Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alliance Stands - Defense of L-49

This is the internal planning thread for our upcoming invasion with the First Order, public OOC thread is HERE. This is an empty hex, so its looking like it will be devoted to fleet/space action, but don't let that discourage you if you're not a fleeter! There is plenty of stuff to do for non-spacey types in these kinds of invasions. Join boarding parties, help fleeing refugees, attempt diplomacy, sabotage the enemy, use your imagination!

I'll be participating in this thread for sure, with Zark, my Merchant Fleet smuggler, and less often with my Sullustan politician as Natasi and I write out the continuation of our little storyline. Anyone who wants to join me in blockade running antics on Kingsley is more than welcome to come along! I know we don't have as many Admiral types as we used to, but Rogue Squadron and freighter captains this is for sure your time to shine.

[member="Zark"]

I'll be making a GA pilot/officer character to help with fleeting as a GA member. Should have something whipped up by this weekend.

Collectively, the SJO will be focusing our efforts into this particular invasion in support of the GA. We'll have a good mix of fleeters, pilots, and boarders. At present we're working on assigning roles and developing our internal storylines to pursue, then I hope we can get together with the GA folks to make sure our plans mesh well. I'll provide updates over Discord.

I can bring a Tier 5 corporate fleet.

I can be a dogfighter in a light freighter.

I can be on a boarding team.

I can do story/diplomacy stuff.

Just tell me where you need me, and what's going to compliment the overall theme of what we want to tell from our side. From the last SJO invasion, the feedback we got was that the judges were looking at which faction as a whole told a comprehensive story.

Sor-Jan Xantha said:
the feedback we got was that the judges were looking at which faction as a whole told a comprehensive story.
The major strategy/focus we should have in L-49 should be on using the initial fleeting to weaken shields/external systems on the major ships, and allow boarders the opportunity to get aboard the capital ships. Once they're there, the boarders can work to do as much damage as possible internally, and force FO retreats.

It's hard to come up with much of a clear story for us right at this moment though since we are unsure what the FO's actual goals are, since there's no real territory planet/system-wise to fight over in this hex, and thus nothing for them to conquer. If it is indeed a 'blockade' then the focus should be on creating a big enough hole to get through, but we'll have to wait and see and establish our clear story when the invasion actually begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom