Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Akama

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Thanks [member="Arisa Yune"] for the help.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a programming language that uses bio-computing
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: N/A

Permissions: N/A
Primary Source:

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Aladon
Affiliation: Aladon. Other Programmers
Market-Status: Open Market
Model: Akama
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass Production
Material: Software
SPECIAL FEATURES
-Multi-paradigm language
-Bioprogramming language
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES

• Uses classical and quantum datatypes:Data can be expressed in both bits, and qubits, so it makes it easier for those who don't know quantum computing to do their stuff.
Strengths:
-More familiar for the programmer who only uses classical programming languages
-Uses classical and quantum datatypes
-Versatile
-The fact that it is a programming language designed specifically for bio applications naturally makes it immune to mechu-duru.
Weaknesses :
Familiarity, but no backwards compatibility with older architectures.
-Can't be used in any classical/analog computers, etc.

DESCRIPTION
Akama is a programming language developed by Mala Ciava, better known as 'Enigma'. 'Enigma', best known for founding the programming language, 'Eterneva', decided it was time to step up the game. The Open Source Queen decided to break away from her tradition, deciding to develop one of the fewest, if not the only bioprogramming language in the galaxy.*

Like Eterneva, it is a quantum programming language It also supports the same syntax as Eterneva. What makes it different from that is that it is a multi-paradigm programming language, meaning it supports various paradigms, and that allows it to use different syntax.**

Another difference between Eterneva and Akama is that the syntax can be encrypted using various quantum cryptographic protocols, allowing the programmer to be able to encrypt his own syntax when its hacked.

What makes it extremely useful is that it is invulnerable to force based attacks due to it being a bio-based programming language. It not only can be used in bio-computers, but on living life forms like biots; and for bio-engineering, like modifying an individual's DNA. Nevertheless, it inherits an important weakness. The fact that it can't use classical computers(something I'm assuming is still widely used on SW) makes it's usage limited.

*OOC: I'd assume stuff like that exist since it's SW, and there are indications of certain stuff existing in real life, as bio computers do exist, according to varying reports.
**OOC: C++, C, and Pascal are objected oriented programming languages. Akama is unique that it allows this, but it can use syntax from a language like Python. This are not new concepts, and are used a lot in computer science.

-Updated to 5.1 template
-Updated links & description
-Changed to Mass Production
-Changed to Open Market
-Removed canon precedent.
-Added primary sources
-Updated strengths, specifically this line: "The fact that it is a programming language designed specifically for bio applications naturally makes it immune to mechu-duru."

Last edited:
[member="Mala Ciava"]

If you are using a biot, then you need all the weaknesses a normal biot would have. Please add the following:

• A biot is a living entity, if it dies, then it no longer will work.
  • It will need to be allergic to bafforr pollen
  • Much like with Yuuzhan Vong, it should still be susceptible to force lighting and any second hand force interference, IE, with enough air pressure, the biot may be harmed.
  • No Force user may be able to use this.
Drop production down to Limited for such a biot, especially since you are mixing it with technology.

As for the invulnerable to force based attacks, that isn't correct, so please edit accordingly.

[member="Mala Ciava"]

With Cira stepping down, I will be taking over the second chance. My thoughts mirror what she has requested also I've seen it's been a couple of days since she has posted. You have until the 19th to edit/respond or the submission will be denied and archived.

[member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Mala Ciava"]

Because this submission was pulled for second chance and the submitter has abandoned it for a week without making the changes, the submission is not eligible for second chance. Based upon its current state I'm going to label this submission DENIED

Krayzen Dratos Krayzen Dratos

Apologies for the delay, it's been a busy month for me.

Before we get started there are 2 things we'll need to address right off the bat.

1) Template

The submission doesn't actually meet the current template, please update it accordingly.

2) Biot

You refer to the submissions being a biot a lot here, but from what I can tell this is a programming language for biological computers. Am I correct? Where does the biot element come in?

I'm not sure to be honest. It would be dependent on how it's being used. I suppose if it was from a biot being used or a living computer brain(like the Duros Bio-Comp 1000) then it wouldn't be immune to a mind-trick; but this would be dependent on the living thing(s) itself, not the programming language.

So basically, it depends on the application itself. I think this would be outside of the tech profile itself.

John Locke John Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom