Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always Looking Ahead [Training/Development]

Planet: Mandalore

The air tasted fresh on his unmasked face, a smile formed as his fingers lifted the mask up once more. It got old, the freshness of the air nor the woodland taste, it all felt as such whenever he would dare bring his mask below his chin. With a small breeze picking up Rhan tossed his scarf over and around himself. Winter was never pleasant on Mandalore, than again hardly anything ever was when compared to much peaceful climates of Naboo or the Weathered controlled climates of Coruscant.

When the snows fall, it falls, when the rain falls, it falls, and when fire and death rains from the skies of Mandalore, just as any weather, Mandalore continues to withstand it all. Rhan continued to stand there in front of a small river, following water downstream, back down to a nearby City. Rhan could feel the age of the planet, looking across all her ruggedness of mountains, raw strength of the earth below him and the grace of sweeping waters washing away centuries of blood shed upon these lands, upon the surface of Mandalore that reflected a true Warrior's home.

He grasped below his feet, a small mound of dirt, before releasing back onto the ground at his own feet. Rhan turned to leave, already finished what he had originally came for hours ago, but wanted to reflect outside for a few moments. He was soldier’s son, groomed as any soldier should be, but he had fought in skirmishes and seen less men crumble. Their strength faded, their will evaporated and their spirits crushed, but Rhan could not blame them. His own faith dashed, his own faith crushed all the same, though even now he wondered why he was still here, trying to live his life as a soldier.

Rhan continued his walk back to the city, people walked around and the streets felt largely crowded . A hand grasped his arm as he looked to his side and spotted his other white haired partner.

“Finally found you!” She yelled, her smile turned more like annoyance, “You done pondering on the galaxy and of how much time you waste doing so instead of actually living?” she asked, a tad obnoxiously, but that was what he found charming from Rippana all these months past.

“You act as if I’m some retired old soldier heading back home for once,” Rhan voiced his complaint to her phrasing of the question, “But no, I was not pondering the big questions of the galaxy, only mien own,” Rhan answered, their arms separated as they walked down the sidewalk side by side.

Ney, that sounds boring when you say it like that,” She responded, “Though for real, things here are going to be normal right?” She asked, her eyes had a diminished glint as the forbidding future of despair loomed ever so closer to them both.

Rhan stopped and looked into her eyes, placing both hands on her face, “The Future is always filled with despair, nothing we do now will change what the Universe will throw at us,” Rhan responded, his voice stern before releasing her from his hands, “So I ask you to stay strong, and hope for the best, it is all that we can do in a such cold unforgiving Universe that we abide in today,” Rhan finished.

“But what if that is not enough? What if all my strength and hope and spirit is not enough to see it through?” She asked, they both choose to change and come to Mandalore together afterall. The galaxy owed them no favors.

Rhan inhaled deeply, closing his eyes for a brief moment before focusing them back on her, “You have to face that fear mien friend, you must know the truth no matter what comes your way. I know it can be hard, but you have give it all, give it hundred percent, and force ourselves to fight and move forward,” Rhan declared to her.

“And I know you will ask ‘What if I fail? What if even though I gave it everything, I gave my blood, tears, sweat, all of it and I fail!?’ Those questions will strike fear,” Rhan explained, “But that is the truth that we must seek, it will hurt, it will cut you down and bring you to your knees and keep you there, but-” Rhan continued as he embraced her tightly in his arms for a moment. Showing her a bit more emotion and his human side.

“As long as you draw breath, you will find friends that will help, loved ones to cherish, and a future worth standing up again to fight for every time,” Rhan finished, releasing his hold on her. “Failure is not a reason to give up, nor an excuse for giving in,”

Each stood facing one another before Rhan nodded once in approval, “Now then, we got plenty of work ahead us Rip, no time like the present to learn and study,” Rhan added.

Mandalore would continue to grow, she had always done so, her sons and daughters will grow and move on, as new sons and daughters take their place. In turn Rhan felt as if it mattered little to Mandalore of how many of her children were lost, where time meant nothing to her, but it was all she could do to endure every passing century as a planet. Her people would always place their faith in their armor, weapons and skills to survive. Of course, they place a great amount of faith in one another. Rhan knew he had much to learn and change for this soldier.

“Come on Rhan! The streets are getting crowded!” She called out to him in mocking distress.

Ja, ja,” Rhan agreed, as he moved along, slowly releasing his last regrets, of which he had plenty, “Just took a moment to breathe is all,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom