Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Among Friends (Jairdain)

Iridonia was a vast desolate land filled with dangerous creatures. It's what helped put the Iridonians into their warlike state. In a world of constant threats they must be able to defend themselves. In more recent years however the dangers of the wildlife were being much more easily overcome. New technology and a prosperous economy made like easier for many who inhabited the wastelands outside the city.

It was in the capital of Middra that the King resided. The castle he sat within was vast and glorious, made to show the power and strength of the planet for all who came. But it wasn't where the king lived. Instead, he chose to live within the city itself, near the outskirts on a small farm. He enjoyed the simpleness of it compared to his throne.

He had spent much time there at his farm in the past week after returning from Alderaan, though not to tend it. He was building a new home nearby with only his own skill. The Force helped to greatly reduce the amount of time it took, and soon enough he was standing before the finished product. Another simple house built like one he had seen on Voss instead of the usual Iridonian aesthetic.

Finally taking a rest he wandered inside, plopping down on a familiar couch and closing his eyes. His thoughts went out, tugging at the bond he shared.

"[member="Jairdain"] , I have a surprise for you on Iridonia. Please come when you can."

After their night together on Voss and trip to Alderaan, Jairdain knew it was very true when she said Krest had changed. Time changed people and she had a very large touch on this change within him. He again contacted her in the same way as before and she couldn't help but smile. That connection forged between them was a gift and she didn't want it to go away.

He had said before he was residing on Iridonia when they encountered each other on Voss. She had no doubt of this and he then invited her to visit him. When he said he had something for her, Jairdain wondered what it might be. That curiosity brought her as soon as she could.

One of the enhancements of the bond was their mutual ability to locate the other. And this is what she used to find where he was. The desolate desert world had been a home for her off and on since they had met. Her final leaving had been a few years ago when she left with the Prince of Commenor and she had never returned.

Finding the familiar atmosphere almost a comfort, she breathed deeply as she travelled to the beacon that was Krest.

It didn't take her very long to arrive and she did not hesitate in her steps as she walked up to the door of where she felt him. The door opened in front of her and she walked into a welcome abode.

"What have you done here?"

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"When i offered you to come to back I had forgotten you moved out and didnt have a place to stay, so I made you one." Krest smiled wide as [member="Jairdain"] entered. He was lounging on the couch and only recently woke up from a nap. The Zabrak stood and stretched, yawning.

"I hope it's to your liking."

"I never expected to come back..."

As much of a hell that this world could be, Jairdain liked it. So much of her past was tied here and the man standing now in front of her.

"It is nice I'm sure. But you know my world."

She could look through his eyes and in a way she wanted to do it again. Unless he invited her to though, there wasn't a true need for it. It was also as simple as a touch from Krest and it would be granted that way too.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Ay I know. That's why I made it something you already know. Here." Krest stepped over and offered his hand, still smiling. She could look if she wanted, but he had made it so [member="Jairdain"] wouldn't have to given her condition.

"I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your old homes aesthetic." He'd give a light squeeze to her hand before leading the blind Jedi on tour. "There are a couple modern changes and a whole separate room, but most is the same."

Something she already knew? Then she looked around through the Force and smiled. An almost replica of her home on Voss/

"Did you like it there?"

That was home she was goi​ng to miss, but now not so much. Not with the intention of seeing through his eyes, Jairdain did accept the hand he extended this time.

"What modern changes?"

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"I did, for multiple reasons." There was another squeeze of her hand before he took her to the kitchen. There was all the high end tech this side of the galaxy, most of which was voice activated. "I did want to make sure that I could help even when I'm not around. Not that you need it, I just wanted to be somewhat useful." Krest idly scratched at his chin as he spoke, glancing around the room in case [member="Jairdain"] wanted to see for herself.

"What do you think?"

The second squeeze on her hand gave her far more answers than maybe she had thought of. What technologies were in the kitchen really weren't of too much of an interest to her, but she knew they would be of a great help.

"W..."

Not even finishing the f​inishing the first word of her question, she changed her focus of the home back to Krest.

"I like it."

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Krest titled his head a bit as [member="Jairdain"] started to speak, but he didn't press what ever it was she was trying to say. Instead he smiled wide, glacing from her to the room again. "I'm glad you do. I tried to get a lot of the appliances to do the same." He paused, scratching at his chin again as he thought on what to say next.

"Right, so.. to the next room!" Was all he could muster at this point, and he briskly walked back into the first room. "We were just here, but this would be the main living area. I tried to arrange it as similar to your old home as possible to help keep you from bumping into things, but I wasn't around when it was still lived in."

It was certainly different than what she expected. A woman used to being on her own and doing things for herself, to have appliances that she could speak to was astounding in her mind.

He lead her back into the living room and he pointed out that he hadn't visted the Voss home when it had been lived in and she nodded.

"I actually took some of my furniture from there so it was almost an empty shell when you found me. What else did you add to this one?"

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Really? Well, that explains why this room'll feel a little light. I myseld aint use to comforts so I just went with what was there." Namely the couch. A faint smile took to his lips as he peered at the simple and oddly out of place looking couch compared to the rest of the furniture. Everything was sleek, compact, and meant to get out of the way for easy redecorating.

Well. The two chairs snd coffee table that were there. Other then that the room was empty. Krest let out s ner ous laugh as he continued to rub the back of his head
"We can go shopping later if you want."

"When I returned to Voss, I knew it was going to be a rather empty home. You were a surprise."

He mentioned going shop​ping later and she shook her head with a bit of a smile.

"What good would taking me shopping do? It's not like I can pick things out that match very well."

She hoped her tone and wording helped relax him a little. Krest was nervous but she didn't know about what.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"True, true." Krest snickered a bit, glancing back down to [member="Jairdain"] . "I just figured it might be a good idea incase I missed anything you may need or want." He was nervous, though even he wasn't quite sure about what.

Rather than continue on the tour he tilted his head, peering curiously down at the woman with him. "You were gonna ask something before. What's up?"

He had caught her unfinished question and stopped with the base tour. If it was pretty much a replica, then there was an upstairs with the living quarters and that would be all. A simple home for a woman or couple. No room for a family.

"I was going to ask why you did this. But I don't know if I'm ready for the answer."

Even through the Force ​she looked away from Krest. Jairdain had a suspicion and now if he answered, it would be confirmed or denied.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Hmm.." Krest pondered the question in silence for a short oeriod of time, idly scratching his chin in the process. After a little bit he simply shrugged, smiling wide. "If you're not ready for an answer then I won't give you one till you are, yeah?" The last thing he wanted to do was make [member="Jairdain"] uncomfortable after all.

He gave another reassuring squeeze of his hand around hers, giving a quick wink that she couldn't actually see. "Lets head upstairs. I'll show you the couple rooms up there hmm?"

It might have been better if he had answered. She had lived in fear of Krest for a few years, now that was no longer the case. The squeeze was felt and returned. Nodding when he mentioned going upstairs, she would allow him to lead the way again.

She idly wondered​ if this house had the same number of stairs as the one on Voss or if she would need to memorize a new number.

"Lead on."

[member="Darth Ferus"]​

The home did have the same number of steps. Krest had been meticulous with the details of the home about anything that might help [member="Jairdain"] get use to the house. Upstairs was similar to the downstairs. Simple, light on furniture. The bare nessecoties for it to be considered a home.

"Truthfully there's not a whole lot to show off. This isn't a weapon, so I didn't really know what I was doing." The Zabrack paused, his grip on her hand tightening ever so slightly.

"I don't know what I'm feeling these days, or why I really made this place. The only thing I do know is I want you to stay, even if its just for another day like it was on Voss."

She counted the stairs just to make sure and smiled lightly when they came to be the same number. On Voss, the home had been simple too and that was how Jairdain liked it. The same had been done on Commenor at the Palace. And her original home here. However, the one on Voss held a special place in her heart and it seemed Krest knew this.

"It is too a weapon, you just don't know it."

That subtle grip and what he said next caused two reactions with her. Her stomach fluttered like it butterflies in it and that was something that hadn't happened to her...well sinse before they met and her eyes closed. Taking in a few breaths to try and calm down those butterflies, she attempted to deny what she was feeling. She couldn't though.

"I can stay at least that long."

[member="Darth Ferus"]​

Krest smiled wide and turned to [member="Jairdain"] . "I'm glad." He whispered as he pulled her close. What ever this feeling might be it at least wasn't a fleeting thought. It was real, and he didn't want to let it fade just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom