Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Among the Dead (FO Dominion of the Dead Nebula and Vortusa)

Objective 2
Post One.

A dozen of the 482's Infantry Regiment were in front of him single file. To their sides was a standard First Order Blaster rifle and ammunition pack. Beyond the counter that held the weapon and cartridge, there was an assortment of targets ranging from droids holographic droids, to real droids, to merely targets. Some of the targets moved, others didn't. Difficulty in the training systems changed at random points so as to better adapt the soldiers to situations on the battlefield.

At one point there could be nothing but clear plains, and then the next there could be dozens of dropships deploying enemy soldiers to take them out.

Seeing as no one else had arrived before the High Colonel, he decided to go through with the pre-written plans. To test the training facilities. Crossing his arms over his chest, the young Officer offered a barely perceptible nod to the Lt. Colonel on his right, and he immediately began crying out the orders.

"Ready, men!"

As if they were droids, they moved simultaneously, reaching down to the rifle with one hand, and lifting the ammunition pack with the other and slotted it in.

"Turn!"

Turning towards their respective targets, they moved with a crispness that A'sharad hadn't seen before in his years amongst the troopers of the One Sith.

"Take aim!"

They did as told.

Was it his apprehension in the air that he felt? Or was it the ever present foreboding presence that A'sharad didn't care to control looming over them. To the men of the 482nd, it must've felt as if a superior was standing right behind them, all in their shizz, and breathing down their neck. Or was it the fact that their superior was present? Or that he carried a lightsabre? Did they think him a Knight of Ren? Or rather, did they know him to be Sith? Regardless of what they felt, they did as told, and they did so perfectly.

"Fire!"

skin, bone, and arrogance
Post 6
Operation Whinging Fury
Allies: [member="Sioux Chambers"] | [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

Natasi cut her eyes to the Captain. "Thank you, Captain Rausgeber, I shall tour the medical bay when I'm good and ready." She followed him into the turbolift and they waited in silence while the doors shut and the lift accelerated. Natasi put her hand to her abdomen and took a breath; she was not particularly at ease when traveling at great speeds without being properly pressurized and balanced -- like during spaceflight -- so this made her a little uncomfortable. During the ride up, Natasi looked over her shoulder at Sioux. "I ought to take them while I've got the chance. Would you -- thank you." Sioux had nodded and begun rustling through the bag. She was no [member="Kiber Dorn"], but she would have to do for now.

When they reached the mess hall, Natasi smiled tightly and nodded her greeting to the soldiers on hand. She strolled over to the coffee machine and poured herself a steaming cup, then returned to the Captain. "I'll just duck into the kitchen for a little privacy while I take my... vitamins," she said, taking the bottle from Sioux rather quickly, and after excusing herself, she walked over to the entrance to the kitchens. Meanwhile, Sioux engaged Rausgeber in conversation -- how long had he been with the fleet, did he enjoy his work aboard the Vindicator, and so forth.

The kitchen was empty at this hour, but would soon be picking up again. Natasi didn't have much time. She glanced around subtly before unscrewing the lid of her pill bottle and shook a few pills into her left hand. It spasmed and two of the pills slipped out of her hand onto the floor. Natasi cursed and crouched, then knelt, picking up one of the pills. The other -- the special pill, she left on the floor, and when she stood up, she placed the ball of her foot on it, pressing it to the ground until she felt the false ceramic break, releasing the biochemical weapon within. Natasi kicked the broken pill shards under the cooler, swallowed the other, and then made a show of sealing the bottle again. If the incident appeared on security cameras, it would look perfectly natural.

The Moff rejoined the others with a cheerful smile, discreetly returning the bottle to Sioux, who tucked it in the messenger bag. Natasi cupped her cup of caf in both hands and looked at Rausgeber. "Bridge, I think." By the time they got there, the two most junior cooks assigned to this kitchen's shift would be infected with a highly dangerous, highly infectious condition. And then... Natasi pressed her lips together firmly. Well, they would have to see.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Allies: First Order/Natasi Fortan
Enemies: Last nights Ryltoh curry.

"Been with the fleet since I was a young lad, twenty one. But if you're asking how long I've had this command, seven years now." Carlyle said, "We don't usually have any trouble, just rolling around the edges of our territory, trying to deter smugglers and pirates." He chuckled a little, then froze. "Your boss, she wanted to see our sensors in action, correct?" He asked, "I should probably go and tell them." He stood, and walked from his seat, returning several minutes later. "Apologies," he said, seeing that Natasi had returned. "Our scans of the system commence as we speak. Nonetheless, you wanted to see the bridge, yes?" he asked, gesturing the Moff and her secretary to their feet, and to follow him.

"We don't have many senior officers here." he said, walking towards the lift, "So basically it's me and a core group of lieutenants who do the lifting around her. I left Margs in charge of this ship, and Kollan in charge of the Pride." When he reached the lift, he offered it to his guest first before stepping in. "Nonetheless, we get the job done, and protecting the First Order, and our interests is a pretty hard one." The lift again opened with its customary hiss, and Carlyle led the way, around a corner, exposing the bridge at its dullest.

"Captain on deck!" Margs growled, saluting. Carlyle returned the gesture.

Visser Chernykh

No one makes the hero bleed.
Vortusa
2/22
Obj. IV

Mael Ren watched the landing craft until it was a speck. Then he knew he was truly alone. His breath misted before him in the damp cold air. The snow swirled in the grey sky.

His cloak did little to keep out the bone chilling cold. He knew his core temperature would drop rapidly. The disciple began to move towards the stunted trees in the distance. Shelter and fire were his immediate goals.

The snow began to accumulate on his cloak. It clung to the fabric easily. It did nothing now but would be deadly later. His pace remained measured.

Too quickly would burn him out. His strength had to be conserved. Training as a stormtrooper had served to reinforce lessons on a prison world. Do what you had to to survive.

A dead stormtrooper was useless to the First Order. He was a waste of resources. He owed the Empire enough to continue being useful. It was something he reminded himself of frequently.

Shelter would be somewhere closer than not. It would have to be or he'd be dead sooner rather than later. Despair threatened to overtake him for a time. He pushed it away ruthlessly.

Post 7
Operation Whinging Fury
Allies [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] | [member="Sioux Chambers"] | First Order

Natasi gave an appraising look to the bridge as she stepped out of the turbolift. It was the epitome of Imperial efficiency on its surface, but what lay beneath? They would find out. She was about to give Captain Rausgeber a rather unpleasant day, and she felt for the man, but better to prepare for it now than to experience it later and be left completely unprepared. She made the rounds, greeting the officers on the deck, shaking hands and smiling, asking probing questions and noting Sioux's recording of their answers.

"May I see the sensor data I requested?" Natasi asked as she moved over to the sensor station. She reviewed the data that was provided and compared it with the data on her datapad. "Excellent. No major anomalies -- and those that exist are consistent with distortion to be expected from proximity to the planet." Natasi looked up at Carlyle with a smile. "Captain, your sensor team is to be congratulated for a damned-near perfect calibration of the Vindicator's sensor suite. Really well done." She was about to go on when an ensign reported to the deck, muttering something to Kargs, then approached and muttered into his Captain's ear.

"Sir, there seems to be some sort of problem in the forward mess. Delays in getting the men fed due to some sort of staffing problem in the kitchens. The mess schedule is running about ten minutes behind."

Natasi continued to review the results, not wishing to eavesdrop on the proceedings. That was, after all, why she employed Sioux.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"Margs, you continue to lead things here. You've done an excellent job. I'll see what's happening down below." He turned to Sioux and to the Moff. "Apologies ladies." he said, "I think our cooks down stairs must have been star struck by your arrival here. They're running a bit behind schedule, I'll just see what I can do. Promise I'll be right back." Carlyle said with a reassuring smile. He walked the way he'd come, through the bridge, and all the way to the turbolift. He checked his watch, and made sure his commlink was online, just in case it was a false alarm.

When the door opened, he was met with the most putrid smell. "By the Sith, what is-" Then he saw it, the floor of the hallway to the mess was glistening with vomit, and bile. In the hall, a stormtrooper, sans helmet was doubled over, gagging. An officer next to him was extremely pale, and was crawling through the bile and vomit to the lift. "Stop right there trooper!" Carlyle warned. He covered his mouth with his hankerchief, before closing the door. He turned on the comm link. "Margs, Margs, this is Carlyle, I think we have a bio-security alert."

"I'm sorry for starring." Margs said with a coy smile, "My eyes naturally gravitate to the most gorgeous part of any room." he said, "I think you ey-" he was cut off by the beeping of his commlink. The lieutenant picked it up from his pocket and put it up to his mouth. He heard what Carlyle was saying, and frowned. This didn't sound right."A what sir?" Margs asked, turning away from the secretary he'd been flirting with.

"Bio-security. Something happened to the mess, they're all vomiting like mad. I need a lockdown on level 33B-8 and all stormtrooper barracks on this level, understood?"

"Yes sir." Margs said, "Anything else?"

"I want you to get internal security to identify anyone coming out of that mess hall in the last half hour." Carlyle said, "I want the stormtroopers on turbolaser duty, to assist in the quarantining." he added.

"Where are you?" Margs asked, "You taking things over here?"

"Of course not!" The captain replied, "I'm going to get the medics ready."

"Understood sir. What of the guests?" Margs asked.

"Just, just keep them there, understood?" Carlyle asked.

"Yessir." And with that, Carlyle descended further into the ship, hoping to get the assistance of the medical team aboard the ship.

Post 8
Allies: First Order | [member="Sioux Chambers"] | [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

Natasi locked eyes with Sioux, which had, at least, the benefit of causing Sioux's eyes to finally stop rolling. Sioux muttered something demure and wandered over to Natasi, who was discussing the newest technologies in thrusters and propulsion and the possibility of a retrofit of ships of the Vindicator's age. "Certainly it is under consideration," Natasi was telling the helmsman, spreading her hands. "It will of course depend on budgetary constraints and a cost-benefit analysis and comparison with scrapping the older ships and building new ones versus retrofitting the older ones. But of course the Supreme Commander will have something to say on the subj -- "

She broke off with a pained gasp. Of course she was perfectly well, but she wanted to review the response on her datapad, and she couldn't very well do that from here. Sioux went to her side, taking her by the elbow, soliciting after her health.

"The awful truth is I'm not feeling well at all," Natasi murmured, leaning against a console, her hands bracing herself up at the edge, her face contorting. And the Avalonia Award for Best Actress in a Biochemical Hoax goes to... Meryl Streep, damn it! Natasi pressed one hand to her stomach. She turned to Margs. "I think I need to see a medic." She began to cross the bridge, murmuring, "Can you please direct me to..." but halfway there, collapsed to the deckplates with a convincing groan. Sioux was immediately at her side, then looked up to Margs. "Do something!"

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Margs looked around. "Piss! Piss!" He growled, "Chain of command, chain of command, who do I hand it to?" he asked himself, as he knelt to the ground and picked her up. He looked at Sioux, and then around at the bridge, "Ensign Orgust?"

The helmsman broke out of his starring and looked at the lieutenant, "Yes sir?"

"I want you to hold things here. You're in command now, while I take the Moff to the medical clinic." He then picked the Moff up, and helped her to her feet. "Come on ma'am, quickly now." He said, moving to the turbolift. He turned to Sioux, and looked at her, "If you want in, come in. But if you don't you're staying here."

The turbolift ride was short, with Margs on his communicator, "We have a code three pathogen. We need to lock the ship down." Margs said, "The Moff collapsed on the bridge, I'm bringing her to the lab."

When they reached the medical clinic, stormtroopers were running down the hallway, carrying large barrels of cleaning chemicals, and followed by ship engineers. The lab was down the hall, and was crowded with stormtroopers out the front. Carlyle was barely visible in the sea of men. He was wearing a toxic waste disposal suit, along with the other scientists.

Margs led the Moff to the clinic. The stormtroopers moved away, and the two entered a door. It closed behind them, and the duo were sprayed with a foul smelling chemical, before they entered through another door. "What was that?!" Margs asked after they entered.

" Decontamination. We're initiating a lockdown." Carlyle said, his voice distorted from behind the mask.

"A lockdown, what does that mean?"

"I have internal security scanning through all cameras, and stormtroopers corralling those who'd been in the mess are now on that level. Engineering is about to flush the vent system with a solution." Carlyle said, "I've made this clinic our base of operations. We're running things from here."

Allies: [member="Sentiri"]
Enemies: Soon™
Objective: #3 It's Just A Moon, Kids.

Mr. Orentho adjusted his tie and kept his posture, to that of a lowly aide. Something he was sure his wife would be more than thrilled to have learned, but she would have to wait. Right now his time was devoted to the true heirs of the Empire, the First Order. Who were now making a grab for Vortusa, which just so happened to have a Chiss Quarter.

He had no qualms with the Ascendancy, in fact, he often missed working with them but he had no desire to conform to their ridiculousness and absurdities. Namely, while it was common for those in the Colonies to have careers such as his, that was not something for those who lived directly within the Ascendancy itself. Mr. Orentho shuddered to think what that could be like, the idea of having to be only with one partner and to squabble over power like Brentaalans. Or some other subset human race, each house striking at one another, holding face in public, well - that was all part of their game and culture, was it not?

His hands at his side as he adjusted his coat, feth he hated this thing. It was made from a different fabric, one meant for the peasantry. Right, so he was somewhat of a hypocrite and what good soul wasn't. At least he worked within the law, his goal was to learn whether or not his fellow Chiss would accept the First Order, oh and that big moon in the sky is only a research station, of course. If these Chiss did have connections with the Colonies or Ascendancy then he'd have to come to face his wife, on holo at least and ask for her help.

She was always much better suited to play the Ascendancies games. He'd have to see her face, again, and he'd much rather liked to keep his eyes in their sockets where they belonged and not burning on the floor. His superior officer wasn't too far away, and she would provide the distraction that would allow him to begin a data upload link to the First Order.

“Again.”

The crimson blade of a lightsaber whizzed down, harmlessly pointed towards the ground. Firm, commanding posture, back straight, no signs of fatigue; Darth Veles’ figure radically differed from that of his newest student. Heavy panting, muscles pushed beyond physical limits, [member="Decima Fortan"] did not have enough time to catch her breath under the uncompromising gaze of the Mon Calamari Sith. No rest would come until the amphibian teacher saw the elegant and fluid Makashi positively embedded in his apprentice’s every move, relentlessly drilled into her without mercy or care, making it an automated instinct rather than knowledge. The endless hours of training bore fruit though – no longer holding her weapon like a complete barbarian, her footwork clearly displaying signs of grace and certainty, the young Acolyte was a pleasure to observe.

Another jab at her chest, parried by the student’s own weapon in an effective, quick motion. One flick of his wrist and the entirety of the attack changed its course, now about to sign the woman’s right thigh. The split-second hesitation present in her response had earned her a burning tap where the Sith Lord’s blade connected. Veles smiled. Pain – it pushed her to do better, become stronger. Soon enough, she’d eliminate all the remaining flaws in her motions, he was sure of it. Sidestepping, Veles let her strike cut through the air, offering a swift retaliation in form of another light cut intended to deliver a superficial wound. Nothing bacta couldn't permanently fix, for the Sith Lord did not want to maim his student.

“Don’t put so much force behind your attacks! A gentle kiss from the lightsaber is deadly enough if placed in the right spot.”

All the pain and sweat as regular companions to each training session have been worth it. Firmly planted on the path of becoming a very competent duellist and a truly dangerous opponent, Decima herself could see her unstoppable progress as far as the arts of lightsaber combat went. How would she use the skill? Become the First Order’s champion, spearheading its vision upon the galaxy?

Miles Cormin

M
Objective: Press the Big Red Button Secondary: On Stand-by
Allies: [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Natasi Fortan"]
Enemies: N/A

When the Moff's shuttle slid into the hangar bay, Miles was rather surprised. His captain was still on the bridge, trying to obtain clearance to approach the station, so the troops currently in the bay were under Cormin's command. Quickly he turned to them.

"Attention!" he cried in his drill sergeant voice, "Present arms!" The collected stormtroopers executed the drill command flawlessly, bringing their weapons to the position in salute. As the Vindicator's troops flooded in, Miles' unit was already in perfect position. They stood silently as the Moff descended, and when she left, Miles returned his unit to stand-by position. They stood there, waiting for quite a bit of time. Finally, Miles got tired of waiting and opened a channel to his captain.

"Captain, what's taking so long?" he said.

"Wish I knew sergeant," the captain replied, "I think some sort of bio-threat. The whole freaking ship just got put on lockdown." Miles was silent for a moment.

"So, what now?" Miles said.

"Keep the men in the hangar," the captain replied, "We'll get to training once this lockdown is lifted."

"Copy sir," Miles said.

Post 2
Name: Samka Derith; undercover as Lissanna Phyron
Objective: 3. Native Issues
Allies: The First Order
Enemies: Boredom

The art of diplomacy was a fascinating one. It could be compared to the card games such a Sabacc where two or more players face off against one another, seeking to feign one another and never reveal their hand until it is too late for the opponent to respond. Alas watching over these 'negotiations' was like watching children play an expert and not in the good way where The First Order delegation easily crushes those from Cir, no such luck, but rather where the diplomats of Cir are completely oblivious to the rules of the game and declare themselves the winner within the first move. It was tiresome to watch the squabbling in front of her and even more so having to pretend to hang on to every word as she stood behind the seated ambassador Phyron.

They were seated (emphasis on they as Sam had to stand on the sidelines) at the top of a stone tower, the view from the window could show the entire ruin of a city and the desolate landscape beyond it. The Cir diplomats claimed it was so they could see what the stakes were as they debated. Sam looked over their opponents who looked as rough as the city they defended. Ill-fitting suits and unkempt appearances contrasted heavily with The First Order's smartness and further outlined how distant the two groups were.

"You know only death and destruction, no good can come of your presence here," the head of the Cir delegation spat across at Phyron. He was a short man with long, shaggy brown hair and a scruffy beard which hid most of his facial features.

"You'd be mistaken to think our nation so shallow," Phyron replied.

"Look outside," the man gestured to the window. "With all the pain my people have endured, we still have more culture than you." Without waiting for a reply he snapped his fingers at Samka which was unexpected as everyone in the room had ignored her until now. "You, girl, how do the ladies of The First Order entertain yourselves?"

"Well, sir. I, um, I like to sing and-and to dance," she glanced around the room to further appear nervous. She hadn't even lied really, it was always easier to cover yourself in half truths in these situations, that way you can give more intimate details if pressed. "My personal favourite is the story of a man who befriends then marries a spirit. If you'd like, I could, er, perform it for you?"

There was a short nod from the diplomat who kept his beady eyes trained on her. "Alright then. I supposed we could do with some relaxation then a break."

"Agreed, so long as my daughter is not uncomfortable?" Phyron was looking at her with concern. He probably didn't know she was actually a capable singer.

"It is quite alright, father," Sam shot him a smile then began to weave her tale.

Visser Chernykh

No one makes the hero bleed.
Post 3
Obj. IV
Vortusa

Some hours later found Mael Ren very cold and weary. It'd been a hard slog through the snows and slow-going. The disciple found himself up to his waist more than once. It shouldn't have been a surprise to see the sun setting.

Yet it was and he knew he needed shelter very soon. Exposure in this would mean certain death. Smoke in the distance made Mael Ren stop. He thought he was perhaps hallucinating at first.

Surely the cold had addled his mind. But it hadn't and it was real. He forced his leaden legs into motion again. Snow crunched beneath heavy boots in a sound that had grown monotonous.

He found his teeth chattering involuntarily as he went on. The man's cloak was absolutely coated in snow. Rough laughter came from the near distance now. There were five of them gathered round a fire.

They noticed him moments later as he trudged on. Their reactions were decidedly unfriendly. Rising up and thrusting hands into cloaks or coat pockets. His own hand fell to his own weapon.

"Are you lost, friend?," came the voice of the Twi'lek among them. Mael Ren kept moving closer in silence until he was close enough to make out faces. "I said 'are you lost'," said the Twi'lek again. No reply was given once again.

The Twi'lek scowled and bared pointed teeth. "What, are you deaf or stupid or something," his voice was decidedly less friendly now. Mael studied them all in turn. A Twi'lek, three humans and a Rodian.

All males and probably criminals, he thought. His suspicions were confirmed as they drew blasters. The Twi'lek's blaster seemed the newest and best though dirty. That probably made him their leader.

"Whoever you are, you picked a bad day to come out here," the leader said with a nasty smile. "Waste him!"

Mael Ren's saberstaff was in his hand and activated in an eye's blink. Their shock was evident as he deflected their hail of gunfire. He fell on them like a wolf to the feast. A pair of them managed to draw makeshift cudgels but he was in no mood for games.

Two minutes or less found five fresh corpses in the snow. Mael thumbed off his blades before collapsing onto his knees. Weariness crashed into him like a wave. He fell to his hands and felt his heart thunder.

He crawled before the fire before fell to his side. Laying near the flames felt like a luxury. It was protected with a sort of rude structure where very little wind or snow could touch it. The pit itself seemed old to his eyes.

The criminals had probably killed whoever had been here. Proof they deserved to die. The First Order had no truck with lawbreakers. The flames slowly brought life and hunger back to him.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]
Saki lin was quite frankly many things
A pilot
Engineer
A force user
And a soldier

But such didn't matter not now at least for the moment she was mearly a engineer and a weapon that in which could be interchanged and switched out to be either for the moment however she would see where she'd be needed whether it be helping build this massive station or go and practice what she needed to practice

This is lith ren to controll requesting permission to land over" she said flying a small craft that she had gotten official to be able to land on first order craft and such as well as gave it a paint job with the colors to proudly display it

She'd wait for her to have the go ahead then would land....for now she simply looked at the station watching blue sparks from the welders doing their work

1/22
Obj- 1&2
Allies-all first order
Space

Post 9
Operation Whinging Fury

Sioux quickly stepped onto the turbolift with Margs and Natasi. She slipped her arm around Natasi's frame, pulling the Moff's left arm over her shoulders while Margs took the right. They half-walked, half-carried the Moff down the corridor to the medical bay, where they deposited her on a stretcher, manned by a few medics. "Be careful," Sioux snapped anxiously as they lifted her, hustling her towards the quarantine zone where the ill were being treated. Sioux watched until the stretcher disappeared from site, then turned back to [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]. She was about to offer her assistance in any way she could when an Engsign approached and murmured to the Captain: "Sir, we have confirmation from the quarantine barracks. It's Delta Blue."

Sioux's blood went cold. She knew enough about fleet lingo to know what that meant. Delta Blu was the standard First Order designation for an epidemic-level event aboard a starship -- meaning that whatever contagion was at play was spreading at a rate that could conceivably infect -- and potentially kill -- every person aboard the vessel. In other words, it was a big-bad aboard a starship. Sioux blanched on overhearing this, turning her eyes to Rausgeber and trying to suppress the panic that she could feel starting to build.

Her mind went to Natasi, and Sioux was gripped with worry. Sioux needn't have bothered -- the moment Natasi's stretcher disappeared into the quarantine, the Moff sat up off the stretcher and began to tend to the recovering 'victims' of the weapon, all of whom received the vaccine, an explanation, an order to remain, and some additional R&R time while the rest of the ship continued with what those in the quarantine zone now knew to be a drill. It was cruel to put them through it, but sometimes sacrifices had to be made in the interest of the First Order's security and preparedness.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Objective: Delta Blue Containment

It dawned on Carlyle then what this meant. "Seal the bridge. I want the water tanks decontaminated as soon as possible!" He barked, "Margs, get one of these suits on, and get into the goddamn quarantine barracks with Doctor Irkin. I want all people in the quarantine zone tested as soon as possible." he then turned to the technician working at a terminal, "Get my signal across the ship. All troopers, apart from the decontamination teams, are to remain where they are till this mess is sorted out." He commanded, "We are facing a crisis at the moment gentlemen, and I don't want it getting any worse. Miss Sioux, you have a choice, you could accompany the lieutenant and the good doctor to the contaminated barracks, or remain with myself. Either way, I need you in a hazmat suit now."

The ship went silent, as the bridge went into lockdown. Troopers went about their missions, pouring anti-toxins into the water reservoirs, and the engineers in the engine room tested the coolant for any signs of tampering. The lone technician on watch for comms buzzed the incoming shuttle. "Shuttle, you are not cleared for landing. We are experiencing a code Delta Blue. Use either the Pride of Avalonia's comm channels or make contact with the station, not us."

In the command centre, when Carlyle was satisfied the danger had passed, he entered the quarantine zone set up near the command centre. This was where Natasi and the other later cases had been kept. It was made up of troopers who'd accidentally brushed by infected troopers or had stumbled into the ground zero deck, accidentally. Carlyle turned to Natasi. "Alright, this is it." He said, "We think we have everything under control. for now at the very least."

Miles Cormin

M
[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]
When the Delta Blue signal went out across the ship, Miles heard it through his helmet comm, which was on the same frequency. Imediately he calmly sprang into action.

"Delta Blue men!" he cried to his troopers, his voice carrying authority and strength, "Lock down seals!"

There was a collective hiss as the specialized seals on each trooper's helmet, designed to keep out poisons and even the hard vacuum of space, locked down. They were now impervious to anything but direct injection, and there was no way that was happening.

"This is madness!" Miles' captain said, "We are far behind schedule." The captain stormed off. Miles watched him go. Hopefully he wouldn't make the wrong people mad with that attitude. A few minutes after the captain left, he reached the best place apparently to locate a person of authority, with the bridge still in lockdown. That place was the quarantine area. With his helmet seals locked down tight and confident there were no gaps in his bodysuit he entered the area.

"Excuse me!" he said loud enough to be heard throughout the room, "Can I please speak to whoever is in charge!"

She perked up at the code she was given and ran through her head before her eyes widened and she immediately turned around and radioed back" Roger that control beginning reapproach run to station good luck with the code delta blue out

With that she turned and started heading for the station as she passed the ship that had quarantine protocol enabled as she looked at it with a whistle before she quickly made her way to the station radioing ahead to them"this is lith ren to station command requesting permission to land over " she said and slowed to a stop basically

2/22
Obj -1&2
Allies-all first order
Space

Post 10
Operation Whinging Fury

Natasi was leaning over a trooper who had just been given the inoculation when the doors to the quarantine zone opened. Her eyes glanced up and saw [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] and [member="Sioux Chambers"] enter, both in hazardous materials suits, neither looking the worse for the wear. She went back to work, plumping the pillow behind the soldier's head. "Don't worry. That strain in your left arm where we gave you the inoculation will go away shortly. Can I offer you a pain reliever?" She left two of the highly-effective pain relievers in a cup on the table next to him, then strolled over to Carlyle, just as the captain of [member="Miles Cormin"] entered. What did these people not understand about a quarantine zone? Now that they were here, they would clearly see that the men were recovering nearly immediately from their ordeal.

"Captain," Natasi said, glancing at Sioux briefly before returning her attention to Rausgeber. "Have you been infected? Delta Blue protocols require a strict lockdown and quarantine; only medical personnel and those infected should be here." She waved a clinician over and asked her to test them. Sioux's scan came up negative; she waited for Rausgeber's test results, then glanced over at Cormin's captain as he bellowed across the room.

"Excuse me," Natasi said coolly. "You will please remember that you are a member of the First Order Stormtrooper Corps, not some sort of tribal shouting across an open-air bazaar on Jakku. Now -- I am in charge, here, in conjunction with Captain Rausgeber here. If you need something, you will kindly address it to one of us. Sioux, please obtain this gentleman's name, rank, and serial." She turned back to Rausgeber. "Where were we? Ah -- yes. I have been instructed by the Supreme Leader to conduct readiness testing on this portion of the fleet, which included releasing a non-lethal version of an infections agent aboard the Vindicator and tracking the response. Your men have been given the inoculation against the disease; a generalized inoculation will be put into the drinking water to ensure no negative after-effects. The point of the exercise was to test this ship's readiness in dealing with a crisis-level infection. Until now, your ship has performed adequately, but since you have broken quarantine, I'm not sure where that leaves us, but what I do know is this: You must not, under any circumstances, give the men under your command any inkling that what they are dealing with is not the genuine article. No one must know that this is a test, that the agent is non-lethal, and that an inoculation is available until after they scan positive for the agent. The Supreme Leader was very clear on this front."

She raised her chin and examined Rausgeber. "So. What will you do now?"

Miles Cormin

M
[member="Natasi Fortan"]
OOC Note: Captain is an NPC. Miles is still in the hangar.

"My apologies ma'am," the captain said, standing at attention and saluting, "Things are just a little hectic right now. Trooper SK-1918, Captain Fil Geris, commander of Alpha Company, 3rd Assault Infantry Regiment." The trooper dropped his salute, but remained at attention.

"I understand you must be very busy at the moment," the captain said, "But my men and I are on a very tight schedule. The reroute to this starship was not planned, and we need to report to training onboard the space station before we get even more behind. If I could just get verbal clearance to take my men and depart, according to regulations, that would be appreciated. I can assure you that not a single one of my men has left the hangar bay since our arrival."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom