Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always Rhun For One More

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
She nodded. So he did possess the abilities as well. But it seems as though he had chosen the path of the blade. But the others, they had seemed to have gone blind. Perhaps it was part of some strange ritual or custom. Or perhaps it was a consequence of their actions? It was strange at any rate. There was only one other that she knew to be blind, but he was born that way.

"It is good to know both. Yet...one doesn't have to partake in evil to understand it. But to focus on you, M'Lord, how are you feeling? Your people will want to see you."

[member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"]

"I am doing better, far better. And I do not claim that one must be of evil to understand it,merely that understanding is the first step down a tempting path that few can resist. The people will wish to see me, aye. I have delayed long enough. It is time to see them"

He felt a small sliver of unease forming inside of him, though he couldn't quite place the reason why

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

She nodded and let [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] walk to the entrance of the tent on his own, though she stayed close behind in case he needed help. It was better if his people saw him strong, instead of being supported. At least, that was her opinion.

All the while she thought on what he had said. Yet outside of her sometimes wreckless behaviour or impulsive choices, she didn't feel tempted to use the Darkside at all. She had explained as much to Mantic. If he was worried about her, then he wouldn't of let her out of the Enclave, or at the very least, let her travel alone. But she was free to do what she wished.

As his Lordship would open the flap of his tent and make his appearance, onlookers started to cheer. Soon that cheer grew like a wave coming to shore.

The young lord smiled as he saw the worry of his people, It touched him, that these men and women, some known, many more strangers, cared so deeply for him. It suprised him time and time again how attached the people grew to their Lords.

He raised his hand for silence, to that he might address his people, but right as the first few words left his mouth, a great shadow began to stretch across the world. The sight of great warships began to block out the light, covering the fields. Silence filled the camp, and the many cities of the world, that was, untill the screams began, as the warships began to rain fire and death down upon the world

Alexandrus' mood changed, from appreciaition to cold precision. His orders were clear and cut above the screams of the people "Form some lines, get these people to the bunkers! Someone get a line to the Shadow Hall, I want information, who hit us?! " As he barked away at the scant ammount of troops about eventually he would turn to the Lady "We must get you somewhere safe, or better, off world"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay just watched in stunned silence at the warships hovering overhead. This wasn't the Free Colonies. They wouldn't do this. Moments later they opened fire and that drew her out of her thoughts.

As [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] turned to her, she looked to him and nodded. "The bunkers. It's not safe to try to get off world yet as I'll just get shot down. I do know how to fire a blaster, so I can help protect those that are with me." She wanted to stay and help him too. But he knew the defences and his people better than she did.

"Out of the Question. You're a neutral party, we might be able to keep you safe, if nothing else. Keep your head down, and try and stay out of sight" Already drop ships were streaming in from the looming warships

After issuing a few more orders he formed up the assembled people, it was time to move them to the Bunkers. The Shadow Hall would be under siege....And so would his family. A spike of Anger drove through Alexandrus, and uncertainty as to what he should do. He had a duty to his people, but also one to his family

"A Change of Plans. A small group of soldiers will lead you to the bunkers my lady, as well as the remaining Civilians. I must take what forces I can, and save my family"

He lifted his hand and waved it forward, forming up the perhaps two dozen soldiers left. He saw one dropship landing very nearby. "By Order of the Militarum, We stand by you" One of the men nearby to the young lord intoned. "Scion Squad reports My Lord,Our Will shall not be denied. "

A grim resolve took over the many people, soldier and citizen alike. Their home was threatened, faces, weary and afraid glanced around at eachother, and found a new hope. Slowly the people turned around, a shared prayer on their lips for their lord, and their world's safety.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay frowned a little as she wasn't allowed to help. She fully understood the reasons why, but that didn't mean that she liked it. Still, she was the guest and it was her duty to follow the requests of her host. Her eyes looked to the dropships and she wondered if others were going to blame her for this. She was afterall, an outsider.

As the soldiers arrived and spouted their phrases of loyalty, Kay was glad that they were there for his Lordship. "I'll take six of them. The rest should go with you. Don't worry about us, M'Lord, go and keep your family safe."

She gave him a final bow of the head before going into a jog and following the other citizens towards one of the bunkers. As they moved, explosions and firefight caused them all to duck. The Rhun soldiers broke off at times, killing the invaders while they all ran. Everyone knew where the bunkers were but Kay, so she followed them blindly.

This was not the kind of visit that she was expecting...

"What in the seven hells of Chaos are you waiting for? Personal orders from God himself? When I say we're pushing the enemy back, I mean push the enemy back, not damn well stand around and stare at them! I don’t care if there’s fifty men up there. I don’t care if there are fifty thousand up there! We have to defend this world and I’m going to damn well take that hill back even if it means I have to kill every last one of them myself. Damn it, follow me, I’ll show you how it’s done. That’s it, get stuck in there. Medic! Stop whining, Brook, you’ve got another damned leg. That’s it, Sergeant Reed, give ‘em some steel. Get some suppresive fire going ; flush the damned helmet-heads out. That trench, not this one! Give me that damn grenade. See? That ain’t proper armour like you’d see on a Rhun tank – no it’s flimsy, fall-down-in-a-strong-breeze, I-hope-they-don’t-spit-at-me armour. I didn’t really mean spit at it! You there! Yes you! Pick up Sergeant Creek’s hand. The medics might be able to stick it on him again later. Don’t stop now, you damned work-shy sons of acid-grubs, we’re only damn well halfway up..."

The young lord was possed by some kind of fury, desperate to protect his people. There was more invaders than Rhun-men near him, but through some miracle, or Alexandrus' sheer sturrborness he and his men came through somehow, with only a few casualties after the intial skirmish. The hill retaken, the road to home lay mostly open

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay didn't have time to grab a weapon, so when a line of enemy soldiers blocked their path, she had no choice but to release her signature in the Force and call upon it to aid her. She used it to grip one of the soldiers and throw him back into the others, giving her and the other citizens the spare seconds needed to get out of there. She picked up a blaster rifle from one of the fallen soldiers and began shooting, keeping her shots low as she didn't like killing. Maybe those that were wounded could be used as hostages.

Still she kept moving with the others, letting them direct her to where they were to go. Kay took a stand and fired the blaster rifle when needed, but it wasn't long before they had reached the bunker. The Rhun soldiers covered them while they all ran inside and then went in themselves, locking the door to seal them in.

It was dark, but soon lights were put on. The battle outside echoed through the bunker, muffled, but still quite noticeable. Kay caught the occasional glances her way and she just gave them all a reassuring smile. Though she knew that there were a few reasons for their looks. She set down the blaster rifle and found herself a place to sit down. The wounded were being tended to by the others. Right now all that she could do was wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom