Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Always a Need

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Gunther Corek Gunther Corek

He seemed to be reading her thoughts. A stage name was something that she had pondered on for a split second before her thoughts were diverted. "Yes, a stage name. But what it would be, I'm not sure yet. Perhaps I'll delve into some holonovels for an idea." There were plenty that she could use, surely. Kay only needed to pick one out.

As Gunther's hand drifted over hers, she could feel the warmth from it. No doubt it was heightened with the warmth of the tea. Still, she held his gaze and allowed herself to be lost in them for a few seconds before bringing herself back to the present. "Well for me it would be Sith from any banner. My therapist also wishes for me to spend time at his asylum. He's even sent hunters after me. I used to see him because of the traumas that I had been to recently. But I'm better now. Yet I don't think that he believes me."

He raised an eyebrow at her mentioning of holonovels, his interested peaked in this appearant hobby of hers. "You read holonovels eh? What kind exactly? Drama? Mystery?" A grin came to his face as he thought of the perfect way to make her blush and maybe even stutter. He leaned down so his face was a mere inches from her and whispered. "Erotic?"

In the back of his mind Gunther was somewhat displeased that Kay didn't react to it, though he'd admit that he found her gaze with those gray eyes of hers to be...intoxicating. He listened to her lay out the potential enemies that might come after her and laughed. "Sith are a credit a dozen for the Mandalorians of Clan Corek. We've fought Sith and Imperials wherever we could for millenia. As for your therapist I doubt he come round together anything other than two-bit thugs, mercenaries and bounty hunters. Nothing a seasoned Marine and Mandalorian couldn't take care of."

Kay-Larr

Just as Kay was about to answer as to what type of holonovels were to her liking, Gunther leaned into her and gave her another guess. Erotic? Oh boy. Her cheeks turned red once again as her eyes widened slightly. "By the Force, no!" She cleared her throat a little in a bid to compose herself. "Mysteries are what I read." Oh she had to turn the tide on him somehow! And get herself back in control. Kay placed a hand on his chest and pushed him back a little so that she could sip her tea. However she didn't move her hand afterwards. Instead she just kept it there. "I love a good mystery. Don't you?"

After a moment, she slowly removed her hand and cupped her tea. "Noah did well in choosing you, I think. We haven't butt heads yet. And that's a good sign." A very good sign. But there was bound to be moments later.

Gunther let out a loud and roaring laugh as he saw the blush come to Kay's face as the word erotic slipped from his lips. He took a sip of his tea as he listened to her talk and explain her particular area of interest in holonovels. He was about to rebut when he felt Kay place her hand on his chest and push him back, heat rising in his cheeks as she kept it there. His mind was a mix of thoughts and emotions but he still had the clarity to try and think of a way to even the playing fields. And that's when it came to him. As Kay he removed her hand he brought his own up and seized it before leaning down and brushing a small kiss against her knuckles, grinning at her all the while. "I admit they are rather...intriguing." With this said he let her hand go.

Returning to cup his own mug he sipped his tea and smiled at her, nodding in agreement to her statement. "Noah's always been good at putting people together who he thinks would work well together, I suppose it's a skill he picked up as a officer in the Army..."

Kay-Larr

Kay held her breath as Gunther held her hand and kissed it, her heart feeling as though it had skipped a beat. Well that was rather smooth of him. His response to a love of mysteries was also pretty suave, so much so that she wasn't sure of how to respond. In this little game of wills he was already coming out on top. The question now remained on whether or not she'd let it stay that way.

Hmmmmm....

She was sure to get him back tomorrow evening, already thinking of the perfect scenario. Hopefully it wouldn't be forgotten by then.

Kay had another sip of her tea, her eyes never leaving his as she continued the conversation. "And what skills did you pick up in your time with the Marines?"

Gunther's grin grew as Kay held her breath when he kissed her hand and that grin grew even further when she seemed to be stumped about how to react or at least that's what he thought, he was unaware that she was planning her revenge for tomorrow. Feeling a little more confident he edged slightly closer to Kay.

He sipped his tea thoughtfully when she asked what skills he had learned during his military service and shrugged. "Your standard military skills. Rifle and pistol marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat, first aid, etc. A few others that I learned aren't suitable for mention in such...lovely company."

Kay-Larr

Oh he was enjoying this too much. But Kay had to admit that she did too. It was a kind of game that she hadn't played in a very long time. Perhaps that was why she found herself stumbling through it at times.

Kay kept watch as he moved even closer to her. They were nearly toe to toe now, with their mugs of tea in between them. It was as though he was trying to gain the upper hand even more. Yet his answer to her question gave her an opportunity to perhaps make him blush. "Oh? Is it death and destruction? Or were they skills learned in the clubs you went to in your youth?"

Just like Kay it had been a long while since Gunther had played a game like this but unlike Kay he felt himself melt back into the role rather easily, his personality well suited for games such as this, though he did find Kay's stumbling to be cute.

He felt...good about the closeness between the two of them and grinned when her words registered in his mind. If her words had been meant to make him blush she would be disappointed and in fact he decided to turn the situation on her. Taking one of his hands off his mug he moved it to Kay's arm and began to gently stroke it. "Both. Though maybe I can show your some of those skills one day." With a grin he winked at her.

Kay-Larr

Uh oh. Kay knew that look. He was going to be quite confident in his answer. And that meant that she was going to stumble yet again.

And then he stroked her arm. His hand was warm still from the tea, yet that did nothing to prevent the goosebumps from developing on her skin. She found herself swallowing a lump that had suddenly appeared in her throat while she tried to think of some witty response.

All that she could come up with was; "Death and destruction? Surely you wouldn't be that violent of a bouncer...."

Confident now that she wasn't stopping his hand he kept gently drifting his hand from her wrist all the way up to her shoulder, grinning all the while as he decided to inch even closer, taking sips of his tea all the while.

He chuckled and shook his head when her words came out. "Mmmmm I was think less the death and destruction skills and more the skills I learned in clubs as a youth. Though that is always completely up to you."

Kay-Larr

The goosebumps seemed to trail Gunther's hand as it travelled up her arm. His eyes didn't seem to leave her own as his confidence in himself and what he was up to grew.

At his response to her questions she broke her gaze while she took another sip of her tea, only to find that her cup was empty. "Perhaps, if you play your cards right. Though I haven't...danced...in some time." Did he catch her meaning? More than likely so. And more than likely he'd have some retort that would cause her cheeks to turn red once again.

Gunther continued to leisurely trail his hand up and down Kay's arm, making some swirling and back and forth motions to enhance the experience, continuing to stare into those grey orbs he was beginning to be accustomed too.

He grinned and chuckled when she broke her gaze to take a sip of her tea only to find her mug was empty. Reaching for her mug he took it from her hand and placed it on a nearby table. His grin grew even further when she spoke, him indeed getting what she was trying to say. "Well you know that they say about 'dancing' it's like riding a speeder bike, you never forget. As for playing my cards right I think we both can agree I'm already doing that..."

Kay-Larr

Oh he was FAR too smooth. Kay bit her lower lip as her cheeks continued to turn another shade of red. And as Gunther took her mug away, she instantly missed having her crutch there with her. Now there was nothing between them but air.

His words didn't exactly break the growing tension between them either. Instead they just made it grow. "You know I'm...pretty good on a speederbike." And it was the truth! She used to scare people when she rode into the Twin Canyons on Commenor. To his latter sentence, Kay couldn't disagree. "Yes, you are playing your cards right..."

Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Now what? "..How much did that dossier say about me?" Oh yes, she was changing the subject. Sort of.

Gunther was indeed smooth and the bad part for Kay was he knew exactly how smooth he was and how to use it to his advantage. He enjoyed the closeness between the two of them but decided he had closed the distance enough for now.

His words were not exactly meant to break the tension, quite the opposite in fact. He raised an eyebrow when she mentioned the speederbike fact. "Are you now? Well you will have to show me one day, I'm interested in seeing it." Upon his other words his grin grew as he began to drift his fingers up and down Kay's side now, from hip to shoulder. "Well that's good to know..."

When she asked about the dossier he chuckled and leaned in closer, extremely close and said. "I could tell you but that'd be no fun. Now I think it's late and we should go to bed." With a grin he removed his hand from her side and stepped slightly back.

Kay-Larr

Kay shivered a little in spite of herself with his touch. Oh he was baiting her good. But if all of this was nothing more than something spur of the moment, she wasn't really going to feel good about herself later.

As Gunther drew even closer to her, she thought that she could hear his heartbeat. Or was it her own? Kay smirked as he declined to tell her what she wanted and instead made another suggestion. "Alright. To bed then. Did you need to inspect my room for intruders?"

Gunther was many things but a womanizer was not one of them. While yes this was a spur of the moment decision on his part that didn't mean he didn't have plans or at least ideas to let it go farther. He felt Kay shiver and was glad to know that he was eliciting some response from someone who seemed like she was good at hiding her reactions.

When Kay gave her other suggestion Gunther grinned down at her and mocked thinking for a moment. "You know being you're body guard and such I probably should check your room for intruders, solely to keep you safe of course. Lead the way m'lady."

Kay-Larr

Kay just had to smile in spite of herself. She knew that he'd not be able to resist that one. But if he did, then that surely would've caught her by surprise. "This way, then."

She turned on her heel and led him up the stairs and down the hall to her room. Her hand went to the doorknob, but then she paused, looking up over her shoulder at him. "Did you want to go in first, or shall I?"

Gunther had to admit then when he saw a smile come to Kay face he felt something in his chest, something that he couldn't describe for the life of him. He gave a small sarcastic bow to her as she turned and made for the stairs, him following quickly behind her. As they climbed the stairs he took a long look at her and smiled.

Once they reached her room he nodded to her question. "Well you going first defeats the whole purpose so I'll go." Gently pushing past her he gripped the door knob and opened it, first peering in and then opening fully, motioning Kay to stay put. Walking inside he began a fully, and somewhat joking examination of the room, checking under her bed, in her closet and wardrobe and finally checking the refresher. Nodding he walked back into the hallway and nodded to her. "All clear."

Kay-Larr

Kay covered her mouth with her hand, in a vain attempt to hold in her laughter while Gunther put on a show for her as he examined her room. She was growing all the more glad to have his company. Perhaps her isolation was too long. Now she was feeling more alive.

As Gunther returned to the hallway, she removed her hand from her mouth and placed it on his cheek while she stared into his blue eyes. They showed a soul that was different than her own, yet their needs complimented eachother. Kay didn't want that to go away anytime soon. "Why thank you, brave sir. May you have a restful sleep and sweet dreams." Kay could almost kiss him then, but didn't. She hadn't kissed anyone else but her late husband in over twenty years. It felt a little...strange to do so now.

Kay lowered her hand and then stepped into her room. "Goodnight...Gunther..." She closed the door behind her and then closed her eyes, smiling for a moment or two before she headed to the refresher to get herself ready to retire for the night.

Gunther smiled widely when he heard Kay laughing at his only somewhat serious performance. It had been too long since he had heard someone laugh like that and he found that he was enjoying it very much.

He stepped into the hall and grinned down at her, the grin growing and his eyes widening when she took her hand and placed it on his cheek. As she stared into his blue eyes he stared just as deeply into her grey eyes, finding himself getting lost in them. When she spoke he chuckled and turned his head to press a kiss against her palm. Turning his head back he gave a small bow. "I live to serve, m'lady." He could see something in her eyes as they stared but couldn't quite put his finger on it.

He almost sighed when her hand was removed from his cheek and she stepped back into her room. He gave her a small nod. "Goodnight Kay." Sighing once she closed the door he stepped into his own room across the hall and began going through his nightly ritual, much similar to the ritual he had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom