Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AIXCX-01 "Hyperion" Power Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
mage_cell_small_v3_copy.jpg

Image Source: http://www.playemergence.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/mage_cell_small_v3_copy.jpg
Intent: To develop a power cell that can provide energy to more extensive cybernetics for Aurora Industries to use
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
Model: AIXCX-01 "Hyperion Power Cell
Affiliation: Aurora Industries
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material: Diatium, copper, agrinium

Strengths:
+ Power cell is able to tap into the body's natural burning of glucose and fats to create a stored supply of energy up to 600 watts
+ The Diatium copper power cell never needs to replaced except damaged by external factors due to diatium's ability to recharge indefinitely
+ Power cell is only used to power cybernetics that have been implanted in the body, otherwise the cell does not lose energy and need not be recharged

Weaknesses:
+ If the power cell is damaged, the cell has the chance to violently explode and severely injure/kill the person implanted with it
+ Since the power cell taps into fats and glucose to create its stored power, the being implanted with it must consume more to meet both the body's needs and the power cell's while the cell is recharging. If not enough is consumed, then the being implanted has the needed energ reserves drained from them and they are weakened
+ If the energy supply is depleted, the being implanted with the power cell cannot use the cybernetics reliant on the power cell

Description:

Developed in secret as part of Aurora Industries's Project TITAN by their Nar Shaddaa facility, the AIXCX-01 "Hyperion" Power Cell is designed to allow a being to power more extensive and powerful cybernetics. Created using agrinium as the casing, to protect against any excess heat or radiation produced, the Hyperion power cell uses diatium and copper to create a large storage area for energy. Having a capacity of 600 watts, the cell is able to tap into the body's natural processes when burning fat or glucose to charge itself. Due to diatium's ability to recharge itself, the power cell does not need to be replaced unless damaged in some way. The cell also has a failsafe that only allows it to be used to power cybernetics that are designed to draw from its pool of power.

The cell, if damaged, does have a chance to violently explode that could result in severe injury or death. Those who are implanted with the cell have to consume more fats and glucose as they have to meet the needs of the cell's recharge cycle and their body's needs, but the cell only causes this increased consumption while charging. A final note about the power cell is that if the energy supply is depleted, the cybernetics drawing from it cannot be used.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

I am not immensely worried about the science of it all, this is star wars after all.

But I think a few things needs to be addressed, first of is there a chance that if a person does not consume enough food, that the power cell has a risk of draining the person's energy reserves? Draining too much and leaving them weakened?

If so, please add this to the weaknesses.

Also, considering this is a foreign thing being implemented into a body, wouldn't there be a risk that the body rejects it entirely? Again, this is Star Wars, so I don't think that would be a high risk, but I think it would be an interesting roleplay opportunity. Ala Deus Ex. Let me know your thoughts.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Tai Fa"]

Added in the draining of body's reserves if they don't eat enough, leaving the person weakened. As for the body potentially rejecting it, while it might be an interesting idea to toy with, I'm not sure if it would happen with how advanced the technology of Star Wars is and how cyborgs we've seen in Disney canon and Legends. I think even in Deus Ex, one of the later games in the timeline, they had solved that problem of a cybernetic getting rejected. What would you suggest about it?

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

That's a fair point and in all honesty this is mostly flavor, because people already use cybernetics without bothering with charge times and the sort.

With the weakening-portion added, this is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom