Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All the Sith Bats

Taeli was sitting in her office, looking through several designs that her engineers had sent her for review. After the successful fabrication of the Wrath-class, she was looking for a new interceptor type to compliment Krayt's new Starfighter design. A few of the designs didn't have what she was looking for, but two designs were battling in her mind for dominance.

One was called the Shyrack-class Interceptor, and she was rather impressed by the speed predictions they had given her, along with the armament of four repeating laser cannons. The other design wasn't as fast, but more heavily armored and only sported two laser cannons, albeit heavy ones.

Activating her terminal, she summoned Jaxson to her office to discuss the merits of building the Shyrack

"You called for me, my Lady?" Jaxson asked, walking into her office.

"Indeed I did," she said, placing a datapad with the downloaded information of the Shyrack in front of him. "I have a new design and fabrication project for you."

"Ah, the Interceptor project," Jaxson said thoughtfully, scrolling through the data. As her designer went through the data, weighing the pros and cons of the ship, Taeli merely stayed silent. She wanted his opinion first before she okayed the project to go forward, and she knew her partner didn't care as long as their company grew.

"I think it could be done quite easily, my Lady," Jaxson replied. "I would only worry about that the ship cannot take much of a hit at all."

"It is a necessary sacrifice if we reach the speeds estimated there," Taeli said.

"We will begin work right away then, my Lady," Jaxson said, standing up to bow and taking the datapad with him. Taeli smiled as she thought about how soon the Sith would have access to another new fighter craft for their growing navy.

Taeli went down to the fabrication lab a few days later to see what progress had been done on the Shyrack. Her designer had stated work was coming along on developing the prototype, not even any snags had occurred yet. Reaching the lab, she entered to see the fuselage mostly done, the transparisteel viewport being fitted in by hand by several engineers. Nearby, a team was testing the firing rate of one of the selected repeating laser cannons, green flashes of plasma lighting up the room.

"My Lady, is it all to your liking so far?" Jaxson asked, coming up to meet her with a team of developers around him.

"So far. Where are we on things?" she asked.

"Most of the cockpit's internal systems were just installed, but require testing," he informed, her lead her over to cockpit. "We will begin attaching the engine unit and power supply soon, after that will be the wings, then we begin the more delicate phase of testing."

Taeli nodded as he spoke, looking over the begun ship.

While she was there, the crew began work on installing the specified engine systems that would allow the Shyrack to have the speed it needed to out-maneuver other fighter craft in a dog fight. Nearby, a power system was being tested carefully be a team of technicians. Another laser cannon was being tested, flashes of green plasma sizzling through the air into targets on the far side of the lab. She smiled to herself at the activity around her, all of them working together to make her vision a reality and to strengthen the Sith.

A few days later, Taeli was once again looking at a half-complete prototype, the wings being mounted onto the cockpit. The lasers had already been attached to each wing and the cockpit, their systems fully checked and ready to kill. It was looking every bit as useful as the Wrath had been, and this time she didn't have a lead developer trying to hold the project back with delays.

"Amazing how fast your team works," she said to Jaxson beside her. "Just a few days ago, you were testing a few things and still working on the cockpit."

"Properly motivated, my Lady," he replied with a chuckle. "We all must do what we can to further the effort."

"Truer words have never been spoken," she agreed, watching a team of technicians lower a wing into place. A touch of the Force alerted her to a problem though.

The chain on one of the cranes started to creak, the links having been worn thin, and the team underneath the wing couldn't see the danger forming. A long shink sounded was all the warning they had as the wing broke free and plummeted to the deck below. Reaching with the Force, she halted the wings descent, allowing the team to move out of the way.

"Get ready to attach it," Taeli called, moving the wing into position against the fuselage and holding it in place with the Force. The workers needed no second order as they rushed to bolt and weld the wing in place. The rush of the welding torches and the ratcheting of the power tools filled the room as they all hurriedly attached the wing.

"We're clear," one technician yelled and Taeli let go of her Force Grip on the wing. It strained for a moment, but the wing stayed attached and the workers added some extra welds and bolts to make sure it stayed that way.

"We're lucky to have had you here today, my Lady," Jaxson said from beside her. "That would have set us back in many ways."

"Have to make sure I do value my workers," she shrugged. Turning on her heel, she added, "Inform me when all work is done, I'll wish to see and hear about the finished product before we begin combat testing."

"Of course, my Lady."

Taeli smiled as she looked at the completed prototype for the Shyrack-class Interceptor, the scene very similar to when the Wrath had been finished. She was standing on the viewing deck of one of the Elytra-class frigates in orbit above Coruscant, the Shyrack prepping for launch. Instruments were being added to measure speed in both atmosphere and void, technicians were crawling over it as they did a final check on the power and engine systems. Another team was checking the weapon systems again, one woman making gestures that indicated that there was a small power flux in one laser cannon.

"Quite a sight, my Lady," Jaxson said from beside her.

"One I shall never get tired of seeing," she agreed, watching the pilot be prepped for the test flight. "To the bridge to observe then."

Standing at the bridge, Taeli nodded to green light the testing. A second or two later, the Shyrack prototype roared into view, efflux glowing from its engines.

"Begin weapon test," she said.

The test pilot immediately began a standard interceptor flight, flying around and harrying the floating targets brought in for part of the weapon test. Green plasma bolts chewed through them, not as powerful as the Wrath, but more of them were flying as the repeating nature of the cannons made itself evident.

"Activate evasive targets," she ordered.

Several of the floating targets started moving about, dodging the laser fire, but still the green plasma continued to burn through and destroy them. A flash of flame signaled the destruction of one target as the Shyrack raced past, looping about to begin another run. As the pilot did, Taeli sensed through the Force a problem emerging.

"My Lady, the pilot is reporting he's having some problems with the targeting computer," one engineer reported.

"Have him deactivate it, and log that away for fine tuning. We cant have that problem persisting."

Lancer lumbered in, eager to help his new acquaintances[member="Darth Arcanix"] was busy tapping away and discussing with various engineers, and the operative waltzed past the guards and glanced out the window- and saw the interceptor. His eyes flickered in delight. He had come aboard the ship rather quietly, though none really opposed him. He was a special agent acting under Kaine Zambrano- so he had certain privileges and responsibilities. However, he moreso wanted to make sure that he had a good idea of what the more intricate parts of the Sith machine would be. He also wanted to get to know the weapon systems and vehicles that he would be using, and the people who designed them, better.

His eyes danced over and watched as it looped and furled, caressing the empty space and going through it like a ballet dancer. He slung back and forth on his heels.

"I can help with the targeting computer, ma'am."

Lancer smiled, at least, it seemed like it- behind his balaclava that he constantly wore.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"I wasn't aware we had a special audience," Taeli said with a smile, turning to face the new arrival. "Help with the targeting computer would be most helpful, we are just doing some speed tests to make sure the Shyrack is at top speeds and can have pinpoint maneuverability. Although, I would like a name, Agent. .?"

Outside the viewport, the fighter began accelerating, going through different interceptor flight patterns, even doing some turns that would threaten to sheer parts away if done incorrectly. Taeli had hoped the fighter could do such things, and it appeared her test pilot was indeed quite skilled.

@Lancer Damar

"Call me Damar."His mask shifted again- he was smiling again. He waved his hand, circulating from his hip to his cheek. A flamboyant one, at best."Calibration requires the utmost amount of accuracy. I assume you have some sort of schematic I can look at and have a better go at making sure it all works- correct?" Accuracy was achieved greatly through making sure he knew where the turrets and the gunports and the wings and the rudders and whatnot were. Otherwise, it could be that when the interceptor was trying to target something just to the left- the guns on the right could blow off the front of the machine- and little bits of sith resources and pilots would be floating around space.

"Impressive flight patterns and maneuverability."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"The techs over there are the ones trying to figure out the calibration problem, Agent Damar," Taeli said, nodding her head at a group of frustrated scientists that were huddled around some screens. "We're going to be wrapping up flight tests, look over the data, but everything looks good for the new interceptor except for that problem, so your input would be greatly appreciated."

Turning away from the agent, she issued the order to have the interceptor brought back into the hanger. Other than the one hiccup, it seemed everything was working fine and mass-production could begin once Agent Damar and her techs figured out that problem.

@Lancer Damar

Walking briskly over to the techs, Lancer grasped a personal datapad, and shooed the other technicians away. Copying the data, he was able to get a closer, more personal look at the specs."It seems that your main problem here, seems to be that the targeting computer isn't accounting for the new speed and turning."He tapped his chin, tapping away at his datapad, opening up more and more lines of code.

"So, looking at the targeting mechanisms here-"He walked over and showed her his own datapad, and highlighted the more important bits of code in reference to the targeting computer."I think I can fix it by changing the algorithm to account for the speed, but I'm gonna be honest, I won't know how it will do unless you do a lot more tests after I fix this. Other than that, the mechanics and engineering of the interceptor seem to be going well."He clicked away his datapad, letting it rest at his hip.

"I assume you want me to do it post-haste."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"The faster the better, and if we must, new targets will be set up to test the system again," Taeli said to Agent Damar. "And if you so wish, you could even pilot the Shyrack to make sure everything is as it should be."

Turning to the lead technician, she said, "I want you to follow Agent Damar's suggestions and orders. He will be helping with the targeting recalibration, while we process the speed and maneuverability data we just received."

@[member="Lancer Damar"]

It had taken a few more test flights, but the adjustments that Agent Damar had suggested had worked wonders, everything was working perfectly on the prototype now. The speed and maneuverability of the Shyrack were exaclt what they had been looking for.

"Congratulations, gentle beings, another successful prototype ready to begin mass-production," Taeli said, applauding the team and enjoying the feeling of her team having faith in her and their loyalty since they could work on whatever they so wished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom