Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Always a Need

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Gunther Corek Gunther Corek

"Then I shall do my best to be a good student. However....fair warning...I can be stubborn." Everyone had their own way of doing things. Given that Kay was middle-aged, she was quite set in her ways and her line of thinking. Lately her son tried to get her to change that, yet she found it difficult. She was at a loss with herself and really had no purpose or direction.

But now maybe she did.

Again she blushed as Gunther spoke of how she moved. Kay hid that with another bite of her steak. So he was sizing her up, was he? Was he studying her as well? She swallowed her steak and cleared her throat a little. "Well let's just hope that I can exceed your expectations. Graceful or not, I had a habit of stepping on the toes of my dancing partners."

Gunther let out a rather hearty laugh when she mentioned that she could be stubborn. "Oh don't worry. I've been informed by my family that I can be stubborn as well. I find that when Someone is stubborn like me that it is easier to teach them because I know how to get through to them." Gunther had been less at a loss for the last few years but more like bored, without challenge. There wasn't much work for a warrior of his caliber.

He saw the slightest hint of a blush on Kay's face and grinned, his confidence growing with each instance like such he was able to elicit from her. He was indeed sizing her up, more for his guarding duties but also for less...professional reasons. When the topic came back to dancing he grinned her way. "Not to be crass m'lady but with the type of dancing I believe your intending to perform you won't have to worry about stepping on toes..."

Kay-Larr

No doubt with being in the Republic Marines, he dealt with his fair share of stubborn people. And Gunther would have to do so again, not only with herself, but with some unruly customers as well.

Kay started eating her veggies, thinking back on the hearty laugh that he gave just moments earlier. It was a good laugh and it even reached his eyes. Did they brighten? Twinkle? Maybe she was just reacting to the whiskey.

And once again Gunther's comment caused her to blush, moreso because she was starting to picture the type of dancing that she was thinking of doing. "It will take a bit of time for it all to get organized. But if I don't start soon, I may lose the courage to. Have you ever tried it yourself? Dancing, I mean?"

Gunther had dealt with many a stubborn people during his time in the Marine Corps though it was his time growing up in Clan Corek that had given him the most experience dealing with such people. Even among the notoriously stubborn Mandalorians his clan stood apart by being particularly stubborn.

When Kay as if he danced he gave yeah another laugh. "I might be agile and quick in a fight but that doesn't necessarily translate into being agile and quick on the dance floor. Have I formally danced? No. Have I engaged in dancing that the two of us most likely engaged in in our youth? Yes." Finishing his sentence with a chuckle and a grin he picked up the bottle and refilled both of their glasses.

Kay-Larr

"Well lucky for you there are no formalities here. And I doubt that I'd be going to any such ocassion anytime soon. Still, I bet you clean up pretty good." More than likely Gunther would be wearing his armour anyways. Right now it was just the two of them, so he was fully able to just be comfortable.

"Perhaps tomorrow after the shoppe closes, I'll have the courage to practice. I may have to do some research, however. I haven't exactly been to these sorts of places, myself." And she wondered just how popular or unpopular it'd become. Should she feel bad if it wasn't? If she wasn't? Perhaps not.

"Such an establishment is good for intel, is it not?"

"Thank Manda for that saving grace. I loved my time in the Corps but the one thing I did not like was the pomp and ceremony. It was all so...unecessary. Maybe that's the Mando in me talking." He grinned when she mentioned him cleaning up nice and he leaned forward, suddenly very confident. "Well maybe I'll clean up tomorrow when you dance."

He chuckled and leaned back, finish off the last of his meal and washing it down with a swig of whiskey. "Research on a subject you're unfamiliar with is always an advisable course of action...or so my aunt would. Never know. Some of the things you learn might surprise you." Somewhere in the back of his mind Gunther wished she wouldn't become popular...for reasons.

"Actually yes. In places like that where booze flows smoothly and there are ears everywhere it is rather easy to gather intel."

Kay-Larr

He did it again. Gunther made her blush once more. She lowered her head as she finished off her food, in another bad attempt at hiding her reactions. It was of course a sensitive or rather private matter. So it wasn't as though she had no reason to be embarrassed.

Kay got to her feet as he finished and began collecting the dishes. "Well there won't be booze flowing freely here. But I do have teas with spice and other things that can have similar effects." She paused before readying herself to head back to the lab. "What sort of connections did you say that you have for clientele?"

He grinned to himself when he saw Kay blush and decided to take it a bit further. “You know you look very cute when you blush...you shouldn’t try to hide it.” With a chuckle to himself her finished his whiskey and poured himself another, the last one he’d have for the night.

Noah followed behind Kay as she collected the dishes, intent on helping her whether she liked it or not. “Eh those will work just as well as booze, might even work even better.” Gunther nodded when she mentioned clientele. “I have a few friends that could get you in contact with some respectable and well off...gentlemen.”

Last edited:

Kay-Larr

The mere fact that he pointed out her blushing got Kay to blush even more. No doubt that was the result that he was going for. She tried to stop herself from bursting out with laughter, but couldn't. When Gunther chuckled, she did too.

She glanced over her shoulder and saw him following in behind her. Was he planning on doing the dishes too? She wasn't sure. Kay was just planning on leaving them until the morning anyways. She placed them on the counter and then prepared herself some tea. While Gunther was more of the whiskey type, she preferred tea for a nightcap.

"I...wouldn't even know what to charge. Have you any ideas?" Gunther had the experiences in this sort if thing, while she didn't.

He smiled as Kay blushed even further. "See? You look extremely cute like that..." He trailed off as they made it to the lab, Gunther finishing off his whiskey when they made it there. His smile grew when she chuckled as well, he found the sound pleasant and relaxing for some reason.

He decided to place his glass with the rest of the dishes. Walking towards Kay he sidestepped her but his hand brushed against her arm, whether it was intentional or not was unknown. As he placed his glass with the rest of them he heard her speak of what she should charge. Leaning against a nearby table he made a show of thinking on her question.
"For someone of your class, grace and beauty...I think that 500 credits for fifteen minutes is a fair price for your time."

Kay-Larr

He'd of made a fine politician. That was for sure. Gunther had found a weakness in her and exploited it. It was all fun and games however, so that was a good thing.

As he brushed her arm, Kay found herself pausing. Did he do it on purpose? Regardless she felt her arm tingle.

She poured the boiled water into her mug as he responded to her question, her eyebrows raising at the cost, regardless of his compliments. "Is that the....going rate? That's so much! Is it too much?" A higher price would limit the number of times she'd perform. That could be good.

If Kay was ever to have voiced the opinion on him being a politician he would have laughed like a mad man. He was well aware that he had some skills that politicians admired but he also had traits that they wouldn’t. He was brash, abrasive and sometimes downright abusive to a large majority of people.

He decided to let Kay wonder about his hand on her arm, he found that being mysterious often attracted women better than being direct and in their face, though that wasn’t always the case.

He had to laugh at her reaction to the rates. “Do you have any teas that are Mandalorian? As for the rate thats pretty standard for a high class dancer, of which you most certainly are.”

Last edited:

Kay-Larr

Kay held her mug in her hands as she let the tea steep. She smiled and nodded at his question. "There are quite a few Mandalorian teas that I sell. Cassius tea is one of them. It promotes good health. All the credits that I make from them goes to the Clans. Every little bit helps, right? Did you want me to get you a cup?" Even now she was still a philanthropist. And still a host.

As Gunther reassured her about the rates, Kay took in a deep breath and then released it slowly. "Let's just hope that I don't disappoint and make a fool of myself then. Otherwise I'm sure that word would spread of that humiliation..." In truth she didn't want anyone that she knew to know of this private little enterprise of hers.

But there was no telling how quickly word may spread.

Gunther’s smile grew when she mentioned that she sold many Mandalorian tea’s, especially when she mentioned she had Cassius tea. “Mmmm my mom use to make me Cassius tea when I was younger. I would love a cup. Hmmm your doing something a proper Mandalorian would do without even knowing it.”

Leaning against a nearby counter he propped himself against it and listened to Kay speak intently. He snorted when she seemed nervous about making mistakes. “That’s why you practicing tomorrow right? To make sure that you don’t screw up. But if you worried about staying anonymous you can wear a mask or a veil..."

Last edited:

Kay-Larr

Kay set her cup down and grabbed another for Gunther. Fishing through her boxes of tea, she picked out a Cassius Tea bag and set it in the mug, the already boiled water poured onto it moments later. "Well it's the least that I can do. The Clans did a lot for me over the years. I may not be able to fight wars for them, but I can help through other means."

She gestered for him to follow her after picking up her mug again. "Cream and sugars are in the shop." Kay led him out of the back, sipping her tea as she pondered on his suggestions. "A mask or a veil? Now that I think would make me more comfortable. It could make this all the easier if I'm not known. That's partly why I moved way out here. No one knew me or cared."

He smiled as Kay went to fulfill his tea request, sure that whatever happened that the tea would be delicious. Picking up the mug he took a whiff of it and smiled genuinely and fully, memories from his childhood flooding back. "That's the problem that my clan has with many other Mandalorian clans. We feel that they see fighting, war and conquest is the only way to bring glory and honor upon them. Clan Corek feels that if you make a mark on the galaxy as be it a lawyer, doctor, craftsman, politician or as a warrior then you bring honor to the clan."

He followed her gesturing back into the shop, putting some cream and sugar into his tea as she spoke about his idea. "A think a veil would be best. Something made of sheer fabric that is thin enough to make out some of your features but thick enough to obscure your identity." When she spoke about the reason she moved out here he chuckled. "Well you failed in that regard because now I care." As soon as the words left his mouth he somewhat regretted them, blushing and looking intently into his cup of tea.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded as she heard about Clan Corek. They sounded like a great Clan to be a part of. "I think that I'm the only one left of Clan Raxis. Others married into other Clans. But that's okay. I still do whatever I can."

She sipped her tea and thought about what type of veil she could use. "Something coloured, maybe with lace as well. Or embroidery. I can always go shopping this week and see what I can find, then send Doyle later to pick it up."

And then she caught his slip. His blush was easy to see, given his fair skin. "Oh you do?" Taking a little advantage of the situation, she stepped forward towards him so that they were closer together, holding her mug in between them. "And what brought that on so suddenly? We've only just met." She'd be lying if she didn't say that she didn't feel the same way that he did.

Gunther was glad that he could share such thoughts with another, at least semi, Mandalorian besides those in his own clan and not get spit at or challenged to a duel, as so many others often did. "Well if you ever feel like joining another clan you can keep us in mind. We are well known for adopting aruetii and other clans into our ranks which has earned us quite a reputable size."

He nodded along with her ideas about the veil, somewhat glad that she was taking him up on his idea to keep her identity safe. "Good. Not only will it spare you possible embarrasment but it will also make my job of guarding you and protecting you that much easier."

When she stepped closer Gunther internally kicked himself and perhaps the alcohol that had loosened his lips and mind. Reaching up he scratched the back of his neck before looking up at her, now noticing her closeness. "Well I can usually get a feel for people pretty quickly and easily. I can tell you are a person worthy of my time and care."

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded as he basically invited her to join his Clan. It was certainly something to think about. Yet at the moment she wasn't quite sure of what her future held. Other than selling tea...and dancing.

And just as he had said, having her identity protected would make his job easier. That is unless word got out. Such was a thing that she hoped would never happen. Only Gunther was to know. Perhaps even Doyle as well. But as far as she could figure, that was all. The last thing that she needed was for her children to find out.

The scratching of Gunther's neck was a sort of tick that she was used to doing. Especially when she was nervous or embarrassed. Was he the same way? Her eyebrows lifted as he explained further, stating that she was worthy of his time and care. "Trouble always finds me, Gunther. I hope that it isn't too much for you. Or that you have so little that you become bored." People tended to go a little dark when that happened. It was a strange thing, but true.

It wasn't that surprising that Gunther had almost all but verbally invited Kay to join his clan. Like he had said Clan Corek's adopting of outsiders and integrating of other clans had lead to them being a massive clan with over twenty different clans falling under House Corek.

He scratched at his chin as he thought of ways to keep her identity a secret as well. "The veil will be one aspect of keeping your identity a secret but having more than one layer of security is smart...Hmmm perhaps a stage name or a codename would work?"

He smiled and chuckled when she raised her brows and smiled even more when she spoke. Taking one hand off his mug he lightly drifted over hers. "I'm a Mandalorian m'lady. Trouble always finds me so I would assume that knowing who or what is going to cause it will be advantageous for me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom