Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All your missiles are now belong to us! (Free Fleet/Open)

xiaohui-hu-22.jpg
0900 Hours; Standard Galactic
Militia Group B; S.S. Vulture
[member="Xin Boa"] - [member="Severan Meritus"] - [member="Riley Reese"] - [member="Delila Castillon"] - [member="Basulla Tularhen"] - [member="Aubrey Landcaster"]​
0JLO5Q8.png

Somewhere in the Meagaoplis Factory wastes of Balmorra a small team touched down. She found herself yet again trudging through muck, mire and heaps of scrap. This was a far cry from her normal job of fixing Hyperdrives and keeping the fleets engines running. No this was an errand Shadyra and their head Logistics chief Tarson Ordo had dreamed up.

As they walked they took swigs off flasks, joking and smoking. She had her helmet clipped to her belt, and trusty Outback Rifle slung on her shoulder.

"Come to Balmorra they said! It'll be a nice vacation!," One of the crew mocked.

She grinned and then lit a cigar with one hand as the wind blew through the putrid piles of scrap.

"Factory is just up ahead. Tons of warheads left over from the previous wars. Tarson thinks it'll resupply the Citadel until we get the S.S. AEGIS some scrap to make more."

A small Rodian grinned and held his arms out wide, before falling back into a pile of scrap, drunk as Bantha on blue milk.

"Why cant we just recycle all this junk! Look at it, there's mountains of it!"

The Bruiser with them clicked his Bothan snout.

"Because dimwit, if the Citadel or Aegis shows up this close to Mandalorian or Imperial scanners, they'll send an armada to end us."

She was about to reply when she felt something move. A small glint of black and glowing red eyes.

One hand reached back for the rifle, she became very sober, and her brown eyes squinted through the cigar haze.

"Did we leave a guard for the ship?"

"Yea?"

"Sure about that?"

"Yes."

She turned back, just in time to view a giant mechanical slug take a bite from the ship like it was a Muj Fruit. Even from 300 meters it looked amazing, but terrifying. Akin to a Star Destroyer crashing into a Skyscraper.

"Chiiiiiiiiiit. That'll hurt the budget."

Balmorra was fun. That's what they said. Blue milk run my ass....
0JLO5Q8.png
OOC: Welcome to our second thread folks. Go get the warheads or save the ship. I'll be throwing in surprises along the way! Watch out for metal parasites!
Try to tag only whom you interact with, so we don't blow each-other up.

"This reminds me of my childhood." Heavy boots crunched on the ground. "Minus the looking for warheads part."

Blaster rifle was slung across her shoulder as a just in case, word was there were some type of parasites that loomed in the mountains and piles of scrap. How they actually got onto this crew to do this job was beyond her. Delila had thought it would be something different and potentially easy - the old soldier in her could spot explosives from a mile away.

Herself and [member="Xin Boa"] had broke away from the main group searching for warheads. Delila had thought they were a touch unprofessional. Maybe she had been like that as a young soldier. Either way, by now she was used to working with and trusting Xin completely. If they happened to get in a sticky spot Dells could count on the Nautolan having her back.

"Feels odd to be crewed up with others. Not sure I am a fan."

The loud blaster fire awoke Jegy Sesara from his slumber, having hid out in an abandoned building as the soft whines of fire erupted as people screamed, falling to their sides. Slowly glancing out from the window, he watched as Corellian Confedartion was eradicating this corrupted governments troops. If he was younger, he would probably have joined the frey but now, he had become older, he knew when to watch and knew when to fight. As the blasterfire slowly ceased, Jegy slowly got into a crouching position, looking outwards towards this ragtag group of fighters. I need to avoid this fight at all costs, I just need to leave. Earlier in the month, he had gotten himself stranded here amidst this large war. His only goal now was to find a starship and get out of the system. Watching, he heard the rumbling in the ground as he slowly shrank his Force Presence as a rather large Slug broke through the ground, destroying part of a nearby Star Destroyer that crashed into the planet and then slowly descended back into the ground, a bit to close for comfort.

After counting to two minutes, he would carefully climb down the multi-storied building to the ground floor, taking his time and observing his environment. He did not want to be seen nor found by any form of forces, he just needs to leave. Upon touching the ground floor, he would quickly bolt into a nearby convenience store as troops ran on by, of what side he did not know but the blasterfire erupted once again. Having trapped himself in the store, he would slide the metal shutters down and slowly inspect the store, looking for supplies as he rather found himself quickly munching on grub flavored chips.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

"Ah we can always offer to do some runs from Dahlia," Xin offered. A bit of space away from people would be a welcome change. It was something he had become accustomed to. Space was always at a premium on a starship and they had enjoyed their privacy on long runs alone on the Dahlia.

Xin caught a flash of red as Skreech darted between rubble. The monkey lizard had a good idea of what they were looking for and could move through the debris far more quickly than they could. Whether he actually continued the search once they reached the abandoned factory district or got distracted was another matter.

"Dis reminds you of home?" he asked suddenly. The question had been hanging on the tip of his tongue for a few seconds.

"It's sure been a looong time since I was here last," Gray said to himself. Balmorra, the Place he had once called home. Now, it was mostly a bad memory. A memory of Death, of betrayal. A memory he never spoke of. He hadn't told the rest of the crew that he was from this planet. There had been no need, nor any reason. He only hoped for the mission to be quick, so he could get of this scrap rock.

But this part of Balmorra was a Place he had never been. Sure, he'd seen the factories and what they did, but he had never thought of the Wastes that came from them. This made him even more glad that he had not come back before. This planet was broken from all the factories. And now it payed the prize. And With it, the People who had to wade through all the Waste.

In his own thoughts, Gray had wandered away from the Group. Some old memories, these one good and nostaligic, had awakened in him, and made him lose Focus. But he was pretty sure he hadn't seen any warheads. It was first when he heard the shriek that his attantion snapped back. He took a few Seconds to realize where he was, but the sound made it easy to know where the others were. So he drew his blaster, and ran back.

When he arrived at the others location, he saw that a big piece of the ship was gone. "What the Blazes happened here?" he asked. One of the other members, the bothan, replied. "Big mecha-slug ate at Our ship." He sounded a bit weird, but it was probably the shock. Gray looked at the ship again. It wasn't good, but could most likely have been worse too. "Well kriff," he muttered. "What should we do then, Tahiri?"

[member="Tahiri Veya"]

[member="Xin Boa"]

"Have we become one of those anti-social couples already? I mean...I wouldn't be surprised."

Shoulders shrugged helplessly, as if to apologize to Xin. After a couple of years together and being on their own perhaps made them a little more used to being alone than the average person. Delila had decided taking to the spacelanes did that to people. Many times it was nothing but long stretched in the black, holed up by yourself or with a small crew.

"Slug just ate the ship by the way." Tone was neutral, as if commenting on today's weather. She moved closer and linked her arm with Xin's.

"My parents owned a scrapyard on Ord Mantell. My brother and I had to pick through it after school, looking for whatever clients ordered. The scrapyard wasn't just like this, lots of large vessels decommissioned in there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom