OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To update the Fangcraft for 5.1
- Image Source: pinterest.com
- Canon Link: Nssis-Class Clawcraft
- Permissions: N/A
- Primary Source: Previous Submission
- Manufacturer: Chiss Ascendancy
- Model: Aksii-Class Fangcraft
- Affiliation: Chiss Ascendancy
- Production: Limited
- Material: Trimantium hull and curved wings, transparisteel, starfighter systems & components
- Classification: Starfighter
- Length: 7.65 meters
- Width: 3.5 meters
- Height: 3.5 meters
- Armament: Average
- 2 Heavy Maser Cannons
- Defenses: Average
- Squadron Count: Average (12)
- Maneuverability Rating: High
- Speed Rating: High
- Hyperdrive Class: N/A
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Deflector Shield Generator
- Standard Ion Engines
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Repulsorlift Engines
- Standard Sensor Array
- Hyperwave Transceiver
- Subspace Transceiver
- Distress Beacon
- Ejection Seat
- Two adjustable curved wings, with two mounted control jets for sharp turns and complex maneuvers
- High-grade Chiss inertial compensators, for high performance piloting
- 4x Phantom-class Short-Range Sensor Jammer
- Very swift and agile, capable of outspeeding and outmaneuvering many other fighters in the current market.
- High-grade inertial compensators allow pilots to perform maneuvers with minimal strain.
- Equipped with a strong sensor disruption and targeting system.
- Limited support options, with no explosive or ion capability.
- Limited field of view from within cockpit, causing reliance on sensor data for peripheral awareness.
- No hyperdrive, has to rely on transport craft to and from battle.
- Not as capable of advanced control jet maneuvers as the Nssis-Class Clawcraft, having only two curved wings and two control jets (compared to the usual four).
Given the cost of producing the more advanced Nssis-Class Clawcraft, the design and development of the Aksii-Class Fangcraft was the solution to compete with opponent's large, disposable squadron counts. The solution was to pull back the original specifications, see what could be adjusted, and ultimately create a new type of Nssis-Class fighter that was more readily produced and supplied to the Chiss Ascendancy and House Phalanxes as a whole.
In recent years, the Fangcraft has gone through many retrofits to reach the state it is at today. The weapon systems haev been heavily upgraded from the previous iteration in order to make the Fangcraft a larger threat than before. Also, while the original Fangcraft was more maneuverable than it was fast, the second iteration has balanced those 2 factors, making the Aksii both fast and agile.