Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AI-321m "BurstStreak" Heavy Weapon System

Status
Not open for further replies.
dust514_rifle.jpg

Image Source: http://img1.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2011/12/09/dust514/dust514_rifle.jpg
Intent: To develop a multi-purpose blaster system using Sianium power cells for Aurora Industries to sell
Development Thread:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/76840-crackling-gun/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/77449-beware-of-what-lurks-in-the-shadows/
Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
Model: AI-321m "BurstStreak" Heavy Weapon System
Affiliation: Open-Market
Modularity: Additional modules to allow the weapon different firing modes, scopes can be added
Production: Mass-production
Material: Durasteel, blaster components, Sianium power cell

Classification: Blaster Rifle
Size: Handheld
Length: 56 cm, 70cm with sniper attachment
Weight: 5 kg, 6.5 kg with sniper attachment

Ammunition Type: Sianium Power cell, gas canister
Ammunition Capacity:
+ Sniper Mode - One shot per gas canister
+ Disruptor Mode - Thirty shots per gas canister
+ Burst/Automatic Modes - Two hundred and fifty shots per gas canister

Effective Range:
+ Sniper Mode - 1200m maximum
+ Disruptor Mode - 80m maximum
+ Burst/Automatic Mode - 400m maximum

Rate of Fire:
+ Sniper Mode - Single shot, depends on how fast reload can occur for the next shot
+ Disruptor Mode - Ten shots per minute
+ Burst Mode - Forty shots per minute
+ Automatic Mode - Sixty shots per minute

Special Features:
+ Modules allow for different fire modes
+ Sianium power cell gives bolts more strength
+ Sniper mode is able to blast through cover systems (such as duracrete barriers, nine centimeter walls) and normal metal materials (durasteel of roughly five centimeters thickness), not phrik or beskar and not something reinforced like a bunker

Description:

With Project Galvani in full swing now, it only remained for the new power cells to be incorporated into a weapon system they were designed for initially. Handing the duties of developing this new weapon to the Aurora Industries Jabiim facility, the AI-321m "BurstStreak" Heavy Weapon System was born.

Based on the idea of the older DC-17m weapon system used by Clone Commandos in the Clone Wars, the BurstStreak has multiple firing modes that make use of the increased strength and power that the Sianium grants the weapon system. Using various modules, the BurstStreak can be used as a sniper rifle, disruptor rifle, and a burst/automatic blaster rifle, depending on the situation a soldier needs the weapon for.

Because of the Sianium power cell, the gas canister used for ammo is depleted far faster as more gas is used per shot to compensate for the three time power increase the weapon has. The system also comes equipped with a quick eject system for the gas canister when it is used up, although it creates a distinctive and loud ping sound that an enemy will be able to identify as the user needing to reload their weapon.

The system also can overheat, meaning the Sianium power cell will become unstable and explode, so it is advised to use full automatic mode sparingly to avoid this danger. Also, because of the Sianium power cell, the system cannot be powered by other power cells as they incompatible with the power converters and inadequate in energy output for the BurstStreak.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Oooh, pretty.

I like what you've got going here. I'm glad you did some dev, because I'd be a little uncomfortable approving this thing for mass production without it. Bonus points for foresight.

There's one thing I'd like you to clarify, if you don't mind.

Taeli Raaf said:
+ Sniper mode is able to blast through cover systems and normal metal materials, not phrik or beskar

Could you be a little more specific here? Cover varies wildly. Are we talking about light cover, like walls? Heavy cover like bunkers? And exactly how much metal are we talking? I can buy maybe punching through walls or sheet metal or even light to medium armor, though the tougher the barrier the closer the range would have to be. Anyway, I'll leave specifics up to you, I just need a little more detail.

Thanks much.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom