Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Along the Water Lilies

VVVDHjr.png

ARTIFICER + JEDI
DAGOBAH

Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

OfD01EH.png

zvZN8Kg.png
Sometime after Kirdo, someone was finally getting that talk that had been promised to them. Mishel needed Cailen to understand that running off ahead like that could have severe consequences. It was important to stay with the group and most especially with masters that could look after young padawans. While he had performed admirably, she still wouldn't have wanted him to get hurt or faced a situation that would have been beyond his years. More often than not, Mishel had split off from her masters whether they were Ren or Jedi, and ended up in many situations she shouldn't have. Even so, Mishel didn't want Cailen to feel disheartened and she didn't want to come across as harsh on him either. Maybe this was why she had put off taking on a padawan for so long.

But, Valery Noble Valery Noble was right, if there was ever a time to train padawans in peace, it was now. The war was over and as the dust settled it seemed most of the foes faced in the war had been vanquished, more or less. Thus, Mishel patiently waited for the young padawan, and as she did so the Tygaran thought about perhaps training for a little bit and maybe at some point introducing him to her sister Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed so that some more suitable provisions can be made. Such as providing Cailen with something of an allowance, for instance. There at the Temple's Gardens, she sat in meditation, her mind also wandered to the idea of revisiting the world of Monastery. For now, the Jedi Master simply meditated on the Force whilst awaiting the padawan's arrival.

y49uGZS.png

FWl8Viq.png

“Master Kryze?” Cailen said softly from the garden entry. He couldn’t see her from here, through the shrubs and plants that filled the chamber, but knew she was there.

“It’s Cailen- Padawan Corso,” he corrected.

His boots padded softly against the mossy cobbles, sending tiny ripples across the shallow puddles of water that collected in the dips. It always amazed him just how much care and attention went into the gardens. Keeping the plants alive was one thing, but nurturing them in such a way that they resonate the Force itself… it was truly special.

As Cailen rounded the next bend, his eyes fell upon Mishel. Noting that she was meditating, he chose to approach quietly and join her. He crossed his legs, sitting opposite her, and closed his eyes. The soft scent of greenery filled his nose as he inhaled.

On the outside, he was calm, but he wondered why Master Kryze wished to speak with him privately. If he had to guess, it was about what happened on Kirdo III. He continued his mindfulness exercises, though, not letting his mind wander too far.

Tags: Mishel Mishel

VVVDHjr.png

ARTIFICER + JEDI
DAGOBAH

OfD01EH.png

Mishel inwardly concealed her smile as she heard Cailen enter the gardens. Once he had settled beside her into meditation, she quietly spoke, "well met Padawan Corso," a moment later with a less formal tone, "Cailen." She didn't want to address it right out of the gate but they both knew that had been the primary reason for his being summoned there. So she broke her meditation and waited for him. She looked down at her hand and while it was organic now, there was a time when it hadn't been. When it was an inorganic, cybernetic prosthetic created for her after a Ssi-Ruuk on G'Rho snapped her hand off then she went the step further and cauterized the wound with her own lightsaber. Being a Knight of Ren wasn't her best time, but that had been the result of her running off ahead of her Master.

When Cailen was ready she turned to face him and calmly said with a smile, "I'm just going to get this out of the way now so we can train and have fun later." Began Mishel who then went on to explain, "your work on Kirdo was great, except... Running off on your own." She added for a bit of praise first, "you did well in making sure the guards would not be a problem as he helped the indigenous people there. However," Mishel kept her focus on him and her voice calm, with an even tone. "Running off on your own, without backup let alone a master can get you into situations you're not ready for."

"And yes, I often ran off ahead of my own master and it landed me in a lot of trouble. Trouble, I don't want you to get into."
A soft sigh escaped Mishel momentarily, "and I say this not just because of trouble, but because that trouble often comes with its own price." One mission landed Mishel in captivity, captured and tortured by Darth Carnifex for two years. He broke her in those two years and she was sent back like a ticking time bomb to her old master. In those days she had yet to reconcile her dark side with her light and often fought it. "You can ask me if you'd like me to provide you with an example of what can happen. Although, I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen to you."

The last thing she needed was Valery Noble Valery Noble coming down on her for allowing harm to come to Cailen.

y49uGZS.png

FWl8Viq.png

Cailen nodded as he listened, the corners of his lips tilting up or down as he processed both her praise and the lessons that accompanied him. He knew they were important, and unlike most Padawans his age, he did truly understand the necessity of their debriefing.

He wanted to be the best Padawan he could be, and that meant listening.

Mishel didn’t need his justification for the rashness he displayed on Kirdo, but he wanted her to know that it wasn’t at all a typical behavior of his. Kirdo was different. He was different. Valery Noble Valery Noble had taught him well to be mindful of his feelings, but also of risks taken in the field - he regretted not exemplifying that better.

“I wanted to prove myself, to you and Master Kurayami,” he said, then sheepishly confessed, “and I guess I wanted to prove something to myself, too…”

Prove that he wasn’t the same little kid that ran away from bullies on Anaxes. That he wasn’t the ‘spineless waste’ that the demon on Ravaath claimed he was. He wondered what Master Kryze wanted to prove.

“I- I’d like to hear it, Master,” he said, curiosity rising in his voice. He tilted his head slightly as he regarded her wisdom.

Tags: Mishel Mishel

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png

ARTIFICER + JEDI
DAGOBAH

OfD01EH.png

Mishel knew what it was like to want to prove yourself. "You've nothing to prove to me or Master Kurayami," clarified Mishel who felt that that was important, "you are loved and accepted for who you are." There was then a pause as Mishel exhaled and added, "I am here to help you grow, train you, and have you ready for whatever might come your way." As far as proving something to one's self that in and of itself was always a challenge. "As far as proving something to yourself... I am curious as to what it was." Because if had gone all wrong, she wanted to know exactly why he put himself in danger in such a manner. Mostly so she could help him resolve whatever the issue was.

"Ah well," began Mishel, and then with a smile began, "I shall preface this story with the fact that long before I became a Jedi. I had been a Knight of Ren, which is a story in itself, but that's not the point here. As an acolyte in those days, I too had a habit of running off. My masters were often frustrated with me because of this habit, coupled with my inability to listen to anyone." Mishel sighed and ran a hand through her own hair. "I was an arrogant little thing then and often thought I was invincible. I was a Forceborn, chosen by Seiger, so on one particular mission on G'Rho."

"We were to clear out several Ssi-Ruuk holdings, make way for the First Order's troops to land, and claim the system for themselves... "
Mishel's voice lingered and then she pressed forward. Absent-mindedly her left hand held her right wrist. "I had been paired with my Master and another set of Ren. We were fairly deep into one holdout. I had not only left my Master's side but pressed deeper and deeper into the base without any backup. None of my brothers or sisters of Ren. I became reckless."

Her focus on Cailen remained, although her gaze had softened, "it came to a point where I found myself surrounded and while I had done my best to hold them off. I lost a hand as a result of my recklessness. I can still remember the jaw of that Ssi-Ruuk as it clamped onto my hand and then proceeded to rip it off my wrist."

"And I tell you this story, Cailen. Because, while you are a good padawan, and a good Jedi. Running off alone, without backup can have consequences. While I do not believe we will be running into any Ssi-Ruuvi at any point in time, the moral is - to stay with the group. There is safety in numbers, do not go off on your own, unless absolutely necessary, and even then do consider what can happen. Perhaps it's not an arm you lose, perhaps it's a leg, an eye... Each cybernetic replacement means a loss of connection in some way with the Force, however small."

Mishel had to dig deeper into feelings that made her exhausted back then. As a Knight of Ren, she relied heavily on her anger, and her hatred of others, and it was just exhausting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom