Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alei? Do you wanna build a snowman?

Spencer typed quickly on a holographic keyboard. She had been having nightmares about a certain Ghostling and she was suddenly worried about the girl. Not seeing her with in the walls of the Senate and not having her in the Temple either. Chewing on her thumb she sent the message quickly inviting the girl to the planet Hoth. Spencer hadn’t been to the planet in some time and the cold was always comforting to her in an odd way. Standing from her chair she took in a deep breath and headed to the bridge of the Peregrine and flew off towards the planet where Ice and Snow dominated.

Aleidis,
Do you want to build a snowman? Common lets go and play…I never see you anymore, it’s like you’ve gone away…I wish you would tell me why…
I miss you.
Spencer

The modified ship landed and a girl emerged from the hanger. A heavily cloaked figure moved quickly along the folds of snow. The longer she walked, slowly the clothing peeled away. First the heavy cloak was gone, and then a thinner jacket peeled and landed against the ground. Spencer continued to lose her clothing till she arrived in the middle of a snow bank in only her Echani robes. The wind whipped around her and she used Tapas to keep herself warm as she kept her mind open to the young ghostling.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

When she received Spencer's message, Aleidis was confused. Who had time for that sort of worry, when there were problems to be solved across the Galaxy? Viruses turning people into insane machines, wars breaking out - and Spencer wanted to build a snowman? She wanted to play?

It had to be some sort of code. A cry for help, a friend in need - something more than what was on the surface, right? After all, when was the last time someone had called upon the Ghostling and actually just wanted to have fun with her? Aside from Codi, of course, who lived with her. But then, aside from that last visit, Spencer seemed immune to the kind of dramatic bubble Aleidis surrounded herself with. It could just be taken at face value, perhaps. But could she really afford to take the time away to go... play?

After a bit of deliberation and self-aggrandizing, Aleidis realized that she was going to acquiesce either way. She wanted to see Spencer, regardless of the circumstances. After sending a brief message in the affirmative, she was en-route.

The Ghostling landed on Hoth, bundled up as completely as she'd ever been - having never been to Hoth before, she'd prepared as best she could. Bundled up in a black thermal peacoat and a long, flowing red scarf that the blizzard-strength winds whipped around her head and shoulders. She wasn't trying to hide her presence at all; Spencer would know the second she landed, more than likely. Which was more or less the point. When she spotted the older girl standing in a snowbank in something that looked better suited to the streets of Coruscant, the teenager blinked in surprise before advancing through the snow. "What's wrong with you? Aren't you FREEZING?"

A grin swept across her face as she felt the presence of the girl enter the planet, it was interesting the way the connections worked. The sense of her blood lingered she could feel it somewhere in the galaxy and if she wanted to truly hide…well there was no hiding from Spencer. Remembering the meeting back on Coruscant, Spencer of course learned to respect people’s space and figured Alei would come out of hiding when she wanted too. Spencer closed her eyes and focused on the blood trail, it was drawing closer which meant she decided to come.

The voice cracked through the storm and Spencer ignored her for a moment as she used the force to roll balls of snow on top of each other. After a few of the balls had become tall figures she walked around in a circle once more using the force to push aside the snow to look for small pebbles. Once she had found one, she would guide it towards the three snowballed figures till they each had three “buttons”, “eyes” and a mouth. Frowning, she continued to search for something feasible for a nose. Finally she had found icicles clinging to the entrance of a cave and she pulled long spikes and stuck them onto the faces of the snow people.

The snow continued to move by the Force Master’s will. Looking over her shoulder she looked towards Aleidis and shrugged.

“The cold has never bothered me, Ashin would yell at me about being barefoot in the middle of space. She taught me Tapas when I was a padawan ever since then I’ve been able to stay warm. There’s nothing wrong with me, I’m playing – what are you doing Aleidis? What’s wrong with you?”

Her attention returned to the snowmen and continued to play with the snow.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

Aleidis stood dumbfounded for a long moment as she watched Spencer continue to blithely roll snowmen. What was wrong with her? Where to start? She was still shaking off the melonchaly of a depression that she hadn't even realized the depth of while she was in. She was still one armed, and blamed herself for it - felt she deserved it. And she was pretty much penniless, so that was a thing. What was wrong with her? Lots. What did it matter? Shockingly little. Everybody had problems, and hers were relatively minor and/or her own doing.

The Ghostling paused to consider how to answer, and then realized that she didn't need to answer. Her answer would set the tone for the entire visit, and what Aleidis DIDN'T want was more commiseration. More offers of help when all she wanted to do was move on with her life. She could complain to Spencer, but did she really want hugs and sobbing and uncomfortable assurances that things would be okay? Not as much as she wanted to forget her problems for a bit. The teenager hesitated, before grinning and picking up a handful of snow. It was compressed into a tight ball, before she hucked it at the woman who was easily the closest thing she had to a sister in the Galaxy.

"You're showing off, is what you're doing!" Aleidis taunted cheerfully, before launching herself through the snow on a collision course with the blonde. She had her belt on (for once) so why not surprise Spencer with a loving tackle into the powdery snow?

Spencer remained focused on the snowmen as well as the snow castle she had started to build. Her mind was determined to build something to hide in; she was growing tired of the tension she was dealing with as the Lady of the Fringe. Ashin had trained her to be diplomatic, she had trained her to be the person people looked too, but did she want all of that…no. Spencer wanted to live somewhere happily alone with Ashin, but it seemed that they were destined to rule some part of the galaxy. The strain of a double life weighed on her shoulders along with the constant battle to remain neutral. As comfortable as she was in the middle ground, it was a battle every day with her heart, mind and the rest of the galaxy at large.

The snowmen and the blocks of snow for the castle moved carelessly as she listened to Aleidis’ emotions flaring in all different direction. Spencer had seen out of the corner of her eye the missing arm along, she wondered how it happened, but she didn’t ask. Her hazel eyes tore from the girl as she looked back towards the smallest snowman, his head oddly shaped as she frowned.

Imperfection.

It was sudden, but she felt something shift a marker of mischief and she looked to see a snowball hurling toward her. Raising her hand she stopped it with the Force, but she couldn’t stop the charging Ghostling.

“Alei-!! Umph---“

Landing onto the small snowman and several snow “bricks” she blinked and sat up slightly with the Ghostling in her lap. Forgetting about the telekinesis that was holding the snowball from hitting her, it fell landing on her head with a thud. Snow trickled down her blonde hair as she blinked surprised how in the end Alei had gotten what she sought out to accomplish.

“Alei what are you doing? Haha, I thought – wait a minute how did you do that?”

Blinking rapidly, she wiped the snow that clung to her bangs. Curiosity wrinkled her face as she tried to figure out something. Had Aleidis figured out how to get around the fragility of being a Ghostling? Reaching out, she cautiously moved to run the tip of her fingers gently against the girl’s face. Hesitant of course since she didn’t want to make it seem like she was invading personal space…

Though the young Jedi Master did start it all.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

What planning! What perfect strategy! To tackle someone who's stopped a snowball in such a way that the snowball STILL hit her in the head! How Aleidis wished she could take credit for that beautiful moment of serendipity, but serendipity was all it'd been. Giggling as she put her hand on Spencer's shoulder to keep herself upright, the Ghostling watched as Sencer's fingertips tentatively reached out for her cheek. "An inertial belt. Makes me about as stable as a human girl." Aleidis explained with a cheeky smile. Sure, she'd had the damn thing for years, but she'd worn it more in the past two months than she had since Circe had given it to her. After all, she was already missing an arm - she needed all the help she could get.

With zero shame or worry for the fact that she was basically straddling the Lady of the Fringe, Aleidis squealed with joy and leaned down to give Spencer the tightest hug one arm could produce. "I missed you so much~!" The black-garbed Ghostling admitted affectionately.

There were only a few people in this galaxy that Spencer allowed this closeness. She was usually afraid of this sort of intimacy and now she had a Ghostling in her lap straddling her. Blinking, she was drawn into the hug tightly. It took her a moment, but as soon as the hug registered in her mind, she wrapped her arms tightly around the girl whom she had never hugged before. A gesture so simple warmed her as she nuzzled softly – it was something she needed in the midst of everything that was happening around her.

Her body would be warm as the Force essentially turned her into a walking heater. She focused the force into the force power a little more to hopefully give Alei a bit of warmth as well. As much as she didn’t want to after a few moments she pulled away and smiled softly. The hug was nice and her eyes glanced towards the missing arm.

“You seem well, but you also seem to have gotten yourself into a bit of a situation…who did it to you?”

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

Aleidis blinked in surprise as she leaned back. After her somewhat dramatic fight at Contruum and ensuing conversation with the senate, she'd been under the impression that more people knew what was going on. The Ghostling rolled off of Spencer's lap to sit next to her in the snow. "Velok blew it off with lightning." She explained, her hand drifting to the clean flat spot where her shoulder was once connected to an arm. "But I stopped him, and avenged those planets he slaughtered, so it's... kind of a fair trade, I guess." A one-armed shrug was an odd thing to see, but Aleidis found herself doing it out of necessity.

As Spencer was a blonde radiator, Aleidis leaned over and rested her head on the woman's shoulder and sighed in relief. "So, you said something about wantin' to build a snowman?" Aleidis asked cheerfully, glancing up at Spencer.

Spencer listened and her body tensed slightly as she heard that this was Velok’s doing. Her body tensed even more when she heard that the girl had stopped him and how it was a fair trade. The girl’s head rested against her and she looked down seeing the girl that killed one of the closest things to a father figure she had, someone that was her master and the one that married Ashin and her. So much swirled in her mind that she had missed Alei’s question about building a snowman.

Blinking once, then twice, she looked away slightly and forced a smile. How was she going to express her pain? How would she tell that the woman that felt she saved the galaxy by killing Velok and thus hurting Spencer in the long run? Spencer closed her eyes taking in a deep breath; she remembered bits of wisdom from the Whiphid that she had picked up over her time with him. Finally, looking back at Aleidis she shrugged slightly.

“Doesn’t sound like a fair trade; you were a hero so why should you be in constant suffering. As for Velok, he was my teacher for some time. I feel the Whiphid had moments where he was misunderstood, but the man was a puppet master and pulled the strings of many in the galaxy.”

Looking towards her feet, she rotated her toes inward and she sighed.

“That gorram Whiphid…”

Shooting a smile through tear welled eyes, she nodded quickly and laughed. She wanted to build snowmen, she wanted to dance in the snow and forget about everything that was going on in the forsaken galaxy. She was tired of trying to save it, she just wanted to act her age for once.

“I want to play in the snow and forget everything and everyone…is that okay? Will you join me?”

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

There was a hurricane of emotions swelling underneath Spencer's tone and words - a good deal of history that Aleidis herself wasn't privy to. She wasn't sure she wanted to be privy to it, though. Not if Spencer wasn't ready to share it. "You'd think that, but I did break my vows to do it - the pacifism ones." Aleidis explained with a muted smile as she stood up and brushed the snow from her behind. "Codi thinks I'm being silly, but - well, things are tight enough, you know? There's no way I can afford a prosthetic that won't backfire or fall apart."

It was on her list of things to do, sure. But far down on that list. There were tons of more important things for her to deal with, her own welfare was negligible.

But she wasn't here to gripe about her problems, and she really didn't want to ask anyone for help after being shot down so many times. Instead, Aleidis leaned down and grabbed Spencer's hand. "C'mon~! On your feet!" Aleidis ordered playfully, before taking off across the snow like... well, an elf. She'd spent her childhood running across leaves and branches on a cold planet, so this wasn't incredibly different - aside from the fact that Hoth snow was heavier than Datar's ever became. "You'll never catch me, sitting on your big behind!" Aleidis teased cheerfully.

Spencer listened and nodded, she agreed with this Codi about Alei being silly about the situation. There were ways for her; Spencer had given her the way. It was possible that Aleidis didn’t fully understand the letter that she had given her back when she was the Supreme Chancellor. A smile crossed Spencer’s face, of course the woman hadn’t fully known what the letter meant, the passing of the sovereignty of the planet. The girl wanted to play and that’s what they were going to do. Standing quickly as ordered, Spencer dusted off the snow that collected on her clothing.

For a moment, she watched Aleidis’ playful run and listened to her taunts. Growing up she had sisters, but they were far older than her, she had her nieces and nephews, but again they were older. Remembering her sisters, she paused for a moment remembering one that she briefly remembered hearing about. Once more a pain shook her heart, but she held it in. Looking back towards the girl, she took off running after her. Stopping some distance away, she gathered the force and chased the small Ghostling with a giant snowball hovering over her head.

Spencer laughed as she launched the ball toward Aleidis.

“You can afford it Aleidis, stop being silly. You never read that letter did you? To its full extent – in it I named you the heir to the throne of Eshan.”

Smiling, she had asked the girl to be better than her in more ways than one.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

Aleidis felt something coming and, while perhaps using the Force wasn't fair in a playful game, Spencer wasn't following that either. She yelped and dove to one side to avoid the oncoming snowball, managing to avoid getting even grazed by the powdery projectile. "Yeah, but it's not my money - it's Eshan's money." The Ghostling replied breathlessly, packing a snowball the old-fashioned way; with her mittens and a fair tolerance for the cold. "I'd feel bad spending it on myself, especially when I haven't actually claimed the throne or done anything for the planet."

"If I go there, to be queen, I'll likely never leave." Aleidis explained with an apologetic tone, hucking the snowball at Spencer. "There's too much I gotta do before I even think about settlin' down like that." She knew herself - she knew how she reacted to duty and obligation. And after what ruling many worlds had done to her health and relationships, Aleidis wasn't even close to picking that torch up again. Codi would likely cut off her other arm rather than see that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom