall figure was sprawled out like a spider, and his milky white eyes clashed against the darkness; falling like heavy rain from the skyscrapers overhead.. The boy was unastonished by his kidnapper's dirty acrobatics, but instead opted to witness Alyosha Drutin and Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo give chase close behind them. The two weren't satisfied with a hearty bounty, but instead made pursuit to fulfill their famished curiosity.

"I wonder what you did this time..." Wondered the man as he strided across the rows between rooftops, stretching over the dirty horizon.

The boy tilted his head like a confused puppy, and casually hopped out of the man's unsuspecting grip. He simply stopped advancing, and gave a half-hearted glance at Bal Kanu.
"Well this is new... You're stopping?"

[2]* Bal Kanu relaxed his tense body, comfortably blanketing his shroud across his shoulders. He let out a raspy chortle, like it had been the first time he had laughed in a long time. The man faced him, and squatted to Bal Kanu's level.. "Something is... Different. For the first time, I felt like I had some sort of choice. So many conflicting emotions -- it made me feel as if I was frozen in time. It was such an exciting feeling. I want to go back to that spontaneous feeling." The boy could hear the two approaching closer. The man slowly begun to peel the darkness off his body - and revealed his extra set of limbs. He was a Codru-Ji: and he was viciously scarred across his body like some horrific, abstract art. "I see.. So this is the flake of snow that broke the Tauntaun's back.. You want to go out on your own?"

[3]* Bal Kanu nodded, and pulled himself up off the ground. "You've taught me many things in what could've been a life full of despair. You kept my origins a secret from the guild, and taught me how to defend myself. The rest of them saw me as a disposable errand boy... But you saw something in me that I don't think I will ever understand."

"There's only one way you can be discharged by this family" - the man pointed a bloodied finger at the pursuers.

"The head of a warrior. I was inducted into the Inner Circle with you as my apprentice, so these rules apply even to you."

The boy was rigid in front of his soon-to-be-former master. He soon found solace in the fact that...
Well... He never really new 'em.

Last edited:
In a moment, the dark armored warrior was prepared to have the boy within his grasp, when he was stopped by one moment after another. With the arrival of a Zabrak, a Kaleesh figure, that had taken the boy and all but disappeared. Then the likes of a Clone Trooper, and someone else. While the Jedi, with whom he remembered during his rampage out in the Outer Rim, had spoken to him of a bounty on Kyrel's head. For the Master of Ren, such things had not been the first time. It would not be the last either, for the man's reputation over the years had bounty hunters always trying to see, but to say that the fools before him were willing to try it. He couldn't say of course.

He looked at the Jedi boy, with a flick of his wrist, his saberstaff was ignited. The crackling Crossguard blades produced a red glow. Moving slowly, looking at the group. As he saw movement, the Jedi and a boy running after the Kaleesh. Kyrel would not allow for either of them to gain speed, as he stretched out with the Force. an open hand extending, the rage gained from his Harbinger. His hand opened palmed before the likes of Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo could even gain speed. With Kyrel's dark malice, the boy stood frozen in place, as he looked to the others that watched him. "I do not think you are going anywhere. Besides, that boy could be useful, and if I have to cut my way through everyone on this rock to get to him. I will do that." His intent focused on the likes of the Jedi, letting the other one go, as he approached the Jedi boy slowly.

Looking at him, the expressionless face of his mask. He looked towards the rest that watched him. Deadly intent behind the eyes of his mask. Bounty or not, if he needed to get what he wanted. He would kill everything, and everyone in order to fulfill the goals of what the Ren was. The Ren after all was consuming. Nature itself just as the Force was. Keeping the Jedi in place. He tried to sense his surroundings to find where the street urchin and the masked man was running to next.

Bal Kanu Bal Kanu Dracus Mor Dracus Mor Alyosha Drutin 'Spades'

As he dashed through the darkened alleys. Aaran had a single question echo again and again in his mind. Why was he doing this? Why was he running after a common street rat and a dangerous criminal? The most likely outcome would be the Thief rejecting Aaran's offer of aid and simply walking away. But something spurred Aaran on. Through his connection to the Force, the Padawan could sense the conflict in the street rat. The young man's destiny could go either way.

As he felt his body seize up from the Master of Ren exerting his will against the Universe. The dark pressure holding him at bay, preventing him from chasing down the kidnapper. With a grunt, he turned back towards Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren , his eyes narrowing as the Dark Warrior approached. In this light, in this context. He could finally get a good look at the creature he faced down before. Ignoring the screams of the civillians around as they fled at the sight of the ignited saber and masked man.

"Nothing more than a thug in a mask. A base animal." He grunted out, meeting Kyrel's mask. His own eyes boring into it with an intensity that may cause the Dark Master to pause for the briefest of moments. It was in that look, that gaze that one thing became entirely clear. Just as on the Outer Rim, this Padawan would be no simple kill. And even more than that. In such a short amount of time, the gap between their raw power had shunk by quite a margin.

"I am not afraid of you."

In the end, ultimately. One's strength in the Force came from a place of focus. Those vested in the dark side channelled negative emotions. Pain, fear, lust. All to heigthen their focus and bring their mind to bear. A Jedi would simply draw on a calm tranquility and remove all distractions to call the Force to their side.

But one thing above all else that brought strength in the Force. Resolve. And upon hearing Kyrel's plan for Bal. Aaran's resolve became as strong as Beskar. With the simple declaration of courage, the Master of Ren would find his grip on Aaran vanishing. It was not overpowered or dispelled. It was more the young Padawan simply slipped out between the cracks that were widened by his lack of fear.

And in a blur of motion. Aaran vanished, moving at speeds he had never been able to call on before as he blitzed through the alleyways like a bolt of lightning. Inertia meaning nothing to him as he quickly arrived at the rooftop where Bal Kanu Bal Kanu and his Mentor stood. Ignoring a simple jump, he used his momentum and control over his own inertia to simply run right up the wall. Hand reaching out to hook over the railing. Using his momentum to launch himself across the rooftop, skidding to a stop a short distance from the pair.

"Now I dont mean to alarm y'all." He said, rising to his feet and holding out both hands in a gesture of peace. "But that fella in the mask is major bad news. Now I aint gonna hurt you or nothing. But I dont think anyone here wants him to get his hands on you. You wont enjoy what he's got planned."

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha observed the path taken by the masked one and Bal Kanu Bal Kanu from his vantage point on the balcony. The rooftop they now found themselves on was a brothel, or at least it had the facade of one.

He also witnessed the brief confrontation between Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren and Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo before the latter slipped through the dark knight’s grasp. His initial temptation was to stay out of the conflict, keeping his nose out of their business, but his feelings about the situation were verging away from mere curiosity and greed into the realm of the incensed.

He suspected - no, he knew - that the kid was enslaved, whether to the masked one or some other master, it didn’t matter. After what had happened to his own brother, Alyosha had a particular distaste for those who held others in bondage, forcing them to work in some capacity or another without anything to gain for themselves. So he decided that he wouldn’t stand around this time and wait for the main players to duke it out, coming in later to pick the corpses clean like a vulture. This time he would take action.

As the Jedi leaped onto the roof of the brothel, eager to confront the Kaleesh and his charge, Alyosha had already made his way across several others, running across them to reach the same building. He sensed some danger as he approached, a vague inkling of ill intent, but he paid it no heed, confident in his ability to take care of himself.

“Jedi,” he called, having rolled to a stop after landing on the roof among the rest of the group. “I’m not one of you, but I am with you—for now.” He leveled his blaster at the masked one. “You’re going to let the kid go, no strings attached.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom