Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ah, ha, ha, ha, Stayin' Alive

Alyosha was convinced that Darth Themis was indeed alive. And on that front, Civ had no reason to question him. There had to be a reason someone would admit to learning from someone with a title like Darth and then going on to say she couldn't be executed. But the bringing up of her at all was the strange part.

Civ kept his eyes on Alyosha as he answered to his response about the temple. And asking if the path lead to it. "Path is a loose term. I told you I look at the area before arriving. I have my own path there that's a good deal faster than the one we've been taking."

If Alyosha continued on the path. He might figure out where the tomb was still, although there was the easier matter of cutting across. Since eventually a turn had to be taken, and Civ had been taking them along a path that was going beside the tomb, not directly towards it. Still, Alyosha could probably find his way following it. He just hoped that if he refused to lead him, Civ would make it there first.

Funo didn't like fighting, so maybe telling the man about himself wasn't the right choice. Maybe it was. He didn't engage in this type of thing often. It was usually much clearer who the enemy was when they were actually living and breathing. And usually when revealed they were more violent. So coming up with a strategy was not something he had to deal with often.

Alyosha asked if he as being prompted into a fight, his voice still calm, but trying to keep it as unrevealing as possible. His eyes never leaving Alyosha. "I am not. Combat proves very little except who comes out on top, it doesn't even necessarily prove they're the better fighter. But I have no reason to believe you, you haven't truly given me one. You gave me the name of someone who, normally, would be dead by now. Which was certainly left unmentioned. And only a description of them. Hardly knowledge that a boyfriend would be limited to. So unless there's a very good reason to believe you, I will lead you no further. But I may follow you. And if you go your own way to the temple. I may see if I can get there first. If you are her actual boyfriend, then you could also, quite simply, let me go on my own and inform her of you. One way or another. I'll end up going there, and I intend to be there in time in case there are any problems."

Alyosha Drutin

K KAR Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Kai and Gerda

K
Great. Just great.

This wasn’t the first time Alyosha had bit off more than he could chew. A certain bounty on a Gen’Dai last year came to mind. And the situation with the businessman on Bespin, when he had to deal with competition from a Mandalorian who wanted to take both of them in…

Alyosha’s eyes narrowed. “So you’ve been leading me on, taking the long way when you knew of a shortcut? Do you do this with every person who comes to you asking for help?”

He was annoyed, really annoyed, and it was definitely coming through in his speech.

“I didn’t mention her age, because it isn’t relevant!” he snapped. “What does it matter to this situation? She certainly doesn’t look her age!”

He held his Spear in a defensive stance, and started to back away from Civ. “I don’t know what the hell you’re getting at, but I’m not going to waste my time with this anymore. If I find out Katarine is hurt or in trouble because I waited here for you to make up your mind…”

It had become a race between them. Activating a switch to fold his weapon, he attached it to his back and kept moving away, his eyes fastened on Civ. Once he was far enough away, he turned and broke into a run.

He had no idea where he was going. Civ hadn’t said whether or not the path led directly to the tomb, only that it was the long way around. So he’d have to get off this path and try to find his way there…

Veering off, he found himself standing near what appeared to be a reserved family plot. Most of the stone graves had crumbled, the names and dates engraved on them too weatherbeaten to be read. There was a white marble mausoleum at the far end of the fenced-in area which had obviously been broken into at some point.

Alyosha slowed, stretching out with the Force. Sensing things had come easily for him; it was using the Force as a tool which was hard. For his brother Val, it had been the opposite.

He felt other presences around him, the thin consciousnesses of animals and wildlife, then farther off the distinct personas of sentients. Humans, their signatures more similar to his own than the Mirialan’s had been. Two men… and a woman.

Breaking into a run once again, he headed for the tomb of Glarnkin Thi, still not sure what he was going to do when he got there. Take it as it comes, he supposed…

Civ Civ K KAR Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

There were voices which sounded like whispers on the air carrying from somewhere...ghosts perhaps? He stopped trying to listen harder closing his eyes to focus. He couldn't tell.

What if there were others in here? What would they be doing here?...duh same thing you are? He thought. He shrugged in answer to his own question. If he was going to find anything that would help he needed to keep moving. The tunnel seemed to weave around he felt as if he were on a spiral drilling downwards.

He wanted to jog along to make the search faster but after having fallen that was not a good idea. He needed caution, and needed to learn if he was in here alone or if the voices of the past were seeking him out.

He walked slowly pausing occasionally to look at the odd carvings on the wall, the same face. He did not touch them, just in case. The next fall could break something.

K KAR | Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel | Civ Civ | Alyosha Drutin

"But taking a way at least. Technically, I've still done more for you than presumably you've done for yourself." Civ didn't speak for the rest of Alyosha's response. Right now it didn't matter. He watched him break out into a run, and then Civ did the same. He knew the way there directly, he used the force to increase his already significant speed and agility, allowing him to jet through the area at a ridiculous pace. He knew the route there from here, the fastest ways. He always checked terrain because it was just as much a part of the tomb as the tomb itself. At times, the terrain was the way it was because of the tomb.

Even as he ran he made sure he was further shielding himself from the influence of the dark side. And tapped his lightsaber and his tools, making sure they were all accessible, whichever ones would be needed by the time he arrived. He figured he should make it there before Alyosha did, he didn't have to figure out the way and he had done this hundreds of time before. It was funny, he even met a Zambrano under these circumstances. That crew could have ended better though. He hoped they were all well.

He was quick to arrive at the location, however, he could sense Alyosha was still somewhere near. He'd find his way sooner or later. Probably the former. He sensed more individuals as well, someone else was inside the tomb. More than one of them too. Things were just getting more and more complicated. It was so much easier when he knew that things were just the tombs doing. The entrance wasn't hard to find, nor was the fact it was easily entered now. He shook his head, he had to assume the woman was real. And that Alyosha was too. Whoever else was inside might be as well. He tried to move more swiftly, though every step he took was careful. He looked at ever stone, even piece of wall. He was moving fairly fast, not so much afraid as careful. Someone had already been through, so it was unlikely they had completely avoided any traps along the way, if there were any. Still, he wasn't going to let himself slip up and lose his head. Potentially literally.

He felt he was coming closer to someone, who yet, or what intentions they had, he wasn't sure.

OOC: I believe I should be running into one of you soon other than Alyosha. Though I can't tell if it'd be Katarine and Rylan or Theo.

Alyosha Drutin Theo Vereen Theo Vereen K KAR Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel

"I'm okay. The floor gave way. Be careful. I think the wooden planks holding it up are rotten."

At those words, Rylan frowned for a moment, finally take out his flashlight and aiming it around, "Yeah, this place has seen better days it appears..." he went quiet for a moment, still looking around and thinking about how to help her. Finally forming a plan, he put the light in teeth, growing for his rope, then tying it off to the most sturdy thing he could find, then around himself, before finally throwing the rest into the hole, "I've got it secured, you're free to climb up, I'm helping anchor it."

Never in a million years, did he think he'd be doing a rescue you mission inside of a tomb, but the force was weird and wild that way, always leading you to some of the most unexpected things, what was it his master used to say? 'No such thing as a coincidence, my padawan. The force will always show you your way.' heh, if only Master Vol could see his student now.

K KAR | Theo Vereen Theo Vereen | Civ Civ | Alyosha Drutin

Katarine accepted the rope and climbed to the surface. When she got up there she let go of the rope and dusted her hands off on her pants.

"Thank you. " Now that she was face to face with the man she wasn't quit sure what to say. He probably wasn't a spirit. They didn't tend to have ropes laying around. She wondered what he was doing here or if he needed help either.

"It's a good thing you decided to stroll down this particular temple hallway."
She smiled and started to wind up the rope. When it was organized she took a step closer to the man, carefully avoiding the hole. Immediately she felt a slight dizziness in her head and stopped abruptly. He must be a darksider.

Kat reacts to the darkside like superman reacts to Kryptonite. If she's very close to a darksider she gets dizzy. This is increased if they touch her

She was about to ask him his name when she heard someone else near them ( Theo Vereen Theo Vereen ) It sounded as if this person was walking around the corner. Before she could confirm that however a new person came running around the opposite corner ( Civ Civ )

"This is a busy place today."

Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Civ Civ Alyosha Drutin Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Kai and Gerda

K
Even as he ran toward the tomb, he sensed Civ passing him by, propelled to superhuman speeds by the Force. Alyosha snarled in annoyance. What was this, a damned hologame?

He kept moving, reaching the tomb much later than the others. In his mind he envisioned the Mirialan’s conversation with Katarine.

Did you know your boyfriend is looking for you?

Boyfriend? What boyfriend? I’m a Jedi, I don’t have a boyfriend.

Well, I encountered a man outside who claimed you were his girlfriend… but luckily for you, I never believed him anyway.

Clearly, Alyosha needed to work on his acting skills. He was trained not to persuade his way out of a sticky situation, but to fight his way out. Charisma was the realm of people who couldn’t fight for themselves.

Part of him was kicking himself for not kicking the Mirialan’s ass when he had the chance. Oh, look at the puny human! I can fold him in half like a cheap lawn chair! In a universe full of space wizards, where one of the first lessons a Jedi learned was size matters not, there was no place for a big, green, arrogant… schutta!

The tomb was finally in view. As he made his way to the entrance, he considered what he would do with the artifact that was allegedly inside, if he could reach it. Selling it was always an option. On the other hand, he could keep it for himself. Bring somebody back from the dead… but who?...

His stepfather. Yes, he admitted to himself. If given the chance, he would bring Amos Drutin back to life. The true father figure that had been taken from him too soon. Alyosha was grown, but he still felt all the uncertainties of adolescence, questions that were never answered, advice never given.

He knew there were probably traps in the tomb, so he opened himself to the Force, trying to get a feel for what was to come. Up ahead, he felt the paths of all four individuals suddenly converge. He wanted to avoid them, but there was no way around the group. Something had happened, the triggering of a trap… it had forced them to stop there. Alyosha grimaced. He didn’t know how to hide his presence in the Force—he hadn’t been taught that trick yet. Anyone who was Force sensitive in that chamber could feel him nearby, including Civ.

Civ had become the chink in his armor, the weak link that would break the chain. If he revealed to Katarine and the others that Alyosha had lied about his identity and was looking for her, chances were high they’d all turn against him, making him into their common enemy. He didn’t want to be outnumbered four to one like that.

So even though he was pretty half-hearted about the whole Jedi bounty thing by now, he had made his bed with it. He was going to have to commit to kidnapping Katarine.

Welp.

He put away his Light-Spear and broke into a run. His route brought him up alongside Theo Vereen Theo Vereen as the man rounded the corner, bumping into him as he passed. Without slowing down or offering an apology, he kept going, barreling into the chamber where Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel stood, still holding the rope, beside K KAR , who was commenting on how crowded it was.

No sooner had the words left her mouth, Alyosha launched himself at her, wrapping his arms around her body as he leaped over the edge.

For a normal person, the chasm was much too wide to jump across. For an acrobat imbuing his abilities with the Force, it was just barely enough. He was counting on Katarine being too surprised to start struggling while they were in midair; he was likewise praying that the almighty Civ Civ wouldn’t wave his hand and send him careening into the pit. As for the other two guys, who knew what the hell they were capable of.

But hey—risk was Alyosha’s business. He’d gambled with worse odds before and come out alive, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even as Civ felt himself closing in on the presences of others, at least who he was fairly sure were others, he could feel Alyosha Drutin getting closer very fast. Had Alyosha come his way, Civ might have been able to exert a sooner effort to stop him, however instead of passing Civ by he went past Theo Vereen Theo Vereen . Civ raced down the hall, trying his darndest to make sure he didn't accidentally set off a trap as he did so. Even as he did completely round the corner, recognizing that K KAR was as described. But also the new appearance of Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel and the unfortunate fact that Alyosha Drutin was already in leap.

He took in a breath, he didn't draw his lightsaber. Instead he only tried to focus himself with the force. He couldn't halt them mid leap. Even if he acted fast enough, he risked injuring them by either stopping them mid-leap and then having his focus interrupted, and as a result dropping them. or attempting to force Alyosha away which could bring Katarina with him.

Funo was not a fighter, while what he said before was true, he had the training/experience, the knowledge, and probably the power, to make a fairly good adversary. What he did not have was the nature of a fighter. Nor the bladesmanship of someone who devoted their time to it. On defense he had become a master, but there was far more to a fight than just defending oneself. And that was especially true right now. He reached to the force, hoping it would guide the action that he offered to it, "Stop." The word echoed and was aimed at Alyosha Drutin, as he did, he attempted to make use of Force_suppression. It was questionable by some, but Funo considered it effective in taming a situation. The aim wasn't to actually remove the force from Alyosha, Funo could certainly not achieve such a feat so easily. Rather, it was to make him believe he was doing so. "Your gifts will not save you."

He attempted to leap after Alyosha, regardless of the success so far. Or if he was continuing to run or find a way to escape. Intent on keeping behind, using the combination of force suppression aided by Dun Moch to try and diminish Alyosha's resolve. He doubted the mans story far more at this moment, but he still did not wish to harm him. "You have seen only a piece of what the power of the force, a speck of what it truly is. It guides those who listen, but it has fallen on your deaf ears. Give in." He tried even harder to force the feeling of the force flickering away into alyosha's mind. There was no certainty such a gift would work. Even partially. Some individuals had to strong or resilient a mind. And unlike the use of telikinesis and tutaminis, he had to rely more on his enemy's skill or power than he did only his own. He wasn't sure how strong Alyosha was, physically, mentally, nor his connection. But he hoped that maybe he could suppress it enough to make him give up, or at least that it would push him down enough to let the woman escape, or him to catch up.

He also hoped the others in this tomb weren't hostile or created of the tomb. The addition of more would complicate this problem even further. And Civ really didn't want to even fight Alyosha, let alone another unkown.

Suddenly there were people in the same hall he was. He took a moment to make sure he wasn't seeing things giving himself a little pinch on the back of the hand Ow!

He moved to follow the second fellow Civ Civ who was clearly following the other Alyosha Drutin was this a game of follow the leader and he had come in late? No traps went off, so he pushed along and found....a reunion? A brunette who was being..hugged? He might be a hug. It might be a klingon too.......he smiled.

He wanted to get a closer look to ensure the woman K KAR wasn't being hurt after all it did look like he trying to absorb her, like osmosis? "Does everyone get a hug like that?" He wasn't sure that he wanted one...or...whatever it was too late to take the words back instead he'd change the tone.

He looked over to see another Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel well full house now.

"So I guess we all got the same map?"

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait on my reply, suffered an injury and was laid up a few days)

Before he could reach out to check if K KAR was okay as she suddenly seemed to fall ill, the appearance of at least two other people came as a small surprise, he felt them getting closer but didn't realize just how much. First, Alyosha Drutin flying around the corner and tackling Katarine, then Civ Civ showing up, his words clearly directed at the other arrival a moment earlier, though Rylan had no interest in seeing the pair fall down the hole, he took a deep breath, sighed, then reached out with the force to hold both in the air, while there was a chance someone could be hurt, better this way than to fall into the pit and possibly fracture a skull.

Glancing to Civ as he was using some technique on Alyosha, Rylan couldn't help raise a brow "Friend of yours or something? He seems like a brash and brazen fool to do something so stupid inside of a Sith tomb." he just studied the pair he was holding in place with the force when another voice came from behind him, and he turned his head slightly to peer at Theo Vereen Theo Vereen , "Hm... This is getting very weird..."

(( Hope you are okay! ))

What the actual frakity frak was going on? Before Kat knew what happened some maniac (Alyosha) launched himself over the hole and pounced on her. They both flew backwards and Kat landed on the bottom with a loud thud and the mans weight on top of her. She felt a rock pierce her back and a small bit of blood start to trickle, but before she could do more than cough and try to get the wind back in her lungs, the crazy man had been lifted into the air, presumably by one of the Force users in the area (Rylan).

Kat got to her feet, brushing off her black pants that were now covered in tomb dust and dirt. One of the men (Theo) asked about hugs and she grimaced. "How about we skip the part where everybody tackles one another." At the moment the situation seemed to be controlled, what with the crazy man lifted in the air, so she took her flight jacket off. The white tank top underneath did indeed have a bit of blood on it. She'd never get that stain out. She sighed.

"So let's try this again.... " She reached up and pulled the rock that was jammed in her back out and examined it. It wasn't that big so the bleeding would probably stop itself. She threw the rock on the ground and pulled her flight jacket back on.

"Why did you tackle me?" She spoke to the man floating in the air (Alyosha).

Civ Civ Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Alyosha Drutin

Kai and Gerda

K
OOC: It's cool brother, I hope you're doing much better. On the other hand, you were gone for so long that my character changed species! Just a disclaimer!

For a moment it seemed that he was going to make it. K KAR was indeed too stunned to struggle, and the others were likewise preoccupied.

But then Civ Civ dug into Alyosha’s brain, filling his mind with alien thoughts. Alyosha stiffened, disturbed, then shook his head, shaking off the attempt at Force Suppression with a snarl.

The distraction, however, caused him to land on top of Katarine. Still, the situation was recoverable… right up until Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel lifted him into the air with the Force and held him there.

“Son of a schutta!” he roared. “Put me down!”

He didn’t think Kordel would do any such thing even if he asked nicely, but it was always worth a shot when it came to Jedi types. Besides, it wasn’t like Alyosha couldn’t make him let go...

Below, he saw Katarine pulling a rock out of her back. Thankfully, his helmet blocked out the scent of her blood.

“Ah, sorry about that,” he said. “If it hadn’t been for the Hulk and Steve Rogers over there, I would’ve stuck the landing.”

Crossing his arms over his chest, he sighed at Katarine’s question. Here we go.

“I dunno, babe. It seemed like a good idea at the time.” He flashed a boyish grin, though no one could see it behind his helmet. “You know, that centuries-long beauty sleep really did you some good—I never would’ve guessed your real age. But you’ve got a lot of catching up to do. For instance, did you know you’ve got a bounty on your head? As a matter of fact, there’s a bounty on all Jedi…” He looked around at the rest of the group. “But you all don’t look particularly concerned, let alone paranoid.”

Pitching forward, he forcefully freed himself from Kordel’s telekinetic grasp, showing off a little as he flipped through the air and landed on his feet. He turned back toward the others.

“Seeing as every single person here is Force sensitive, I’d rather not make an enemy out of everyone. So, I’ll give up on this nonsense while I still can.” He gestured to Katarine. “I’m assuming you’re all here for the artifact. But you must realize that only one of you can walk away with it. Unless you sell it and split the profits between you—but I don’t think that’s any of your intentions.” Starting to back away, he pressed a hand to his armored chest. “Me, I happen to know a certain famous archaeologist who would be very interested in studying Glarnkin Thi’s re-animator. Enough that he will pay handsomely for it. So, if you don’t mind…”

For the second time in this thread, Alyosha Drutin turned tailed and ran, heading deeper into the tomb.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited by a moderator:
Alyosha fell to the ground, but before he was up and off again he had been stopped by one of the others in the tomb. Civ looked at the one doing so, Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel who also commented on Civ knowing him. "Or something. And yeah, I'd have to agree with you there." he responded breathing in and further focusing himself in the force in case of further conflict, or external issues. Another was present, Theo Vereen Theo Vereen however he hadn't made much effort to get as involved so far.

K KAR spoke, she seemed hurt, but not badly. A minor wounds that she could probably just walk off and ignore. Alyosha Drutin seemed perfectly happy to respond with what sounded much closer to the truth then before. Then again broke free to rush into the tunnel after what seemed an attempt to turn them on each other. Civ smiled apologetically to Katarine and then gave a simple head bow to them all,
"I apologize Ma'am. I was fairly certain he was a fake, so I avoided taking him all the way here, but I don't enjoy getting into fights so I was hoping to get here early enough for it to not be a problem." he looked at the others, speaking more generally now.

"My name is Funo Civ. I'm a sort of archeologist or Historian. I am technically a Jedi, at least by training and practice. But I don't belong to an order, so it'd be a little hard to actually say that I'm a Jedi. I have a lightsaber and I follow the teachings, but me and my master were roamers. I continued that after his death. I take a lot of interest in the past, honestly Katarine you yourself I'd love to speak with but...I would understand if you don't want to do that. As for the tomb itself. I was hoping to do a more thorough examination of it. And any artifacts and writings to be found here. But...at the same time I have no interest in either keeping them...or letting them fall into hands I know to be untrustworthy." he stroked his chin. He didn't have the faintest hint of aggression in his voice, because there was none. He had no intention of fighting any of these people. Alyosha may have run, for now. How long that was going to last, he wasn't sure. But what was happening now was that there were three people interested in this tomb, and Alyosha had just tried to drive a seed between them. Whether it would work or not was up to them.

He did give another slight pause before wanting to hear what everyone else had to say, "In regards to that bounty and profit. I have no interest in money here. I make enough to make myself happy with the knowledge I get, I'd rather not sell anything here unless it is harmless but will be taken care of. And the bounty, like I said, I don't like conflict. I'm ready if it gets to me, but I want to avoid that as much as possible. So if everyone is good with that, then we can just...explore? Perhaps with an eye out, especially for that man. Called himself Alyosha Drutin if that matters."

Yeah Theo learned young let folks sort their stuff out, "I"m good with forgoing all the hugs." He looked over to Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel "Nice work" He pointed to where Alyosha Drutin hung in the air.

And before he could really say anything that same guy was freed and running down the hall again. Theo watched, "well kark...." He laughed. "I'm Theo Vereen I have to admit I'm hunting the artifact as well but not for any profit." He wondered if perhaps Alyosha had missed his dose of meds.

He looked at Civ Civ , "Should you be chasing him? or perhaps his " Theo made some odd gestures meant to indicate maybe, "girlfriend K KAR "

It really had gotten crowded in here, "I would however recommend we stick together and look. This place is booby trapped and that guy, he pointed to the hall were Alyosha had run, "I'm sure we will find him stuck in one." He nodded, "Anyhow nice to meet you all. A surprise really but nice surprise.

Theo looked around where they stood, "I am not even sure he is headed in the right direction, this place feels like a maze or labyrinth. I've seen markings on the wall of an image, former owner maybe, or nothing....So....can I interest anyone is sticking together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom