Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Armistice, You say? [Kaine]

Katarr
Capitol City

Verz awaited the Sith Emporer, @[member="Kaine Zambrano"] . The man had recently come to power as the head of the Empire and had requested a meeting with Verz on a neutral world. They had settled on Katarr, which had become inhabited again after the Gulag Plauge receded from the galaxy. The Miriluka had been gracious enough to provide a meeting place in the city's municipal building, and that's where the Mandalore awaited the Emporer. Two of the most powerful people in the galaxy, both politically and as warriors. They had fought in several battles against each other and were each a force to be reckoned with in battle. But Verz had no intention of any physical violence today. He just wanted to hear what Kaine had to say.

He waited, sitting at a round table with a surface of stained glass shards. On it rested a holoviewer and a pitcher of water, along with glasses.

Kaine arrived sometime later flanked by the same scrawny, unimpressive Imperial agent whom had been witness to the mutual defense pact written up between Kaine and Ashin Varanin in retrospect of both their respective factions. Now he had come to witness the signing of another pact, only this time it was with the respected Mandalore of the Mandalorian Clans whom the Empire had been at odds with ever since it formed under the machinations of Darth Sidic so long ago. As he entered the conference room, he bowed deeply to the Mandalore, and has his servant do the same, before taking a seat across from him while his servant remained standing behind him. "Hail, mighty Mandalore. I am pleased that you have come so far to sit down with me, as I have always held a deep respect for the Mandalorians and their leader. Sadly I never had time to express such respect with our people's... interesting history together."

@[member="Verz Horak"]

As Kaine walked in, followed by a runt of an officer, Verz stood up and bowed as well. It was the first time since Emberli had been Mandalore since there was formal diplomatic contact between the Sith Empire And Mandalorian Clans. And he was right, they did have an interesting history. "I think we should disperse with formalities, Emporer Kaine. We are both here for a reason. What is it that you want with the Mandalorian Clans? We both know that we have not had the best of histories. War atrocities, unjustified invasions, not to mention cruel and unusual treatment of certain prisoners of war."

@[member="Kaine Zambrano"]

Kaine sighed, and then lightly shrugged his shoulders before speaking, "When there is war, there will always be war atrocities, but those were under the commands of Emperor Moridin, as were to the invasions. Were we to just say no to the Emperor, would your people collectively say no to you if you ordered them to war?" He paused, reclining back into the chair he was sitting in while also steeping his hands before continuing. "If you refer to the unlawful treatment of one Mia Monroe, that was committed by Daxton Bane, whom is no longer among us. If you wish vengeance upon him, you will find him with the likes of the Confederacy. But, all explaining aside, we should get straight to the point. Our people have been at each other's throats ever since the Gulag Virus subsided decades ago, and it needs to stop now. We both must be the leaders that we really are, and stop the needless bloodshed. I propose a treaty, perhaps not one that cements us as public allies, but perhaps a non-aggression pact to end this pointless fighting so we both can focus on things other than spilling Imperial and Mandalorian blood."

@[member="Verz Horak"]

"You speak truth, Emporer. My frustration got the better of me. It's just been a long time, and many battles. Memories I will never forget as long as I live were forged in the war. I still dream of the horrors I witnessed and vode I lost."
Verz took the glass of water in front of him and took a long drink, draining the glass.
"And it is time for the war to end. The war has never been advantageous for either side. I think you are correct that an armistice is needed. Many Mandalorians will agree that the war needs to end. I think that we should, as a public act of goodwill, return all captured prisoners, technology, and territory."

"That sounds acceptable, but you speak of lost territory, what exactly do you mean when you speak of lost territory?" He said sternly as he himself allowed himself a goblet of water, and slowly sipped it's deliciously cold contents. "If you speak of Yaga Minor, that will be difficult to return. Trust me when I say that those who had worked hard to claim that world for the Sith, will not look lightly on me if I just give it back. The Sith have turned on Emperors for far less, and thus you can see the predicament I am in. I will, of course, return prisoners of war who have languished in Imperial prisons from our previous conflicts."

@[member="Verz Horak"]

"I lost good men taking that world. Th star was and is unstable, so it was exceedingly dangerous for us, and I want to honor my people's sacrifice. Perhaps we can come to an agreement regarding the world." Verz refilled his glass and drank some more water. "Perhaps we could split ontrol of the world down the equator. Hav Imperial control in the Northern Hemisphere, and Mandalorian control of the Southen hemisphere."

"Yes, I think all will benefit from that. We could even go one step farther and establish Yaga Minor not only as a conjoined shipyard world, but also the main trading hub between the Imperials and the Mandalorians. Will that be acceptable, Mandalore?" Kaine continued to drink from his goblet of water, only to eventually find it empty. Idly he levitated the pitcher towards him with the force, and poured him another glass.

@[member="Verz Horak"]

"I believe that would help both of us immensely. It would help bring our citizens closer together and bring about more public trust. I also suggest both militaries keep a minimal presence for the purposes of protecting the world from piracy and threats from the outer regions that lie outside of civilized control. And I suggest that to prevent any potential conflict, I say the joint should fleet be commanded by Yaga Minor natives, so that the fleet will be used in the best interests of the Yagans. What do you think of that, Emporer Kaine?"

"It is acceptable, Mandalore Horak. What we do with Yaga Minor shall bring both of our people one step closer together, and perhaps in time lingering hostilities will be remedied by the pact we make here today." With that Kaine motioned to the scrawny agent next to him, who produced a blank datapad not unlike the one he used to write the treaty with Ashin Varanin a few days ago. "This shall be our scripture for the pact." He quickly inscribed all that was discussed across the electronic surface of the datapad, each stroke creating lines upon lines of treaty, and soon enough he had finished and typed his name out across a dotted line created at the bottom for both names. "If all things are finalized, I believe we should cement this new pact between our people." With that he slowly slid the datapad across the table to Verz.

@[member="Verz Horak"]

Verz took the datapad and the stylus, quickly looking over the treaty, then signed it, right next to Kaine's signature. He plugged in a datacard to copy the treaty, then handed the datapad back to Kaine. And with that signature, the great Mando-Imperial War would end. The longest conflict since before the Plauge had been ended, and neither side had been annihilated, as many thought would happen before the war would end. Verz raised his glass of water in an impromptu toast. "To peace, Emporer Kaine. To peace."

Kaine took the datapad, and handed it off to his agent who stored it away in a black satchel at his side. Kaine took his own goblet of water, and rose it to toast to Verz's own. "To peace, Mandalore, and to a better future for both of our people." He then drank the last of his water, and lightly placed the goblet back on the table and rose. "Then this meeting between Emperor and Mandalore is concluded, and we may now go our separate ways. News of this shall be broadcasted to every home in the Empire, and all will know what has been accomplished here today. I bid thee farewell, Mandalore."

@[member="Verz Horak"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom