Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Alliance-class Star Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenium

Factory & Codex
xqRY5zS.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a fleet carrier.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Image Source: Just-Rube
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Some Durability — With its impervium armor plating and deflector shields, the Alliance-class can endure some direct enemy fire from another capital ship.
  • Great Carrier — With its large hangar bays and sweeping flight decks, this capital ship was built to carry a vast swarm of star fighters and support craft to battle.
  • Slave-Rigged — The Alliance-class has a slave circuit system installed which saves a significant amount of labor that would otherwise be necessary to run a capital ship of this size.
  • Rapid Launch — The catapult pressor system allows the Alliance to launch entire squadron of starfighters in rapid succession which opens up both hangar bays for landings, allowing the Alliance to rapidly deploy a cloud of starfighters, and nearly just as quickly retrieve theme.
WEAKNESSES
  • Limited Firepower — This capital ship was not equipped with enough weapon emplacements for it to engage in ship-to-ship combat. The Alliance-class was not intended to serve in the vanguard.
  • EMP Weapons — The Liberator-class does not have adequate resistance to natural phenomena or weapons that cause electrical disturbances.
  • Slave Rigged — Because this capital ship is slave rigged it’s more catastrophic when electrical disturbances occur. Slices is another potential risk that comes with a capital ship being slave rigged.
  • Hangar Bays — When the Alliance-class launches it’s starfighter complement, the Turadium blast doors are wide open, and the only thing separating the hangar from the vacuum of space are magnetic shields. These magnetic shields allow physical objects like starfighters and support craft to leave the hangar bay, but on the flipside, can also let concussion strikes in once the deflector shields are down.
  • Speed — The Alliance-class was equipped with engines that are adequate enough to move it forward but weren’t designed for pursuits of fast-moving vessels.
  • Maneuverability — The Alliance-class is unable to swerve away from fast moving objects, like an asteroid, or a suicidal run.
  • Starfighters — The Alliance-class does not have enough weapon emplacements that are capable of keeping up with and shooting down starfighters. Because of this, the Liberator-class is vulnerable to starfighter harassment and bomber runs.
  • Exposed Rear — The rear is the only area of the Alliance-class which lacks weaponry. The lack of weapon emplacements on the aft means the star defender is unable to directly respond to enemy harassment from starfighters. Corollary, it can’t respond to enemy fire from the direction of the aft at all.
MLWbcdR.png

DESCRIPTION
During the conflict between the Republic and the resurgent One Sith Empire, the Republican High Command didn’t prioritize new carriers. Because of this, the Federal Cooperative didn’t didn’t initiate any studies looking into the prospect of developing a carrier, initially. This changed midway through the war as the Republic lost swathes of territory. Losing the home advantage increased the need to ferry squadrons of starfighters across sectors. The design team would sketch-out a new carrier in record speeds, but ultimately it came too late. The Republic collapsed shortly after the design was finished, and along with other Federal Cooperative original designs associated with this period, it was shelved.

Decades later, the leadership at the Federal Cooperative would put the design into production in early 858. Two years later the first wave of Alliance-class star defenders would be completed, and launched.

9/9/2020 - Edited down the armaments according to a new personal formula I came-up with to be more consistent across my ship designs. Decreased the armaments by approx. 500 weapon emplacements.
9/11/2020 - Matched the Defense features of the Alliance-class with it's sister line, the Sentinel-class, and matched the Defense Rating.

Last edited:
We have a problem.

b5d486b01536298a32474abb6d6a4c64.png

The issue here is that your ship is 4km or 4000 meters. Issue is once you pass 2001 meters, it becomes automatically needing to be the Production of Limited. I know you built this ship uniquely in your own mindset so I am not going to judge any further until you decide what is required.

Basically put...if you want this to still be at 4000 KM, you need the Production at Limited.
Let me know when you make the changes.

Ingenium Ingenium

Ingenium

Factory & Codex
I missed that aspect!. It's even color-coded!

I've revised the production from Mass-Production to Limited. What follow-up steps should I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom