Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ah, ha, ha, ha, Stayin' Alive

Boz Pity - The Graveyard Planet
fantasy-art-lara-croft-tomb-raider-video-games-wallpaper.jpg

The Tomb of Glarnkin Thi
The legend was known throughout the galaxy. An ancient Sith known as Glarnkin had the ability to raise the dead. Now some like the Nightsisters could make zombies, but Glarnkin could return an actual living soul to a body and give it new life, with all the memories of it's old life. Many thought it was just an old tale but there were some who tracked Glarnkins history religiously. His last known location was a tomb on the graveyard planet of Boz Pity. None who entered were ever seen again but every year new people tried to find the secrets of the dead.

Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Alyosha Drutin Civ Civ

Funo hummed to himself listening to an audio-recording to help him learn Mando'a. Some of it was his own input, just so that he could practice it. He wasn't paying close attention to it, hence the humming, as he was mainly focused on flying Guidance down towards the planet. He didn't take this new discovery lightly, a sith who could presumably raise the dead? Questionable, if real at all. But if it was, it was probably very dangerous. And potentially very costly. It had taken quite a bit of time to track down as much as he could. But it seemed what he truly needed to learn, would probably be deeper within a tomb.

One which had a poor history of return rate. "Fortunately, nobody is waiting for me." he said with a chuckle as he moved the ship through the atmosphere and working to figure out where to land that wasn't immediately next to the site, but close enough he could run there. He cracked his neck and stretched while still inside, heading to the off ramp as he clipped Wuli onto his belt. "Take care of the ship G5. I'll be back. I hope at least."

He took in a breath making sure he had his commlink on him, and checking some of the tools he kept on his belt. He brought some pieces with him for trying to get into the locks of the tomb, along with a holo-pad, and several other things for tinkering with stuff without accidentally destroying anything. He wasn't here to get rid of it, first, he wanted to learn what had happened here. He was guarded, just in case the dark side had tricks for him involved. But he'd been to more tombs and graveyards then he'd been in actual fights, so he wasn't particularly uncomfortable with the idea of entering another tomb.

K KAR Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Alyosha Drutin

Kai and Gerda

K
GEAR: Armor | Ranged | Melee

The Sith Empire had put a bounty on all Jedi.

Alyosha wasn’t and had never been affiliated with them, but beggars can’t be choosers. And while his master probably wouldn’t have approved, she wasn’t here.

Shortly after landing the Harlock on Boz Pity, Theo Vathek, Alyosha’s pilot and companion, sank back in his seat and sighed.

“Y’know, I would’ve thought that having been chased around by bounty hunters yourself for the better part of a year would’ve made you more reluctant to chase other people down,” he said. “I mean, I’ve probably got a bounty on my head somewhere, and if not then I probably will have one in the future. I dunno if I can feel safe being around you knowing that all it would take is a whiff of big money before you—”

“I wouldn’t sell you,” Alyosha interrupted smoothly. He was gathering his gear in the background, preparing to head out. “I don’t sell my friends or my family. It’s everyone else that’s fair game.”

Not exactly reassured, Theo started to deal a pazaak deck. Whenever Alyosha went on missions like this, he wound up having to stay aboard to mind the ship. He passed the time playing one-man pazaak, lining up the cards on the dashboard. Sometimes, if he happened to have a little somethin’-somethin’ on hand, he’d smoke or shoot up. But now was not one of those days.

Once he was suited up, Alyosha headed down the boarding ramp and into the necropolis, Light-Spear in tow. It was raining, and the ground was soft and muddy beneath his boots. There was too much wildlife on the jungle planet for the ship’s scanner to make sense of it all, so he was going in unsure of what to expect. All he knew was that there was supposed to be a Jedi here, hanging around an ancient tomb.

He’d had a chance to research the place. It was supposed to be the final resting place of one Glarnkin Thi, a legendary Sith who had left behind an artifact capable of bringing people back from the dead.

As he walked, he passed numerous ruined monuments and tombs long since plundered. The idea of looting some of these places also struck his fancy, though he would reserve a change in objective until he knew just what he was getting into. It all depended on the circumstances, the calculated risks, the most logical and beneficial option.

He knew more about his target than he did about this Glarnkin guy, but only a little. K KAR was her name. Beautiful woman, at least in the pictures. Would be a shame to have to hurt her.

Word on the hyperlanes said she wasn’t technically a Jedi anymore, but the way the Sith operated, if you weren’t a Sith, you were the enemy. The politics of it didn’t mean much to him, but he did find that mentality stupid.

Maybe Theo was right. Maybe he should just rob the Sith’s grave. He knew people who would be interested in the artifact—a certain pointy-eared archaeologist came to mind. And if not him, there were plenty of private collectors who would pay handsomely—

Alyosha slowed. The only sound he could hear was the rain pinging off his helmet, the air filtering through devoid of jungle scents. But he could sense another presence through the Force, somewhere just ahead of him.

Was it the Jedi? Somehow, he doubted it. A mourner coming to pay their respects to the dead? Or to plunder hallowed ground? Hell, could it be another hunter drawn here by the rumored presence of a Jedi?

Holding his Light-Spear at the ready, he began to approach the presence cautiously, ready to attack at a moment’s notice. As he walked forward, the silhouette of a starship emerged through the downpour, and with it a figure heading down the ramp…

Civ Civ Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KAR
Boz Pity he had read the accounts, and the logs that were found. Everything was great until planet fall then nothing. You would think this place would have a large sign on it blinking STAY OUT!

No. It welcomed the adventurers and the traders alike with equal balance. What happen on here was only known to those that made it here.

He did not want to raise the dead though there were some he could certainly use some advice from, like his grandfather Garith Darkhold Garith Darkhold . But he had disappeared again and this time Theo wasn't sure he was coming back. His Aunt Bella tried to explain but Theo did not want to understand he had finally started finding even ground with him and..well..it didn't matter now did.

Perhaps all this running around was to purge himself of the doubts and anger that he felt. Out here on Boz Pity who knew what he found. Maybe some unforgiving relic, or answers on the questions he had.

Right now he wanted to make sure he got some supplies so he wouldn't dehydrate or starve.

K KAR | Civ Civ | Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel | Alyosha Drutin

Equipment: Cross Guard Lightsaber (Plasma Blue Blade) | Wrist Blade | Pair of Axes
Armor: n/a
Tags: | K KAR | Civ Civ | Alyosha Drutin | Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Stomping through the rain, Rylan seemed to move with a focus and determination of a man convinced of his destiny. He'd heard rumors that the tomb of Glarnkin Thi had been discovered, and while it wasn't usually in his usual list of duties to deal with such history and relics, there was no way he could let this knowledge fall into the wrong hands.

The force ebbed and flowed around him, he could sense others had also come, but he couldn't be completely sure of their interests, the only thing that concerned him was getting the Sith holocron and getting it far from here, either to be locked up in the deepest darkest vaults of the sanctum or to be destroyed so that no one could abuse its power. So he marched ever on, his senses tingling, if a fight broke out, he was prepared, he just hoped none would be foolish enough to try and engage him, but he wasn't afraid to add an extra body to the tomb if need be.

Equipment: Single Bladed Lightsaber (pink blade) | ELG-3A blaster Pistol | Rope & Grapple | backpack with camping supplies
Armor: N/A
Tags: Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Civ Civ Alyosha Drutin Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Katarine slid down the steep incline from the window she'd entered through. Her boots slid against the moss and sleek stone, pushed along by the rain water that still clung to their material. With a loud scuffing noise she came to a stop and waited. She gently put one foot out, testing the weight of the tomb floor. It was solid and so she took a few steps, relaxing slightly.

She could feel the pull of the darkside within the tomb, and maybe even the signatures of other living beings, though if they were animals or sentient she had no idea. All she knew was that an artifact that could bring back the dead was not something the Sith needed to get their hands on. Sure she might not be an official member of the Jedi Order currently, but she was a member of the galaxy and it was in enough turmoil at the moment.

Suddenly her senses went off and she rolled, narrowly avoiding bladed darts that came out of the wall. They flew across the area she had just been standing and stuck in the rock there. She took a deep breath and looked at the path ahead. The tomb was probably full of traps and who knew what else.

Last edited:
Funo stepped outside, but before leaving, remembered the pouring rain. He reached behind him and his robe took off towards him. It wasn't a raincoat per se, however, due to the oiling it received along with it's durable nature, it was a certainly acceptable garment for occasions such as this. He began to step, keeping his senses attuned.

Which was the right call, already, aside from simply the presence of the dark side within the tomb. There were others. The dark side was powerful, and if it was the case, it could very well be that the other presences he felt were not indeed other sentients at all. Or at least not the kind a normal person might expect. However, dark side hallucinations or not, there was danger. And one he would keep his attention on as he pressed onwards. The jedi took in a breath and began to move forwards through the rain.

It seemed however, his concerns would not remain unanswered for long, he was being approached. He stopped outside his ship. Shutting the ramp behind him and taking in a deep breath. He was not going to take the chances. If this was a living being like himself, not something of the dark side. Then perhaps he had less to fear. They were more easily reasoned with. But if it was of the dark side of the force, he must shield himself, mind and body. And so that was what he prepared for. Focusing himself within the force, to protect himself from it.

He looked into the vague outline Alyosha Drutin (
OOC: I think it was me you were referencing)
through the rain. "Hello to you, I mean no harm. I'm an archaeologist, or a historian scholar." he said, raising a hand above his head, he then repeated that same phrase in Dosh (the most likely to shoot without inquiring further), and then again in sith, though the final was a bit more troubling for him. Not due to the pronunciation, but remembering how it was pronounced. He focused primarily on the script form, not the verbal. As a result, he only truly used it around others verbally if he believed there was a chance they were sith, or that the use of it might achieve a positive response. Such as if this was a sith ghost.

K KAR Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Kai and Gerda

K
Civ Civ

The figure was a cloaked man—specifically, a Mirialan archaeologist. He spoke in Basic, then in what sounded like two other languages. Alyosha couldn’t understand either, but he guessed the guy was repeating the same phrase in every tongue he knew, just to be on the safe side.

“If you are what you say you are, I won’t bother you,” Alyosha replied lightly, waving his free hand dismissively. “I'm looking for somebody who I think may have gone into one of the tombs.”

Now for the lie. He let artificial concern seep into his voice, softening his tone.

“My girlfriend. She’s into archaeology and history too, you’d probably like her. We came here to explore one of the tombs, belonging to someone named Glarnkin Thi. Not too long after we arrived, it started raining. I wanted to wait until it stopped, but she left on her own as soon as my back was turned..."

His voice weakened as he trailed off, hoping to rouse the archaeologist's sympathies.

“You wouldn’t happen to have seen her around, would you? Her name is Katarine, gorgeous brunette, carrying a lightsaber. Or… do you know where the tomb is?”

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel K KAR

Purchased: Water, pick axe, lights
Armed: Blaster, Single blade lightsaber

He headed out to the tomb his senses guided him more than anything else. the crawling feeling on his skin joined with the whispers in his head that urged him in one direction or another.

He nodded to no one and talked to himself along the way. I could be wrong but there's something else out here something..or..someone. He knew he wasn't alone as he approached. He knew he had to climb up and then in. He stood there studying the paths around him with a short nod he headed towards one, a tight fit as he edged around the corners.

He should have brought someone with him he had this sneaking feeling that he would live to regret not doing so.

He scanned around him on the wall an image not a rune or a marker an image of a human male. Hard to tell how old but odd that it would be here all of a sudden. He reached over his finger tips gently caressed the image, then the floor opened up and Theo disappeared.

A rush of sound, a roll and then falling.

Civ Civ | Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel | K KAR | Alyosha Drutin

Last edited:
Stopping at the base of the temple like tomb, Rylan scanned it as best he could in the fog and rain. There had to be a way in that didn't require too much effort or disturbance to the spirits that lived here, between the elements of nature, the spirits, and the myriad of tomb robbers that haunted the lands, there was more than enough danger without adding to it himself.

With a deep sigh, he quickly rushed forward and lept high, letting out a grunt as he landed on a ledge several meters above the entryway to the tomb, which in his mind, was more than likely a booby-trapped door, and not something he had any interest in dealing with, especially when he could sense someone with a much more nefarious intent somewhere out there. Creeping along the edge, he finally found a good entry point, a broken window, gripping the frame, he drew one of his axes and smashed out the rest of the glass so he could pass through into the inky black that was the inside of the tomb.

Slipping in as quietly as he could, there was no doubt in his mind that if there was someone else inside, they'd have heard the glass being broken and scattered to the ground below, but there was no time for that concern, and so he slid down into the darkness, only time would tell what came next...

Tags: | K KAR | Civ Civ | Alyosha Drutin | Theo Vereen Theo Vereen |

Katarine was holding a glow stick up to the walls to examine some of the paintings when she heard glass breaking. She scanned the large room, but it was so dark she couldn't tell if the window was in this room or another. The sound had echoed so perhaps it was a little ways off. Either way she probably didn't want to run into a bunch of looters at this moment. They usually didn't care who they hurt in their quest to get the goods.

She decided to move on, hopefully to find a better vantage point, but that plan was cut short when her boot sunk into the stone. A lever in the floor was activated and before she knew it the ground had given way and she was falling down a tunnel. She hit the bottom with an oof, and dust was kicked up everywhere. She started to cough and look around, wondering if she really was alone in this place or if it was just restless spirits.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Alyosha Drutin Civ Civ Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel

The man waved in return, greetings. He said he was looking for someone, claimed it was his girlfriend. And similarities between her and Civ. Civ crossed his arm and furrowed his brow thinking over what he was being told. The story wasn't unreasonable. It would be hard to discern who this person was so close to the tomb. Even as he spoke he could easily still be another deception. Or, he could be a liar. He said his girlfriend was carrying a lightsaber.

Civ kept his cool, and started walking as he responded, he wasn't walking directly towards the tomb. Rather he was taking a sort of angled path. For two reasons, this was one of the ways he saw to get there, but also so that if this person was just chasing someone, and Civ answered as he would, he couldn't just run there after getting his answer, because he'd end up passing it by. Still, real, fake, or illusion, Civ answered. "I haven't sorry. But I do know the way if you're willing to follow me."

He looked up at the sky but holding his hood to avoid it falling back, "I normally go alone. It's a ways out and I usually just run there. I've been to too many tombs to think that landing nearby is a good idea. So your girlfriend, you said she has a lightsaber? What's her name and what does she look like? Wonder if we've ever met." he said. That wasn't entirely a lie, but it wasn't exactly the truth either. It was very unlikely that Civ had actually met her. For a Jedi he ran into very few others for awhile. Rather, it was to see what information he could get. If this man was the real deal, then it'd help him discover the person. If he was an illusion, it could bring truth to his true nature. If he was a fraud, it could help reveal holes in his story. "Mind if we do this at least at a jog. It's going to take awhile if we don't."

Alyosha Drutin K KAR Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha smiled behind his helmet. Looks like he just acquired a new companion, and one who was familiar with the lay of the land no less.

He fell into step alongside the Mirialan, still carrying his Light-Spear. They were heading down an old, overgrown path.

“Yeah, she’s a Jedi,” he replied to the alien’s question. “Or at least, she’s had Jedi training. She uh, doesn’t like to talk about it much…”

Alyosha’s eyelids lowered slightly as he tried to recall the woman’s picture. He didn’t have a photographic memory, but he had spent enough time looking at her image that he would recognize her on sight. Describing her features in detail was another thing entirely.

“Her name is Katarine Ryiah,” he said. “Not a very tall woman. She’s got long dark hair, brown eyes, medium skin tone—for a human, that is.” He side-eyed the Mirialan, checking to see if the name rang any bells. If this guy knew her, they were going to have a problem. Hell, they were probably going to have a problem regardless once he reached Katarine and the whole missing girlfriend ruse collapsed.

The Mirialan stressed the need for speed. “As long as you can keep up with me,” Alyosha replied, automatically breaking into a jog. “The faster we get there, the faster I find my girl.”

"Speaking of which, I didn't catch your name,"
he added. "Are you a Jedi too?"

Jedi or not, he was confident he could take this guy out if it came down to a fight. But until they reached the tomb, the Mirialan was an asset to him, one that he wanted to keep on his side for as long as possible.

Civ Civ K KAR Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel

Reactions: KAR
A soft thud followed by groans and whisper of 'ow" Theo did not know how far he feel or if he had even made it inside right now it was dark and he felt like he had been run down by bantha.

He slowly pushed up to where he could manage to stand. He reached to find a light, it wasn't there. Back down to his knees he crawled around hoping to find his gear. As he searched he remembered the image what was it, a warning? A marker? Something that he had not read about anywhere so could it be a trap, and if so how many others were there inside here.

His hand landed on something hard, "yes" Theo ignited the light and looked for anything else that might have fallen. He was very obviously in a tunnel which way to go?

A quick calming of his mind and he headed off to the right.

K KAR " Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel | Civ Civ | Alyosha Drutin

Alyosha Drutin
So she was a Jedi, so he said. If she even existed. But apparently spoke little of it. That could suggest that she left the order, or was forced out. Civ didn't really avoid his own past, but his problems weren't related to the order but to his masters death. Something he had taken his time learning to cope with. Now he had a name, 'Katerine Ryiah' he said. Funo hummed to himself holding his holo-pad in the hand opposite Alyosha typing into it to send the request to his Astromech to search the holo-web to see if he could find information on her. The name wasn't familiar to Civ, which suggested that she probably wasn't something common to the tomb. But, that was only a suggestion. Not many had come out alive, so there was only so much information. He then held the pad out looking at a map of the area as if that was his purpose before tucking it away again.

"Human, Katarine, dark brown hair and eyes." He shook his head uncertainly, "Name doesn't ring a bell. Then again, I've met a lot of people over the years. Some were real, some were not. Well, by not I mean they weren't all living. Projections, illusions, that sort of thing."

In spite of his suspicion, Funo was a rather friendly man. Even smiling, in spite of the possibility that Alyosha wasn't who he claimed to be. Although, Civ didn't know who he was. Just that he could be anything and there was no reason to assume whether he was real or not and he might as well react to both at the same time.

Civ chuckled at the response about him keeping up as they broke into a jog,
"Oh that shouldn't be a problem. Warn me if you're getting tired." he said, his movements were incredibly smooth. After having done this in this sort of terrain for most of his life, Funo had a really good feel and really good stamina for this sort of thing. Of course he was also a Miralan who were particularly agile and flexible, so difficult terrain was much less problematic.

He started picking up the pace, testing to see how Alyosha might try and match it. There were a number of reasons he wanted to speed up. 1. if this person was who he said he was, they should try and arrive soon so they could be reunited. 2. If he was an illusion there was the chance there could be a slip-up. A mismatch between the running and the ground. 3. If he was some kind of enemy but was still flesh and bone, then it would be a good judge of his physical ability.

In answer to the question posed, "Funo Civ, pleasure to meet you." he said with a nod and a smile, "And yes. Though I don't belong to an order anymore. My master died years ago. If you can consider just one person a master. For years I've been traveling, searching history, artifacts, so on. Traps and puzzles. Ghosts, pirates, raiders. There's a lot of stories to tell. I still follow his teachings though, learned much from him. Watch your step." he leapt over a puddle and continued, "What about you, what's your story? Traveling with a possible Jedi who doesn't talk about it, carrying one of those." he gestured to the Cortosis_staff. "Those are good choices. Lots of variability."

Kai and Gerda

K
The Mirialan’s sudden activity with his datapad didn’t escape Alyosha’s notice, nor did he miss the vague reference to illusions and ghosts. He didn’t quite know what the scholar was referring to exactly, but he picked up on some suspicion in the man’s tone.

Did he think Alyosha was an illusion? Well, that was one he hadn’t heard before.

Aside from this odd paranoia, the alien came across as very friendly and amiable. He joked and quickened his pace, almost inviting Alyosha to race him. Alyosha matched his stride with ease, but also couldn’t resist getting a little competitive—it would help with his story as well, making him appear more eager to find the missing Katarine.

In addition to his background in acrobatics as a child and rigorous combat training as a teen, Alyosha kept himself in excellent physical condition. He might even be described as something of a fitness enthusiast, though his reasons for exercising regularly and vigorously had more to do with practical concerns than any actual enjoyment.

Now he had a proper name—Funo Civ. A semi-formal Jedi, from the sound of it, as well as a traveling scholar in search of knowledge. Alyosha carefully stepped over the puddle as Civ warned him. The surface of the water remained unbroken, with not even a ripple to disturb it.

“Nice to meet you, Civ. My name’s Alyosha Drutin.” He held up his Light-Spear. It was newly constructed and had yet to see much use. “I’m still being trained. My master uses one of these as well… she’s an interesting woman.”

He hesitated, not sure if he should drop his master’s name. Themis was indeed an interesting woman—and she also had a dark and shady past, little of which he knew about. Well, if this guy had heard of her, maybe it would give him an opportunity to learn more.

“Themis is her name. Used to be Darth Themis. She gave that title up long before I met her.”

Civ Civ

Moving slowly through the darkness, Rylan tried to rely on the force as heavily as he could, using it to guide him past any of the traps. The sound of some stone grinding nearby though made his ears twitch to listen, then distant.... coughing? Someone else was in here, and just ahead of him.

Moving like a ghost himself, he finally came to the edge of the trap, but it was too dark to see anything, which caused the man to sigh a bit, he fought with instincts for a moment or two before finally pulling a pair of glow sticks from a pouch on his belt. Snapping, shaking and dropping them down the hole, he made out the distance a bit, then the form of a person, roughly, perhaps a female? The force ebbed around her it seemed. 'Dammit all Rylan, you don't have time for this...' he silently cursed to himself before finally clearing his throat, "Are you okay down there? Do you need help?" he called down, not fully knowing what to expect from this chance encounter.

Tags: K KAR | Civ Civ | Theo Vereen Theo Vereen | Alyosha Drutin

They were keeping moving, good speed, good pace. He tried to make sure the breathing was consistent with the pace. To see where the point of exhaustion was, and see that his breathing matched the way that he was running. He was just a few inches short of a foot below the Mirialan. That was a big difference when it came to covering distance, but not enough that the distance they were covering would be any problem if Alyosha was properly fit. If he was a regular human who was simply very fit, he might be a bit exhausted or breathy, but not enough to truly wear him down. If he was like Funo and used the force to supplement his physical state to ensure greater stamina, this would be a cakewalk. And if he was an illusion, well then none of this would matter.

Alyosha Drutin was the name given. He'd remember that, repeating it in his head a few times as he continued to listen. And that turned out to be a good choice, 'Darth Themis.' Civ stopped near a point to a simple swift walking, clearly not exhausted, but in fact incredibly confused, "Sorry...did you say Darth Themis." His eyes glinted with some form of recognition, "As in the one who was executed."

There were far more questions about this Darth Themis than that, however, that would have to wait, there was a beep and Civ glanced at his holopad. He ran his fingers across his forehead. They were close enough to the tomb by now that theoretically Alyosha could figure it out on his own where they were. If he had a somewhat good knowledge of the terrain. Or if he could allow the force to guide him towards the tomb.

He let out a groan and came to a complete stop, hoping that that wasn't the case. And that Alyosha didn't in fact know where he was by now or how close they really were. "So, your girlfriend is an 800 year old undercover agent." that wasn't the only problem with this. If that was all he found, he could maybe guess this man was a ghost or illussion. But it wasn't the end. Katarine had another piece of information his droid had found, an entry about her and the Silver Jedi Order. She was presumed dead a very long time ago, and yet, here was a record of her. And here was someone claiming she was his girlfriend. He still wasn't convinced exactly who this guy was. But something was definitely strange here, either one of these individuals mentioned made things...problematic.

He intentionally kept some of what he had on the holopad hidden. Deactivating it and keeping his eyes on Alyosha Drutin,
"Now, I'm not an investigator or detective. I don't do that with people, not that are still alive anyway. But I would like to see if you can convince me that this is indeed your girlfriend. I'm pretty sure you're not of the temple. But that doesn't mean you are who you say you are."

He held up a hand. There was no fear, nor anger, nor even hostility on Civ's face. He portrayed a still peaceful appearence. Funo preferred discussion, always. "Before there is a risk of this breaking out into a fight. I would like to give warning. I avoid conflict. But that doesn't mean I am unprepared. My master taught me a good deal about the saber, and about the force, and I've continued to learn and practice that. I am not bragging, but I don't like fighting. Or hurting people. And if it requires that I provide a resume of being an experienced individual, and sounding like a pretentious man. Then I will do that. So if this does turn into a fight," he held his hands out, open, and a strangely apologetic smile, but not one of pride, "It may not be as easy as one might hope."

Truth was he hated talking like that. It sounded prideful, it did. He didn't consider what he did as being his own accomplishments. What he knew was that sometimes it helped to show a lack of fear, and not a lack of experience, when confronted with the potential combat that some things could bring forwards.

"Are you okay down there? Do you need help?"

She heard a mans voice and a moment latter a glowstick fell down the hole. This must have been who she had heard earlier. She bit her lip and wondered if she should answer him. He was offering to help her, but if he was a vengeful spirit he could just be getting ready to hurt her. Of course if she stayed at the bottom of this hole she'd starve to death and become a spirit herself. Not really a lot of options.

"I'm okay. The floor gave way. Be careful. I think the wooden planks holding it up are rotten."

Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel Civ Civ Alyosha Drutin Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha’s eyebrows rose. Themis, executed? “That’s not possible,” he replied sternly. “I was with Themis on Atrisia only a couple of months ago. We fought and killed a local Kaiju that was terrorizing the city—”

He stopped abruptly. He was about to add that there was a record of their presence there, but that wasn’t true—Themis had bluffed them in, using Mind Tricks to get them through the draconian customs put in place after Mythos’ destructive invasion of the planet. He was at a loss there.

But still, there was no way Themis had been executed. She’d been alive when he met her, and she was still alive the last time he saw her. “Wherever you’re getting your information from, it’s wrong. Themis is alive and kicking.”

As Civ’s datapad beeped and the Mirialan began to read off what he had found out about Katarine, Alyosha sensed that he was losing control over this situation. Civ was wising up. He was more suspicious than ever. Alyosha’s grip on his spear tightened. They still hadn’t reached the tomb. Impatience and annoyance were beginning to boil his blood, threatening to override his will.

Patience, padawan. You’re not there yet.

He forced himself to relax, the tension ebbing out of him. “Fair enough,” he replied stiffly. “You’re right, I’m not ‘of the Temple’. I’m not a Jedi or a Sith, or a fethin’ illusion. I’m just a guy looking for the woman I love.” He gestured. “Does this path lead to the tomb? Because if so, I’ll just be on my way. I don’t have time for this.”

He had already sized Civ up and determined that, despite the height difference between the two and Civ’s apparent Jedi training, they would be evenly matched. Like Civ, he’d prefer not to fight if it wasn’t necessary—the less risks he took, the longer he’d live. Civ didn't seem to be issuing a challenge, but he sure was paranoid. Unless…

“...Are you trying to get me to fight you?” Alyosha asked, genuine bewilderment coming through in his voice. “Is that how I would prove myself to you? I thought Jedi didn’t fight unless absolutely necessary.”

Civ Civ K KAR Theo Vereen Theo Vereen Rylan Kordel Rylan Kordel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom