Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alone Amongst the Crowd

s0mMAw8.gif
Faction: Silver Jedi Order​
This is just so I can get some story in with my padawan. She already had a master willing to teach her, this is just some backstory for the fun of it. If you would like to join the story and help me add to it, please message me I am open to other writers who want to have some fun.
EbuFThf.png
The cyan blade flashed back and forth as the twelve year old practiced the forms the training masters of the Silver Jedi Order had given her. Skylar never understood why she had never been chosen to be a padawan after the initiate trials.Yes, she had been chosen to take the trials early as she had excelled greatly at an early age, but her training had been slowed after the trials had been completed. All the masters had told her when she asked about it was "Patience young one." and "Your time will come.". But two years had passed and she was still stuck at the temple doing chores, attending classes, and practicing by herself and the occasional padawan who needed someone to practice with.

Skylar reflected on her progress as she stepped through the stances of Makashi, her favorite form. The movements reminded her of a stream, flowing back and forth from one stance to the next; unlike Shii-Cho, which to her felt like she was just waving her lightsaber around haphazardly. She may be young compared to many of the Jedi at the Temple, but she would learn and master the forms to the best of her ability, master or no.

USrQCbW.png

A couple hours later Skylar was sitting upon a small boulder outside of the training grounds, attempting to meditate, but failing horribly. The sunlight, which played amongst the leaves of the great wroshyr trees had slipped through the canopy and kissed her face. He closed eyelids fluttered open and she mockingly scowled at the trees above her, "You couldn't keep from distracting me for five minutes?" she asked to nobody in particular.

She slid down the rock and walked around for a minute before turning back to Silver Rest, the Jedi Temple, "Oh well, better go do my chores." It didn't take her long to get back to the temple, there she met up with a group of younglings with the same idea in mind. The chores weren't hard, quite easy in fact, which was why Skylar never complained while doing them, but what she really wanted was to become a padawan and learn alongside a Jedi Master or Jedi Knight.

USrQCbW.png

The sun was setting in the distance when Skylar reached her bed, the rest of her day had been filled with classes, ranging from first aid to writing. Skylar sat on her bed side and picked up the holo picture on her nightstand and activated the projector, a bust of a man displayed itself: an athletic medium set man with a military style haircut, looked back at her, a small smile spread across a stubble covered chin. The man that smiled at her was her father Dain Vikaar, a Morellian bounty hunter.

Since he had left her with the Jedi, he had not returned to visit, but she would one day find him, because she knew he loved her. She knew he loved her because he wouldn't have left her his picture otherwise. She knew that was his way of saying, "I love you little one, come find me when you're old enough." She had made up countless stories about the adventures he must be having, fighting the Sith with his blasters. Defeating both beast and man waiting for his little girl to grow up, become a mighty Jedi and join him. And with those happy thoughts Skylar layed the picture on the nightstand next to her bed and fell asleep watching his head and shoulders rotate in a clockwise motion.

9y5iFNb.png

EbuFThf.png

Skylar practiced her stances daily as she wanted to beat her friend in a duel when he visited the temple again. Kobi had been her best friend ever since she had been brought to be a Jedi. Kobi was a few years older than she was and therefore looked up to him like he was the bigger brother she never had. Everything he did she wanted to do, when he had completed the trials she had pleaded to take them until she was finally allowed to. He had always been better attuned to the Force than she was, but she was more skilled at blade work, even for her age.

She continued stepping through the paces until sweat began to drip down her brow, the air was cool, but the surrounding jungle kept whatever warmth of the sun in the area. Finishing her final slash Skylar brought her blade up for a salute as if she had been in a friendly duel with someone. Releasing the ignition switch the twelve-year old returned her lightsaber to her belt and began her walk toward the rock that she meditated daily on. She hoped that her boring routinely life would change, but she knew that she had to continue on and train in order to become a great Jedi.

Sitting down upon her rock Skylar crossed her legs and placed her hands upon her knees, "Ok, let's do this." she said quietly as she breathed out. Slowly breathing back in she closed her eyes and started to clear her mind of any distractions. Her sight from behind her eyelids melded from black to grey to white as she felt the Force flow through her like water. She wouldn't let anything distract her from her meditations this time.

D8aQoPL.png

LFxal4M.png

Kirwin stepped off of the ramp to his Firespray 31 Class star ship. With the completion of his last humanitarian mission to the outer rim he was due for some rest at the Temple of Silver Rest. The impending report to the Silver Assembly would most likely be a boring one, but it had to be done. He greatly disliked talking to the Assembly due to his past, he always felt like he was being judged and watched for any sudden movements or changes. But he couldn't blame them for their caution, he would have been just as cautious as they were being. Kirwin shook his head, he needed to think of the task at hand. not his past. He walked toward the main building to inform the Assembly of his mission's success. As he passed by the training grounds he saw a young girl, most likely no more than twelve, stepping through her stances all by herself. Some other Jedi dueled not so far off, sabers flashing this way and that, each attempting to tag the other with the blade. He nodded and limped toward the Temple, time for the report.
LFxal4M.png
About an hour later Kirwin found himself back in the training courtyard, more Jedi were dueling, others walking through stances with each other or a master. But the girl wasn't there, "She must have finished her training and gone off to eat. Not a bad idea, but I wouldn't mind a quick walk in the jungle." he said to himself heading toward the massive treeline. The trees brought him peace somehow, their strong and sturdy trunks holding up their massive green crowns in display for all to see. The trees seemed immortal, the youngest had to be thousands of years old, maybe hundreds of thousands, with how big their trunks were. Along his walk Kirwin stopped next to a rock and sat down, he rubbed his right knee, an old wound that was a reminder of his folly as a young Jedi knight. "Those were dark times." He mumbled to himself, he looked up and glanced the girl he had watched earlier sitting upon a rock seemingly meditating. Kirwin thought it was strange that a padawan would be allowed to meditate anywhere except the meditation chamber. He sat there watching her, he dirty blonde hair blowing lightly in the soft breeze. He figured he would watch over her as they were a short distance from the Temple and more than shouting distance should anything bad happen. Not that there was anything that would, Silver Rest had been a place of peace for a long time, and nothing was going to change that.

EbuFThf.png
Skylar's eyes fluttered open once she realized someone was behind her, she quickly jumped down from the rock she was sitting upon and spun to face the person. When she realized it was an older Jedi, maybe late twenties early thirties, she bowed her head, "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have left the Temple grounds." This wasn't the first time a Jedi Master had found her out here and not with the other Younglings. The first time came with a warning while the last time she had been subject to close watch for a week before they allowed her a little more freedom, not that she wasn't allowed to explore, but she was supposed to let a Knight or Master know where she was going if she left Temple grounds.

"I'll return right away." She said as she began a brisk walk back toward Silver Rest. She hoped her punishment wasn't too severe, a couple of the masters didn't take kindly to breaking the rules. The young Jedi spotted a flower and leaned down to pick it as she began her walk back and sniffed it. The aroma helped settle her mind a little about her potential berating.

LFxal4M.png

"Wait child, there is no need to worry. I won't tell on you." Kirwin said in a calm voice as the young girl apologized and started to leave. He raised his right hand and smiled at her, "Stay, and chat with me a while. I don't often get a chance to talk to the younger generation of Jedi." He offered, hoping she would stay and talk. It was true, ever since he had told the council he never wanted a padawan he had stayed away from the youngling training sector of the Temple. He felt like he wasn't ready to train, nor in any position to train. "My name is Kirwin. Tell me child, what is your name? I see you aren't a knight yet, by your age, but neither are you a padawan from the lack of your braid. What might a youngling be doing out here without the supervision of a Knight or Master?" Kirwin mused out loud in a shot of conversation.

Kirwin sat upon a log, he wasn't old by any means, merely in his early thirties, but sometimes it felt like he had lived a millennia. He say upon the the mossy log expecting a response from the girl before him, but he also fully expected her to turn tail and dash to the Temple.The vibrant greens of the forest soothed Kirwin's being as he basked in the wonders of the giant forest. He reached out with the Force and felt the life around him, a couple of beetles scurried under the log he sat upon, the immense trees standing majestically overhead exuded power of an uncorruptable kind, he kind that was given, not taken. The Jedi Knight had dealt with power before, but it was a form of corrupt power and it led down a dark path. So the power he felt from the great trees around him was like a breath of fresh air to his soul.

EbuFThf.png

Skylar stopped mid-step as the older Jedi beckoned her to stay, "So I'm not in trouble?" she thought to herself. Not only was she not in trouble but he wanted to talk with her. "I'm Skylar, Skylar Vikaar." She said with a smile, even though the mention of not being a padawan slightly hurt her. "I am just a Youngling, I passed the Initiate Trials, but was not chosen to be a Padawan. Not yet at least!" she said with a sliver of hope. She leaned up against the rock she had been sitting upon earlier, "I like to come out here and meditate. The meditation chambers are too quiet and I get easily distracted in there. Out here I get less distracted, but I can meditate better out here." Skylar explained to the Jedi Knight who now sat before her, "I am old enough to be a Padawan, so I think I am old enough to be unsupervised from time to time." she knew she was stepping over the line with the last statement, and she had no idea why she was telling him this.

"I want a Master to train me to be a better Jedi. The Masters here train multiple Younglings at the same time and I don't feel like my training is going anywhere." she complained, "Would you be willing to train me?!?" the idea popped into her head almost as soon as she had stopped her previous sentence. She pushed off of the rock and leaned slightly forward in anticipation of a positive answer. It all made logical sense to her, she was eligible to be a Padawan, he was a Knight meaning he could legitimately train her in the eyes of the council. If he agreed she would finally get her wish to be a Padawan and continue her training. She didn't even want to entertain the alternate option, even though it wouldn't change anything if he said no.

LFxal4M.png
The question caught him off-guard, but he kept his face from showing any sign of surprise in front of the young girl. Kirwin raised his right hand to his face and stroked his close-cropped beard thinking about what Skylar had just asked him to do. The hope he saw spark in this young Jedi's eyes told him to say 'yes' and ask the council for a chance. But he had also told the council he would never take on a Padawan, not only that he had vowed not to. He closed his eyes for a second, the cold jet black fingers continued rubbing his chin as he fought internally. "I... I will think on it, young one. I will not make a hasty decision now." was what finally left his lips after he opened his eyes.

Standing up Kirwin reached a hand out to Skylar, "Come, let us walk for a little. We can talk some more, get to know each other." he smiled at the girl before him, her blue green eyes staring up at him. The sight made him wonder what his life could have been like had he not joined the Jedi when he was young. Would he have had a family? Maybe a daughter like her? Would his past be full of pain and sorrow like it is now? Or would it have been a happy peaceful past? The questions flew through his head as he waited for the young girl to accept his offer.

Vitaara Oduro

V

w5YBtHU.png

“She’s got much to lunch and her pride seems troublesome at times,” echoed the words of one of the Masters that kept to the temple here, with a focus on the studies of the younglings. “But she has a good heart and a will to succeed.” The words came across to Vitaara’s ears, words that seemed all too familiar to the Mirialan. “She’ll be off to the Jedi Service Corps shortly, I believe. Pass her initiate trials but in the time since has failed to secure the favor of a Master or Knight soon.” She sighed softly and clutched her hands in front of her, eyes raised to meet those of Vitaara. Even with as direct and forthcoming as her words were, she didn’t much care to have to send younglings to such assignments - especially ones that had already passed their initiate trials as Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar had done.

“Ever since Kobi left when Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe took the lad on as an apprentice, she’s pushed herself and pushed herself, desperate to find a Master of her own to take them under their wing.”

“Was I so different?” The words came softly from Vitaara’s lips, a bright smile forming there after. “I recall very similar context being used to describe me when I was still yet a youngling.” She gave a soft laugh, her gaze now seeming to move past the woman in front of her for a moment only to resettle on the Temple Master once more. “And I turned out okay, didn’t I?”

It was true.

Back when Vitaara was still yet a youngling, she too had passed her initiate trials and failed to impress a master or knight of the Jedi Order enough to take her under their wing. And inside, she’d felt that she’d been a failure for some time because of it. Beyond that, her execution of various lightsaber techniques had surpassed those of her peers, but still no Master nor Knight had seen it in themselves to take her under their wing either. She even felt slighted somewhat by the fact her peers were finding themselves free of the Temple grounds while she, herself remained bound to them. Certainly a different Jedi then, than the one she was now. Less control over her emotions was a huge detractor for her then. And now she was much more mature. Her emotions were in her control and she truly felt she exemplified her role as a Guardian of the Jedi Order, even if it was not always directly tied to the Silver Jedi Order that called Kashyyyk their home.

“You are a Jedi through and through, Vitaara. No one can deny that. But there are exceptions from time to time, even though we may not wish there to be.” The Master Jedi said, her words trying to fuel reason and objectiveness in what way they could. “You, yourself, serve as proof that the Force has a will of its own as your name had already been assigned to the Service Corps just before Master Shae Lan took you to be an apprentice of her own. It is our duty to understand the Force’s will and in turn preserve it.”

Vitaara shifted slightly before speaking once more. “Perhaps it is the Force that has guided me here today. Moved me with a desire to take on an apprentice of my own. Let us trust in the Force today, that it guides us in our every move and every decision.” She paused momentarily. “With your permission, I’ll see my way to the training grounds, Master Riahdt. Thank you.”

With that, she bowed, a motion mirrored by the Temple Master, and started her way into the temple.

Faction: Silver Jedi Order

SBD5Bui.png

The Knight’s answer to her hopeful question was not what she had hoped for, but it left a small ray of sunshine to look at. Skylar took Kirwin’s hand, rough but gentle to the touch. ‘What is his story?’ she wondered to herself looking at his black cybernetic hand as they walked under the foliage toward Silver Rest. “What will happen if a master is unwilling to train me? Will I be sent away from the Jedi Order?” she asked, a little disheartened by the vague answer given by Kirwin. She walked in silence, waiting for any answers before, “I-is everything going to be okay?” She asked starting to feel a little worried, the man appeared to be thinking about something but she couldn’t answer that question for herself. Since her parents had brought her to the Order to be trained all she had known was this life, she didn’t want it to end up being a failure.

She realized that she was starting to let her emotions stray from a clear train of thought and closed her eyes for a second while taking in a couple of deep breaths and letting them out slowly. She also realized she had lost her grip on his hand but wasn’t sure if Knight Kirwin had noticed it as her eyes were currently closed. Waiting one more second, and a breath later she opened her eyes to the bright but deep greens and browns of the forest around her, “Everything will be fine.” She told herself, not giving Kirwin a chance to answer her previous questions, “The Force works in mysterious ways.” The feeling of calm washed over her like a gentle stream that filled her with tranquility. She was no longer worried for the time being of her future, she just wanted to live in the present.

“I’m ready to return to the Temple. But if you're willing, could you tell me about your arm?”

Tag: Vitaara Oduro
LFxal4M.png
Kirwin had been lost in thought about lives that could not be when a question broke through the fog in his mind. The worry in the words made him look down at the blonde child staring up at him, she looked close to tears before she shut her eyes. In a soft low voice, he said, “Everything will be fine, child. The Order will not abandon you.” Mere seconds after saying that Skylar made a one-eighty turn in emotion after closing her eyes. Then came a request for a piece of history that made Kirwin pause in their walk for a second before continuing. Raising his black metal hand he looked at it as if looking at an old book, turning his palm away from and back to face him.

“This old thing?” he chuckled, the arm wasn’t that old, maybe two, three years. “This was a product of the dark side. Not the arm itself, but rather the loss of the original.” He lowered his arm, “It happened not too long after I had become a knight in a different Jedi Order. Before you ask, yes there are other Orders who teach other ways to follow the Force. The Silver Jedi Order is not the only one.” He looked down at her again with a grin on his face that melted away slightly, “Not only had I recently become a knight, but shortly after I had committed a crime terrible enough to get me expelled from that order. I fell sway to the Dark Side of the Force, and attacked my master based on the lies that had clouded my mind.” Kirwin turned his gaze to the path that led back to the Temple, “After a time of giving in to my rage, and without guidance, I slowly realized what I had done and sought to atone for my sins. I was found by an old Jedi Master; he saw the good that was once in my being and believed he could guide me back to the Light of the Force.”

Kirwin continued as they drew near the entrance of the Temple grounds, “We traveled together for a bit. I, his apprentice, and he, my master. My training was progressing well, until one mission where we were attacked by the Sith.” He clenched his cybernetic fist tightly as he recalled this painful memory. The loss was an old wound that refused to heal, but if the story would keep others from his fate, he would endure the pain. “My master was killed by one of the Sith, and the loss drove me to madness. I killed the other Sith lord but was captured and tortured by my master’s murderer. My weak will was eventually broken and I became his apprentice. His first lesson for me was: Pain, and how to make use of it. He removed my arm with my very own lightsaber and had a cheap prosthetic attached without the use of a sedative. I was made to endure every pain and agony for a simple lesson on harnessing emotion to make myself more powerful.”

The Jedi Knight believed he had spoken enough of pain and gloom for one day, “I eventually broke free of my apprenticeship under the Sith and was set on my current path of Light reclamation and redemption in service to the Silver Jedi Order.” As he wrapped up his story, he looked about them and realized they had made their way to the training grounds of the Temple. “Well then, it looks like we have safely made it back to the training grounds young Skylar. I hope I didn’t scare you with my tale. Just remember these: the lure to the Dark Side is great. And the chance for power comes at a great cost.”

Last edited:

Vitaara Oduro

V
The temple here was not foreign to the young Jedi Knight, however, it had been many years since she had made the trip. In fact, it wouldn’t be unbecoming for one to question whether or not she’d spent any considerable time here at all. Even to her, many of the Masters’ and fellow Knights’ face were new and unexplored. Needing to, at some point, be met with a proper introduction. But . . . that time was not now. There were other avenues to explore and things that trounced around her mind holding a greater importance. In fact, it had been because of Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe , a fellow knight of the order, that she was even here in the first place. It was after confiding in her, that she’d gathered the resolve to return to this place at all, much less seek out an apprentice of her own. But Vitaara had seen the effects of what having an apprentice had done for Asaraa and had it had allowed her to grow as a Jedi while also passing on her own knowledge and life experiences into the next generation that was to stand tall and defend the galaxy from evil and tyranny.

To be a Guardian of Peace in this chaotic, yet vibrant galaxy they all had the fortune of calling their home.

Around here, younglings hurried down the halls of the temple in makeshift herds, offering her their bows and acknowledgements, as was custom for one passing by another Jedi of higher rank or prestige. The groups zipped around to their classes and training sessions, set upon learning all they could so that they could one day fill the shoes she wore at present. To be Knights and Masters of the Jedi Order in their own right.

But it was not these training sessions that the Force seemed to call the young Mirialan toward. Not the studies of the Force. Nor the chambers meant to provide an escape into meditation. Not even the archives of Silver Rest called out to her. Instead, it seemed the Force was pulling her in a direction which reminisced with her very own past. Where she had often found herself prior to her being taken on as an apprentice and padawan learner. It was the courtyard that was calling. A place of the temple she could still visualize in great detail in her mind as she thought back on her very own time here.

As she reached the courtyard, her eyes fell upon a few of the younglings that had assembled here doing their various tasks. Some working their cardio and conditioning, while others applied various techniques of the Force, find the distractions offered in such a place good for their training in being able to center their minds. After all, life away from the temple was surely not so serene as it was within its walls. There was even the occasional youngling running through various techniques with their training lightsabers, the blades flashing in this direction and that. But none drew her eye. They were too young to be taken as apprentices for the most part, and she wasn’t planning to try and sway the will of the Masters here to allow her to break certain rules and customs.

So instead, she gazed out over the courtyard, hoping that there would be someone to catch her eye eventually.

Vitaara Oduro | Kirwin Hass Kirwin Hass | Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe | Kobi Fesser

SBD5Bui.png

As Kirwin spun his tale of pain, loss, grief, and a final redemption Skylar listened intently as she imagined this man going through all of that. Before she knew it, they had arrived at the training grounds, and they were busy. She turned to look up at the Knight as he finished his story and gave her a warning, she was sure she had heard more than once in the Temple, but she was respectful and bowed slightly, “You didn’t frighten me, Knight Kirwin. Thank you for telling me your past so that I might learn from it.” She stood up straight once more and looked about the training grounds, “I know you said you didn’t know if you wanted a padawan to train, but…” she paused for a second trying to figure how to word her question, “Would you be willing to help me train with my lightsaber? The other younglings aren’t as good as I am and the Masters are always busy with them.” she finally asked. Skylar didn’t look up at him, but instead at the ground bracing for the rejection that she was sure would come from the Jedi Knight standing next to her.

Proximity Tag: Vitaara Oduro | Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar
LFxal4M.png
Kirwin was glad to hear his tale of his past was non-frightening to the youngling. But this girl was full of requests, “You’re right. I haven’t decided if I will take you on as a Padawan yet. But I will help you train today.” He said as he placed a hand on Skylar’s shoulder, “You can borrow half of my saber. You have said you are better than the other Younglings here. So, I am not worried about getting hurt by you.” Kirwin unclipped his saber staff hilt from his belt and with a quick twist-click, the lightsaber separated into two parts: A two-handed single-bladed lightsaber and a single-handed shotosaber.

“These are ‘Redemption’, they are a combination of my lightsabers when I was a Dark Jedi. I kept them and remade them to remind me that everyone can change. When seated together they cannot both ignite to show that we must lean on others at times to get us through our hardships. When separated they work fine but show that even though you are apart from your friends and family, you can always keep going through any hardship. Here.” The Jedi Knight said as he handed her the lightsaber and kept the shoto for himself. He did this to give her full advantage in their training exercise that he had planned.

“Now, get a feel for the lightsaber. It is not your standard training saber, it will be slightly heavier, but still light as it is still a lightsaber. You must always be ready for change. Never be rooted to one point in time or one point on the battlefield.” He instructed once Skylar took the saber from his hands. Once she looked ready to begin Kirwin held his cybernetic hand out with the shoto in hand, pointed skyward. A simple switch press later and the familiar snap-hiss of the blade followed by the low thrum showed a two-foot white blade.

“Your goal for this training is to get past my guard and touch my chest with your hand. Do not worry about hurting me, I will also keep you from harm, but remember: a real enemy will not be so forgiving. Make sure you keep yourself protected. Let us begin.” Kirwin said in a commanding voice, before falling into a simple Form I ready stance.

Vitaara Oduro | Kirwin Hass Kirwin Hass | Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe | Kobi Fesser
SBD5Bui.png

Skylar looked up in surprise when the knight put his hand on her shoulder, she had been almost certain he would say ‘no’. The confusion in her face was apparent when he said ‘half of his saber’ until he revealed that it was actually two sabers combined into one. After taking Kirwin’s saber in her hands she switched between two hands and one hand to try to figure out how she would wield it. She only partially listened to the knight as he instructed her on her objective as she was distracted by the make of the lightsaber hilt. Skylar was drawn back to her current circumstance when Kirwin ignited his shotosaber, instinctually the padawan ignited the saber in her hands in response to the sound. The white blade sprang forth with a snap-hiss and resonated at a lower hum than the shoto.

"I'm ready."

The objective was set and the parameters laid out before her, she just had to touch his chest. Easy right? Just move his saber out of the way, get in close and touch his chest. She figured she would start with a combo that always sent the other padawans on a quick defense. Skylar pulled her hilt back and started with a lunge toward Kirwin’s left leg, followed by a couple of jabs, finishing with a slash across his chest to try and knock his blade out of her way. If she were successful with her final slash, she would be able to easily accomplish her goal.

Tag: Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar
LFxal4M.png

The aggression the padawan exuded was expected by the knight as he sidestepped the low cut toward his leg and quickly blocked each jab. Her final blow would meet with solid resistance as Kirwin planted the shoto saber in the way of her saber. “Not a thought before rushing in? Just accomplish your goal and prove your worth?” he questioned looking down at the youth before him. He wasn’t trying to mock her; he was trying to point out the strategy that she was using was extremely obvious and quite simply one he had used during this drill with his master.

If it weren’t for the long blonde hair and bright blue eyes, he would have sworn he was fighting himself from the past. The determination in her eyes, the need to prove herself worthy to her peers and her betters. He nudged her blade away from the lock and patiently waited for her next attack.

Although his face was calm, he toiled on the inside on whether he should or shouldn’t train her. On one hand, he had promised himself he would never take a padawan should the future hold for them what happened in his past. And the other hand was the simple argument that he could help her become more than she was, more than he could ever be; and he could keep her from that future of darkness.

Whichever side won the argument within his head would have to be decided by the time the young padawan before him either succeded or gave up in the frustration of her goal.

Kirwin Hass Kirwin Hass
SBD5Bui.png

To say she grew more frustrated each time her lightsaber was blocked without fault was an understatement. Each cut, each jab, every slice was either blocked by a solid defense or deftly dodged by the Knight. Every time she came close to touching him with her hand he was just out of reach.

The dual continued on this way for another fifteen minutes as her frustration mounted. She soon began to realize that this was meant to be an impossible task. And that realization started to burn doubt and hopelessness into her heart and mind, 'Why was he toying with her? Did he really not want to train her to be a better Jedi? Was she not meant to be a Jedi of the Silver Order? Was this all a cruel joke and her father left her here because he didn’t want her either?'

Finally, her lightsaber stopped swinging and was held limply at her side as she breathed heavily, the dual had gone on for nearly thirty minutes now and she hadn’t let up on her assault once. She tried to lift her arm to touch Kirwin, but it wouldn't respond to her commands. Finally, Skylar pressed the ignition switch on the saber and the low rhythmic hum ceased to be, “I don’t understand. Why would you raise my hopes of finally being properly trained and not even give me a chance?” She asked once she had caught her breath as she looked down at her feet.

Defeat left a sour taste in her mouth

Skylar Vikaar Skylar Vikaar

LFxal4M.png

The knight was greatly impressed by her stamina, not having relented once in her attempt to complete the training regimen. She had made it further than he had on his first attempt with his master, “Well done. I never said you failed.” He started his reply carefully, he had finally made up his mind during the last half hour of training, “I didn’t raise your hopes to crush them before your eyes. I was testing you to see how far you have come and where I should start with your training.”

He looked at the top of her golden head, “You won’t ever succeed at a task if you find it impossible. If you believe you can overcome it you will eventually find a way. Yes, I did make your task impossible for you. But one day you will accomplish this goal, just as I did with my master.” He placed his metallic hand on her shoulder, “Skylar Vikaar, I will train you to be a mighty Jedi Knight.” Kirwin could feel the tension emanating from the youngling as he said her name, then the release of a wave of relief when he finished his statement.

Today he broke his oath to never take on an apprentice.

Today he started the journey to raise a young Jedi to not fail where he failed.

Today he started teaching the ways of the Force, not just the Light, but also the Dark, and the good and bad impact both can do on the galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom