Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Empire Reborn

Toran briefly shook Isabella's hand, before departing from this little meeting. He was not much one for the pleasantries of things, and he didn't think he was needed there anymore. Slipping through the crowds, Toran made his way back towards the throne, ascending the steps of the dais. Even here, there were a few groups of people mingling, though they were quick to move out of the Emperor's way, especially when the two glaring Imperial Knights behind Toran stepped forward. As Toran was about to sit down, he felt himself get pushed forward by an unseen force, stumbling into the throne. Turning around, Toran watched as the two Imperial Knights wrestled a young man to the ground, one delivering a quick blow to the mans cheek and knocking him out. On the ground beside him, Toran spotted a small blade, coated in what looked like a green toxin of some kind.

Two Stormtroopers rushed forward, grabbing the man between them and dragging him out of the room, taking the blade with them. Luckily, for the most part, the guests hadn't noticed the altercation, though those nearest the throne were looking at Toran nervously. Smiling to them, Toran shook his head, sitting down on the throne, adjusting his cloak underneath him.

"Poor man simply had too much to drink. Please, enjoy the party." His words were enough to console most of the attendees, though the Imperial Knights stood extremely close to Toran now, their hands resting tensely on the lightsabers resting at their hips.

[member="The Mirage"] [member="Titan"] [member="Isabella LaFleur"] [member="Klesta"] [member="Oscar Saint-Just"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

He couldn’t find anyone that needed a job to be done. So he decided to go and get a drink. He’s kept his identity hidden when he has taken his helmet off, which he does more often than one might think. He keeps his identity secret via holographic helmet. He ordered a drink, and the bartender whipped it up for him and then gave it to him. He turned on his holographic helmet, and took his real helmet off, and putting it on the bar table. He slowly drank his green colored drink, as he looked around at people. He tried to listen in on conversations at the same time.

[member="Toran Fel"]

Such a gentleman. Thinking into herself. And I thought that manners had died out in this corrupt institution. Her eyes blinked a few times, widening and then finishing off the other half of her drink in one big gulp.

"No wonder you've never heard of me then, after all, Moffs are pretty important, aren't they?" chuckling and looking the man dead in the eyes "Alas my presence was requested by the emperor himself as I am apart of the Noblius. Obviously, I am one amongst the many apart of it, though I like to think of myself as standing out, being special, you understand, yes?"

She probably sounded extremely condescending, and that was obviously intentional. Still believing she was on Malachor V where anyone and everyone would obey her every whim and desire, she was delusional. Most people still entertained her desire to be something more and pretending to be as powerful as she once was, but the simple fact was that she just wasn't. The servant who had half-accompanied her to meeting with @Titain looked over at the two with with concern, jittering his leg occasionally, though it heeded no attention from the Noblewoman.

"So, do tell, how did a gentleman such as yourself become a Moff to our grand empire?"

[member="Klesta"] I [member="The Mirage"] I [member="Toran Fel"] I [member="Titan"] I [member="Oscar Saint-Just"] I [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
"The Xi Charrians are an insectoid species, who usually treat the workplace as sacred, and work accidents as sacrileges. Hence they treat workplace health and safety as being of paramount importance to them and they run nearly all the major ergonomic assessment businesses in the galaxy" he answered [member="Titan"]'s question, before asking another one, while Titan may not realize that Klesta was running the only major ergonomic assessment company that wasn't Xi Charrian property. "I have another question: do you have a specific area of expertise?"

When he started operating the Sith Inquisitor as an ergonomic assessment business, the Xi Charrians were his primary competitors. And that was when the Sith Inquisitor was still known as a news company back then, headquartered on Ziost, and perhaps Isabella read a few issues while she was still on Malachor V. Isabella is intriguing: then again, Titan is, too and, in fact, just about everyone in the Moff Council or the Noblius. If the Emperor valued competence, then surely they have some areas of expertise. I'll make sure not to overstep anyone else's areas of jurisdiction unless absolutely necessary, he thought, before turning to [member="Isabella LaFleur"], oblivious to [member="The Mirage"]. Then again, it was often necessary to interact between several departments (beyond appropriations and law enforcement) to get the job done, especially as far as implementation is concerned. But perhaps [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] needed some time to get used to his new social environment now that he no longer had to wear a suit of armor that was, in fact, used to provide life support to him.

"Perhaps, to my eyes, you would be special if you actually had an area of expertise the Emperor summoned you here for. An area of expertise that could turn into an area of jurisdiction"

Oscar by this point had reached the little group, including the Jawa, [member="Klesta"], and someone who appeared to be an upset woman, [member="Isabella LaFleur"]. He ignored them both for now, and as he approached Admiral [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] the young commander rigidly put his hand up towards his long blond hair to salute his superior, as per military custom, before speaking.

"Hello, You Excellency. I am Commander Saint-Just, also of the Imperial Fleet. I could not help but overhear some of what you were saying earlier about the importance of crew safety and found it interesting. Since we happen to both be here at this celebration I was hoping to inquire as to your future plans for development of the Armada?" he asked. The noble was genuinely interested in getting to know the ideas of what could be his future superior in the Navy.

"Although right now I am shifting between assignments I am hoping to become a staff officer at the Admiralty eventually," Oscar elaborated. That was only partly true, but it was close enough to explain his reasoning for wanting to know. Since Oscar eventually planned to become an admiral himself he figured he could use this opportunity, and it's not as if there was anything else in particular he could be doing right now.

[member="Toran Fel"]

Looks around and wonders what all these high official looking people are doing at this bar. “Maybe I could get a job from them. I’m probably not their type of person anyways.” He thought to himself as he finished his drink.

[member="Klesta"] [member="Isabella LaFleur"] [member="Toran Fel"]

Titan

"As much as I would like to think that my proficency in combat is why I'm here as a Moff, the much more likely ansewr is that the Emporer sees my company as useful, several vehicles and starships have already been commissioned to replace the aging fleet." Titan says, "And as I have not fought a single battle for our, as Miss LaFleur put it, Grand Empire; I can only assume my assumption to be true." He points to the Jawa, "I assume you will be in charge of our health and safety, which is probably more important than any genral is safe conditions for soldiers, no soldiers is a bigger deal for any army than no general."

[member="Klesta"] [member="Isabella LaFleur"] [member="Toran Fel"] [member="The Mirage"] [member="Oscar Saint-Just"]

Toran watched the crowd silently for some time, his mind keeping track of the numerous political parties forming and breaking across his field of vision. The decisions made this day would go on to affect the Fel Empire for years to come, and he could only hope that the good would out shine the bad. A small light began to flash on the arm of his throne, drawing his attention away from the party around him. A small screen appeared over the arm, hovering several inches in the air. Reading through the text quickly, Toran's eyes widened briefly, before he tapped a few commands on the console, sending the information in it to Admiral Jaster. He would need to see this at once. Turning back to the room, rising to his feet. Holding up his hand, Toran looked around at the crowd, waiting for them to fall silent.

"Citizens and allies of the Fel Empire, I thank you for coming to this gathering. On this day, the Fel Empire steps out of the shadows of obscurity into the wider galaxy. From here, we shall begin our expansion into the darkness of the void, bringing Imperial culture and society to untold millions. This day, the first battle in our Victory Without War has been won! To celebrate this victory, we shall have a Grand Hunt! We shall travel to Heklor, and compete to see who among us are the best hunters. We shall see who has the most spirit, and determination to complete this task. If you are interested, please stay after to hear more."

Toran let the words hang in the air as the crowd began to file out slowly, some of them shaking their heads. He doubted most of them would go, in fact he hoped they did not. He suspected only a handful would actually take him up on the offer, especially when further details of the event would be revealed...

[member="The Mirage"] [member="Oscar Saint-Just"] [member="Klesta"] [member="Isabella LaFleur"] [member="Titan"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom