Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ahch-To! Bless You!

To say that Lori was excited to go on a treasure hunt was a bit of an understatement. This was her own special project that she had arranged all by herself! Only her crew of the Jaster's Sparrow knew where they were going and just what they were up to. Moments before leaving Zakuul, she had told Arla, [member="Hawk Solo"] and [member="Gray Venasir"] to pack up food, gear, weapons and supplies for the trip to Ahch-To. Lucky for them it wasn't that far away. She had even sent a message on ahead to her brother [member="Caedyn Arenais"] to see if he had wanted to join her for an adventure. Whether he'd show up or not, she wasn't certain. But at least the invite was there.

As they dropped out of hyperspace, Lori stood watch in the cockpit. She let Hawk pilot the Mantis-class vessel while Arla prepared their packs. Gray was given the co-pilot chair. Ahch-To came into view, the planet looking like one giant ball of water. But really it housed a bunch of islands. She grinned and brought out a map of sorts that she had drawn out on a used piece of canvas, the other side of which had a painting on it of herself.

"We're going to one of the bigger islands near the equator. There's sort of a maze there, I think. Natually formed. The crown should be there somewhere." The crown in question wasn't one of jewels and gold, but an old Jedi artifact known as the Crown of Verity. Lori had done some research on the thing and it seemed like a great gift for her Mom. Then she could avoid being betrayed by people. Either that or she could give it to her Dad. Regardless, she wanted it! And the adventure that came along with it. It was good to be out with her own crew again. Here she had more control over things. Of course if there happened to be other artifacts there too, or treasure...all the better! It was hard to say though. The First Order could have cleared the planet of everything when it was in their hands. But it wasn't any longer.

"Set her down where you can, Hawk. Then we can all suit up and head out."

A clearing among an outcropping of mossy rocks was large enough for the Jaster's Sparrow to land. From the air it was easy to miss the hidden details. But there on the ground the stairs and carved rocks were visible. All of them clues.

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

[member="Loreena Arenais"]

“I see it. I see the island.” He says to Lori as he dives down toward the surface to skim the ocean. He laughs as some of water splashes on the cockpit. This was going to be an great adventure. It would be his first time crewing with Lori. She better be right about this. That this Crown would be here.

He spots a clearing near mossy rocks. It looked big enough for Jaster’s Sparrow to land. Careful, he sets the ship down with a slight thud. He grimaces slightly. “This place is strong with the force.” He says softly.

"Knight's Cloak"
C-ROC Gozanti-Class
Ship's Lounge

Khet studied the dejarik board, frowning. He tapped his long fingers on the table, a pattering that seemed to bother Rhaka Shahr.
Rhaka was a Yuuzhan Vong, tall even for his people at two and a half meters, but built of sinewy muscle and long limbs, making him impressive to behold without the scars, blood-tattoos and ceremonially divided lower jaw.
Except for when he crammed himself into a seated position to play the ancient game of strategy. With his legs supporting his elbows and his long fingers almost reaching the floor, Rhaka was more awkward than imposing.

The Yuuzhan Vong glowered at Khet with deep-set eyes, black as pitch except for a slight ring of red and silver.
"If you don't stop that," he said, his voice a low gravely thrum, like repulsors over loose stone. "I'm going to take them away."

Khet looked up at Rhaka from under his own dark brows. His golden eyes flashed a smile, even though his mouth only twitched. "Oh. I'm sorry. Is it bothering you?" He gestured at the table. "Rancor to your Ghrrk for a stealth kill."

Rhaka growled something in Yuuzhanese and returned to studying the board.

They had been in hyperspace for the better part of the standard week, and even alternating games of dejarik and sabaac did little to quell the growing tenseness from Khet's friend. Rhaka had sworn him a blood-dept years ago, and was largely accepting of technology - though Poe and Squire bothered him more than the ship, but less than the more humanoid droids, like the aging protocol droid at their last port.
But, if they could recover this Crown of Verity for their contractor, it would be worth it.
The pay would be enough to finish repairs to the ship, maybe even enough for him to really dig into his X-Wing, and fix the poor thing. He basically had to take Squire everytime, who was faster with repairs on the fly than Poe, who was better at navigation and plotting.

Just as Khet was watching his next three moves open up, Poe beeped a little sing-song from the forward cabin.
They were here.

~ ~ ~​

"That's... a lot of water," Rhaka said, the cruiser slicing down through the atmosphere. "Where is this island anyway?"
"The old records show it... there." Khet pointed off to starboard a little. "Poe, give me manual control."
The old PO-3 model blatted at the Pureblood, but the main controls lit up.
"I trust you," Khet said, taking the humming control handles. "But I've not been able to fly this girl for a week. Let me have my fun."
"Fun," Rhaka complained, strapping into the co-pilot's chair. "I don't like your fun."

As the island zoomed ever closer, the seventy-four meter long ship roared over the water, sending it cascading around the vessel's path.
"Khet?"
He had been so absorbed in flying again that Khet had almost not heard the ping of a sensor blip.
"What is it?" He didn't want to say it out loud, but the First Order had only departed Ahch-To recently. He had been really hopeful about avoiding them, so far away from home.
"Not sure," Rhaka said, clicking his teeth in thought. "Looks like just a single vessel. But its landing on that island you're so keen on."

Khet swore under his breath and turned the cruiser up, gaining height enough to get an overview of their landing options.
The island wasn't small, but it also wasn't flat. With that new ship there, the Knight's Cloak couldn't land - not easily at least.

Their approach would have been noticed by now, if not earlier, and if they weren't here as First Order - they didn't seem to fly any of their colors and their transponders didn't scream 'evil empire goons' - that meant they were treasure hunters, much like he was right now.
And that implied one of two things.

They were here for treasure and glory and were likely just some hired guns. Ahch-To had very few land based predators, so not much to fear. A real milkrun for even new mercs.
Or they were Force Adepts, here for that Crown.
And that was trouble either way, Jedi or Sith.

"Rhaka, I think I can land the ship just there, that little outcrop. See it?"
"Yes," Rhaka said, taking the co-pilot controls. "Shall I help guide you in?"
"Not this time. Poe? Take over secondary controls. We need some precision on this one."

The Knight's Cloak slowed and descended from the heavy clouds, repulsors humming, then roaring as she was landed skillfully - if a bit precariously - on an outcropping into the sea, behind the Mantis-class ship.

"Rhaka, grab the gear. Meet me out there."
Rhaka Shahr stood a bit too fast and cracked his skull on the bridges bulkhead. He didn't flinch though as the hull rang with the thud. "Alone? You don't know who they are."
Khet smiled, pulling on his father's old helm over his red skin and sharp features of a Sith Pureblood. "I'm not alone. Squire, with me. Poe, keep an eye on those guys and the engines hot - for now." His voice became distorted as the helmet sealed. "Besides, between my saber and my pistol, what could possibly go wrong?"

The Gozanti cruiser's cargo bay hatch opened, the floor lift descending to the uneven ground.
Keeping his lightsaber clipped to the small of his back, Khet strode off the pad, Squire - an SQ-13 sphereical astromech - rolled after him, tweeting nervously.

He approached the Mantis, aware to keep his distance, but not seem like he was eyeing it for weaknesses. That was Squire's job.
When he got within hailing distance, he paused. Then, not feeling any strong aggression or darkness in the Force, waved.

"Greetings," he called out. "Nice day for a hike, huh?"

As if to mock him, a passing cloud started to threaten rain.

Lori gripped the backs of the chairs as [member="Hawk Solo"] brought them in close to the water. He was a great pilot and he seemed to love to fly as much as she does. One day she'd show him the Dead Drop Maneuver. That one was FUN! She scared her twin brother with it once. It was one of the piloting skills that her old mentor Jaster had taught her before he was killed in battle, and one that she would always favour.

Once he brought the ship down, Lori released her grip on the seats and nodded to his statement. "Yeah it is. Luke Skywalker hid here a long time ago. It took ages for people to find him. Some Jedi artifacts were hidden here too. Just not really in obvious places."

The sensors beeped, indicating the presence of another ship. Lori's face lit up. "It's gotta be Cae!" Surely her twin brother answered her call! She turned and headed out of the cockpit, bounding down the stairs towards the cargo hold where Arla had just finished packing up all of their gear. Lori buttoned up her coat and buckled her belt. Then she clipped her Dahgee crystal lightsaber onto the left side, with her blaster holstered on her right before strapping the backpack on. Inside were food and water rations, rope, dagger, medkit, torch and a spare set of clothes. She rolled up the canvas map and tucked it inside of her coat for safe keeping.

"That's not your brother, Captain."

Lori raised a brow as she turned to her crewmate. "How do you know?"

"Call it...instinct. Just be careful." Only Lori and [member="Kaine Australis"] knew what Arla was. None of the other crew were aware and it was meant to stay that way. Her instincts had more to do with her being one with the Jaster's Sparrow and able to gain all of the information that the ship did. "I'll flip a chip with [member="Gray Venasir"] to see who stays with the Sparrow. In the meantime, you should see who's out there. Take Hawk with you. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. He seems to like playing the hero."

"I guess my brother is too busy...You guys keep an eye out for him anyways, just in case. HAWK, I'LL MEET YOU OUTSIDE!!" Lori was eager to get things started. She punched her fist on the release for the cargo bay door and then stepped outside.

Her eyes were drawn to the ship that parked itself behind her own first, before looking to [member="Khet Kursyr"] and Squire. She gripped onto the straps of her backpack as her feet came in contact with the mossy soil. Lori studied the man, trying to see if she could pick up anything from him with the Force, but she wasn't quite good at that yet. There was just so much here that it made it difficult for her to just hone in on one individual. "Hi...What brings you to this island? If you want a great hike, there's a bigger one about fifty kilometers southwest of here. Might have more room for your ship too."

[member="Loreena Arenais"]

Hawk arches an eyebrow at Lori’s comment . Luke Skywalker..The way Lori said the man’s name he must’ve been something big. Hawk had never heard of him. That guy must’ve been around when he was in his deep freeze.

Hawk goes to the cargo hold to get his gear. He hears Lori’s instruction to meet her outside. “Be right there”. He calls after Lori watching step outside. He put on black dewback leather jacket. Attaches his saber to his belt along with his blaster holster tie to his right thigh. He grab his backpack. He says goodbye to Arla promise to keep an eye on the Captain.

He goes outside. He takes a deep breath enjoying all the new smells before joining Lori. He nods his head in greeting [member="Khet Kursyr"].

Ahch-To, a planet of legend. The legends that had to do with the Force, anyway. Still, it was a beautiful planet, and Gray was excited to be there. All the adventures with the crew of Jaster's Sparrow turned out fun, in the end. Though there had been some changes with the crew since last time. [member="Hawk Solo"] was new, and he seemed like a decent fellow. And he knew how to handle a ship. Next was Arla. She was .. interesting. She looked alright, quite normal, but she was stronger than she looked. And stronger than most human females should be around her age. But [member="Loreena Arenais"] trusted her, so Gray had tried to be friendly.

"You like it fun, I see," he said as Hawk flew them Close to the water. They were nearing the island this Crown was supposed to be on. He wasn't quite sure what the Crown did, but it was important to Lori, so there was no way he couldn't join in searching for it. Plus, a treasure hunt was never boring.

When Lori mentioned jedi artefacts, Gray snorted quietly. Sure, he liked the sith less than the jedi, but his opinion was that the jedi had mostly made it hard for the Galaxy. All the wars, conflicts, misery, had something to do With them. But he accepted them, as long as he wasn't involved in their trouble. But the number of jedi he could Call friends, could be counted on one hand, Lori being one of them.

"Hey, take it easy captain!" he shouted after her as she ran Down to meet her Brother. She probably knew her Brother, and what ship he used. But this far out in the Galaxy, anything could be a trap. Besides, there was little reason to rush to anything. The ship wouldn't dissappear if they walked instead of running.

He came Down as Lori called for Hawk to come With her outside. "What's going on?" he asked Arla, since Lori had already walked out. "Is it her Brother out there?" He liked this less and less. She told him that one of them would have to stay With the ship, which made him like this even less. "Yeah, you have fun With that, I'll see what's going on." He turned to leave, but Arla cleared her throat, as to say they weren't done With the conversation. "Relax, I'll come back before we go look for the Crown, and then we decide." With that, he walked Down the ramp. There, he saw [member="Khet Kursyr"] , and unknown individual With and astromech. He remained Close to the ramp, holding his hand Close to his blaster in case anything happened.

Ahch-To
Unknown Island

Khet eyed the young woman as she approached, stopping a few meters away.
A lightsaber swung at her side. Jedi? It wasn't the grim, spikey sort favored by Sith or Dark Jedi, but certainly fancier than his simple leather bound one.

He felt her fumble through the Force, caressing him like a feather.
She was either cautious or inexperience. One was wise, the other dangerous.

"Hi...What brings you to this island? If you want a great hike, there's a bigger one about fifty kilometers southwest of here. Might have more room for your ship too."

"Just some old legends." Khet frowned behind his helm.
Was she trying get him to leave? An odd way of doing it, for it only peaked his interest in her and her ship.
He reached out in the Force, feeling for her presence, searching for deceit and avarice, searching for the Darkness within.
Instead, he discovered a brilliant, vibrant glow from her, pulsing with kindness and strength, excitement and light.

As well as at least three beings in the ship.
He was vastly outnumbered, even with Rhaka.
Best to play this polite.

He flooded the Force with good intent and trustworthiness, reaching out to her softly, catching her Force probe with his and pulling it closer to him, helping her to meet him half way. He suppressed the natural taint of Dark Side energy within himself, filling his being with warmth and light.
He extended this feeling to the man who approached next, and reached towards the man who had just emerged from the Mantis.

Just enough to put everyone at ease, just enough to show he wasn't a threat.
He wasn't after all.

"Khet!"

But Rhaka was.

The ladder clanged as it released from the open underbelly to the descended lift, and the massive form of the Yuuzhan Vong slid down, landing with a thundering boom, his lithe fingers already reaching for the bowcaster slung across his back.

"Rhaka, stand down," Khet said, spinning and holding up his hands, trying to placate the warrior. "Everything is fine."
"Not if that one reaches for his blaster again." Rhaka was making his strides across the lift and down the small hillock toward them, each one taking him meters. The bowcaster was in his hands now, rising to aim across the heads of Hawk and Loreena.
"Enough," Khet said, his voice calm and controlled. He realized too late he was still open to the Force, directing his calm and focus at Rhaka now.
Except Rhaka was Force Dead, like most Yuuzhan Vong and the stillness he was projecting might of well as been aimed at the dark places between stars.

It has been seconds and the bowcaster was already at Rhaka's shoulder, his lower jaw spreading slightly in a snarl.
Khet redirected the Force, allowing the encircling eddies to flow away, directing a small portion of the power to push the weapon down.

Rhaka's bowcaster lowered, but his snarl did not fade, and he stopped.
Two thundering heart beats and Khet felt like Rhaka could be trusted to not swing the rifle back up.
He turned back around, grinning apologetically, though his helm hid this from view.

"My apologizes. My friend is... over protective. And naturally suspicious. Perhaps... we should start again."
He reached up and removed his father's helmet, revealing the russet red skin, black hair and boney, tendril adorned face of a Pureblood Sith.
"I am Khet Kursyr. This is my friend and co-pilot, Rhak'ashahr." He bowed, low and with a sarcastic flourish - outstretched right hand, still holding the helmet, left over his heart. He glanced up at Loreena and Hawk, unable to see Grey from his bow. "Besides, if I know Jedi and their tests, the Crown would want us to be truthful to each other. Don't you agree?"

"This planet smells like Jedi" that was the first thing he said when his ship laneded on Ahch-To, the light side on the planet was disgusting of course there was also a dark side but it wasn't nearly as strong as the light. He had heard rumors that there was an ancient Jedi artifact on the planet more specifally on the large island that he was on now and while Jedi artifacts weren't anything that he tracked down normally he made a rare excption for the crown of verity, it would a fine addition to his artifacts collection and besides the chance to fight some light side users of the force was just to good to pass up. He had for a moment thought about hiding his dark side aura but there wasn't much of a need, if there were any Jedi on the planet they would have already sensed him, and he liked it that way because there was little that they could do to stop him.

He closed his eyes and reached out with the force in an attempt to find where the crown was hidden but surprising he could feel nothing, it was clear to him the it was somewhere on the island but he couldn't feel it's location. So he made his way towards what remained of a village it appeared that at some point that people had lived on this disgusting island. He wasn't a fan of the nomadic life it was to closed off and reminded of his childhood growing up on Mustafar he preferred big cities where there were people that way surveillance was limited because you couldn't focus on just on person. The air also wasn't something that he liked it blew his hair as he looked through the empty huts of those who had come before, he was just about to leave when he felt the force signature of others on the island. He couldn't exactly tell where they were located but he knew that they were nearby, a grin found it's way on his face they would have to confront him at some point.

[member="Khet Kursyr"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Hawk Solo"] [member="Loreena Arenais"]

A Resurgent Class destroyer emerged from hyperspace. The battlecruiser was one of fierce intimidation, The Aggressor it was called. One ship that like so many others the pride of the First Imperial Navy, now the once great Empire scattered amongst the stars. The dream of a successor as the true heirs to the Empire had suffered a tremendous set back.

Years had passed and yet, the dream of such an empire did not die with such First Imperials such as Admiral Caine. She watched as the navigation officer looked from her console. "Admiral, we have arrived at the coordinates." The worn face on the Admiral rested on a stern look. "Good, inform the Master of Ren. He will be most pleased."

Kyrel within moments appeared on the bridge dressed in his armor, his Raiment of the Vigilant, his armorweave blood cloak hollowed with each step he took. His mask underneath a red hood that shielded the appearance of his dark side corruption from those outside. The Master of the Knights of Ren, the Dark Knight, The Enforcer of Ren and Heir Apparant to Darth Vader. He watched for a moment at the world below. For years they have tried to look for it. For years he tried to look from the walls of his residency at Fortress Vader on Mustafar. For years when he had consolidated his remnant the Crimson Hand, he scoured through vast knowledge and now the world was right before his eyes. "Inform Commander Invictus to prepare the squads for deployment. If need be dispatch TIEs as long as I am there no one leaves." He commanded ruthlessly. The Admiral as old and stubborn as she was. Remained in passive to the dark mystic. "As you command Ren."

Kyrel eager to explore the planet. The site where the First Order's fall began. Take artifacts for study back in the First Imperial holdout of Mustafar. For use in the Knights of Ren. No one would stand in the way of what he desired. He approached the hanger. The 709th Legion assembled with the Dark Knight departing shortly.

[member="Darth Mortis"] [member="Khet Kursyr"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Hawk Solo"][member="Loreena Arenais"][member="Loreena Arenais"]

Lori was trying yo get [member="Khet Kursyr"] to leave. But it was clear that he wasn't taking the hint. There was something about him that she couldn't put her finger on. Her instincts told her that he wasn't a threat to her person. But maybe to her mission at hand.

Rhaka was another story. Was he Vong? Lori had never seen one in person before. It was so strange to see one paired up with someone that was obviously not of his own kind. There had to be some story behind that. Perhaps one day she'll get to hear it.

She let go of the straps of her backpack, letting her hands fall to her sides and away from her weapons. With a look she urged [member="Hawk Solo"] and [member="Gray Venasir"] to do the same.

Khet seemed to have the Vong under control however and so she let herself relax somewhat. That is until his next reveal. He was a Sith Pureblood? She couldn't sense Darkness from him so perhaps she shouldn't be so prejudice, but still, this whole thing was odd. And then came the last reveal; he knew they were looking for the Crown! But HOW?? The look of shock was visible on her face. "I'm Captain Lori." As always, she kept her full name out of it. If anything, they could believe that her surname was Lori. "This is Hawk and Gray. Inside my ship is Arla. How did you know what we are looking for? Who do you work for?" More importantly, she wanted to know WHY he was after it.

This was going to be a lot tougher of a venture than she had first considered.

[member="Darth Mortis"] [member="Kyrel Ren"]

[member="Gray Venasir"][member="Khet Kursyr"][member="Darth Mortis"][member="Loreena Arenais"]

Hawk eyes widen when the Vong showed himself. He had heard of them but never had seen one this close. He reaches out in the force to sense Rhaka. There was nothing...nothing at all. So it was true the Vong couldn’t be felt in the force. That when Hawk’s hand went down to the butt of his blaster.

It took everything in him to relax his stance. Hawk wasn’t happy about this turn of events. He didn’t trust the newcomers. A Sith and the Vong what an interesting and dangerous twosome.

Ahch-To
Unknown Island
Tense Standoff

"This is Hawk and Gray. Inside my ship is Arla. How did you know what we are looking for? Who do you work for?"

Khet straighten and gestured to the astromech hiding behind Rhaka's legs, who blatted in indignation then let out a mournful whistle, clearly shy about the strangers.
"A pleasure, Captain Lori. Hawk, Grey. And apologizes. This is SQ-13, or Squire. He hates it when I miss him out." He cradled his father's helm under one arm and rested the other on his hip, pushing the duster out of the way of his own blaster pistol, but not reaching for it. Just giving them the idea that he was armed. His lightsaber was still hidden from view in the small of his back, under the long-coat. He didn't see that volunteering that information was useful at this point in time.
"And I am sorry for assuming. If you're not here for the Jedi Crown, I feel like I've overplayed my hand." He nodded to her lightsaber. "However, I feel confident in my assumption. You're a Jedi, or at least Force sensitive. And I don't know of any Adept who made a lightsaber as beautiful as yours without a master. No offense."
He shrugged, running his free hand through his hair to rest on the back of his neck. "So that leaves me with the conclusion that you're likely a Jedi. Even an explorer has little reason to come all the way out here. After all, I only know about it because I'm being paid to find it. Given a location but no hint that I would see competition. Seems to imply that you knew about the Crown as well. Or at least the legend of it. Which, as a Jedi Artifact, has little reason to be passed around non-Jedi."
His smirk was a little more humored than condescending.

Rhaka just huffed. "You talk too much, Khet. If they didn't know about the Crown before, they do now."

Khet ignored him. "Listen, Captain Lori-"
He was cut off by a shriek from his commlink, followed by a long series of confusing beeps and whistles. He grabbed the device from the clip inside his coat and thumbed it on. "Poe? Repeat last transmission. Thought you said Star Destroyer?"
The whistles came again, this time more slowly but with the same sense of urgency. Khet put the commlink back, his lax smile now a stern, thin line.
"Captain. I'm sure your vessel can confirm the presence of a Star Destroyer in orbit. Transponder; 'The Aggressor.' It might be that we have more competition than we thought."
He paused, then took a deep breath and continued. "The safekeeping of the Crown is more important than my contract. If you'll have me, we will help you locate and safeguard the Crown. I'm feeling a strong Dark Side presence headed for us. We have to move fast."

He could only hope they would trust him. He opened himself to the Force, letting his sincerity flow to the surface.

When the Vong came out, Gray made a small jump backwards, movign his hand closer to the gun. He had never seen a Vong before, only heard vague descriptions of them. Apparantly, they couldn't sense the force, or be affected by it, which Gray envied them. It could make things a lot easier. The look Lori sent him made him pull his hand away from his blaster, as he saw the Vong lower his bowcaster.

"Likewise," Gray replied dryly as he was greeted by the now-to-be revealed Pureblood. Their numbers had dwindled, With some even claiming them to be extinct, but this was still not the first time Gray had seen one. What intrigued him more, was that this [member="Khet Kursyr"] knew they were after the Crown. It couldn't be too known outside the jedi. But at the same time, there couldn't be much else on this island.

He listened as Khet got a transmission. "What did you say? A Star Destroyer?" he didn't even try to hide the stress in his voice. If this was true, they could be in real trouble. At the moment, they had two small ships between those present here. And if they could work together was a completly different matter. "I'll run and check," he replied to Khet's suggestion, already running inside. "Arla, come here," he shouted when he saw her.

Up in the cockpit, he threw himself Down in the Chair. Arla, who came right after, looked very confused. "We have to check if there's a star destroyer just outside this planet. Hurry." She helped him check it fast. And it was true. "BLAST!" Gray shouted, slamming his fist on the metal of the Control panel. "Go tell the others that it is true. A star destroyer is here," he told Arla. "I'll make sure the ship is ready if we have to get out of here fast." She didn't seem pleased With him giving her orders, but did as she was told, walkign Down and telling Lori and the others. While Gray started the ship up again.

[member="Hawk Solo"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Darth Mortis"]

Lori did have a Master; her Dad Veiere Arenais . But he didn't teach her how to build her lightsaber. He helped her to get some of the components and let her know of some of the inner workings. Yet she went to Dahgee to get her own crystal, plus the manner in which she decorated her lightsaber was very personal to her. Given that she had made her own jetpack and was trained in engineering by one of her mentors, she knew what she was doing.

However she didn't count herself as a full fledged Jedi just yet. Sure she took some courses at the Temple on Kashyyyk, but that was about it. Her time was also spent with her crew, and also of learning politics from her Mom. She was an Heiress afterall.

As for why she sought the Crown? That was personal too. It wasn't for her, it wasn't for credits; it was for her family to use as they saw fit. They wouldn't let it go to waste, nor would it be misused.

As [member="Khet Kursyr"] was about to get into more of a discussion on it, he was interupted. At the mention of a Star Destroyer, Lori looked up to the clouds. So far she didn't see any engine lights breaking through. That was good. It meant that they had time. An even better reason would be if this particular island wasn't a target at all.

[member="Gray Venasir"] was quick to disappear into the Jaster's Sparrow. Lori turned to [member="Hawk Solo"] for a moment. "Looks like we'll be moving a lot quicker than anticipated."

Arla interrupted them then, confirming that the Star Destroyer was indeed above them. That could be very bad. She pulled out her commlink so that she didn't have to yell at Gray. "Put the shields up when I have Arla bring up the ramp. She's staying with you to man the guns while you pilot." Arla wasn't fond of that, but even she knew that it took two people minimal to operate the Jaster's Sparrow in any conflict. Lori then continued; "Then take the ship to the nearest island. If we are being followed, than being in different locations could throw them off. I'll keep my commlink in hand. If we get into trouble, come back here and open fire. Lori out." She pocketed her commlink and signalled Arla with a curt nod to do as she was ordered. Almost reluctantly, her crew member agreed.

Once more Lori turned to Khet, Rhaka and Squire. "You better have your ship moved too. The only Star Destroyers that could be in this area belong to the First Order, and they aren't very kind." She knew that first hand. "Let's get going. The quicker we can all find the Crown, the quicker we can escape their clutches. Agreed? Let's go!" Grabbing onto the straps of her backpack again, she didn't even really wait for an answer. Lori was used to getting her own way, and as far as she knew, she had the only map. After researching the Crown through various means, she had drawn up the map herself. Hopefully she got it all right.

[member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Darth Mortis"]

His wrist vibrated, he had left his droid on the ship with the strict instructions not to contact him unless there was something that required his immediate attention. Activating his wrist communicator "R9 what is it?"

"My lord the ships scanners have detected that A star destroyer has come out of hyperspace. I recommend that you allow me to move the ship to a safer location, the scanners on the star destroyer can easily detect us."

He cackled The First Order was here that just made things interesting perhaps they had gotten word of the presence of the crown and sought to claim it for themselves either way it was of no consequence to him. The droid was correct star destroyers had very strong scanners and while his ship may have been hidden there was no way that it wouldn't have been found and possibly destroyed.

"You may move the ship R9 maintain radio silence until I tell you otherwise"

His search had brought him past the empty village towards a cave it looked like it had been abandoned many years ago, to the untrained eye it may have looked like any other cave but Mortis was not untrained. Upon further inspection he could see that there had been a fire at some point in the past pieces of wood that had been burned were still scattered around the area and what was even more interesting was the fact that he could sense the light side even more strongly here than any other area that he had been on the planet. He stood at entrance using the force to remove a large piece of tree blocking his way, the light side grew stronger as he made his way further in until he stopped. There was a hole in the top of the cave that allowed light to shine in more importantly the light landed on what appeared to be a book cover. Reaching his hand out and calling the torn old wood cover to him, there were no words on it just a symbol...he would know that symbol anywhere the original Jedi order. The crown wasn't here he could sense that but he was on the right track.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Khet Kursyr"] [member="Kyrel Ren"]

[member="Darth Mortis"][member="Loreena Arenais"][member="Gray Venasir"][member="Khet Kursyr"]

“Frak.” He mutters. A Star Destroyer! Things never change. He looks at Lori. He really hoped that she wasn’t like her mom Kay. Kay was always getting him into trouble.

“Alright, lets move out.” He say to the group. “Let’s get moving before that First Order decides to blast this place smothering piece of rocks.” This place was making him anxious.

Gray was not fond of this plan. He did not like to leave like that, with their only transport, and only chance of getting away. But it was the only thing they could do. Besides, the star destryoer could be trackign the ship, and then it would be smart to get it away. "Right, but Call at once if something happens," he replied over comm. When he heard Arla had come aboard, he started the engine, and put up the Shields. "See you soon. And don't get killed. Gray out." And With that, he flew away.

The closest island wasn't Close. On Ahch-To, there was a lot of Ocean, and not much else. When he finally found the island, he could no longer spot the one the others were on. This island was more rocky and rough, so it took a bit of effort to put the ship safely Down. Once he did, he looked at the scanners again, to find the Star Destroyer. It hadn't moved much since he saw last, which could both be good and bad.

With the First Order, one could never know. Even though they had lost much of their former glory, they were still strong out here. Especially of they had their Knights of Ren With them. They weren't as evil or crazy as the sith, but they knew how to fight. That is at least what Gray had been told, since he never had met one himself. And it would hopefully continue that way.

At least Arla was still here on the ship. It was better than to be alone in this situation. Especially since the Jaster's Sparrow needed two People to be flown well. Normally, Gray would have liked to be alone, but not when he was waiting in dreaded anticipation like this. He looked once more at the skanner: still not much. If ships from the First Order came Close to either of these islands, him and Arla had to be ready to launch and shoot at once. But again, hopefully they wouldn't have to.

[member="Hawk Solo"] | [member="Darth Mortis"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Khet Kursyr"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kyrel approached his transport, eager to explore the world of Ach-To, in that very moment the Master of Ren gained a transmission from the Admiral. "My Lord, we have detected several ship transponders down on the world below." Kyrel wasn't surprised in the very least, the world while important to the Jedi, would not be completely abandoned. He thought to himself very carefully on what his next actions would be. "Admiral, Jam all transmissions that are coming from the surface, no one will be given aid today. Dispatch a squadron of TIE Conquerers down below, if any craft makes it off the surface, prepare the tractor beam and set your weapons for stun." He said in a ruthless tone, as the troop transports started to disembark, a squadron of TIE Conquerer's not that far behind.

TIE Conquerors were a unique design of Kyrel's own making. Combining elements from the TIE Striker and TIE Interceptor respectively, the fighters were unique as they controlled both sky and space, with increased speed, a heavy array of weapons, and a droid brain to assist the pilot. The loud roar of TIEs could be heard as they entered the surface, seeing several craft on their scanners, they fired several blasts of green laser bolts, and a couple of Ion Missels. The troop transports started to scatter to the various islands they were getting signatures from, as Kyrel's own transport landed near some ruins.

He could feel the artifact was close, and knew that he would soon gain the prize he sought. The ramp opening with the Knight of Ren stepping out, his stormtroopers behind him. "Fan out and search the ruins, apprehend anyone you see." They nodded as they all started to begin their

[member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Hawk Solo"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Khet Kursyr"] [member="Darth Mortis"]

The loud sonic booms of the TIES coming into the atmosphere caught Lori's attention. They were coming. The words of [member="Gray Venasir"] 's last communication ran through her mind; don't get killed.

Well she'd certainly try not to.

"Come on! This way!" Lori urged [member="Hawk Solo"] and [member="Khet Kursyr"] to follow as she broke into a quick jog, moving up the stairwell that was inbetween the huge boulders. This whole island was some kind of ruin, now overgrown and lost to time. For a moment she wished to see it in all it's glory and to properly explore it, but there was no time to ponder on that. Maybe on another day.

She kept count of the boulders that she passed, some of them looking to have the entrances to passages through them, and it wasn't until she came across the seventh one on the right that she turned off the trail. "Hurry! Get inside! Keep close and don't get lost!" There was a maze of tunnels on this island, serving multiple purposes. The dampness in the air, as well as the cooler temperature let her know just how deep it all went. It was similar to the cave system on Commenor.

Lori kept walking and once she couldn't see anymore, she focused on the air particles in front of her with the Force, manipulating them into moving quickly enough to produce a small ball of light. Such was a trick that she taught herself to do as a child. Her Dad was much better at it though. She moved the ball of light ahead of her to light their way, not yet realizing that utilizing the Force had a way of making it easier for Darksiders to detect her. But maybe they too would be too distracted to notice.

She kept her voice low as she pulled out her map, drawn on the back of a canvas painting of herself with a ball of light. "Try to talk only in whispers. Our voices would carry too far. We have to watch our footing in case of drop offs. And if you see any ropes or circular holes, they could signal traps."

Traps. Those could be useful! Lori had a bit of supplies in her pack. Maybe she'd set some traps of her own further down to try to slow down their pursuers.

[member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Darth Mortis"]

[member="Loreena Arenais"][member="Kyrel Ren"][member="Gray Venasir"][member="Darth Mortis"]

Hawk glances at the sky. Fracking Ties. He follows behind Lori. His hand on his saber prepared to bat away any laser fire from the Ties. Nothing was going to happen to Lori not on his watch. He almost slipped on the moss covered step.

He ducks inside the cavern. He shakes his head at ball of light. “Ummm you could your saber for light.” He whisper to Lori. He didn’t like to use of the force in such a causal manner. He was old school. Only using the force when he had too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom