Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tech Review Amplification Kyber Crystal

dh06kp2-9ee425a8-7f86-4e3d-a064-5108bf6c0e0e.png

Amplification Crystal

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Name: Amplification Crystal
  • Manufacturer: N/A
  • Affiliation: Braze Braze
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Homeworld: Rare patches can be found scattered throughout the Universe.
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Material: Kyber Crystal

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Lightsaber Crystal
  • Weight: Extremely Light
  • Color: Pale White
  • Resistances: Nothing of Note

STRENGTHS / SPECIAL FEATURES

• Crystal Amplifier: This enhances various types of crystals, temporarily synergizing with the compoannion crystal's effects to create an enhancement that grants greater power output and potency.

WEAKNESSES

• Critical Failure: Careful consideration is advised due to potential backfiring with certain combinations.

DESCRIPTION

The Amplification Crystal is a specialized Kyber crystal variant, distinguished by its clear or pale blue color, designed to enhance the abilities of other lightsaber crystals in specific applications. Unlike standard Kyber crystals, which serve as the core of a lightsaber's function, this crystal acts as an enhancer, selectively increasing the power output and effectiveness of the lightsaber in a controlled and deliberate manner. Its effective use demands a comprehensive understanding of both the Force and the intricate technicalities of lightsaber construction.

This crystal is tailored to amplify the specific attributes of the paired crystal, intensifying its strengths while also potentially magnifying its weaknesses. Such amplification is carefully calibrated to avoid overburdening the core crystal, which could lead to increased stress and a higher risk of damage if not properly managed. This necessitates a precise, specialized cut and preparation of the Amplification Crystal to ensure compatibility and balance with the companion crystal.

The crystal's ability to enhance a lightsaber's performance is not limitless and requires a nuanced approach. It is designed for those who wish to meticulously refine their lightsaber's capabilities, rather than seeking an uncomplicated boost in power. The Amplification Crystal demands meticulous handling, a specialized cut, and a thoughtful integration strategy to augment the lightsaber's functionality without undermining the core crystal's stability or the lightsaber's overall integrity.

Incorporating the Amplification Crystal into a lightsaber is a decision that should not be taken lightly. It is envisioned as a specialized component for unique situations, not a universal solution for all lightsabers. Reserved for specific, well-considered applications, it offers a sophisticated means to enhance a lightsaber's capabilities, emphasizing skillful and knowledgeable use above pure power enhancement. This crystal is a tool for those deeply committed to fully understanding and mastering the nuanced potential of their weapon.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Braze Braze

DESCRIPTION
Sparkly gem like crystals typically in clear / pale blue colors. Very often cut for specific refraction.
Given the massive capabilities of the crystal the description should explain a little more about it.

All and all this reads closer to the mantle fo the force in amplifying the abilities of another crystal which is a powerful videogame effect. Which is something to try and avoid as hidden mechanics and stats don't matter on chaos. That the extent is incredibly vague does not help as it allows the ability to be altered depending on the situation and can become a go to "I win" option to just try and beat someone else in pvp. In looking at the whole slew of crystals and rifle you have submitted, I can say this if I could I would deny it since this looks more to be a way to break further an already broken piece of technology more then others have. So the amplification is going to need to be narrowed down to be less vague. Since it is going to be enhancing potentially dozens of other crystals in the rifle it was made to be used in to turn their powerful effects to 11.

Braze Braze

Given the massive capabilities of the crystal the description should explain a little more about it.

All and all this reads closer to the mantle fo the force in amplifying the abilities of another crystal which is a powerful videogame effect. Which is something to try and avoid as hidden mechanics and stats don't matter on chaos. That the extent is incredibly vague does not help as it allows the ability to be altered depending on the situation and can become a go to "I win" option to just try and beat someone else in pvp. In looking at the whole slew of crystals and rifle you have submitted, I can say this if I could I would deny it since this looks more to be a way to break further an already broken piece of technology more then others have. So the amplification is going to need to be narrowed down to be less vague. Since it is going to be enhancing potentially dozens of other crystals in the rifle it was made to be used in to turn their powerful effects to 11.
My idea revolves around enhancing the rifle's range. I envision this component as a key factor in enabling the rifle to function as intended, in conjunction with railgun technology for extended distance.

I'm open to rephrasing this concept. My goal is to articulate it in a way that allows others to apply a similar principle to lightsabers, without being overly prescriptive about its implementation. In my mind, incorporating this technology into a lightsaber, especially one powered by an already potent or intensely hot crystal, might risk melting the casing or simular problems. I imagine it serving as a focusing or amplification lens for a laser. However, I believe I need to further refine how to express this idea. I welcome any suggestions on phrasing. I envision it as a specialized component designed for specific applications. It should not be universally applied but reserved for unique situations .

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
My sugested proposal for a better description.

Previous:
DESCRIPTION
Sparkly gem like crystals typically in clear / pale blue colors. Very often cut for specific refraction.

New:

DESCRIPTION

The Amplification Crystal is a specialized Kyber crystal variant, distinguished by its clear or pale blue color, designed to enhance the abilities of other lightsaber crystals in specific applications. Unlike standard Kyber crystals, which serve as the core of a lightsaber's function, this crystal acts as an enhancer, selectively increasing the power output and effectiveness of the lightsaber in a controlled and deliberate manner. Its effective use demands a comprehensive understanding of both the Force and the intricate technicalities of lightsaber construction.

This crystal is tailored to amplify the specific attributes of the paired crystal, intensifying its strengths while also potentially magnifying its weaknesses. Such amplification is carefully calibrated to avoid overburdening the core crystal, which could lead to increased stress and a higher risk of damage if not properly managed. This necessitates a precise, specialized cut and preparation of the Amplification Crystal to ensure compatibility and balance with the companion crystal.

The crystal's ability to enhance a lightsaber's performance is not limitless and requires a nuanced approach. It is designed for those who wish to meticulously refine their lightsaber's capabilities, rather than seeking an uncomplicated boost in power. The Amplification Crystal demands meticulous handling, a specialized cut, and a thoughtful integration strategy to augment the lightsaber's functionality without undermining the core crystal's stability or the lightsaber's overall integrity.

Incorporating the Amplification Crystal into a lightsaber is a decision that should not be taken lightly. It is envisioned as a specialized component for unique situations, not a universal solution for all lightsabers. Reserved for specific, well-considered applications, it offers a sophisticated means to enhance a lightsaber's capabilities, emphasizing skillful and knowledgeable use above pure power enhancement. This crystal is a tool for those deeply committed to fully understanding and mastering the nuanced potential of their weapon.

EDIt: I've Gone a head and added the following to teh Weaknesses list:

Specialized Calibration Required: The Amplification Crystal necessitates precise calibration and a specialized cut to function effectively. This calibration is critical to ensure that the enhanced power does not overwhelm or damage the core crystal. Incorrect calibration can lead to increased stress on the core crystal, heightening the risk of damage

Last edited:
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

I've gone a head and made the following changes respectively.

Phantom Ghostfire Kyber Crystal

- added description:

The Phantom Ghostfire Crystal is a semi-unique variant of Kyber Crystal, known for its ability to conjure lightsaber blades of clear / invisible illusion and often creating a more silent blade. Naturally occurring in the rarest of environments across the universe, these crystals are distinguished by their muted pale purple coloration, with instances of grey and near invisibility under certain lights. The Phantom Ghostfire grows in secluded patches, often on remote mountain peaks typically within the Outer Rim Territories.

Embedded within lightsabers, the Phantom Ghostfire Crystal endows the weapon with a set of unique abilities. It crafts blades that are dim and translucent, casting illusory afterimages that confound opponents and make the weapon's true position difficult to discern. Optimal for stealth, these lightsabers produce almost no light and sound, allowing wielders to operate undetected. The crystal's signature feature, the Phantom Strike, enables the lightsaber blade to momentarily phase out of existence, allowing it to pass through solid objects for surprise attacks or to avoid incoming blows.

However, the Phantom Ghostfire Crystal's capabilities come with inherent weaknesses. Its reliance on illusion makes it vulnerable to disruption, and its blades may lack the physical impact of traditional lightsabers, potentially phasing out during combat. The crystal's rarity and the specific conditions required for its growth contribute to its high value and scarcity, making it a prized possession for those capable of finding and harnessing its power. Mastery of the Phantom Strike technique requires not only attunement to the crystal but also rigorous training, to keep with the crystal's demand for both physical and spiritual dedication from its wielder.

Mindshatter Kyber Crystal

- added description:
The Mindshatter Crystal, a semi-unique Kyber Crystals, is nurtured in crevices of the universe, where the influence of the Force is strong. Force nexus elements give rise to its existence. This crystal works as a conduit between the physical and the psychic realms, manifesting in a kaleidoscope of pastel hues that shimmer and shift in direct response to the wielder's emotional currents.

Embedded within a lightsaber, the Mindshatter Crystal unveils it's realm of psychic dominion, capable of casting adversaries into a vortex of their deepest fears or unexpressed desires through induced visions and hallucinations. It possesses the uncanny ability to amplify and sway the emotional climates of those nearby, acting as a mirror to the soul's hidden depths. Depending on the wielder's intent, it can either seed turmoil or tranquility.

ColorEmotion/State
IndigoDeep contemplation or intuition, engagement with inner wisdom, psychic insights, introspection, connection to higher spiritual truths.
SilverAdaptability, resilience, state of seeking, openness to change, ability to navigate through uncertainty with grace and foresight.
GoldInspiration, empowerment, profound connection to the Force, clarity, alignment with highest ideals and aspirations.
BlackPresence of deep unresolved inner conflicts, absorption of negative energies, caution to confront and cleanse darker aspects of psyche.
WhiteBalance, peace, unity, spiritual purity and alignment, harmonious connection to all aspects of the Force, unburdened by bias or conflict.
BlueCalm and reflection, serenity, truthfulness.
RedAnger or aggression, passion, danger.
OrangeExcitement or curiosity, creativity, change.

Purple
Anxieties or fears, nobility, ambition.
PinkCompassion or love, kindness, nurturing.

Green
Balance and growth, harmony, healing.

Beyond its capabilities to disorient and pacify, the Mindshatter Crystal markedly strengthens the user's connection to the Force, especially enhancing abilities that navigate the intricacies of empathy, telepathy, and mental manipulation (mind abilities). This deepens their empathy and understanding but also their influence over others, offering new pathways for both conflict resolution and persuasion.

The crystal's profound powers come with inherent weaknesses. It is especially vulnerable to Void Stones, which can nullify its psychic influence, and Ysalamiri creatures, known for their ability to create Force-neutral zones, completely neutralize the crystal's abilities. Despite its psychic fortitude, it remains physically fragile, susceptible to damage and loss. Additionally, dark side energies can corrupt its essence, warping its gifts towards malevolent purposes. Given its scarcity and the treacherous locales of its origins—often enveloped in the mysteries of the Force and protected by daunting challenges—the Mindshatter Crystal is a rare jewel for those who can uncover, master, and wield its profound psychic powers with wisdom and restraint.

Frostheart Kyber Crystal

- added description:
The Frostheart Crystal is visually stunning, with a sparkly, gem-like appearance that radiates a pale blue light reminiscent of a tranquil winter's morning. Its beauty is matched only by its therapeutic capabilities, making it a revered tool for those who seek to heal and protect against the darkness. In the hands of a skilled Force user, the Frostheart Crystal becomes an instrument of healing, balance, and restoration, shining a light of hope across the galaxy. This crystal, often discovered in the hidden and icy corners of the universe, possesses a mesmerizing pale blue hue.

Unlike traditional lightsabers, which are designed for combat, a blade empowered by this crystal does not cut or burn. Instead, it emanates a soothing cold beam, capable of closing wounds, easing pain, and promoting tissue regeneration. This remarkable ability leverages the Force to mend the injured, providing comfort without the risk of frostbite, making it an great tool for healers and peacekeepers across the galaxy.

Furthermore, the Frostheart Crystal carries the profound ability to neutralize and slow the effects of dark side corruption. Similar to the purifying principles of Force Light, it offers hope to those afflicted by the dark side's taint, mitigating its harmful influence and aiding in the restoration of balance within the Force.

Despite its powerful healing capabilities, the Frostheart Crystal is inherently non-violent. It reframes the traditional use of a lightsaber, shifting its purpose from one of battle to one of benevolence. This crystal's rarity and the serene power it wields make it a sought-after jewel among those who aspire to use the Force for healing and protection.

Removed Weakness:

• Bleeding: Can be bled and or corrupted.
Added Strength:
  • Lightside Purity: Can not be corrupted.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Braze Braze

Thank you, that will help with this and the others and gives a better idea. The others will be a lot easier then this though because of the main crux

Enhanced Abilities: Amplifies and enhances the abilities of other lightsaber crystals, granting greater power and potency to lightsabers.
Adaptive: Adapts to the properties of other crystals, synergizing with their effects to produce unique and powerful results.

Since it can enhance and amplify any crystal it caan easily open itself for abuse. As I said before since this is part of a greater weapon and not going to be paired with a single crystal but several. It being there to give all of them enhanced and unique effects already on top of being used in a powerful piece of technology. Choose one of these or the other.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

If we can, could we possibly consolidate any and all feedback or changes you have in mind? This way, we can address everything comprehensively in one round of revision. This approach will save us both time and help us avoid any potential misunderstandings or delays.
It being there to give all of them enhanced and unique effects

The three listed bullet points essentially are just the same thing. I can understand the concern for how one of them is worded and can change it to better suit the over all idea.
Versatility / Adaptability are being used interchangeably here.
If I remove Enhancement what is it being versatile for?
If I remove the Adaptive what is it enhancing specifically?

In example: This is implying it would only work with one type of crystal. Which wouldn't work for the gun's concept.

This 'one thing' is just other 'kyber' crystals, which can have any number of effects. Different Kyber means it has a different effect associate with whatever effects the Kyber you are using it with are at that time.

The wording of unique just correlates to the idea that different crystals do different things. Not to be mistaken for the idea that it can do randomly whatever wierd effects not associated with the combination crystal in use,

Maybe that is where the confusion is coming from?

I will gladly change things to be more cohesive and concise for overal comprehension.

I suggest consolidating it so that it's one strength that reads more cohesively.

Crystal Amplifier: This enhances various types of crystals, temporarily synergizing with the compoannion crystal's effects to create an enhancement that grants greater power output and potency.
Critical Failure: Careful consideration is advised due to potential backfiring with certain combinations.

I've gone ahead and just removed my list of weaknesses and just chose to do a 1 and 1.
I've changed this from Open Market to Closed Market.

I aim to minimize and mitigate concerns regarding potential misuse or inappropriate application of this item. Should any issues arise from others not fully grasping its intended use, I've set to Closed Market to restrict its availability to a controlled market.

This item was conceived as an innovative solution to provide a clear roleplay explanation for the gun's remarkable range and efficacy. It incorporates a highly specialized and intricate component to my story writing. The gun can not work to it's greatest capabilities without this component installed within it. If you take it out it of the gun it wont shoot as far or as strong. That is the only purpose this piece should be serving for the gun.

I'm using this in the same vein as a focusing lens. It exists purely to regulate the beam for the way the gun should function.

It's just supposed to be a fun story dynamic where it can cause problems if its broken damaged misplaced / ect.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Braze Braze

The technology to give a rifle the ranges you want wasn't a kyberite crystal or a crystal in general. By boosting the power you can get more damage yes but range wise it would be more the tech side with the farkiller as the example and even that had limits to its range. Given it is for a unique submission the protection should be lowered.

As it stands this really only needs the small clarifications. Since it is part of something bigger all of the components are going to be balanced.

Braze Braze

The technology to give a rifle the ranges you want wasn't a kyberite crystal or a crystal in general. By boosting the power you can get more damage yes but range wise it would be more the tech side with the farkiller as the example and even that had limits to its range. Given it is for a unique submission the protection should be lowered.

As it stands this really only needs the small clarifications. Since it is part of something bigger all of the components are going to be balanced.
What are you refering to with protection? Please be clear.

Braze Braze

The technology to give a rifle the ranges you want wasn't a kyberite crystal or a crystal in general. By boosting the power you can get more damage yes but range wise it would be more the tech side with the farkiller as the example and even that had limits to its range.
Don't think you understand what I am explaining. I'm not sure how else to word it because to me it's written pretty simple.

The Amplification Crystal isn't what's projecting the bolts that distance. It's making them stronger and hotter so they can 'survive' the distance they are being shot to.
When you fire a blaster, bolt, say from a small hand gun style blaster and you shoot beyond the range that it is capable of, what do you think happens to the blaster bolt?
I can infer a few possibilities:

1. Dissipation: The most likely scenario is that the energy of a blaster bolt dissipates over distance. Blaster bolts are made of plasma contained in a magnetic field. As the bolt travels, it's possible that the magnetic field weakens, causing the plasma to disperse and lose its coherence and, consequently, its lethality.

2. Loss of Accuracy: Even if a blaster bolt maintains its integrity over a long distance, the accuracy would likely decrease. Factors such as the blaster's design, the shooter's aim, environmental conditions, and the inherent instability of plasma could affect the bolt's trajectory over long distances.

3. Reduced Damage:
If a blaster bolt does manage to maintain its form over a great distance and hits a target, it might inflict less damage than it would at closer range. This is due to the potential heat and energy loss over distance, meaning the bolt's impact would be less forceful.

4. Environmental Interaction:
Blaster bolts that miss their target and continue traveling could eventually interact with other objects or environments. Depending on what they hit, they might cause secondary damage (e.g., igniting flammable materials) or simply dissipate upon impact with a solid object.

The specific mechanics of how blaster technology works, including specifically the exact fate of long-range bolts, are not thoroughly explained in Star Wars canon, leaving room for this interpretation and speculation based on observed effects in the movies and other media.

The lens that is crafted from this crystal is like a magnifying glass that filters the Energy / Bolt through it to make it stronger / preparing it to go such great distances.
What do lenses do to lasers?

Lens design significantly impacts laser performance by influencing factors such as: beam quality, focusability, and efficiency/intensity.
Lenses can help with the following:

Beam Quality:
Lenses can improve the coherence and uniformity of a laser beam, making it more effective for its intended use.
Focusability: By adjusting the focal length of a lens, the laser beam can be focused to a very fine point, increasing its intensity at the target point. This is particularly useful for applications requiring high precision and power density.
Efficiency: Proper lens selection and design can minimize the loss of laser energy, ensuring that a greater proportion of the laser's power is delivered to the target.

Because the lens is being crafted from a type of Kyber Crystal to work in tandem with another to make the projectile effects stronger. The fact that it's cut in to a specialized lens assists the functionality of the lens of keeping the bolt from weaving, dissipating loosing accuracy ect.

In the source you linked for the farkiller it refrences an item known as an a 'magnification attenuator' along with Lightsaber components. The Lightsaber gun this lens is intended to work with already uses lightsaber components. But for the sake of understanding one anouther let's review the piece of technology you've presented and clarify and misunderstandings between us over what is presented in the linked article.

Attenuators are passive devices. It is convenient to discuss them along with decibels. Attenuators weaken or attenuate the high level output of a signal generator, for example, to provide a lower level signal for something like the antenna input of a sensitive radio receiver. An attenuator is an electronic device that reduces the power of a signal without appreciably distorting its waveform.

This implies it Lowers the power output.

Magnification: typically refers to the process of making something appear larger or more detailed, commonly associated with optical devices like microscopes or telescopes. In the context of a sniper rifle, magnification would be crucial for identifying and targeting objects at long distances.

In simple terms, a hypothetical "magnification attenuator" for a laser would be a device that can both zoom in (magnify) the laser beam to make it stronger and focused on a small point, and also dial it back (attenuate) to make the beam less intense or spread out over a wider area. It's like having a remote control for the laser that can adjust how sharp or gentle the laser's "light" is, depending on what you need it for.

I already have a Variable Power Setting Module- which I coudl link to the farkiller 's and suggest as a 'magnification attenuator'.

If you would like for me to link to the farkiller under thsi section on my
Marksman-lightsaber-rifle-phantom Submission I do not mind doing so.

Calling it a "Variable Power Setting Module" would be very apt. This name accurately describes a device that allows for the adjustment of a laser's power output, enabling it to either concentrate and intensify the beam for precision and strength or to diffuse and weaken the beam for safety or broader application. It encapsulates the functionality of both magnifying and attenuating the laser's power in a straightforward and understandable way.

Now let's take a look at what the Kyber can help achive that the variable power setting can not.

Kyber Crystal Lens

• Energy Amplification: Kyber Crystals are known for their ability to focus and amplify energy, particularly in the creation of lightsabers. A lens made from a Kyber Crystal could inherently strengthen the energy bolt by increasing its power and heat, making it more lethal over long distances.
  • Force Sensitivity: Kyber Crystals are attuned to the Force, which could potentially add a layer of precision or guidance to the weapon's bolts that purely technological solutions cannot replicate. This could allow the bolts to maintain coherence and direction more effectively, especially in the hands of a Force-sensitive user.
  • Adaptive Energy Output: The crystal could allow for a more dynamic interaction with the weapon's energy output, potentially adjusting the bolt's properties in real-time based on environmental factors or the user's intentions, something a mechanical attenuator might not achieve.

Magnification Attenuator

• Variable Power Settings: This module allows for the manual adjustment of the weapon's power output, enabling the user to select the appropriate level of intensity for different situations, from non-lethal to highly lethal.
  • Focus and Range Adjustment: It likely provides the ability to adjust the focus of the energy bolt, altering its range and spread. This could be crucial for ensuring that the bolt remains effective over varying distances, from close-quarters to long-range shots.
  • Energy Efficiency: By controlling the intensity of the bolt, the magnification attenuator could help manage the weapon's energy consumption, ensuring that it operates efficiently under different firing conditions.

Complementary Functions

While the Kyber Crystal lens focuses on amplifying (Making the bolt strong enough to reach extreame distances) and potentially guiding the energy bolt through its inherent properties, the magnification attenuator offers manual control over the weapon's power output and focus. The crystal brings a Force-sensitive aspect to the weapon, enhancing its power and possibly its connection to the user, while the attenuator provides practical, adjustable control over its operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom