Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Akama 1.4

Is A Great Slicer To Work With
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To make something for mass-production
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/111947-akama/

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Aladon
Model: Leva
Affiliation: Aladon
Modularity: It can be updated, and new things can be added in.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Software/Biot
SPECIAL FEATURES
-Can be used as a high, middle, and low-level language.
"Uses classical and quantumdatatypes:Data can be expressed in both bits, and qubits, so it makes it easier for those who don't know quantum computing to do their stuff."
-Object-oriented programming language
-Multi-paradigm language
-Syntax can be encrypted with a variety of quantum encryption protocols

Strengths:
"-More familiar for the programmer who only uses classical programming languages
-Versatile
-The fact that it uses biot makes it immune toforce based attacks, including but not limited to mental attacks, and mechu-deru"
Weaknesses:
"Familiarity, but nobackwards compatibility with older architectures.
-Can't be used in any classical/analog computers, etc"
DESCRIPTION
Akama 1.4 is an update to the programming language Akama, and it's father,Eterneva. Working alone on the project as a way to show his appreciation for what Aladon had given him, the slicer decided to add in numerous modules, etc to make the program more versatile and useful.

Retaining all ofit's previous features, strengths, and weaknesses, the only difference is that it is more common among Aladon members, where previously the program was only known to it's founder, "Enigma".

[member="Malen"]

Hello! Let's get crack-a-lackin!

Can you please cite where the use of a Biot causes the tech it is molded with to be immune to Force? I'm aware that the Vong have a specific tolerance to Force based attacks, but that is in reference to the race itself. Even then, they still are vulnerable to certain Force based attacks.

I was only informed that by an indiviudual, however in regards to the main arguement per the Mechu-duru page on the Wookie, it states that it is used against "inanimate and robotic constructs." Biot is a living thing, that has been altered to be able to be used as biotech, so I don't think Mechu-duru could be used for that. Furthermore, to my knowledge, I have never seen it being used against anything related to biotech, which I believe further affirms the fact that it can't be used on biotech.

[member="The Major"]

[member="Malen"]

While I can see the case for the device to be immune to Mechu-duru there is still -to my knowledge- and searching of the Wookie, no canonical evidence of Biotech itself being immune to Force attacks simply because it is "living" seems to exist. Unless you can find this reference where I have failed to, please rework this submission with these limitations in mind. I can also imagine that this device would be resistant to EMP or Ion attacks, so consider that a plus.

Let me know what you think. I'll also check with my fellow judges to see if there is any precedence of biotech working in the way you imagine.

Thank you

[member="The Major"]

When you have the power clearly state it isn't used on living objects, and it explained what it can be used against, the evidence is clearly there.

Please archive the submission, I'd like to second chance it.

[member="Malen"]

If you are using a biot, then you need all the weaknesses a normal biot would have. Please add the following:

• A biot is a living entity, if it dies, then it no longer will work.
  • It will need to be allergic to bafforr pollen
  • Much like with Yuuzhan Vong, it should still be susceptible to force lighting and any second hand force interference, IE, with enough air pressure, the biot may be harmed.
  • No Force user may be able to use this.
Drop production down to limited for such a biot, especially since you are mixing it with technology.

As for the invulnerable to force-based attacks, that isn't correct, so please edit accordingly.

[member="Malen"]

With Cira stepping down, I will be taking over your second chance. My thoughts mirror what she has requested also I've seen it's been a couple of days since she has posted. You have until the 19th to edit/respond or the submission will be denied and archived.

[member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Malen"]

Because this submission's submitter requested a second chance and the submitter has abandoned it for a week without making the changes, the submission is not eligible for second chance. Based upon its current state I'm going to label this submission DENIED

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom