Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Stars Burn as One OOC thread

IC thread

Because posting 400 posts between 7+ players for building a flagship is a grueling enterprise, and requires extensive OOC planning, I feel it was necessary to have an OOC thread to coordinate the construction and sort out all issues.

A preliminary plan:

Phase I: The Senate Armed Forces Committee (where many of our beloved tech players will testify in front of the Senate Armed Forces Committee, as the Senate Armed Forces Committee is faced with the prospect of spending several billion on the Warspite's construction)
Phase II: Planning stages (after the Senate Armed Forces Committee awards the flagship contract to the consortium made up of a number of shipwrights owned by the players)
Phase III: Materials
Phase IV: Components procurement (and design if novel components are required)
Phase V: Construction proper
Phase VI: Space trials
Phase VII: Commissioning ceremony

Currently we are at phase 1. Phase 1 objectives:
  • Press the case for the construction of a flagship to the Senate Armed Services Committee
  • Determine the allowable budget for its construction (if the case is successfully made for the flagship to be authorized in the first place)
  • Determine the scope statement (under the same proviso)

[member="Charzon Loulan"]

Your entire setup here is a ripoff of the Flagship thread I ran several months ago.

Charzon Loulan said:
OOC: You do not have to be part of a Major Faction to join this, have fun, influence history, and win stuff. As per Flagship rules, when this thread reaches 400 posts -- a mere four Dominions! -- the Republic will gain a truly terrifying ship for it to mark the symbol of its resurgence, but -- as per Flagship rules -- this thread is open to all characters and factions. I'll be loosely DM'ing this thread, in the sense that when a given scene/objective's action flags, I'll post new objectives and plot directions as needed. This is a long-term quest for a new flagship, whose identity I'll keep quiet for now. (Its specifications will arise as the plot unfolds) Suffice it to say, it's worth having, and not just for people who like what Chaos calls fleeting. For reference, here are the Flagship Rules: *** OOC: Note that Stage One will move to Stage Two, a separate scene and set of objectives, when people are good and ready, meaning once activity dies down.

Jorus Merrill said:
You do not have to be part of a Major Faction to join this, have fun, influence history, and win stuff. As per Flagship rules, when this thread reaches 400 posts -- a mere four Dominions! -- one lucky faction will walk away with the right to submit something truly transcendent. The One Sith, First Order, and Galactic Alliance have already expressed interest, but -- as per Flagship rules -- this thread is open to all characters and factions. Any major faction can win this. I'll be loosely DM'ing this thread, in the sense that when a given scene/objective's action flags, I'll post new objectives and plot directions as needed. This is a long-term quest for a historical ship, whose identity I'll keep quiet for now. Suffice it to say, it's worth having, and not just for people who like what Chaos calls fleeting. For reference, here are the Flagship Rules:

Jorus Merrill said:
OOC: Note that Stage One will move to Stage Two, a separate scene and set of objectives, when people are good and ready, meaning once activity dies down.

Please remove the plagiarized material immediately and write your own introduction.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I've launched stealth recon probes to a couple of random Republic worlds close to Mandalorian space. Big-picture stuff, nothing huge at this point. If someone Republiccy wants to tell me what my probes discover, that'd be cool.

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
[member="Vesta Rekali"] One would think that the content of what probes discover will be relevant, storyline-wise, only once materials collection begins... so it will probably be a while until the Republicans even find out about the probes in the first place.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Dunames Lopez"]

Well, yeah, they're stealth probes. I'm not asking for them to be discovered necessarily, just for someone Republiccy to tell me what the probes spot, if anything. For all I know, those systems have nothing interesting going on; they're just close to Mando space.

[member="Charzon Loulan"] Thanks for posting up the thread.

[member="Vesta Rekali"] Thanks for dropping in. Nothing like a little intrigue to make the thread spicy from the get go! I doubt anyone on our end would be able to discover those probes on our own if you're careful. If you're looking for things to spot, then there may be an epic pool party going on right now on Vo Dasha that may interest you.

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
[member="Vesta Rekali"]

Umbara is fairly unfamiliar to me as a system but I gave just enough fun vagueness for [member="Martika Varta"] who is the Senator of Umbara and tagged [member="Marcus Solstice"] both of whom (same writer actually...) will likely provide more details than I.

Bubba is just gonna be doing some space trucking on and off in the this thread. So I'll tag you again once he gets to Taboon (might be awhile) unless someone else is looking to entertain.

Martika Varta

Senator, Umbara; Committee on Civics & Infrastruct
[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Is this really a problem? You crafted a fairly cohesive, yet practical OOC template for running a flagship thread. No one plagiarized plot elements, character designs, or anything IC.

Fyi, not attacking you here, just curious.

Martika Varta

[member=Caius Flavian]

Just so you know mate, I'm going to be doing everything in my IC power to shut this poodoo down. We've lost insane amounts of territory, are being constantly assaulted by Mandalorian raiders and invaders, and the Senate's answer is to build a big huge kriffing ship that won't make a difference in relations between the GR and all the governments that seem to want it destroyed?

Not on Martika's watch.

;) lol

[member="Martika Varta"]

Maybe it's just me coming at this after grading a few hundred papers, but asking 'what's the harm with a little plagiarism?' isn't really the sort of attitude I like to encourage. Doesn't do any favors to the kid, for one thing: goodness knows there are harsher ways to learn that lesson in the real world. But it really does boil down to this: I don't like being plagiarized any more than the next guy, and plagiarism's right up there in the rules. If it actually was just a template like you say, that'd be one thing, but that's my voice and my strategy for tackling a Flagship thread. I'm just not comfortable with someone ripping me off right down to my punctuation quirks. I didn't report it, I didn't make a stink, just asked for it to be taken down, and it was. All there is to it.

[member="Martika Varta"] [member="Caius Flavian"] Perhaps it will make it easier to get to 400 posts - if we had heated debate within the committee hearings prior to having a decision made about it. And not simply between the interviewees and the senators or between senators...

What do you have to say about the intelligence my alt provided about what the Sith factions call flagships? (It seems as though heavy battlecruisers are filling the flagship role until a faction actually goes through the 400-post process) She is ICly lying about having gained this information through the Kuat raid, but the content seems accurate as far as she knew it. Probably the fleeters have different things to say compared to what Charzon had to say.

Martika Varta

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I'm certainly no teacher/professor, but as I'm in nursing, I can certainly understand the importance of veracity in one's work. You had no obligation or responsibility to explain your point of view to me, but you did, and I appreciate that. I have nothing further but to assure you this will not happen again by one of our own.

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Seriously, let's crush it. They might as well try to get us to approve another Death Star. lol

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

A rather mighty debate is scheduled, indeed. I was aware that was noted by yourself at the start of this thread. However, I'm not familiar with the intelligence you're referring to.

And we could probably also include other Republican peeps like [member="Dune Rhur"], [member="Myles Savar"] albeit as a manifestation of what the people off the loop would have to voice about.

[member="Martika Varta"] As for the intel itself, as introduced ICly in my first post in front of the Senate committee:

The Darr Itah has over 700 hardpoints, with a firepower of over 2,500 turbolasers, and is stationed over Bassadro, while the Resurgence Mk.III has similar firepower and one of these serves as the First Order flagship.

Martika Varta

With more pertinent threads involving the defense of the Republic currently going on, and an upcoming guard rotation, I will not be able to have involvement in this thread. My apologies, [member=Caius Flavian], [member=Charzon Loulan].

[member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Bubba Da Hutt"] Do Bubba the Hutt own a company? He may captain a Baleen-class ship as he would a truck, but since the Baleen is 425.99 meters long he cannot own said Baleen as his personal property. But he may, however, own a space trucking company who, in turn, can own a Baleen, even at tier-1, in which case the Baleen would be corporate property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom