Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Alright... let's dance!

Be careful what you wish for.
“Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” - Helen Keller

Haven’t done this in a while. Feels good.

A workout in an empty training room. Caltin had no fellow Masters around, no Knights, no Padawans, no droids, frell even the beverage cart was small. No, there was just him and some weights, a few weapons on the wall and open air. So he turned on what looked to be some odd looking black cylinder that lit up strangely in rhythmic reds, blues, and greens, pressed a few buttons on a datapad and walked to the center of the room after putting it down.

After it became clear that this cylinder was some sort of portable speaker and it was synched to the datapad (which was playing music), he began to move. It started slow, deeper breaths, neck twitches, head bobs, shoulder shimmies; it almost began to look like he was going to do some kind of dance. Frell, maybe he was. You might in fact say that he indeed was from the looks of it. No, there was no “ballet”, or anything of the like, he was not getting ready to sprawl on a chair, pull on a chord and let a load of Elba water fall on him either. No, what he was doing was something unique.

His lightsaber (“Conservator” for anyone keeping score) was active. For every open air kick and punch he threw, it led into the next move which could include the weapon. It was difficult and contrived to explain without seeing it, but clearly he knew what he was doing. Valery Noble Valery Noble was “The Sword of the Jedi” and deserved the title, and if you asked him, Caltin would never truly try and take anything away from her in that regard. However it was clear that he was more than capable at what he does.

He was proficient in three forms of Martial Arts, but was by no means agile and it would be silly to assume that he was capable of performing the kicks in the manner that some of the more well known practitioners would. Seriously, the dude is six and a half feet tall and almost four hundred pounds of muscle. He’s a friggin’ walking Boulder.

I hate when you call me that.

You hate when I call you anything. The thing is, he’s a brawler, but you can see the training in his moves and his style. It was nothing specific but a mesh of different things he has learned. There was a reason he looked like he did.

Come on in. No need to watch me from the corridor.

He could not sense others anymore. In fact he did not see anyone, it was just something he yelled out randomly from time to time just to check, or wig out anyone walking by,

TAG: Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

Last edited:
It was the afternoon. His own sessions were complete, the lessons and the exercises; skin still salt-ridden from the sweat, the same to be said of his dark strands of hair that fell and framed his youthful features. Coruscant was far from his favoured place to be, in the end, yet post-Ilum had seen to his attendance in the Jedi Temple. Part of him yearned to return to Denon, his homeworld. His world. That's how it seemed some days, what with the absence of Alliance interference in all the awful that transpired within the system.

Him and Dagon had it handled, Corin often mused. Even if it meant donning a mask to ensure it was.

His thoughtless footsteps had taken him by a room, the faint sound of music overpowered by that of a somewhat familiar voice. Corin's brow narrowed with some hint of curious confusion, unsure if it was intended for him, he stopped by the doorframe to see Caltin in the middle of his own exercises.

"I was, uh, just going by." He thumbed over his shoulder, "I can shut the door if you want?"

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold." - Helen Keller

No, it's fine Trenor. Come on in, unless you have somewhere you would rather be.

There, the kid had his "out." It didn't matter to him either way, but there always seemed to be an air of "Please ask me what is on my mind!" about him, even when the Padawan was being his normal "smug A-hole" self. Maybe that was why Caltin called him by his surname and not his title of "Padawan". The big man followed "his school" protocol, and if he wanted to be addressed as "Master Vanagor" (unless he told you otherwise), he addressed others by their title. Yet for all that he showed himself to be and the person who he was, he was still often laughed at. Make no mistake, the massive Jedi Master has thick skin and doesn't really care what people think, it was just funny in the thought that in this day and age, being a Jedi meant being in a community. Oh well. Enough of the off-topic ramble.

Taking the moment to get a drink of water but not before a couple of instinctive spins of his lightsaber, the big man took a minute to get something to drink.

I know you don't like the idea of being around "Silvers" so I won't keep you, but you're welcome to hang out if you want to.

Ironically, there was no attitude or snark intended in the observation.

His master made an effort to drill a certain sense into his head. If ever offered the chance to be better, be better. Corin dismissed the idea, believed it to be some sort of ridiculous mantra of an idealistic if not model Jedi. The Denon street rat was more than convinced that was not him, nor would it ever be. He could fold behind the message, the ideals, the outcome, but in a similar manner to Caltin... Corin had 'his school' that better translated to his method, his way of things. It made for a poor student, a difficult one to say the least and ever since Corin came into the arms of the Jedi, Dagon had his work cut out for him.

But maybe there was the chance to be better with this, he mused.

"There's more to it than..." He trailed off, as if frozen in place for a moment or two. Be better. "It doesn't matter, not important."

Corin glanced about the room, took in the details, examined what was there.

He stepped forwards a touch, "How come you stay here on Coruscant rather than train on Kashyyyk with the Silvers?" For once, there was no malice. Just a simple curiosity.

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold." - Helen Keller

Caltin genuinely laughed at the observation.

I have spent quite a bit of time here, lately, haven't I?

With a shrug and a soft sigh Vanagor shook his head at the funny thought. Why was he here so so much lately? Maybe it was the healing that the Silver Concord was doing? If so, should he not be there right now? Not really, it seems like more Jedi Masters were reappearing and he was needed less and less by the day. This was not a bad thing, it enabled him to split his time. It also was a chance to get a little more centered in the universe like he used to be.

Well, I am officially on the NJO roster now so you might say that I am "splitting my time." but remember I used to call this Temple "home" a long time ago. So it's not like this is new to me. Besides, I may be in the minority, but I consider us all "The Jedi Order," just several different splinters of it. Like ths old "Green Jedi" and "Order of the Silver Jedi" and so on.

He shrugged.

I know, that doesn't really answer your question. I guess I just want to be a part of something bigger than I am, again. I travel a lot so I will be spending time everywhere though.

He shrugged.

Until I'm no longer have anything to offer, or I'm unwelcome, I guess.

There was no emotion to what he said, no anger, or bitterness or sadness or anything. Just a fact is all. It was clear that the kid wanted to say something, but was trying to make a better effort.

"I can respect that." His answer came matter-of-fact, with all the truth Corin could muster. He was malicious at times, but never a liar. Something those Jedi Masters had come to see and even find themselves burdened by. "The whole 'something more', and all. Even if we disagree on the interconnection of those Jedi sects."

He smirked, knowingly.

"But I don't get a say in that anyways."

Caltin might be one of the few if any Masters who has absolutely no issue with what Trenor had to say. Did he lilke it? Not necessarily, but he didn't have to. The kid was honest and that was more important than anything. The funny thing is, Jedi always seem to find a problem with honesty when professing a need for it. Nothing wrong with disagreeing on things. It's better to be free to disagree and be honest about it than agree and it be a load of Ronto(censored), you know?

He knew where the Padawan was referencing and held back his own smirk.

My friend. You're not the only one who doesn't get any say. I could tell you some stories.

Hands suddenly on his hips and in thought with a sudden head tilt, he sucked on his gumline.

In fact... if you have some free time, I'm sure we both could swap some opinions and stories.

He shrugged. Up to you.

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Alright...

Rubbing his chin, Caltin held up an index and middle finger.

During the period after the Battle of Endor, there was an Enclave opening up. I swear it seemed like Jedi were coming out of the woodworks at the time. I means you know about Skywalker, but what you don't know is there were loads of cowards that were in hiding and suddenly came back.

He scoffed.

Anyway they wanted me to be an Overseer... sort of like a Council Member on a smaller scale. I tell you, I laughed in their face.

He would have waited to let that sink in, but had the feeling Trenor would not necessarily be surprised.

So, of course they were flabbergasted and asled me "why?" So I pointed around said how I could let the lackadaisacal attitude aside. I could let the relationships and P.D.A.s go, after all these people had to forget that they were a Jedi or grow up on their own. What I could NOT let go was the Masters not only bedding, but either impregnating or being impregnated by their own Padawans. This was six months after the place went into operation.

Chuckling, though clearly disgusted he made his point.

I make no apologies for being "Old School" fr the most part (He shrugged flashing his wedding ring) ... but times change and I can accept that. That being said there are lines you do not cross.

He smirked.

That was a mouthful.

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

In silent shock, Corin found his brow instinctively rise at the foul mention. It was a surprise to hear, what with the tales of heroism that erupted from that era, but maybe for the first time had the Padawan found himself in agreement with the Jedi Master. There were lines not to be crossed, Corin could stand by that, though maybe these lines were differently scrawled out across the place between the two. It made him open up on it, anyways.

"I understand there are lines, I think you're right there." He said before a mere moment of quiet hesitation, uncertainty tainted Corin for all of a second. "The Silver Jedi allying with the Sith, does that cross a line for you? Even if admitted as a mistake and all. How is it that you stay with them after that?"

There it was.

It was bound to come out, and Vanagor was practically waiting for it. Frell, he was even almost "baiting" the kid into talking about it. It was okay, there was no malice or snark in the kid's voice and unlike others, Caltin had no issue with delving into the subject.

I'm going to tell you something that I've never told anyone. I almost didn't.

Hands on his hips.

I was in the ice for well over eight hundred years. This is known, but when I was pulled out, it was the Silvers who did it. I don't blame anyone else who didn't, after all not everyone knew, I'm sure. The thing is when I came back to Kashyyk I was still acclamating myself to "today" and this was pretty much right after it all happened.

He laughed.

I remember making an ass of myself when the NJO approached Starchaser and the Silver Council about their decision. I didn't know what was going on and felt they were just being disrespectful. Then I saw what the Bryn'adul were doing and understood, not saying I agreed with, but understood the premise of alligning with an enemy to face a greater threat.

He shook his head.

That doesn't excuse any of it though. If we don't have our principles, what do we have? Right? I mean, I remember talking to Takui Takui afterward and observing how I had to be able to look myself in the mirror. That;s when I opposed the idea myself. Even took myself to researching whose idea it was and so on. It was beyong the pale. However, I was just some burnout popsicle thawed out from a time long ago. What could I do, right?

He shrugged.

So, I fell back on old habits and avoided anyone with the Council. I felt the need to remain where I was, not because of the Silver's charter or anything, but the Padawans... they needed Masters that they could look up to. They needed leaders who did not sit up in an ivory tower. I didn't think after my outburst that I would be welcomed in or around the NJO and I understood that(if it were true) so I decided to change the mindset and morale of the Silvers from within. I don't know, maybe that is why they asked me to join the Council. I didn't want to, for reasons I told you, but I knew I could make a difference with a council position. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't.

I guess that is where my "old school" approach to things peaks through though. I still want to make a difference. I still believe that Jedi are "heroes who wish they didn't exist." That is why I'm going out everywhere. Not trying to be "Super Jedi" or anything, but to get others to remember what it means to be who we all are.

He shrugged.

Pipe dream, but I don't consider myself a "Silver" Jedi, or "Old Republic" Jedi, or "New Jedi Order" Jedi... I'm a Jedi... just as you are... simple as that.

Sanctuary Island

Last edited:
His answer was a nod, framed with pursed lips and thoughtful eyes. Corin considered that truth and found little to fault, even if there was the chance that the Padawan probed for a reason to believe as much. Each to their own, as it were, and such was the case with Caltin. He was a Jedi Master, far wiser than Corin in all of his limited years. Who was he to make such a definitive statement of things?

"Maybe it's best to make a choice." Corin replied whimsically, "The New Jedi, the Silver Jedi, Force knows what else is out there that calls themselves Jedi. It may be time for one Jedi Order, open to all schools of thought, not only a sign of unity but genuine unity. With the rise of the Sith and the Imperials, there may not be a better time for it."

"Not Silver, not Old Republic, not New, but Jedi. Just Jedi, all as one."

Well, at least it is a sincere wish.

Trenor was a lot of things, but he was never one to mince words, nor was he ever one to tell an untruth. Which is something that Vanagor could respect, it was not easy to be around people who could not handle an honest opinion but that makes what you have to say that much more important. The big man understood this, not everyone did. One thing he could give him credit for was that it was well thought out, and actually quite wise for his age.

You make a fantastic point. How do you think we should go about it getting more support for this? When I was Knighted, there was one Order, but there were also splinter Enclaves, like the Silver Order and the Green Jedi. Do you believe that a balance could be found?

The question was genuine, Caltin had his thoughts on the matter, but it was worth hearing what another had to say on the possible subject of one true Jedi Order again.

Sanctuary Island

"If people set aside their stubborness, yes." He answered plainly, full of conviction. "It's all that it is."

The division between the Jedi Orders, as odd as the plural to such a term sounded in his head, had been so full of needless and mindless arrogance from those that are sworn to never feel such a thing. It bothered Corin to no end, biases and all included. He was never free of them - only a boy with simpler thoughts, but maybe the solution was that simple. He liked to think as much.

"The Silver Jedi have become this... obscure, unknown piece of the board. Their lessons are not so different to that of the Jedi on Coruscant, and yet only a few members of the Silvers show their faces in defence against the Sith and the Imperials. It's time to admit the reality of our situation, and that one unified Order will best serve us all. The Silver Jedi Order should combine itself with the New Jedi Order, become one. Even at the cost of their territories being stamped with their name, and their own self-determined rules."

He huffed with some bout of amusement, "It's time we wake up. Set those differences aside and make the right call. For all of us, for the galaxy."

“Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” - Helen Keller

Okay.

There was the “Silvers need to quit and join the NJO” quip, only this time there was no glimmer of arrogance behind it. He really did believe in the words that he was saying before in the Ethics class that they were all in. At least it showed his conviction and honesty and the big man could respect that. It was not that simple unfortunately, especially since there were indeed so many biases.

This was no one’s fault, it is just the way things were unfortunately.

I can respect that.

Nodding his head, and hands on his hips, he wondered out loud.

It might be difficult to get both sides to the table and talk about this. After all, there are bound to be those who feel that the New Jedi Order should disband and be enveloped by the Silver Jedi… just conversationally speaking.

Looking up, he wondered.

It might take some of the NJO to do what some of the Silvers are doing and showing up when a call is made for help.

There was no malice or attempt at manipulation there. Vanagor was only brainstorming, but he knew what many of them had thought and could see things going this way until or unless someone decides to get over themselves and do the right thing, regardless of what it is.

I’d be willing to do some convincing and talk to people if you are. Maybe do some changes from within? You know, changes for the better? Get them to see “the other side” and maybe get the idea for themselves without us even having to say much else?

Now he was not asking as a Master to a Padawan, but as one Jedi to another.

Sanctuary Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom