Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Ancient Gift

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
LITHIOS
Ar'ekk's Apartment, Ethos City

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Aren D'Shade"], [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

The door to Aren's bedroom closed before he could even say anything, standing on his feet for a moment to enjoy the silence for as long as it lasted. Dishes cleaned and nothing else to do but rest on the couch, Ar'ekk felt a familiar presence approaching the door and before he knew anything there were brief but strong knocks.

Alexandra. She had been staying for a while with him now, helping each other to cope with similar pains that were too difficult to bear with alone. The death of his girlfriend and disappearance of the adoptive daughter they both had combined with her issues regarding her children, the love that was broken and she tried to fix... Too many personal things shared between the two. But they had each other's backs like good friends.

"Hey! Come in. I was about to get some sleep but I couldn't keep my eyes shut, you know me."

There was enough booze in the cupboard to last at least a week and getting paid for food, alcohol or groceries wasn't something he liked because money wasn't an issue. Sure, he accepted the usual good-will gesture from time to time but in his household everyone had to relax and let him do the rest. It's the least he could do.

"They didn't give you much grief at the spaceport? There was a lockdown not long ago, no idea what for."

It didn't seem like an entire night had passed before Aren woke up to hearing voices in the other room. A contributing factor to her waking up in the middle of the night was also the fact Skeeter was sitting on her chest trying to tell her he needed to out.

"Shut off...grump...okay okay. I'm awake."

Not that anything would ​be clearly understood since she was just waking up and groggy with sleep. Climbing out of bed, she picked him up and opened the door and find her brother and Alex talking. Hearing their voices must have woken up Skeeter leading him to want to go out.

Mismatched sock, jammies and bed head were the first impression Alex would get of Aren and with a porg dancing in her arms with a need to go outside.

"I'll be right back. Hi nice to meet you, I'm Aren."

And with that she was​ gone from the apartment after putting her shoes on.

[member="Arekk"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra had been about to say something when [member="Aren D'Shade"] came out, passing them and immediately off to go walk the porg that the young woman had with her. Alexandra could only watch in confusion for a few moments, waiting for the girl to be out of the apartment before looking back at Arekk with a raised eyebrow. She connected the points she could before moving on and answering the question he had posed, figuring she could learn more about the girl and this situation later on.

"No, I didn't have many issues. Though I think that was mostly owed to the fact of me hiding the numbers that made me stand out a bit. Speaking of which, what is with the people in here in being so xenophobic. I must say for a world among the greater galactic population, it is really hard to find someone that isn't human or at the least sub-human, and even that is a pain in the ass to find sometimes." She sighed and took a seat where she could, looking up at the man and smiling.

"So, taking in children now [member="Arekk"]? Did I rub off on you and you start wanting to care for little ones. Because I am sure you could have picked someone a bit younger if you wanted to be a dad, more time with the kid." She joked about it but it was clear there was something in her eyes, some familiar yearning behind them as she had seen the kid leave with little more than a chance to say hello back. Once the young woman returned though, she would find a welcoming Alexandra ready to say hi, in the only way the woman could after getting the chance to great a child once more.

Arekk

LITHIOS

"That's my younger sister, Aren."

Funny of Alexandra to think that of him, to start wanting a family to take care of. A year ago that was exactly what he was doing but everything dissipated once the nightmare he never spoke of occured.

The memory stayed in his mind for a few moments, stinging his heart like it always did before disappearing into the mist. A smile replaced the short brown that developed on his face.

"But hey, I'm not thinking about that yet."

Ar'ekk and Aren shared too many similarities to not realize they were siblings, from the way they talked to their personalities that could be defined as almost identical. Adventurous, excited, perfectionists and technology freaks.

As expected the girl was gone only for a few minutes, Skeeter finished his business up quickly and wanted back into the apartment soon. Ar'ekk had given her freedom to come and go so she returned and kicked her shoes off at the door and removed her hooded jacket. Setting the porg on the floor, she finally walked over to Alex for a more formal hello.

"Who are you?"

She stood and attempted to look somewhat normal. Considering she was in pajamas, mismatched socks and hair messed from sleep and a hood, this was going to be difficult.

"I'm Aren and nice to meet you."

Looking at Ar'ekk, there appeared to be a little knowing, if mistaken glint in her eyes. She might be young, but that didn't mean Aren wasn't aware of certain things.

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra smiled when his frown had vanished. The man said he was kot thinking about a family or anything of the likes yet, something that made her grin a tad wider. This man was interesting to Alexandra and she took their little moment to smile at him and think on what might come. The main had always been a curious fellow but she did wonder if he could move on to see himself with a family once more. She didn't know the full details, but knew he hurt.

So Alexandra dropped the conversation and took a seat on the couch nearby, leaning back and kicking her feet up as she looked back over to Arekk and the door past him. After another minute or so Alexandra would find the girl returning and introducing herself again which made Alex smile as she looked at the little one, comparatively.

Part of Alexandra lit up like a Christmas tree as she laid back on the couch, wanting to hug Aren and not let go. Part of her putting the face of her own daughter over Aren's and thinking that this moment could mean much more. But that was not reality and Alexandra tossed out the thought, trading it for a raised brow and a grin when a knowing light touched Aren's eyes.

"My name is Alexandra, a pleasure to meet you Aren. I am a very close friend of little Arekk, he has been very hospitable in the past."

Arekk

LITHIOS

"Yep, she's right. I'm glad you two are finally meeting."

That went better than expected.

Knowing his little sister, Ar'ekk was sure that she was thinking something totally unrelated about the two of them such as him having a secret girlfriend or similar. Not that he'd blame her for thinking that considering Alexandra popped out of nowhere.

"But hey, I'm not thinking about that yet."

Bending down to pick up Skeeter the Porg and setting him on his shoulder, Ar'ekk fed him with some treats he bought earlier for the pet. They had a good rapport like the one he used to have with Kippo, the baby fat monkey that Jyn and himself used to own back in the day. The little monkey was set free shortly after Jyn and Atefeh disappeared, his current location was unknown.

"So, Alex. How's your day been?"

The girl looked between Alexandra and Ar'ekk as the older woman introduced herself.

"Very close I'm sure."

Looking at her brother, ​Aren wanted to tell him not feed Skeeter right now, but it was too late. There was going to be another bathroom call in a short amount of time at this rate.

"Not thinking about what yet, dear brother?"

She might have been you​ger than him, but there was quite a lot she was aware of. While the two talked about being friends and not thinking of something​, Aren knew there had to be more than just that to what was between the two of them.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Aren D'Shade"] would be met with a smile when the second comment came, Alexandra understanding what she was getting at and her only answer being that simple smile. Alexandra found herself enjoying this one thought of Arekk being that close. While Alexandra could see such, she knew that it was unlikely at this stage, considering the fact Arekk was more a friend than anything else.

Were things different, that kind of a relationship might actually have started.

But that was not the case and she only smiled, choosing then to respond after collecting her thoughts a bit more completely. She decided though, to have a little fun with the sister of her friend.

"Oh it honestly was quite slow. I couldn't wait to get here, between the long wait at the starport and then the people in the streets, I much prefer being here and especially so during the night." She knew how the sister would take the words, and Arekk would probably know what she was doing, but Alexandra needed to have some fun from time to time too.

Arekk

LITHIOS

Ar'ekk almost choked with the cookie he was eating, Skeeter reacting with a playful squawk. He was caught by surprise by her comment, eyes looking out for Alexandra's while he tried to hide in the kitchen discreetly. Putting the Porg down carefully and going around the kitchen pretending to do something productive, he tried to convey the situation in the best way possible but failed incredibly.

"Uhhh...."

So funny.

He was usually very talkative and outgoing but this time he blushed and couldn't spew a single word without sounding like a blabbering kid who's too ashamed to even do anything. Aren would definitely take the girl's commentary the wrong way and he could see that in her face, the little sister ready to mock his big brother.

The knowing look remained on Aren's face as Alex spoke. In saying she didn't like it any other place than here especially at night, it all made total sense to the girl. She had tried to sneak in and meet with Ar'ekk only to have that spoiled by a porg that needed to go outside.

Scooping up Skeeter, she gave her brother a wink, smile and nod. There was also in the look something to show she felt proud her brother had found another woman and started moving on in his life.

"I'm just going to try to go get more sleep."

G​iving Ar'ekk a thumbs up, she would head back into the only guest room unless either of them stopped her.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Arekk"]'s reaction, matched with [member="Aren D'Shade"] acting as she did eventually caused a grin and laugh from Alexandra. She enjoyed messing with her friend, knowing that he would take it the right way and find the humor in the situation. After all, she could bring up the time that they had come to meet once more, knowing that that night and morning had been rather interesting for both parties involved.

"You know Arekk, its very lonely over here." She smiled, trying to shock him out of the entire situation, get him to focus on something else and waiting to see if he would stop Aren or try to explain things.

Alexandra could tease her friend without worry, knowing that he would not take it at face value. After all, he knew that she only felt that way for Vulpesen right now, and knew that she wouldn't just change her mind like that in a moment. Even if it was possible, if the two of them were honest about the situation.

Arekk

LITHIOS

Stifling out a yawn into a balled fist, Ar'ekk just looked between Aren and Alexandra with a thousand yard stare that faded away to give way to a cheeky, toothy grin. As expected, his little sister took things the wrong away given that the red haired girl made it seem so in a jokingly manner, but he took it the good way.

"Go ask your boyfriend, then. Remember?"

Fiesty.

If she wanted to play games, he'd play them too and win. In retaliation, Ar'ekk struck hard where she most likely couldn't defend herself, cracking jokes and making sure the tide was on his side rather than against him. Thankfully, Skeeter and Aren had already parted ways and the two of them were alone in the living room.

"Don't come at me after she believes we're in something!"

The girl barely heard the last comment made by Alex as she and Skeeter walked into the room she was sleeping in. Setting him down on the bed, the whirring of EL waking up caught Aren's attention.

"Ugh, I'm not going to get any more sleep am I?"

​Turning the light on, she decided to just get dressed and rejoin her brother. As she moved around the other two droids also came back online after charging up for the night.

"Cmon you guys. There's a lady out there for you to meet. My brother has hooked up with her so you'll be seeing her a lot I think."

Opening her door back up, EL, Sam and Red all came out with her along with Skeeter bringing up the rear.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Arekk"] quickly mentioned a boyfriend and got a glare from Alexandra as if on command.

That was a sore subject and he knew it, but she quickly recovered and slowly stood, making her way over to him, grinning and pushing her finger into his chest. "Now now, don't be so mean Arekk. I seem to remember you having some fun with complimenting me the other night." She paused and sighed with a long heavy laugh as she moved to sit back down and nodded to him.

"Fine fine, I'll be good..." She looked at the door as it opened back up and revealed a new train of Porgs and Aren herself as she came out saying something Alexandra had to just smile at, given the fact she had just promised not to make things worse.

"Cute little guys, though I prefer creatures of a different type. Also, Sorry do disappoint but im not actually hooked up with your brother. We are just really old friends." She said, smiling as she leaned forward. "I was his teacher at once point, believe me or not."

She knew that might sound a bit odd, considering that Alexandra looked no older than twenty three, and Arekk by that comparison looked to be her elder, not the other way around.

Arekk

LITHIOS

The glare spoke a thousand words and he nodded, coming to a sudden stop with his mockery and playful attitude.

"Sorry."

Touchy conversation to talk upon so he profusely apologised. She instead took it the right away and walked up to him in a manner that he simply hated, in the right way, because it was in the utmost provocatively manner. Pushed further into the kitchen until he bumped against the sink, Ar'ekk laughed.

"I can't say nice things now? Come on."

Then the parade came as Aren's little friends roamed all over the apartment and his eyes focused on his little sister, grinning as Alexandra explained their current status. He appreciated the comment about moving on but he wasn't to going to do that just yet, it just didn't feel right. Whatever happened with someone in the future, it had to take time and patience.

The companions Aren came out with weren't porgs, only Skeeter was one of those. These others were all droids.

"This is EL, Sam and Red."

As she gave a name to each of them they would somehow motion so Alex would know who was which. Only one could speak for herself though and that was EL.

"It's EL-31, miss."

Letting out a groan, Aren nodded when her droid spoke and sat back down with Alex and her brother. When Alex admitted she had been lying to her, she shook her head. That was something she would never get from her droids. No way they would deceive her​.

"Well someday he'll get into a relationship and I'll be ready to support him."

Just like she had been when she thought these two were together. Even if it had been a wrong assumption.

"So you have somebody you got your eyes on? It's not Alex here, obviously."

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra smiled when he said that, about to respond but soon she was being introduced to the little train of droids with her eye raising at the one speaking up.

Alexandra was left inspecting the droids when she heard Aren mention someone will get him to settle down in the future. Alex herself held the same belief and it was soon vocalized by the younger woman who now sat with the. She was amused to see this conversation going on and leaned on one of her hands as she looked at her old friend.

"Do tell Arekk, who is this woman you most definitely have an eye on. There has to be someone otherwise you would have been far more interested in my the other night. Such a gentleman does not exist unless he was interested in someone already, that much is for certain." She was mostly speaking that way to have some fun, going back to inspecting the droids soon after and seeing what she could pick apart about them.

Alexandra always enjoyed droids, especially those with small touches that made them far more interesting than factory models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom