Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Ancient Gift

When Aren had left Ar'ekk it had been known they would meet up again. Now their first reunion was planned. He had extended the invitation for her to come to him and she did this. Landing on Lithios, Aren had with her EL, Skeeter on her shoulder and a small almost spider looking droid.

They were her ever present companions and never left her side. Only time any of them did was when Aren asked something of them or they were forced apart. At those times, EL did what she could to return to her mistress with almost any means possible. Not a fully functional combat droid, she could shoot her way around if her guns weren't taken away too.

The little spider droid wandered off at times, but was never out of hearing distance from her. He was called Sam and was there mostly to help with repairs to ships and other small tasks he was programmed for. Sam only communicated in beeps and whistles, but Aren somehow understood him perfectly.

Not knowing what to expect here, she walked off the ship and looked to see if her brother was there to greet her or if she would be taken to see him.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
SpaceportLithios.png
LITHIOS
Ethos City's Spaceport, Ethos City

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Aren D'Shade"]

Six months.

It had been that long since Ar'ekk and Aren last seen each other before going separate ways with the older brother trying to seek personal answers in solitude while the younger one decided to go in exciting adventures with the former Padawan of his, Rann.

He wasn't worried a single bit about his sister getting into harms' way, if anything she was able to handle herself just fine.

The moment she reached out to the Je'daii Ranger, he excitedly expect for his sister's arrival to Lithios which is why he went personally to pick her up at the spaceport in his all-new NX-249 Airspeeder and bring her to his new home in the upper district of Ethos City.

Living rather comfortably and alone for a while now, Ar'ekk settled down just fine.

He looked around the crowded spaceport as people went back and forth, trying to find his relative amongst the mass...

Not too tall or too short, her droid companion was a couple inches shorter than Aren herself. Skeeter sat on the girl's shoulder and in her arms she carried another little droid. In the crowd here, Sam was too little to be allowed to wander on his own. He could easily get squished and Aren would be out of a companion. Around her head soared another droid she had named Red. Not that she was red in color, but it fit her.

If the collection of droids wasn't enough of a glaring sign for Ar'ekk to find her, then Aren might not see him herself.

"What exactly are we doing here?"

EL asked this of the girl and she just shook her head before answering.

"You seriously don't remember? Do I need to check your programming again? We're here to visit my brother. I'm not sure if he'll come here himself or send somebody to pick us up."

A change in attitude came from EL at the suggestion of needing her programming checked, but maybe she did. Aren caught sight of her brother and headed in that direction. Wearing a large smile, she hoped he liked her companions.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

His little sister had a thing for droids and he would never understand such passion and devotion for lifeless robotic things, yet he knew that Aren loved them and as a big brother he should demonstrate love for what she does in a genuine way which he certainly did.

Of course, she spotted Ar'ekk amidst the swarm of people sorrounding them and made her way towards him as he stood with both hands inside his iconic black blazer. Skeeter, the Porg that he liked, plus a handful of new companions held onto and near Aren and he reacted to such accordingly,

"Hey! How are you, Aren? I'm glad you made it here. You and your little friends."

You couldn't get away from his big bear hugs and specially the ones full of love and protection like the one exchanged between relatives, no matter how long it had been since they last saw each other or the things that transpired inbetween.

Nothing can take away your family.

When Ar'ekk decided to grip Aren close in a hug, Sam included himself in the mix and wrapped half of his legs around the arm of her brother. Once the hug was done though, he went back into sitting comfortably in her arms.

"I have been well, Ar'ekk. What about you? I'm glad I made it here too. Along with Sam, EL, Skeeter and Red."

While they might be droids or pets, some with emotions and some without, they shared what they could with Aren. As she named each of them in turn they would wave a leg, do a fly by, squawk or nod to indicate who was which.

"What goes on here?"

If he probed her with the Force, he would be able to tell her skill rested awoken, but still untrained. Her skill was natural with the droids and it was special to her. That had progressed on its own, the more she worked with them.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

Cute.

The itty bitty new friends that Aren brought over seemed to have taken a positive appreciation of Ar'ekk as they roamed through his body and moved back to their "master". He could read his little sister's Force Signature as soon as she was within close range, an empowering and vibrant yet untrained skill.

Her attunement with the Force and always passionate devotion to droids and slicing in general made her a very special asset, besides being his own blood.

Their bloodline, unknown to them, was apparently very powerful and they shared some of that in different ways. Ar'ekk was the more fighting and "enforcer" type while Aren was the brains and the complex one.

"It rains a lot, every day non stop. It's like the sky is always angry or something but I love it."

"Come on, let's find my speeder and get you home."

Reaching for his sister's luggage and helping her to carry it over to his NX-249 Airspeeder, Ar'ekk set Skeeter on his shoulder and gave him treats he brought over in mind. They had a special bond, Porg and Human, that it was sort of funny.

"How was your trip?"

Her luggage was still very simple and kept to two bags only. The bag of tools, she kept a hold of, her other belongings she allowed her brother to carry to his speeder.

"I hope your speeder is large enough for all of us."

Three of them were small, but EL and Aren were of normal proportions and would take a full seat each.

"Hold on, did you say home? I didn't think I would be living here."

A visit and catch up on ​things. She was on vacation and had a job to return to. It would be all talked about when they got to his home, but Aren wouldn't be able to stay here forever.

"My trip was fine. You know public transportation. Luckily they were accepting of my friends."

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Don't worry, this airspeeder turns into a four-seater on command."

The perks of having an unique transport such as the NX-249 Lithios Class Airspeeder means that its features are specific, hard to come by and its design excels in perfection.

Doesn't matter if it's an addition or an upgrade for a better functionality, it was always going to be an over the top option when trying to find the perfect transportation.

With a single press of a button, Ar'ekk's airspeeder morphed from a two-seater into a four-seat vehicle that would allow everyone board without any complications. Her luggage was placed in the trunk and they proceeded to sit down inside his comfy speeder, its fine seats and the fresh scent within would make this a rather joyful trip through Ethos City.

The vehicle lifted off and he made his way through the many buildings as the neon lights reflected on the windows as the rain downpoured rather heavily on them.

"I'm living here. You're welcome to stay as much as you'd like but I won't hold you back."

"I'm going to have to get one of these too."

With a simple nod and smile, they all climbed into it comfortably. Aren looked at her brother as he lifted them off and away from the spaceport. She kept her bag of tools with her, but her clothes went into the back.

The drumming of the rain made her tired, probably more than normal.

"Wow the trip or the time change must be getting to me. Luckily these guys don't take up much room and don't need beds to sleep on. Skeeter could use a small basket if you have one. Red just a shelf, Sam usually sleeps near my head and EL in a chair."

Listening to what Ar'ekk said about living here and that he didn't plan to hold her here, she patted him on the arm and smiled again.

"I'll stay to catch up. What sights are there to see here?"

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS
Ethos City

"It's a custom model, you're looking at the only one in existence."

The rain was wiped away from the windshield as they traveled through the massive buildings and skycrapers of Ethos City, neon lights and flashy advertisements reflecting on the airspeeder as both brother and sister engaged in conversation.

"There's a guest room for you to have some privacy, I'm sure your little friends can fit there just alright. I trust they won't make a mess."

He beamed a child-like grin at the mention of that since he wasn't too organized to begin with, although the interior of his apartment was tidy enough. As the questions about Lithios surfaced, Ar'ekk tried to convey his ideas in the most simple and clear way possible.

"Too many to mention in one single sentence. The merchants' district houses all the major brands and stores you can think of galaxy-wide, the Red Light and Entertainment sector is pretty self descriptive... There? You'll never go there."

Resorting to a small chuckle, acting like the big and protective brother he was, Ar'ekk kept his eyes on the road as they pulled into the apartment's private docking bay. A door to their right would lead them directly to the apartment's interior after the luggage was grabbed from the trunk.

There would be a clear look of disappointment when Ar'ekk said this was a one of a kind speeder. Then again the girl didn't have a real clue how to drive one so it probably wouldn't do any good for her. More than likely she would end up crashing if she was piloting the thing.

"I guess my feet or a taxi will have to do."

At least until I can steal one... ​

Sometimes being a slicer was good and could help. It had been how the two of them had met in the first place with her trying to steal his ship.

"Thank you, Ar'ekk. Only one that makes a mess of any kind is Skeeter. I can clean up after both of us though."

Listening to what he said about Lithios and what there was to be seen, he mentioned she wouldn't be going to the Entertainment District. Giving him a dirty look as it suggested she wasn't old enough to her, Aren shook her head.

"Why not?"

Climbing out, she waited for him to take the lead and show her around his apartment.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS
Ar'ekk's Apartment, Ethos City

"Because it's riddled with scum and I don't want my little sister to go there alone."

Ar'ekk said so bluntly, making it sound more like an order rather than a suggestion. He had been there before and it wasn't a beautiful place to be alone at, specially when you're a young girl like Aren was.

"Here's your room, big enough to fit Skeeter and the rest. I didn't think of pets but I guess you can solve that out."

The rain furiously hit the windows of his apartment as lightning strikes went off outside, everything visible from that high. Ar'ekk loved to live in apartments in high places, which is why he chose the 92nd floor. All the people, neon billboards and whatnot was noticeable from up there.

"This is your secondary home, you're welcome whenever you like. You want to take a shower, grab some food from the fridge or go outside? Feel free, you can have a spare key. All I ask is that you're careful and tidy."

Home sweet home. It was nice to have her here.

Her travel pack was placed in the room, but her ever present little bag of tools remained at her side. They were harder to replace than clothing, at least for her. Aren had yet to find any real employment. A job here or there, slicing into things and once in a while being able to get away with stealing a droid. The only one of her companions she hadn't actually stolen was EL.

These guys were loyal to her and wouldn't leave her side unless she ordered them to. In the days that had passed since she last saw Ar'ekk, her own fighting skills had improved a little, but EL took care of most before any became a concern. Having given her a couple of blasters, anybody that got too close would be shot. That was enough for Aren.

"Keep things tidy? Does that mean you want to clean the rest of the place too? Does anybody else live here?"

Accepting the spare key from him, she put it into her bag of tools.

"Nice knowing I won't have to slice my way in each time I come back."

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"No, I'm living alone but you know I like to keep things in their place."

That was true. He didn't have the need to lie to his little sister, living alone on Lithios was rough but having her around would make things easier for him now.

Ar'ekk showed Aren around the apartment without too much excitement, going through each room and giving her a brief round of things. Do this, don't do that, yada yada. She was a big girl and would know that following rules in his brother's household was sacred, so he spared some of the obvious talk.

"You already tried with my ship, remember? I won't let you do that with my house."

He laughed that off as he walked towards one of the windows and watched the rain pour down on Ethos City with its signature fierceness.

"The water's ready if you need a shower, I bet you need one after such a long trip."

The girl and her companions followed Ar'ekk around the apartment and listened to what he had to say. Smiling when he mentioned how they had met, she shook her head slightly.

"Look, I didn't just try. I actually got the ship opened and would have taken off with it if you hadn't come back."

He offered her a shower and she nodded in agreement.

"That would be nice. What's for food or do I need to cook something for us?"

That was not something she had with him for a long time. To just sit down, eat and not worry about anything.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"I will get us something, don't worry. The towels are inside the wardrobe on your bedroom, grab them and just shower. Water's hot enough."

With that out of the way, Ar'ekk moved to the kitchen and grabbed two empty bowls to start cooking.

His specialty were wet noodles with Bantha grill steak and other spicy ingredients, something he learned from Jovim the noodle shop owner just around the corner from his apartment.

To enjoy a moment of tranquility with your family was something he always looked after, the relief and serenity with his mind was almost overwhelming it felt surreal to even think about such thing.

"Where's Skeeter? I'll get him something to eat too."

The offer and thought of a shower was too tempting for Aren to pass up. Almost as soon as her brother left her room, she was climbing into the shower to get clean. Taking her time, she enjoyed the feeling of the water running through her hair and scrubbing herself clean. The trip on that transport had made her feel grimy and she wanted that off her.

By the time she was out, dried off and back with Ar'ekk, the apartment was smelling wonderful with the food he was cooking for them. When he asked about Skeeter, he would feel a nudge on his foot. Letting out a laugh, Aren pointed at him.

"He remembers you and the treats you gave him before. At least here I don't have to worry about him being thought of as food."

If the food was ready, she would accept the bowl, look at it and at Ar'ekk.

"What is this? Smells great whatever it is."

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Wet noodles and some secret ingredients, my personal touch."

Their table was already laid out for them to sit down and eat right away, Ar'ekk joining Aren in just a minute.

He felt something tugging his foot as he was done cooking his food and looked down, noticing the little Porg proding him with its itty-bitty wings. Ar'ekk knelt down and caressed him gently behind the ear. Reaching over for one of the drawers, the man took out a very small plastic box and filled it with different edibles for him to enjoy.

"I don't know what do they eat but I gave him a mix of everything. Small stuff, nothing he could choke on."

Ar'ekk looked down at Aren's feet and with a smile he pointed at the door and then to her, obviously talking about her footwear.

"I forgot to tell you, no shoes inside the house because of all the mud we bring from outside as it rains almost everyday. Inside's warm, so you can go around barefoot or with socks. Leave your shoes by the entrance right next to mine."

With what out of the way, they both sat down to eat and engage in friendly chatter.

"Wet noodles...I'm not sure about this. Guests can't be picky though, eh? I'll give it a try."

It wasn't like Aren really had much of a choice. She could cook, but it wasn't ever really very good. It kept her and Skeeter alive though, that is what mattered. Whatever he fixed for them would certainly be better than something she could come up with.

Taking a bit of the food, she smiled as Ar'ekk got something out for the porg and set it out for him.

"Thank you."

Giving him an odd look when he mentioned taking her shoes off, she shrugged and pointed her fork at him. Talking with some food in her mouth, not at all like she had been taught, she would say something that sounded like.

"What happens if there's an attack?"

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

LITHIOS

"You shoot."

Ar'ekk laughed from across the kitchen. Nobody would even dare to touch his own apartment, let alone his family. That would mean certain people would be dealt with and he wasn't someone to forget, not for anything they called him the "Champion of the Kajidii" in Nar Shaddaa.

One of his well kept secrets and the most important if you'd dare to say. Aren could never find out that his brother used to be a major crime lord on the Smuggler's Moon because it'd shatter their trust and relationship, he would never forgive himself if that happened.

"Nobody is going to attack us, trust me. Now take them shoes off, you're leaving stains on the floor."

He pointed to Aren's feet with his own fork, unaware if she had any socks or not. It didn't matter though because he loved to roam around the apartment barefoot.

"What do you think of this place so far?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom