Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alchemized Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberPrison-donato.jpg
lorcan-daly-exo-womb.jpg
torben-weit-hexploreit-amber-scorpions-v01.jpg
lily-abdullina-amber-web.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Ishani Sibwarra
  • Affiliation: Ishani Sibwarra | Alkemia Perfumes | Any reasonably competent alchemist with proper instruction
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Yes; different effects can be imbued into the resin, depending on what it is being used for.
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Force-imbued resin/amber
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Alchemized amber is a resin that is especially susceptible to manipulation by the Force.
  • It has a variety of uses, limited only by the ambitions (and the skill level) of the Force User, such as:
    • Amber Prisons - Essentially a fancy form of carbonite, the amber can be used to entrap a living being indefinitely, like an insect preserved in amber. NB! You must have a writer's consent to trap their characters, and they get to decide how long they are imprisoned for.
    • Amber Pods - Cocoons of amber may be used to transform or create living beings, similar to an exowomb.
    • Amber Constructs - Droid or golem-like constructs may be created using alchemized amber.
    • Imbuement - The amber is easier to imbue with the Force, and therefore could be useful in the making of jewelry, armor, weaponry, and other items.
STRENGTHS
  • Versatile: Alchemized amber can be used for many different things, though other materials may be better suited to the job than amber.
  • Well Protected: The amber is resistant to all forms of attack and is not easily broken or damaged, though it is not indestructible.
  • Pray I Don’t Alter It Any Further: The alchemist can create different effects by mixing different materials into the resin prior to application, such as mixing Sith poison into resin that will later be used to entrap a Jedi. Get creative with it.
WEAKNESSES
  • Non-Alchemists Need Not Apply: To learn how to use alchemized amber, you must have sufficient skill in alchemy.
  • Nullify: Placing alchemized amber near a Force nullifying object (such as ysalamiri or a Void Stone) will render its effects null, which can have potentially disastrous consequences.
DESCRIPTION
Amber is a type of resin made from the hardened sap of trees. Insects and other small creatures have been found trapped inside pieces of amber, where they are beautifully preserved for all eternity in a kind of fossilized state. Amber has long been used as a material in jewelry and as decoration; it is fairly commonly found on Ishani's homeworld of Chaldea.

Ishani decided to take it a step further by inventing alchemized amber, a form of tree sap

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Hello Salamander Salamander , I will be judging the submission for you.

THE GOOD:
This is a fun idea and creative take on an Oubliette

THE BAD:
Restricted materials may only be used in submissions where the quantity is Semi-Unique or below.

The production level will need to drop to semi-unique or below.

As this is a force object it should have a weakness to force nullification/weakening effects. How would a ysalamiri being near it affect the person trapped inside?

It having a singular weakness to one type of attack and resistance to all damage otherwise is also highly off balance as even one of the strongest materials in the galaxy wintrium which got stronger with age could eventually be cut by a lightsaber. This can be strong in its resistance to damage as imbuing the force can strengthen it but it can't be completely immune. Cold iron is a very fae like weakness though but in terms of starwars there are dozens of if not hundreds of metals similar and stronger.

There is also defenses, specifically what methods are player characters able to defend from being entrapped? As well as escape. As you need them to consent to being trapped and they are only trapped as long as they wish to be.

These are the initial edits needed. Please let me know if you have any questions or when they are completed.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms Alright, I changed production to Semi-Unique, although I have been advised to show you this screenshot of the site rules:
unknown.png

... and to say that technically it could be Limited production, since this is an alchemy thing. But eh, y'know, it's complicated business.

Otherwise I've made some edits and it should be good to go now.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Salamander Salamander
This is true it could be but you state that is it for you out while limited can be for a minor faction or group. Thank you though it is looking better.

These pieces of amber are imbued with the Force (alchemically enhanced, if you will) in order to magically "shrink" the prisoner down to its size and hold them in stasis.

This needs two things.. as it is a major part should be under strengths and more detail please. There is very limited methods to shrink in star wars lore outside of force gods. Does not have to be a massive things but finer details about howw you are using the force to shrink people and not killing them. Soul snares worked best cause the person was dead and didn't need a physical body.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Apologies for the delay Salamander Salamander there was some discussion.

The creation of pocket dimensions/realities is hard and rare. As a force ability the closet beings who could do it were some of the force gods around the galaxy. The prisons creating one would need to maintain energy within them to keep the window opened which could and should be draining. Not a one time.

While a non-FU can be trapped inside an amber prison, the individual doing the trapping must be a Force User of sufficient skill. In addition, if they are trying to entrap a fellow Force User, the would-be prisoner would have a chance at defending themselves and preventing imprisonment by deflecting or dodging the attack. Non-FUs will have no such defense.

The language for non force users being unable to dodge or deflect should be more open ended as it is still calling hits for a portion of the board.

Now for the real crux, it was pointed out that the shrinking with the force is a big thing very few asaide from groups like the Bedlam Spirits could do. If you were doing it from a technological standpoint ie. Molecular Disruptor which is the best method for shrinking in the factory. It would be much easier to judge as force based has been getting a strong negative reaction.

To this there are two options

Remove the shrinking and pocket dimensions mentions. You could still make full sized amber prisons that are on display like trophies in a show room.

or

Adjust it to tech based shrinking instead of force based Could be done with a display case that they are put in and strong power source to keep the objects shrunk.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms I've chosen to remove the shrinking idea entirely and just have it be life-size Force-imbued amber that places people in stasis. As for the art used, let's just assume the woman trapped inside was already tiny when she was imprisoned.

EDIT: On the other hand, I'm going to have to make some further changes now, so don't approve me just yet!

Last edited:
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms I've edited this to add a few more features, and I've also changed the Production back to Limited since the more special features have been scaled back in favour of something which isn't all that much more potent than run-of-the-mill carbonite. If you still think it should be Semi-Unique, I'll change it back. Otherwise, I'd prefer to make this more widely available to other characters.

Last edited:
Salamander Salamander

Is there any way for one to defend themselves against being entrapped in the Amber Prison in the first place? If so, what can be done to prevent this? As it reads currently, you have a way to escape via third party involvement, however, it more or less reads that there is little to no defense against the effects taking place in the first place.

Also, with the Amber prison being resistant to "all forms of attack" yet "not indestructible," how might one be able to destroy one? Is it just heat like mentioned in the Weaknesses or are there other ways to damage or destroy this as well?

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi The easiest answer to defending oneself from being trapped is to not get captured in the first place. In order to imprison someone in amber, they have to be stationary (sedated or restrained) for an hour at least in order for the sap to harden. In an RP scenario, the PC would have to agree to be captured and then imprisoned in amber. This isn’t something a person could simply whip out in the middle of combat; even after the process had started, if the prisoner managed to wake up and/or free themselves from the restraints, they could simply remove the sap. It only becomes indestructible once it has become amber.

As for freeing them, an extreme amount of force could shatter it (albeit at the risk of harming the prisoner within) or you could use the Force to simply undo the process, causing the amber to revert back into sap.

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi It’s already in the sub.

NB! You must have a writer's consent to trap their characters, and they get to decide how long they are imprisoned for.”

Shatterpoint: The amber prison is breakable and can be destroyed, but it requires a great deal of force well beyond the capabilities of any species' brute strength. Striking it that hard will risk harming the prisoner sealed within.“

“Lend a Hand: The amber prison can be destroyed via the Force. A ritual will cause the amber to revert back into sap and the prisoner inside will be freed.”

“...alchemized tree sap is applied to the body of the (presumably sedated or otherwise restrained) prisoner, which then slowly hardens over a period of time (though the process does not take millions of years—more like an hour or so).”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom