Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always Rhun For One More

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was awoken at dawn by one of the servants in [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] 's Shadow Hall on the Outer Rim world of Rhun. She had yet to see this world in the daytime, and was quite curious at what the day had in store for her. Tea, biscuits, eggs and meat were brought in for breakfast on a tray. She bowed her head in thanks and started on the tea. It was highly unusual for her to get to eat in bed, unless she was ill. But then again that didn't happen very often.

As she was eating, another couple of servants arrived with some clothes tailored for her, all of which looked like her spare set of clothes, trousers, tunics, braces and belts. It wasn't quite what she was expecting to see. The servant that brought her breakfast patiently waited for her to finish. Kay felt strange at being the only one eating, let alone being watched while she did it. She finished as much as she could and washed it down with the rest of her tea. "Thank you. It was lovely."

The tray was gathered and that servant left, while the other two remained at the wardrobe. Kay slipped out of the bed and walked over to select an outfit. She chose a plain one or at least the less fancy of the bunch. Fortunately there was a changing screen for her to hide behind to get dressed as she wasn't used to doing so in front of others. When she was ready, she came out from behind the screen. One servant took away her dirty clothes and linens while the other stayed to help her bind her braces together.

It was then that there was a knock at the door....

Valentinian awaited on the other side of it. He was dressed in attire somewhat similar to last night, though with obvious armor. Gauntlets, bracers, leg and shoulder guards, a coat of black iron chainmail under the tunic, and a sword at his hip.

"I've come to call on her Ladyship, is she ready?"

He asked through the door, patiently awaiting a reply with his hands folded behind his back. He glanced about the hall as he awaited her to step out of the room. As per usual the hallway was neatly kept, and the banners hung proudly from the walls, all was in order. As the Lady stepped forth he would offer an inclination of his head in greeting

"I trust you slept well?"

As he spoke he began to lead her down the corridors, past the tailor and the servants quarters. Down the citadel, to the courtyard and across it to what appeared to be an armory building

"You'll pardon my asking I hope, do you know much of weaponry? If not, i'll take the liberty of selecting a piece for you to carry today while I show you some of a noble's routine"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay exited the room and bowed her head to him, raising a brow slightly as he looked ready for battle. But then again, they were all like that last night too and she wondered when the last battle was fought.

"Yes, thank you. Did you as well?"

As they walked, she kept pace along side him and and nodded to his question. "I keep a small blaster in my satchel. I always have it set to stun though. And my late husband taught me a little sword play, mostly defence, which is what I prefer." She kept out the fact that the swords used were lightsabers. It didn't matter anyways as the one she had was destroyed by a bounty hunter.

[member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"]

"I did, thank you"

He smiled as he lead her into the armory, catching a hurried salute but a sentry that had been trying to catch a post breakfast nap at his post

Valentinian shook his head as he opened the door and strode inside with her. The racks were all full of various weaponry. Primarily blades, Longswords, Claymores and their cousins. A collection of pikes, shields and some armors was avaidable

"Take what you like, I don't expect trouble today"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Well it was certainly well stocked. Kay took a peek around. Some swords were obviously far too big. She wanted something that would rest at her hip, but not too long as it might hinder her walking. After a bit of hunting she found a skinny sword not unlike a rapier, with a good guard on it's hilt to protect her hand. "This one seems nice. It's light in weight as well. Perfect for one that isn't used to carrying one."

"Getting used to the weight is part of why we carry them" He explained in a slightly teasing tone as he walked out of the armory, and further into the second level of courtyards. By this point the sound of training men, clattering arms and such was audible, aswell as the subtle beat of a drum

"We'll be going to the Academy of Vinsalt, and Melee Magthere today, so you might get a glimpse at the life of a Noble Swordsman"

One in the courtyard he lead her across the way to the battalion going through it's morning paces. Each man and woman in the group of 8, WIth Kay and Valentinian 10, was armored and armed, and were in various stages of parade rest as they awaited the two

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Well not everyone goes through their days expecting a fight." Though there were times where she probably should. But Kay never wanted to appear threatening. That just didn't do well for her line of work. Let her bodyguards be the dangerous looking fellows.

She heard the sounds of practice and followed [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] through the courtyard, bowing her head to the eight individuals there. It would be interesting to see their style. Would it be similar to others that she had seen? Or would it differ entirely? One thing was for sure. Kay was going to find out.

Battle practice wasn't going to be the first exercize of the day . As Valentinian and the Lady fell into step next to the other nobles, the instructor, one Lord Commissar Aberdeen, called for a march step and paraded the men and women down the courtyard out into the open planes before the city. It was time to jog to the training camp, where the day's trials may begin.

Valentinian, used to such conditions from birth kept pace easily enough. It wasn't especially demanding,but he kept an eye out for his guest just incase she tripped or needed help

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay just stood there for a second or two. She was to join them and not just watch? Quickly she caught up as they were only marching, so it wasn't that bad. But then they quickened their pace to a jog. It seemed simple enough and it wasn't as though she had lived a sheltered life. On the contrary, she had spent almost half of her life on the run from her enemies and bounty hunters.

She caught [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] checking up on her, to which she just gave him a thumbs up.

He smiled in reply and turned back forward. The street was mostly paved and smooth, and before too much day had faded they would finally reach the camp. It was a simple enough camp, tents, some wooden buildings, and a fence sorrounding the establishment.

The Training Commissar would dismiss the trainnies to various tasks. It was a survival camp, primarily to taech survival skills and endurance to the recruits, as well as some combat lessons, though those took second priority. Valentinian and Kay where sent off to harvest firewood from the ashen forests near the base of the nearby mountain

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay could have used a drink of water before starting to hunt for firewood, but no one else seemed to have needed any, so she just pushed her thirst to the back of her mind.

"I bet that you thought that I stayed in offices or ships all day? No. My work and missions often had me out on my own in enemy territory, doing my best to survive while rescuing others at the same time."

She picked up some decent sized sticks to start the fire with, and then some slightly bigger ones that would burn before the logs could be set.

"My Lady, you doust wound me. I've thought not but the highest of you. Were you to ask one of our nobles, male or female, they like as not would have arrived carrying twelve trunks of dresses and finery, not a simple dress and a pair of slacks"

He countered with a soft laugh as he collected up his own bundle of sticks and logs from the many avaidable on the ground

Once the two had collected enough, he would start to head back toward camp

"Likely next, we'll have on group assigned to make supper, while the rest finish setting up the quarters for the night"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Twelve trunks of clothing?? I don't even think that I've owned that many clothes from birth to now. I wasn't exactly born into it. I worked hard for it."

She followed him back to the camp, wondering which job she would get. Kay was fine with either. Though most of the time she would sleep in the trees and eat ration bars with her tea. It was curious to see what they do.

"We like our finery" He said with a chuckle. While he himself was not a stranger to the occasionnal fashion alligned mood swing, he did find the concept of carrying enough close to crush a man to death with quite amusing

Stacking the firewood by the firepit he would march over the the Lord Commissar. Who was busy directing those that had already begun to set up the tents and other parts of camp. It was meant to simulate setting up real structures during wartime, barracks, armory , kitchens, emplacements, and familisarise recruits with their stations

Turning to Valentinian the man gave him a few short words and his orders, nodded and turned back to his task

"It would appear we're setting up tents"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

With a large number of clothes, it was obvious that they liked their finery. But they seemed to be more stationary of a people, while she felt safer with always being on the move.

Kay nodded as they were assigned to tent duty. Seemed easy enough. She walked over to the bundle and started to unravel it. The tent was a lot larger than she was used to, so it was much more complicated. She looked to [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] and gave him a bit of a sheepish grin.

"Does it come with instructions?"

"Field kits usually do.... 'less the Commissar went and took it away as a challenge, it's been done before"

He murrmurred, glancing about the ground for where it may be. Several minutes of thorough searches yielded lackluster results, and so Valentinian began to do try and set it up by eye. It wasn't too complicated in principal, several wooden frames made up the base, while a canvas made up the roof, and heavy insulated cloth made up the sides

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"I'm used to sleeping up in the trees. Less chance of an ambush then while I sleep."

A large encampment just asks for an attack. But then it also meant that there were large numbers of them. She followed any of the instructions for putting the tent together that [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] gave her, the two of them working as a team until it was all finished. Of course they probably took a bit longer to finish than the others, but that was due in part to her.

"Not too bad if I say so myself, I do believe it will pass muster. "

Valentinian judged, giving the tent's support a light kick to test it. It held up, barely even shaking. By the time they finished it was slowly growing dark, and the call to form up for mess was given. Plates and such with food were handed out from the group on kitchen duty, and everyone would find a place around the large campfire near the middle of the encamptment. Valentinian sat somewhat way from the group, facing the dark mountains in the distance, as if searching for something

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

At least it passed. She would hate to have to start all over again.

Kay got her plate of food and sat down to eat, listening to their stories of some of their adventures. When asked, she shared one of her own, one of hearing of a pirate slave raid on a village. She had hired some soldiers to help her. First they got all the villagers to safety and then hid. The pirates came and were taken by surprise with the sudden ambush. But they were beaten back. A duel ensued between their leader and one of the soldiers. Her hire had won and so the village was left alone.

When her story was finished she took her half eaten meal with her to where [member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] sat. "Credit for your thoughts?"

"Grey Rhunsmen, Barbarians and other ilk roam these hills.....This planet is not safe yet, untill they're all driven to the sword they present a very real threat to those living outside the citadels...Isolated as we are, we present quite the target for one of their warbands"

Such were the thoughts occupying the young prince. Meanwhile the remaining men and women at camp had fallen into singing around the campfire, of past glories and songs of battle.

"But I digress, how are you finding your first day among us?"

He asked, finally turning to face her again, dismissing the doubts and worries as a hot knife would cut through butter

[member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom