Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Always a Need

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Gunther Corek Gunther Corek

Kay nodded a little. She recalled some of her Mandalorian family having multiple spouses, so more than likely there were plenty of people out there that were far different than herself. Kay was loyal to a fault and she wasn't fond of sharing. At least when it came to whomever has stolen her heart.

A sly grin crossed her face as Gunther said that he wouldn't be dancing. "Not even for me? Surely you could show me some moves. And as a soldier, you should be able to move with great fluidity." Another wink was given before she wiped her hands on a towel. "To the market then. Let's hope that we can find what we're looking for." Kay hooked her arm in his and led him out of the shop.

Along with their tendency for adopting aruetii and others clans Clan Corek was also somewhat known for their practice of polygamy, thankfully for Kay Gunther had always been one to shy away from such things and preferred to have someone to himself.

He noticed the grin come across her face and he immediately prepared to be teased and of course he wasn't disappointed. When she asked he looked her up and down and grinned. "Well play your cards right and I just might show you a few moves. I can move with grace and fluidity in combat...other times I've been known to be a clutz." He smiled down at her as she hooked her arm in his and allowed himself to be dragged out of the shop.

Kay-Larr

It had been a long time since she had walked with someone in this manner. The last time was during a Sith ball and Yasha had invited her to attend. That felt like a lifetime ago though.

Now she was in a situation that she enjoyed. The circumstances of their meeting was entirely planned. But who knew that Noah was a matchmaker? "I'll look fprward to seeing those moves."

Kay left the market with him, however she found herself needing to let go. Why would an armour-clad bodyguard be walking arm in arm with their VIP? Such a thing wasn't normal and no one needed to see that they were growing attached to one another just yet. "I suppose that we'll have to play our parts while we're in public. Are you the strong, silent type? Or?"

Gunther had to admit that it had been many a year that he had walked with someone like this as well, much longer than he thought Kay might have gone without it. He was finding it different than the last time though, he felt oddly more safe and secure on her arm than anyone else's.

If Noah was asked he wouldn't admit to anything if he had set Kay and Gunther up but he had analyzed the both of them with a keen eye and found that they might have gone well together. He grinned at Kay once more before grabbing his helmet and slipping on to his head. "Mmmm maybe, maybe."

Gunther had to admit he felt a pang in his chest when Kay let go of him but he did have to admit it would have looked strange had her bodyguard had been on her arm. He chuckled at her when she asked if he was the strong and silent type. "Ah so because I'm Mandalorian I must automatically be the strong silent type eh? What type do you think I should be?"

Kay-Larr

Kay grinned to herself. She'd see thlse dance moves, she was sure of it. However another option in getting him to do so would be to pretend that she couldn't really dance at all and get him to show her how it was done. But there was a strong chance that that wouldn't work.

"Well I don't know how you are among strangers. Some bodyguards are silent, while others are quite vocal. But I like to hear your voice, so I welcome it." She led him along the path that led from her shop to the main market. "Hopefully this won't take us too long." Kay was looking forward to their stroll through the woods.

Getting Gunther to dance for her was going to be like pulling teeth to be honest, he was a self-confident man but there were a few things he was self-conscious about and one of those things oddly enough was his skills on the dance floor. For some reason though the though of dancing with, or for, Kay was somewhat satisfying.

He had to admit he was glad that his helmet was on when she mentioned she enjoyed hearing his voice as he felt a heat creep up his neck and into his face. "Well then I will endeavor to be as vocal as possible m'lady." He followed quickly behind her as the pair head away from the shop and to the market. "Eager to get me to the woods alone, huh?"

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled to herself. It had been some time since anyone had given her a title. But lately she didn't think that she deserved one. She didn't think that she deserved anything but suffering.

Until now.

Gunther gave her hope again. Gunther made her feel alive. Gunther made her have a more positive outlook in life. Gunther gave her a direction.

And she welcomed that with open arms.

At his remark about the woods, she chuckled. "Oh it's quite possible....Less chance of interruptions. Plus the woods are very pretty to walk through."

Gunther was very much like Kay in his thinking about love and relationships. He thought that his time for love had passed long ago so he was pleasantly surprised when he had met Kay and found himself pleasantly surprised when he found himself gravitating further and further to her.

He chuckled and shook his head, the noise coming out from his helmets speakers. "Less distraction huh? What exactly do you have planned for us in the woods cyar'ika?" He chuckled and shook his head again, using the head shake to examine their surroundings to make sure there were not any threats.

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow. Although she had heard the word before, she wasn't entirely certain of it's meaning. "Cyar'ika? I'm afraid that my knowledge in the language isn't as good as my daughter's." He'd have to teach her. Just one of the many things on his list.

She clasped her hands behind her back as they walked, the market already being in view. "We'll be gathering herbs in the woods, of course, for some of my teas. And perhaps do a bit of sparring as well? I'm out of practice...." That was a bit of a lie on two fronts. But he'd find out later.

Gunther smiled under his helmet when she mentioned that she didn't quite know what the word he said meant and he decided to use that to his advantage. "Mmmm I guess I will have to tutor you on our language as well...though I think I will save that particular word for last."

He saw the market through his visor approaching rather quickly and felt somewhat glum due to the fact that he'd have to play his part around the people there. "While herb gathering sounds a little pedestrian I could go for a bit of a spar, could give me a good idea of just how much tutoring you need exactly."

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as he refrained from telling her what the word meant. "I'm your boss though. Surely you shouldn't be holding anything back from me." Her smirk turned into a wry smile then. She was up to something to be sure.

"Well I don't get all of my supplies shipped in or buy it at the markets. Some are grown locally. But I figured that it might be boring, which is why I suggested the spar. I'm a bit rusty in fighting, I'm afraid. Most of the time that I was beaten, I was fully restrained."

Kay scratched at an itch on the back of her neck, a usual sign of anxiety for her. She entered the marked and passed through the various shops, until she happened by an arts tent and stepped inside. Surely there'd be a veil or something in there.

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

He chuckled when she pointed out that she was his boss and therefore he must tell her whatever she asked. "Well as of right now technically your not my boss as you have not paid me for my services yet and therefore the contractual obligation between us have not been fulfilled."

He nodded to her explanation of their trip into the forest, it would make sense that she would try to offset costs by sourcing some of the ingredients without having to pay for them. It might also served to allow Kay to market her teas as all natural, though he doubted that she'd do that though.

He followed closely behind her, listening to her words but at the same time his eyes were diligently sweeping to and fro looking for any signs of hostility of ill will from the people around. He decided to nod to her words but not respond, having no real clue what to say to her. When she entered the crafts tent he followed her in, his eyes on her and their surroundings instead of the crafts.

Kay-Larr

He was right. She hadn't paid him yet. But who pays their employeses up front? Why they could just leave and not do a thing. Of course Gunther wouldn't do that, or so she hoped. Regardless she planned on paying him every week.

Kay moved through the art tent, paying him no mind as she looked through the merchandise. She traced her fingers on some of the various fabrics. There was a time when she had plenty of gowns and outfits of all sorts. But not today. Could she even make any of it herself? Nope.

She continued looking, passing by handmade jewelry and pottery. The tent seemed to be filled with arts and crafts by a variety of people. Kay passed by some decorated masked and pondered a little before exiting the tent.

Once they were clear, she looked over to Gunther. "A mask could work, couldn't it? A pretty one of course..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom