Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All I see is Ashes (Varas Ren)

giphy.gif

All I see is Ashes
Duel between [member="Varas Ren"] and Primat Ren
Located at the Bastion of Ren
Immediately during Schism of the Knights of Ren; continuation of Duel

They had been fighting nonstop for what seemed like hours, while in reality it had been mere minutes. Time seemed to slow as both Primat and Varas fought one another, brother against sister. Each blow was either calculated or just filled with bent up aggression at the other from the heat of the moment that the two had started to duel. One was fighting for what he believed in, the other fought for her father. Both fought for something they held close to their hearts as both of them had clashed their blades with one another, minute after minute, analyzing each others movements to try and obtain some semblance of an advantage over the other...ever if it were some minor small gain over the other.

Primat had felt Varas's boot-clad foot connect with his chest as if it had been a sledgehammer to his chest. The kick rocked his body as if it had been enhanced by force strength, which Primat suspected that it had been what with the sheer amount of Varas delivered from her kick. Primat's body was sent backwards into the wall behind him, his armor-clad back colliding with the metal wall with a resounding clang of metal on metal before he fell to the ground suddenly, just a second after colliding with the wall. Primat groaned in pain as his body hit the ground hard, even the armor wasn't helping any. He still had felt his sister's kick through his chest plate despite all of the metal used in the armor. He gasped for breath, the collision with the wall had knocked the air from his lungs and made his breathing shallower for the moment. He wasn't sure what another kick like that would do to him, though he decided to keep his armor on. He had a feeling it was slowing him down, though that force strength-enhanced kick he had just been hit with probably would've broken quite a few ribs without his armor...so he opted to keep his armor on for now. Hopefully it wouldn't slow him down any.

Primat rose to one knee, sucking in a few breaths of air as he tried to get his bearings. His mind was a blur as was his vision for the moment. Though, that would recover in time. Primat extended out his right hand, his fallen lightsaber hilt flying to his hand, his fingers gliding over the ignition button, extending the vicious crimson blade once more. His left hand inched towards his other lightsaber hilt, though he stopped himself. No reason to show his other weapon in this moment. He could save it for later for when the time was right. Primat's glacier blue eyes then glanced upwards towards his sister, towards Varas. He had cut her cybernetic hand from her wrist...which should prove advantageous in Primat's favor. He now stood up fully, his gaze fixated on the figure of Varas as he slowly made his way towards her, never ripping his vision from her. Sure she was cute, though that didn't mean she wasn't deadly...which only made her a bit hotter. He mentally punched himself for thinking about her in that way, again. He needed to focus on defeating her, not taking her out on a date.

Varas felt the same way - as though the pair had traveled through parsecs and were now isolated in a small window of time where nothing could touch them. All doubt had been erased about her intentions. With adrenaline pumping through her veins and the song of her father’s blade, weaving its wrathful lyrics through her mind, she ignored her smoldering wound and let the Force control her movements.

On a physical level, Primat also appealed to Varas, but she rarely knew what to do with those types of thoughts and emotions, hardly traveling outside the confines of Mustafar, much less going out on a date with anyone like a normal person would.

So she channeled that attraction into a lethal desire to fight, to see his piercing blue eyes wince with pain. Rushing towards him, with a cascade of sweeping strikes, the Knight had no words for Primat. The only sounds which could be heard was a lone war cry when her saber was about to make contact.

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

Slow, so very slow and stupid. Primat had believed she would approach him slow at first and circle him as he did, at least that was a trademark of his when he dueled. Though, in the second before impact, he knew he had made a grave mistake in assuming others fought as he had. He was stupid, so...so very stupid and careless in his doings and his intuition. The force had called out to him momentarily at a sign of attack from his sister, from Varas. Though, per the usual, Primat ignored these thoughts, preferring to rely upon himself and his own thoughts and intentions. That very thought process, that very line and style of thinking...came back to bite him wickedly and without remorse in mere seconds. It had only take a few seconds, enough for Primat to count on one hand...however the attack came without any defense from Primat. He had been too slow and sloppy to react in time to her sweeping attack carried aloft by her crimson blade in hand.

One and two and three. That's how many strikes had connected before Primat had willed control of himself and his bodily functions once more. Varas' crimson blade sliced across Primat's left shoulder down to his chest in a diagonal fashion, cutting through his armor with relative ease much to his shock. They had said this armor could withstand lightsaber slashes, liers. It must've been the shock of the wall against the power-cells of his power-armor that had wrecked havoc with it's electrical systems. The first slice didn't cut deeply save for in the middle, right where his left shoulder connected with his body, burning the skin underneath in a color of burnt red and white. Then their was the second strike. The lightsaber blade had danced across Primat's right shoulder, showcasing similar damage as to his left. Then their was the third, a violent slash from left to right, it had caught his left hand in a gaze of cauterized flesh and reddened metal. Though, before her attack could continue any, Primat mustered up the force in the palm of his left hand despite the striking flash of pain in his left shoulder as he moved it. He then shot hit hand outwards toward's Varas, his fingers splayed outwards as he shot out a cone of the force towards Varas, a force push. Whilst doing so, he quickly brought up his saber in a defense stance.

As she continued her fluid motions, the practiced swings of a warrior who had no choice but to fight, she detected something within Primat - the distinctly human reticence and need to self-criticize.

Varas knew it well.

Still her own predatory instinct took pleasure in the disciple’s pain.

Right before his Force Push, Varas stopped. As though unbidden out of her mouth came a stream of words the Knight thought she would never say.

“Brother! Why are we fighting again? Surely there's another way but violence?"

The cone of strength from Primat Ren slammed her up against a nearby stone wall. And that’s what you get, thought Varas. A bit of mercy translates into weakness and imperfections, ones that could be exploited.

But at the same time, the Knight of Ren enjoyed the feeling of the cold floor against her cheek as she lay there. “Why are we fighting, Primat?” she asked weakly, the stump of her hand starting to ache, making her lose her focus and think about giving up.

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

"Their is another way, of course. Have your father, give up command of the Knights of Ren. Him taking control is insulting the name of the Supreme Leader! How can you stand by while he does this? Even if he is your father, he cannot just wrest control like this," Primat answered Varas' question soundly and with full belief behind it. She watched her fly across the room ad hit the stone wall, making him wince at seeing her body impact the wall. He hadn't wanted to do that, though it was his only viable way out of that situation. Her words rang true to him, though Primat saw no other way. Sure they could debate it, though where would that lead? Countless arguments and debates which would amount to no sliver of response or decision in a viable or useful time frame. He wasn't sure of whatever other way their might be, he didn't really believe another way was possible at all. Primat walked in the direction of Varas, twirling his crimson lightsaber in hand casually and carelessly as he did so. He was surprised to still see her laying on the ground, thinking that she would have gotten up by now...though she hadn't which slightly alarmed him, despite how much he might deny it. If he didn't have a thing for her, he probably wouldn't be as concerned...though he did have a thing for her.

As Primat walked towards Varas, his eyes watched her body carefully, watching for any sort of movement from her body which laid on the ground. He wouldn't strike at her when she was in this state, it was dishonorable. He would only attack someone if they were capable of fighting. He believed Varas was capable, though he felt an attack at her right now would be cheap and just cruel. He was the same way about opponents who were defenseless, well for the most part. Once Primat had neared close to Varas, he kept his distance encase she went for an attack as he kept his blade close to his body for defense. He was just about to say something, when he heard her talk once more. He had expected the same fire and conviction he had heard earlier in her voice, however he was met with a weak tone and voice. At hearing this, Primat hesitated, taking a step back...afraid he had hurt her badly which he silently hated himself for. He would've replied to her question, though didn't have the heart to this time.

The pair of Ren were no longer in earshot of the rest of the coterie, so Varas reasoned that her father was too far away to hear her next words:

“Haven’t you noticed? I’m not his daughter. I’m his clone! He manufactured me in a lab to do his bidding, not out of any desire to raise and nurture a human being.” With the back of her gloved hand she wiped away the spittle that had pooled at the corner of her mouth, residue of the vitriol she felt.

When Varas was fresh from the test tube, she had more illusions that her relationship with Kyrel Ren would be more familial, but after awhile it became clear what her destiny was.

In a quieter voice she continued: “I do what he says without question.”

The Knight hauled herself up on her good arm, steadying the hand on the floor and now in her half raised position, Primat could see that she was not fighting him because she wanted to; it was because she felt she had to.

But was it out of fear or loyalty? That was unclear.

Varas turned her heads toward the murmuring voices in the other room. “The disagreement is already winding down, anger waning. “It will be settled but not by us. We aren’t important enough, don’t you think?”

It was no trick. When cornered, the brunette Knight really did not want to strike down Primat and would only do so if forced. And right now, she could detect a way out of this mess without anymore bloodshed.

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

"What? I'm sorry I had no idea. When I first met you, I thought you two were family...just father and daughter, but I felt like something was amiss. Now I know, why." Primat spoke honestly and shock in his voice at what he was hearing coming out of the mouth of Varas. A clone? Really, she was a clone, not his actual daughter? That was shocking and surprising to say the very least. He had suspected that Kyrel had cared for Varas, at least a little. Though now, he wasn't too sure how much Kyrel cared about Varas, if he even cared about Varas at all. Primat found that...despicable to say the least. He knew he shouldn't be having sour thoughts about Kyrel, but the way Varas just idly described him through her tone said it all to Primat.

Primat had barely made out the next words that Varas spoke, though he was able to get the gist of her words as his glacier blue eyes examined her face. His hand deactivated his lightsaber, keeping it in hand just encase, though extinguishing the blade as he felt it wasn't needed for now. Hell, even the force didn't tell him to keep his saber active...well, actually the force didn't give him any promptings or impressions for the moment. Something he found which was...strange.

He wanted to say something else to Varas other than 'it'll be okay,' or whatever 'great' words he could mutter. Before he could even muster up any words, he saw her move up into a slight-sitting position. Then, she spoke once more. Her voice sounded like it was full of honesty and truth as she spoke, and he hoped that what she was saying...was true. He hesitated slightly before speaking, trying to find the right words to say, if these right words were even a thing. "If we do stand down we...send a message to the others. That we can, that we...will settle these differences in a different manner. I don't like your 'father'..." Primat drew a tone of anger into his saying of the word 'father,' before continuing. "...being in charge, though I suppose...that is how it had to be, for now. What do, you think?"

Varas’s features softened when Primat deactivated his lightsaber. The slender fingers of her organic hand found the cold stone below and traced a circular pattern around the marble, and even more, the Knight stared down at it for a moment as though it was the most fascinating design she’d ever seen.

But she looked up again at the fellow Ren, gritting her teeth, smiling through the pain of her seared off hand.

“I-I don’t like my father either. Nevermind him being in charge.” Varas lifted herself up, cradling the injured arm with her hand.

“No, in fact, I despise him. But we aren’t meant to love and cherish our leaders. We are supposed to have a healthy fear of them, are we not?” Politics were not her strong suit, but it appeared to the brunette knight that when it came to the Ren, the best or even most capable man did not always win but the strongest and most formidable did.

The young clone approached Primat now, brown irises locking with his blue ones. She tucked the wounded arm under her cloak as it was quite an eyesore.

“But if we are talking about regime change. Why couldn’t a woman be the Supreme Leader?”

Since treason was in the air, Varas might as well add her own particular perfume to the intoxicating odor of mutiny.

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

Primat's fingers idly fingered the cool handle of his lightsaber, he was mulling over what to. He wasn't going to attack her, though he still didn't want to put his saber away just encase anything were to happen. He doubted anything would, though it was just a precaution of his. Though, never mind that. He gaze stayed fixated upon Varas as she pushed herself up, cradling her injured arm. Jeez, he had done a number on her hand, even if it was the cybernetic one. He hadn't meant to slice her hand off, he hadn't actually even tried to do that it had just...happened, some how. Primat wanted to try and fix it, though he knew that was folly. Their was no use in trying to do so now, as Varas spoke to him. He couldn't help but laugh slightly at what she said about their leaders. "Hm, you're absolutely right. Even though he is a 'leader,' he shouldn't treat you, his daughter, in such a...despicable and unforgiving away. He should at least, try to care about you...do you know if he does?"

Primat felt as though he had asked too personal of a question, though he wanted to know how Kyrel treated Varas, even if it meant that he himself would probably be just a mean to Kyrel in the future. Yes, he did have a crush on Varas and he couldn't stop his emotions from...making him say things he otherwise wouldn't say, whether it be from fear or something else. His eyes locked with Varas' brown eyes in return as her eyes locked with his, watching her through her eyes. Some say it was a gateway to the soul, though Primat felt otherwise. True it was a gateway to the soul in a way, though it wasn't the only gateway to learning about someone. His ears perked up slightly at her next words, confused for a minute, before he finally responded. "Nobody is saying a woman can't be the Supreme Leader, I'm up for it definitely. If you are thinking about it, then good luck getting through your father." He said the last part with a slight smile directed towards Varas. If she was going to try and fight her father, he was all for it. In fact, he would probably even join in. Though, he felt as though that might not be what Varas was suggesting. Though, either way, he didn't see a reason as to why a woman couldn't be the Supreme Leader.

The cautiousness had not left Primat. This made Varas smile as she’d learned early on with her father that even negative attention was better than no attention at all. And there was really no question too personal. While her manners were more refined now it had taken quite a while to rid herself of her social awkwardness. In fact, sometimes she thought it had never left.

“I was raised by Kaminoans,” the Knight said plaintively. “I have memories inside my head of how things should be, but they are just that. Memories from both my parents. I used to study them, but now I just try to block them out. I mean, they aren’t really my memories.”

Nodding her head towards the infirmary in the training academy, Varas continued: “Since you did this to me, I think it’s only fair you come with me to get patched up.” They could talk more while surgical droids treated her cauterized wound and fitted a new cyberhand. “You probably have a couple of cuts and bruises, I imagine.”

Her grin was lopsided but still inviting with no hint of treachery.

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

"So he never...really treated you like a daughter then, he never tried to raise you as his own flesh and blood? Like he was your father?" The more Primat learned about Varas' upbringing, the more he became disgusted with Kyrel. It could've been his own personal annoyance and anger at the man for trying to wrest control of the Knights of Ren in a moment of weaknesses and confusion. Though, Primat sensed that he was just becoming more and more upset and disgusted Kyrel, not just through his actions in the throne room, but also through out Varas plainly described him. From the way she described Kyrel, it spoke to Primat just how...distanced Kyrel was from how 'reality' was. If Kyrel didn't care much for Varas...than why did he even have her in the first place. The more Varas described him, the more questions that came to life in Primat's mind. Questions that Kyrel probably would never answer if Primat asked him, questions that could possibly piss off the Master of Ren, probably more than he already was at Primat.

He was drawn from his thoughts about Kyrel and his disgusting actions when the words of Varas reached his ears. After mulling over what Varas had said, Primat couldn't help but smile. "Me? I'm fine with a couple cuts and bruises, you did a number on me as I did you. Also...uh, sorry about severing your cybernetic hand. I uh...hadn't, hadn't meant for that to happen." The moment the last two sentences left Primat's mouth, he grew irritated at himself. He didn't know why he had said those last two sentences, maybe it was to be nice or maybe it was just on the spur of the moment. Though all he knew was, that after the words had left his mouth, he regretted them. Primat was like a bumbling mess in front of Varas even though he tried his best to try and not be a bumbling mess of words and jumbled thoughts. Primat was sincerely trying to talk nice and in a calm manner to Varas, though it was difficult for him as he couldn't just...he couldn't put the words right or say the right words. At least, that was from his point of view. He hoped Varas didn't say he was saying things that didn't make sense, though at this point he just didn't know what he was trying to say or do any more. At least the two of them hadn't killed each other.

Primat clipped his saber onto his belt once more before fully turning back to Varas. Once he saw her lopsided grin, he couldn't help but smile at her. It wasn't a bright and jolly smile, that wasn't Primat. No, it was more of a small, relaxed smile, something typical of them. He hadn't an ideas why, though he preferred smiling without showing his teeth...he felt it meant more that way when you didn't show your teeth when smiling at someone.

“Not really.”

That was the awful truth wasn’t it? But then again, Varas did not know what it was like to be a true daughter, one that was raised to be her own little woman rather than a programmed fighting machine.

“And it’s okay,” she said, biting her teeth down with the pain. “At least it was this hand and not the other.”

Once they were settled the medbay of the training academy, the droids ushered Varas to an unadorned bed and pressed her down upon it. Charts were drawn up and vital signs taken.

“Stay still or we will strap you down," one of the robots warned.

“Yes, Sir!” She mock saluted the surgical droid with her good, organic hand and then lay back, exhaled, and all of the tension drained out of her.

Varas turned her head to Primat, her long brown locks hanging off the bedside. “What was your upbringing like, brother?”

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

Primat couldn't help but laugh at the mock salute Varas gave the surgical droid, before his own medical droid ushered him over to a bed himself. The droid, which was accompanied by another, removed the upper half of the armor that Primat wore, revealing a black undershirt below which reached down to his wrists. He sat their awkwardly for a few moment's, as the medical droid scanned his body. He didn't feel awkward because of the droid scanning him, no. He felt awkward because of how close in proximity he was to Varas. The more he learned about her, the more he understood about her, and the more...awkward he felt around her. He hadn't a clue as to why. It could've been his crush on her, it could be any number of things in fact. Though, Primat felt as though it was due to his crush on Varas. It could also have something to due with him laughing at what she had done, though he had to admit, it was funny.

"Remove your shirt sir so we may begin administering treatment for your wounds," the medical droid spoke with no emotion as it readied some tools. Primat couldn't help but blush awkwardly and nervously at the situation. The last thing I want to do is get shirtless in front of Varas. This situation just seemed to be getting more, and more, awkward for him. He couldn't catch a break. The only thing he could hope for now was that Varas couldn't tell that he slightly blushed, because that would probably give away that he had a thing for her. Reluctantly, Primat looped the shirt over and off of his head. Then the medical droid began to get to work, first injecting a bacta syringe and then working on his chest and shoulder cuts from Varas' lightsaber.

Primat panicked somewhat once he heard Varas speaking, though he was glad that she was talking to him. It would help distract some as the medical droid was messing with Primat's chest and shoulder wounds, which made him wince in pain as the droid operated little by little. Before replying to her, he couldn't help but smile at her words. "Well, I grew up on the remote planet of Tamora...which I don't believe you've heard of, correct me if I'm wrong. Life was, well simple on Tamora. My family were farmer's and life was...peaceful I suppose. I didn't really grow up with all of this technology prior to coming to the First Order and leaving Tamora. It...it's different here then it was at home. You see, Tamora was more of a tropical world with a bunch of islands and jungles..."

When the droid started to examine Primat, Varas stared unabashedly, for far too long in fact, until she realized it was rude and inappropriate to be appraising him the way she was. But truthfully she had not much experience at all with the opposite sex beyond dueling or casual and passing small talk. And if there was ever a time she got too close to anyone - that scoundrel in the fight club on Coruscant for example - she normally scared them away with her penchant for violence.

Varas visibly winced as the syringe went into Primat’s torso. And as her own surgical droid began moving her wounded forearm, she groaned.

“Painkillers?” the Ren asked with a sheepish grin and she was also injected with something that immediately made her feel euphoric.

Great, now I’m liable to say anything, she thought, floating off on a wave of pharmaceutical ecstasy.

“That sounds… like fun.” Her limbs now ragdollish as her hand was positioned for the cyber implant to be re-attached. “Growing up in a jungle? My first real memories were of a white and sterile bedroom on Kamino, looking out the window at the endless rain. The first time I saw an Aiwha I got so excited. I asked my caretakers to ride one, and they promised me I could once I was able to walk and talk like any other human, but that opportunity never came.”

Her eyes glazed she watched the droid sterilize her new mechanical hand.

“Were there lots of animals on Tamora? And how did you get from there to here?”

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

Primat looked down in embarrassment as he noticed Varas staring at him...for a bit too long he felt. Not that he wasn't flattered, though he hadn't a clue as to what she was thinking when she was looking over him. For all he knew, she could be thinking negatively about him or silently judging him as she stared at him. Both prospects, which Primat hoped weren't true. However, he did have an issue of overthinking things and looking too deeply into certain matters. Though, after a few minutes, his eyes fluttered back upwards towards Varas, shaking off his nerves and embarrassment. He had to stop overthinking things, the less he did so...the more success he would probably have in social situations and just with talking to people in general.

His attention was redirected to Varas as she began talking once more to him. When he heard her story about wanting to ride an Aiwha, he couldn't help but smile. He hadn't any idea what an Aiwha was, though he assumed it was those weird manta-ray things that he's heard so much about that came from Kamino. At least, he hoped that they were both thinking of the same thing. For all he knew, she could be talking about flying sky-whales or something. Though besides that, he liked the thought. His smile, however, turned to a frown soon after hearing that the Kaminoans who took care of her never allowed her to ride one. At the prospect of that, Primat couldn't help but begin to offer a suggestion. "Well, I mean you still head back to Kamino one day and ride one of these...Aiwha's."

Then, he answered her question about Tamora and about how he had left his home, a place that he still missed to this day. And he would need to make a plan to return someday as well, eventually. "Yeah, their are a bunch of animals on Tamora. Like tiny little dragons which pollinate flowers, wild dogs, and wild raccoon-fox things which stole your shoes sometimes. And that's just a few of them! As for how I got here, well...I wanted to know if their was anything beyond my home. So, I came in contact with a merchant...requested he take me off world...then poof, here I am, here. Well, after I worked off my debt to him for taking me off-world."

As Varas listened, she knew it was inappropriate to watch Primat as he spoke, but again she could not help but let her eyes wander over his muscular form. Her brother was so vulnerable there on the examination table, and in the strangest way, it made the brunette clone want to trade places with the surgical droid who was attending to him.

“Tamora sounds like a fantastic planet. Can we visit sometime?”

Am I asking him on a date? Did I just ask Primat out? Her boldness surprised her but maybe there was a primitive impetus for it caused by the sight of his heated skin and sinewy upper body.

A mechanical voice punctuated the momentary silence.

“Why is your heart-rate so high, Disciple?” asked one of Primat’s droids examining his vital signs. “Is it because Varas is pretty?”

At the unexpected question, the Knight of Ren covered her mouth with her hand to limit the waterfall of laughter that tumbled out.

“Oh stars, I didn’t think they were programmed for that kind of humor,” she added. But the droid’s unintentionally funny comment gave her an idea. “You there, Fixit. Can you pull up my medical records. Nothing recent. All the way back to the beginning.”

The cylindrical FX-series medical assistant projected a holo of Varas’s birth certificate which had come from Kaminoan Klones, complete with a cheerful, colorful logo on the header.

“See that, Primat? Technically I was born almost a year ago to the day.” She noted both names on the certificate. “I wonder if I can disown my parents. Do you know how that all works? Like, if I could legally disown Kyrel?”

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

Lucky for Varas, Primat didn't notice her looking at him as the droid finished. Once finished, the droid wrapped up the injured and operated on parts of his shoulders and chest. The medical droid finished, much to the relief of Primat as he sat up, his shirt now bundled up in his hands as he pulled it back and over his head. He was just about to tell Varas some more about Tamora and what it had, when he heard her next words. Something, which made the cheeks of Primat flush red, though not enough to where she would notice. “Tamora sounds like a fantastic planet. Can we visit sometime?” Primat didn't know what to say. He knew that Varas would probably enjoy Tamora in all honesty, however...he wasn't sure about what she was asking. It sounded almost as if, she was asking him out on a date. He wanted to ask her more about what she meant, though he hesitated. It wasn't the right time to bring it up...and it could just be him over-thinking things. Primat sometimes took things out-of-context, along with sometimes...well, overthinking and over-analyzing things quite a lot in all actuality. What if...what if she is actually asking me out on a date? I would love to...of course, but...maybe I'm just, looking in to what she is saying too much. Right?

"Yeah, yeah we definitely could sometime," Primat said with a smile, shaking off his nerves temporarily as he spoke to her.

“Why is your heart-rate so high, Disciple? Is it because Varas is pretty?” The cheeks of Primat flushed with blush at the mechanical words of the medical droid, he was sure that Varas had noticed his blush by now. Though, much to his relief, she laughed at what the droid had said. He had dodged a bullet, barely at that. Hearing her laugh, made him smile a bit bigger...it was nice laugh.

Primat lit up when Varas began to speak once more, his eyes focusing on her face as she spoke about Kamino and her medical and birth record. When he heard the words, 'born almost a year ago to this day,' he focused more intently on her as his mind wandered about what she meant. So, that meant...that she had accelerated growth? From the Kaminoans, then? Primat was confused at the idea of that. However, he shook away the thoughts once she contiued speaking. And...it was about disowning Kyrel...as her father? He wasn't versed that well in galactic politics or legal actions, so he didn't have much of an idea of how such things worked. Though, he gave in his thoughts anyways. "I believe that you can legally disown Kyrel...though he may have to be their for it. I'm not entirely sure, so take my words with a grain of salt. And...uh, so you were born a year ago? So that means...that you have accelerated aging?

Varas wrinkled her nose a little as the surgical droid fused the cyberhand on and then placed it gently on her lap so that she could rest for a little bit and let the bacta begin the healing process. Nerves sparking back to life she experienced that phantom limb feeling, almost as though she could wiggle imaginary fingers. But the process was not that quick. It would be a few days until she would be able to flex the joints enough to hold a lightsaber.

Isn’t this what my life is about? Holding a weapon with which to do harm?

Oddly in the presence of Primat, she felt her inconsequential existence might be worth something after all.

She suppressed a pout at the sight of her brother with his shirt back on. That’s how everything was supposed to be, right? Both of us just going back to our quarters to meditate and await the call of Sieger, her father or whoever was in charge now, ordering the pair back into action. But Primat did say they could go to Tamora, so now she began playing out a holofilmstrip in her head about how the two of them would get there. And then perhaps he could tell her more about how to disown Kyrel.

“I thought you knew I was a clone,” Varas said softly, feeling ashamed, but not exactly knowing why. "So yes accelerated aging. Only in the beginning. I'm aging normally now."

[member="Primat Ren"]

[member="Varas Ren"]

Primat's shoulders and upper chest area still felt inflamed in pain. Not because of his fight with Varas earlier. Well, in part it was from their fight and him getting thrown into a wall. However, it had to do more so due to the medical droid messing with the two lightsaber wounds that had stretched across his shoulders and part of his upper chest. Which, would leave scars undoubtedly. Though he didn't care much for that, wincing as he rolled his shoulders back to test the movement in his arms. He felt pain spiderweb outwards from his shoulders when he rolled them backwards, much to his displeasure and annoyance. Well, I'm not going to do that again. I can still move my arms, of course, though I should let my wounds heal more before doing so. Wouldn't want to go and bleed all over the place.

The glacier blue eyes of Primat had momentarily shifted away from the face of Varas as his thoughts began to think back to Tamora. However, those thoughts were soon interrupted when Varas began to speak once more. And her words at first, surprised him. “I thought you knew I was a clone,” He knew she was a clone, of course he did. She had told him that just now so...why was Varas, all of the sudden, unsure of that. Why was she acting all apprehensive and nervous about it? He didn't have any idea as to why she was feeling inadequate and ashamed as was evident by her body language and tone of voice. Without hesitating, Primat stood up, shewing the med-droid away as he walked over to Varas. He winced as he stood up, his covered wounds alight with pain once more. Though, he chose to ignore the pain and not allow it from stopping him.

Sitting down beside Varas with about a foot and a half between the two, he looked at her. "Hey, Varas look at me. I do know you're a clone. You...you shouldn't feel ashamed to be a clone, you're just like anybody else. Just because you were born in a lab, doesn't mean anything. It does not define who you are, it doesn't represent who you are, Varas. Don't feel inadequate about yourself just because you came from Kamino, from a cloning pod...because you are not inadequate, you are the farthest thing from that. Trust me on that, I wouldn't lie to you, I would never...lie to you."

While Varas went into the throne room itching for a fight, the day had turned out so differently than she’d imagined. Primat was the first brother she had really gotten to know - behind the mask. She doubted she would be attacking any of her colleagues again, especially not the man beside her.

The thin mattress dipped with the weight of her brother’s weight upon it. Just his closeness caused a distracting heat to swell through her body. She felt vulnerable lying down with Primat right there, but exhaled slowly to calm her nerves.

Her eyes locked onto his, her smile thin, not giving much emotion away. But inside she drank up every word as though it was a more healing elixir than any that a doctor could prescribe. Her real hand crept towards his as the words “Thank you” tumbled from her lips, but unfortunately she would not be allowed to make the warm contact she craved. Not yet.

Like a Coruscant emergency room, apparently there was a factory-like atmosphere in the medbay and her surgical droid asked: “Can you walk? I need this bed for someone else.”

Groaning, Varas swung her feet around and hauled herself up on her feet.

“I-I have to go rest now. Brother, farewell for now.”

[member="Primat Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom