Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All good things must have a beginning

Nefertari was catching some sun outside the Jedi Temple on Ossus. Things had been getting better for her lately, her nightmares were becoming less and less common, her confidence was coming back, etc. In short, Nefertari was up to being a Jedi again. Some new padawans had arrived just the other day, she went to see about taking one of them on. She was excited; if this worked out, it would be something neither of them soon forgot.

I looked through the databanks. The profile of a man not much younger than myself stuck out to me: Kiren Sepherus

"He seems promising" I thought to myself

Soon after, I was before the Council as I said the words "I hereby take Kiren Sepherus on as my padawan learner"

Kiren had been on Ossus for a day, the boy with the spiky black hair and ice blue eyes caught some luck when he stole a box of fruit while a visiting jedi was watching on his home planet of Makeb. Afterwards he had been taken to a shuttle and taken Off-world after the jedi had finished his mission. 'Im finally getting some luck in my life.' he thought as he paced down the temple halls, he wanted to get the layout of the temple as soon as possible for his hopefully many days here.

As Kiren turned at a corner, a group of jedi approached him "The council requests your presence." they said to him 'Did i already get into trouble?' the boy thought as he was taken towards the council room.
Long story-short he was told that a woman by the name of Nefertari Sovint, a jedi knight, had taken him as her Padawan.
'Already? I must have made quite the impression with that fruit accident if people are already trying to take me as their padawan.' Kiren thought as he left the council room and left to meet his master who was waiting outside.

As walked out of the council room the only person standing outside was a young looking woman with long Brown hair, pretty eyes, and a robotic hand. ​'Is that….' Kiren thought while looking at the girl, she couldn't have been that much older than he was, the council had given him to a first time master. 'She might not be Master Nefertairi, maybe she's going into the council too.' Kiren smiled at the thought

"Umm…hello there." He said to the Jedi awkwardly "By any chance do you know were Master Nefertari is?"

'So she is my new master?' Kiren thought, suprised by the jedi's response to his question 'Maybe she's older than she looks.' the boy sighed, knowing that it wasn't the truth. "Yes actually, i am Kiren sepherus.' He extended his hand and shook the woman's hand "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise" I said, it was obvious he was surprised that I wasn't much older than him. However, he was my apprentice and that was that.

"I am already aware of your lack of formal training, so where would you like to start?" I asked him. I liked this padawan already. He seemed a bit rough, but not beyond work.

[member="Kiren sepherus"]

Kiren thought the question over for a minute, any one of these things could save his life one day 'Better start with the basics though.'
the boy thought.
"How about just force training for today" the boy said, getting a ready stance

"Very well, we will start with force push and force pull. I'll attempt to sweep your legs, you try to push me back." I'd jump back and say "Ready? Here I come!"

"I thought we would start with something a bit easier, like lifting ro-" Kiren said before he was cut off as his mentor began to charge. Kiren panicked and began to rapidly think of pushing 'Please work, please work.' Kiren opened on eye, only to see that his master was still approaching.
The boy felt the air leave his lungs as his legs were swept out from under him and he fell to the ground.

(Sorry for short post)

(It's ok, I've seen shorter)

"Sorry, I got excited. I guess I'm inexperienced." I said to him, helping him up "If you insist" Taking my datadagger and blaster out, as well as removing the blastpack; I tossed the three items to different places in the room. "Return each item to me without touching them"

Kiren watched quietly as his master tossed the items from her bag across the room "Return each item to me without touching them." his master said said after she placed the items across the room. The boy sighed before starting the trying task, he closed his eyes and focused on the objects 'I failed before, i'll have to impress now.' Kiren focused on the blastpack and thought of lifting it up. Not seeing if it was working, he thought of putting it down next to the blaster, the boy opened one eye to see if it had worked, pride rushed into him as he saw that his effort had paid off. 'So far so good.'

The boy began focusing on the blaster, the same way he had with the blastpack, he opened one eye to coordinate what he had planed. Kiren saw that the blaster had lifted off the floor, he continued by lifting the blaster into the blastpack and refocused on the blastpack. He focused on lifting it over to the datadagger to repeat the process, Kiren lifted the datadagger into the bag with the force before lifting back up the blastpack. His continued use of the force was starting to tire him and it took all his effort to lift the blastpack back up and let it levitate over to his master, he sat down and sighed as he let settle down on the ground next to her "Pretty good huh?" Kiren said sarcastically.

(OCC- Sorry for delay between posts. My guess is that the blastpack is a sort of bag, but correct me in case im wrong.)

​"Yes…i'm fine, just a bit winded." Kiren said, replying to his master "Can we go ahead and try lightsaber combat?" the boy asked quietly, Kiren was eager to begin training with the legendary weapons and it clearly showed, but he was also worried to why he was so tired from using the force.

"Of course. However, I don't want to use a live blade on you just yet."
I tossed my padawan a training saber.
"At this point, I can teach you Shii-cho, Makashi, or a bit of Ataru."

Kiren had never heard of any of the fighting forms so he decided on the one with the name that stook out to him "How about Makashi?" the boy said, getting into a ready position with the training saber. The weabon was strange, all the weight in the hilt.

I ignited the training saber. "Makashi, nice choice. A form best suited to duels."
"Copy this stance" I spread my feet shoulder width apart and moved into a single-handed low guard.

Kiren studied his masters stance for a second before complying, he spread his feat shoulder length apart and did his best to copy the single-handed low guard. "Is this good?" he said, looking at his master

"Experience will do you well, but that is good"
"The first part of Makashi to learn is to prevent disarmament. That way, you can defend yourself with little to no effort."
I changed my stance
"I'll hold back a bit. Your goal is to keep me from hitting your hilt."

The boy listened carefully as his master explained 'So just don't let her hit the hilt? Shouldn't be too hard.' he brought the hilt of the weapon a little closer to himself "Alright, im ready." he said, his thumb waiting carefully to ignite the saber. As he awaited his masters attack, he was confident enough that he could defend himself against his masters attacks.

Kiren sepherus said:
The boy listened carefully as his master explained 'So just don't let her hit the hilt? Shouldn't be too hard.' he brought the hilt of the weapon a little closer to himself "Alright, im ready." he said, his thumb waiting carefully to ignite the saber. As he awaited his masters attack, he was confident enough that he could defend himself against his masters attacks.
Edit: Edited it to make it a bit more detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom