Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Elegant Style

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Well being smart is better than being brutish," she said, smiling a bit at the compliment. He had no idea what exactly her lightsaber could do, as far as she knew. She never intended to be a master duelist, she was quite content to learn this one style and focus on other aspects to cover her weaknesses. "And yes, I own Krayt Industries. What exactly are you about to ask me and am I going to regret asking that question?"

She had a feeling of what the favor might be, but she wanted to hear it from him first.

"I have some extra stygium crystals, and a need for stealth infiltrators. The ships have to be able to get where they need to get without being detected, and they're not to be meant for any sort of dog fight. The intention, a quick quiet way for people to enter enemy ships, behind enemy lines, or just in a city with a mark. I'm trusting you [member="Darth Arcanix"] with this information, but I need a ship meant for an assassin." He didn't expect to bring the female into the order he was about to create, but he needed someone to be able to supply the items. Crossing his arms over his chest, he would await her answer, his blue eyes locked on her form.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Oh someone seems ambitious," Taeli laughed. "If you need infiltrators, emphasis on the 's,' I take it you're creating a sect of assassins. Hmm, I suppose I might be willing to help you with this . . . for a price. I want in on whatever you have planned, and I get the chance to develop stuff for this order you're planning to develop. I won't be one of your assassins, but consider me the . . . quartermaster I suppose for your order. You get some neat toys, I get to make some neat toys, everyone wins."

"I can agree to that, but for now. We should discuss the plans for the ship, no?" With a grin Ferus would settle both of his hands behind his head in his usual fasion. He was pleased to bring [member="Darth Arcanix"] aboard. Not only was she the master of Valtryx, the mother of his own child, but a close friend and ally. One he could trust despite the Sith stereotype. Glancing about though, the smile would fade as he actually began to think on where they were.

".. Do you have an actual office?"

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Even better," she said, smiling as she gestured and the door to the training room slid open. "Follow me."

Winding through the corridors of the Sith temple, Taeli made her way to the small narrow staircase that led down to a what appeared to be a simple wooden door with a keyhole lock. It didn't seem impressive, but Taeli had done a few things to the wood and lock to make it so only the key she kept on a chain around her neck, right next to the locket of her birth parents, could open the door.

Slipping it in, she pushed the door open and gestured for Ferus to step inside. He would find wall to wall shelves sagging from the weight of many books, potions and other things for alchemy bubbling away in a clear display of how much wealth and time she had put into it. A desk, along with an antique tea set from Ziost, were set away near a holo-display terminal.

"Good thing about my rank, I got to make this little room my private study and lab," she said with a grin. "How do you like it and can I offer you some tea?"

"Heh, that is true. Rank is a wonderful thing to have." Stepping into [member="Darth Arcanix"] 's office space, the red man would offer a slight nod to the tea. Pulling free his own glass and his own tea leaves, he would simply set them on a nearby table as he waited for the heated water to be made. "This is a rather nice room though. Perhaps I should get my own. I mean, I very well could if I so wished. Just haven't yet." His voice would trail off for a moment before the blue eyes snapped back to the womans form.

"Shall we get to the details now though?"

[member="Darth Ferus"]

As the water came to boil, she poured herself some into a cup then into Ferus's. Placing a tea bag of Bastion Black tea into hers, she added leaves to his and handed it over to him.

"Took awhile to cart all those books down that staircase," she chuckled, taking a sip of the hot liquid. "Anywho, yes details. You wanted a stealth infiltrator, but something to act as a personal transport as well. Hold on one second."

Going over to a drawer in her desk, she activated the holo-display and pulled up her design program for ships and the interactive pen for modifying the display.

"Alright, so I'm thinking something in the realm of sixty to seventy meters long," she said, stretching the basic design on the display with her pen. "Stygium cloaking device stored in the front, just like other infiltrators."

Ferus nodded along slowly as [member="Darth Arcanix"] spoke, a faint smile on his lips. He really knew nothing on ships, but he would listen and act as if he did for the moment. "I simply want it as invisible as possible to the galaxy. They're only going to be meant for infiltration, nothing more." Sipping idly at his own tea, he would look at the screen, tilting his head. It looked nice so far, but he didn't know a good ship from a bad.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Taeli sighed a little, knowing that this ship would need some sort of armament. Still, she had an idea of what systems needed to go into this ship. Something similar to the Invisible Hand frigates her company developed for Blas-Tech Industries and Alric Kuhn.

"Alrighty, as invisible as possible, okay then," she said, tapping the pen to her chin for a moment. "Needs to be fast, so upgraded engines. Should probably burn TibannaX instead of standard ion thrusters. If you didn't know, TibannaX is an isotope of tibanna gas that turns black in efflux trails. Hmm, stygium cloak, check. Oh! Gravitic Modulator to stop anyone from sensing the ship's mass, something even a stygium cloak doesn't protect against. Hmmm, what else."

As she listed off the features, she was changing the ship to suit the needs, placing the systems within the ship frame.

Only nodding along Ferus would simply watch. They had entered uncharted territory for the Zabrak, so he would only agree with her decisions as he sipped at his tea. Gravitic modular, TibannaX, efflux trails. Yeah, he knew none of it. "Will this be easy to make at least?" [member="Darth Arcanix"] would get the only question he could actually think of given the situation.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Other than the stygium cloak, sure," she said, chuckling a little at the question. She had a sneaking suspicion Ferus was not all that versed in what went into a ship or the technical aspects most people didn't think about.

"Okay, thermal dissipator too, beat those pesky thermal scans," she said, adding that system in as well. "Wouldn't want you to appear as though floating in mid-air from one of those eh? Someone might get confused. Okay, advanced sensor array so you can pick up transmissions while in a system since this will be an assassin's ship. Hmm armaments now, you can't let a ship like this have no weapons whatsoever. That would be just silly. Any suggestions?"

"Enough so they don't instantly die in a dog fight, but that won't be their purpose." Slowly he dodged the question on specifics. He knew none after all. Glancing off to the walls of books, he would begin to think about what he might find. Would there be any romance novels up there? He didn't know all that much about [member="Darth Arcanix"] 's personal life after all. Perhaps he would have to look when he got the chance.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Those are mostly history books, political treatises, alchemy books, and a few fantasy novels," she said, noticing his eyes traveling over her book shelves. "I've got even more at my actual lab on Sposia. Anywho, I think two laser cannons and a torpedo launcher will work best. I'd recommend homing proton torpedoes for the launcher, but that will be left up to the individual using the ship."

"This is going to be a rather fast ship, but because of the nature of the ship's current systems, it's going to be lightly armored and shielded, so I'd recommend hit-and-run tactics in a space fight. Hmm what else what else?"

"Fantasy? That seems rather out of place with the rest." He would mumble mostly to himself, but he was still speaking to [member="Darth Arcanix"] . Man did he hate talking about things he didn't know. Still just nodding along, he would once again, again, sip at his tea, trying to give a rather easy answer as quickly as he could. "That sounds good."

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Ah, but what do you know about me Ferus?" she asked, laughing a little. She was actually genuinely curious how much he knew about her or what his guesses were. While she waited for an answer to that question, she added in a note about how firing the weapons would de-cloak the ship, meaning the ship would need a few seconds to re-cloak. Looking at the hyperdrive, she bumped it up to a .5 or 1, that could be decided later.

"I know nothing, actually." Ferus trailed off again as he looked back to the ship, a smile on his face. [member="Darth Arcanix"] would get a shrug from him as he focused more on that. "So, are we basically done here?"

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Well, that's a bit disappointing, I would think an assassin would try and get to know his allies," she laughed. "But yes, we're done here. I'll get this ship started in secret development, since I prefer stealth projects to be . . . quiet and not broadcasted. I'll leave it up to you and whoever else will be leading the assassins to who will actually get these ships."

Getting up, she smiled and gave Ferus another curtsy.

"If you want to send that stygium over to the world of Bilbringi, we can probably get the prototype done soon."

Offering a bow of his head to [member="Darth Arcanix"] Ferus would get up, finishing his tea. "I could find out what I want, but I like to leave those I consider a friend to their privacy. You'll tell me what you want me to know, when and if you want me to know. I've no reason to push on that." Glancing around the room, Ferus would take one last look at the books with a slight grin before turning to leave.

"I leave this in your very capable hands. Expect the shipment shortly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom