Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aid and Beskar (PM for invite)

"Well you'll just have to repay me sometime," James said with a grin.

The last of the hostages filled onto the Angel and he took his spot at the controls. It was a tight squeeze for them but it wouldn't be too rocky of a ride, or that long. A few moments later the passengers were filing out to safety as James watched, leaning on his landing prop. He took a sip of the urqa in his hand. Not too bad, if he did say so.

The mayor of the town came forward, "Thank you for help us. You could have just left us there."

James laughed and patted the man on the shoulder, "That's what we do, mate. If ye ever needs more help again, call me, 'aight?"

The man nodded, "We know you lost your cargo so we would like to repay you."

"Ye don't need to do that for me," James said with a modest wave. "I were careless."

He looked James squarely in the eyes, "My wife and children, they are alive because of you two. We are free because of you two. Please."

James sighed, bowing his head, he relented, "Aight, aight, what did ye have in mind?"

"The least we can do is load your ships full of Beskar."

James blinked. He took a moment to recover, "I won't say no to that, mate."

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

Every Rose Has its Thorns
The last of the pirates dispatched amongst the warehouse, Ruby had a droid come over and put them on a grav sled. Wicked they may have been but they went down fighting like warriors so a true burial they would get. She ascended through the city, back up to the surface to see the center tower burning.

So thats what he meant by a fiery flower.

She put all of her weapons away and headed towards the star port where she assumed the Angel had taken the escapees. Shocked would be the only word to describe her face at the utter excitement and fervor these people already had upon being released. She was practically dragged by the ecstatic and joyful citizens to where James was, in the middle of the happy mob of people.

"Seems like they're pretty glad to be free hm?" She playfully elbows the freighter in the side as they drop her out beside her and some news groups take pictures.

James grinned back, "Eh just a little."

He gave the camera several of his most dashing smiles. To say he enjoyed being in the limelight was an understatement. He was a man of many things, but humility was not one of them. He took the opportunity to wrap an arm around Ruby Rose as several of the workers began loading the promised beskar on the Angel.

"I think we make a fething good team," he said to Ruby with a wink. "If I said most jobs were like this would you," he deliberately paused, flicking the ashes off his cigarette. "be willing to stick around?"

Reed came pushing his way through the crowd to the Angel. He was more than willing to give an angry warble or a shove to get his way.

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

The Defender gave the camera a wry smile and takes a few photos. She wasn't particularly fond of the press, let along having her picture all over it if she could help it. Ruby ducks under the arm of the flirtatious freighter and turns towards her ship, waving lightly back towards him. She didn't have much use for the beskar they were loading on board but she could find something to do with it.

"We do work pretty well together," She hollers back. "I wouldn't mind working with you on jobs like these to help the people, so long as you remember the term boundaries."

She smirks back and climbs aboard the crescent helping the loading crews along with the force before closing the loading ramp and giving the locals a wave.

"I am nothing if not a gentleman, love," he shouted back with a laugh.

Reed warbled for his young ward to join him in the Angel. The near human gave a final wave and smile to the civilians before climbing aboard and taking off. Another job well done. Another set of civilians saved and a set of pirates killed. It was a good day.

Grabbing a bottle of ale James sat in the pilot's chair. "Oi, what a good day mate," he pat Reed's head and set the course for zeltron. It was time for a party. And he didn't know of a better planet do do so with the chance of getting a job on the way too....

[member="Ruby Rose"]

Ruby Rose

"X4, get us up into the space, let the captain of the Angel that if he needs us for another job feel free to contact us anytime," she instructs the droid before heading to her captains cabin, dropping off her combat gear and changing into more comfortable, casual clothes. It felt good to relax after a decent skirmish such as that one, maybe she should have stayed a bit longer.

The Crescent lifts off the platform and ascends through the atmosphere, on its way up into the stars, guided by the black and crimson astromech droid as it relays a recording of my message across to the Angel.

[member="James Justice"]

EPILOGUE.

Twilight had long fallen over the small floating city. They were at peace, liberated for the first time in months the could sleep freely, saved by a pair of freighters who turned into vigilante do-gooders seemingly in a matter of moments.

But the peace. That was a lie.

The cold, black cloaked-figure stepped across the gangplank. Their black leather boots clacking on the durasteel flooring. Through the dark streets they walked. The people were celebrating, partying their freedom in cantinas, homes, wherever they could. Little did they know, their liberation had attracted a nightmare darker than they could dream was possible.

The figure stepped into a loud pub. The music was blaring, people were in various states of inebriation, and many were dancing. Disgusting.

With a flick of their wrist, a knife was in the figure's hand and in one of the party-goer's throats. Before the body hit the floor, the knife flashed again, claiming another life. Then another, and another. After the fifth body fell, a woman screamed and all were trying to make their way in a terrified, loud escape.

"Silence!" shouted an emotionless, mechanical voice.

Everyone stopped, the music halted.

"Where are they?" the figure demanded, a red eye glowering from under its hood. "Where did they go?"

The figure looked around. Many of these people would die before they spoke, that much was clear. Then the rest would die. Everyone here was dead. The whole floating city, they were dead. They just didn't realize it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom