Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private aggressive negotiations

‘A transport carrying commenori gubernatorial candidate Thuma Urman, her family, and three of her aides has been hijacked. The passengers have been taken hostage. As of yet the unknown hijackers have made no demands and have not made contact outside of their initial message informing commenori officials of said hijacking.

With many Jedi and rangers being off on circumtore, we ask you Ryuchi Ryo to lend your expertise and provide the safe rescue of the hostages.

The hijackers would be preferred to be captured alive but there would be no action against you if that becomes an impossibility.’

• Signed Hughstace Demor Commenori secret service

Dagos read the message for a third time as he and Ryuchi made their way toward the hijacked vessel. This was Dagos first real mission, excitement filled his whole body. He’d come dressed for the occasion having procured some tactical gear before disembarking with his master

He thumbed through the rest of the report that had been sent with them. Seven hostages. Mrs. Urman, human, fifty years old, brown hair with a streak of grey. Mr. Urman, sixty-two years old, grey hair, bearded. Yama Urman, 15 years old, daughter, brown hair. Haten Urman, twenty-two, son, brown hair. The other three were listed as her aides, two women and one man all in their twenties. There was no mention of how many hijackers or even what species to expect.

Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo

Ryu looked over to Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek from his pilot seat. He seemed almost subdued compared to his usual ways. Still full of bravado and bluster to be sure. But the young man had spent an almost inordinate amount of time studying the intelligence they'd be given.

The Pantoran had been tapped for the mission. Not much of a surprise considering what he'd done for the last six years or so. Except now he had an apprentice to consider. Technically, two of them.

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri was not his student, but she'd been tasked to this mission. Apparently the Masters had felt her ready for additional challenges. But the young Togurta hadn't yet arrived and he'd begun to worry. She wasn't technically late yet.

But he wished she'd been a little earlier. Yes, he'd told her a specific time. But every moment could be the last for hostages. He'd have already taken off, but then, he wasn't used to working with apprentices.

"It's a good habit to study all the intelligence you can, Dagos." the elder Jedi said to his apprentice approvingly.

"There's a saying among the Wookies that roughly translates as: know your enemy and know yourself and you will never lose a fight."

"It's a good habit to study all the intelligence you can, Dagos." the elder Jedi said to his apprentice approvingly.

“Chit Ryuchi, I’m just trying not to kark this up.” Dagos’ usual defiance was all but disappeared at this time. Even at fourteen he understood what was at stake being sent on a rescue mission involving live assailants with bad intentions for him or their hostages.

"There's a saying among the Wookies that roughly translates as: know your enemy and know yourself and you will never lose a fight." His master told him.

Dagos considered the saying for a second and decided that he liked it. Whenever he had a big match at the academy he had always done his best to prepare.

Just as Dagos was beginning to wonder what was taking so karking long to get going, they were joined aboard Ryuchi’s ship by another. To Dagos' surprise it was one of the people he’d met his very first time at the enclave. He could not remember her name but he did recall that like him, she practiced K’thri.

She’d introduced herself to Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo and Ryuchi only. What the kark ever, he did not need to be friends with her to get this job done. That’s right her name was Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

He just hoped she wouldn’t get in the way.

There she is....

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri appeared as if out of nowhere. She was fast, he had to say. Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek would have to watch his podium spot if they ever raced. He acknowledged her with a nod.

"Ryuichi will do here, Kuxirra," he said in a not unfriendly way "And yes, you read correctly."

He'd already went through pre-flight checks in his efficient way, only waiting on the other apprentice to join them. Now he began to power on the engines whilst simultaneously punching in co-ordinates.

He looked over to Dagos, noting the unease in his voice. Very unlike the brash youth, the Pantoran noted, so he decided to give him a distraction. Something to calm his mind and give him purpose.

"Why don't you go over the situation once more with Kuxirra. Dagos?," he said reasonably "I know she'll have read the briefing but perhaps you've picked up on something we may have missed. I may learn something too. Oh, and both of you strap-in, we'll be off in a moment."

In the meantime, he contacted flight control, gaining permission to lift off.

He gave them exactly a moment as he eased the shuttle off the ground, sub-lights humming as they slowly ascended. Then they were off....

"Dagos, right? I remember you from Commenor. I didn't know Ryuchi was your Master." Kuxirra said to him.

“What up doe?” he greeted with an accompanying ‘sup’ head nod. “Yeah, Ryuchi is my dude.” Dagos was never a fan of using the phrase master.

"Why don't you go over the situation once more with Kuxirra. Dagos?," Ryuchi said reasonably "I know she'll have read the briefing but perhaps you've picked up on something we may have missed. I may learn something too. Oh, and both of you strap-in, we'll be off in a moment."

“word , word, word.” Dagos said as he strapped himself in whilst thumbing through his datapad looking for any kind of helpful tidbit they may have missed.

“Ryuchi, this report is poodoo.” Dagos couldn’t believe how little local authorities had provided them. “Not much that we don’t already know. Surface level stuff really, seven hostages, unknown number of assailants of unknown race or affiliation.”

Dagos bit his lip as frowned while going through the report.

“This is interesting. I think.” He hoped. “So far no demands have been made. There has only been one message between the hijackers and the cops.”

Nothing interesting so far “But it looks like the message didn’t come from Candidate Urman’s ship. So either they relayed it from somewhere else to keep things confusing or there is a second ship we may have to worry about.”

“Not only that but the message was sent by a droid. That makes me think, we are perhaps dealing with hijackers that don’t speak basic.”

Dagos finished his assessment trying to sound confident in his appraisal of the situation.

Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

The Pantoran grimaced slightly at being called 'my dude' but said nothing. It wasn't as if this was an Enclave or an official event. He'd object a lot more strenuously. Perhaps with a swift backhand; well, maybe not...it wasn't the Jedi way.

"Not a bad assessment," Ryuichi opined "There could be a second ship. Either way, they're organized and professionals."

"This is clearly politically motivated. Ordinary kidnappers would have demanded a ransom. Perhaps they're a terrorist group or hired by a political rival."

He look back to Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek and Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri and spoke further.

"If that's the case, we can assume they have their bases covered. They'll stop at nothing to complete their mission."

"I also agree that the police report is threadbare. So, what you both need to do during our journey their is dig up what you can on the candidate perhaps that might shed more light. Also, consult the holonet for local terrorist and paramilitary groups, if you'd be so kind."

Dagos took Ryuchi’s advice and started going through the holonet, looking for anything that might give them some kind of idea of what they were walking into. Dagos brow furrowed in frustration as the usual channels gave him nothing. What the kark.

Wait! Dagos switched from the usual channels and started scrolling through social media typing in keywords hoping beyond hope he would find something and...holy chit.

“Ryuchi! Social is buzzing about some chit on Chaross IV.” buzzing was maybe a strong phrase but there was something there. “There is a group The...Chaross IV liberty movement...akk chit name” he added as an aside “They on everything from space-insta, to Spitter, even spacebook.” Who was still on spacebook? He wondered incredulously.

“Looks like lots of people are hopping on with bad feelings toward The Silvers. Threats and chit. Do you think they are the ones pulling this stunt?” He asked Ryuchi hoping he did good like some sad akk pup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there were two ships before there was now only one that was visible through the viewports or on scans. Now all the Jedi had to do was figure out how to dock and infiltrate without getting anyone killed before they could pull off their heroics

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

Ryuichi turned his head to listen to his Padawan. He cocked an eyebrow at the language but quickly forgot about that. Dagos' familiarity with popular social media was useful after all. The elder Jedi nodded after he finished.

"That group I've heard of," he said "I haven't dealt with them directly, though."

"Their rhetoric is definitely anti-Concord. It would make sense to hire them. Terrorists need funding too and this...it happens to advance their agenda by harming us."

The Pantoran considered for a moment.

"If it's them, this represents a big step up. They'll be well-armed, probably somewhat better trained than average."

He looked to Kuxirra as she spoke up.

"That means they'll be nervous. Trigger-happy, most likely. We need to proceed with extreme caution."

He thought of what to do as they came closer to their mission.

"Kuxirra, Dagos," he said as he looked back to both of them in turn.

"We need to assume there's more of them on another ship. That means we can't storm the ship. What we do is as follows: I comm them, present myself as what I am...a Jedi negotiator. I'll go aboard and make the initial overtures. Meanwhile, the both of you will sneak aboard. You'll look for the hostage and free her."

"Then you will get her aboard our ship and back to safety. I'll join you as soon as I can."

An almost smug smirk came across Dagos’ face as Ryuchi in his own Ryuchi way told Dagos he had done a good job figuring out who they were dealing with.

“That means they’ll be trigger happy.” Ryuchi told them and Dagos stomach leapt with...excitement, as his hand instinctively moved to the borrowed lightsaber he was given by his master for this mission. He had been training hard with Ryuchi and now he would finally be able to show how good he had gotten in an actual mission!

Holy chit! Ryuchi was going to let him go off on his own? On his first mission? Well not alone, with Kuxirra but still Dagos knew that Ryuchi was really showing faith in his padwan more than the tag along.

"What if they don't want to negotiate? What if they hurt you? What then?" Kuxirra asked.

Dagos shot her a dirty look for even suggesting such a thing. Didn’t she know Ryuchi Ryo was the scourge of the outer rim? A blade of justice for the Jedi order and more than a match for some coward terrorists?

“Then we hurt them back.” Dagos told her

“Ryuchi? Should we worry about the other hostages too or…?” He asked his instructor, trying to be clear on what the parameters of the mission were.

Ryuichi was about to answer Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri when Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek spoke up. The Pantoran shook his head slowly.

"No Dagos, our goal is to avoid any bloodshed. Never do we actively seek to kill. When we are made to do so, it represents a failing on our parts."

He had killed on occasion and always regretted having to do it.

"If they try to hurt me...," he said to the young Togruta "I'll do what I need to do."

He looked back to his student.

"Our goal is to save all of the hostages. Therefore, what you're both doing is of the greatest importance. You need to avoid detection because this isn't about personal glory."

He gave special weight to the last part and met his apprentice's eyes as he said it. Eagerness would get beings killed. As a young trainee, he'd almost cost the lives of several. All because he was in search of glory.

"I'm just a distraction. They'll know I'm a Jedi and be keeping their attention fixed mainly on me. That will make your jobs easier."

It was simple and that was it's strength. They'd be coming up alongside their goal soon....

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Kuxirra nodded at Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo . "I understand." part of her training as a super soldier included stealth, which she had grown proficient at. "Dagos, you don't exactly seem like the stealthy type," the Togruta said bluntly, as she often did. Sometimes it came across as rude, but it wasn't intended to be rude.

Dagos did his best to look contrite as Ryuchi chastised him slightly for his eagerness toward hypothetical vengeance. His life on Nar Shaddaa, privileged as it was, did not promote pacifism. He had grown up around an eye for an eye culture, you did not let someone get one over on you. That kind of attitude led to Dagos knowing a lot of people who ended up dead or locked away.

“Okay, fight only if we have to.” He said making sure Ryuchi knew he had been listening.

“this isn't about personal glory." Ryuchi told him. Just him and before Dagos could even work up a frown Kuxirra made it known she didn’t think he was particularly suited for this type of mission either.

Seriously what the kark? First off who the kark was she to say he couldn’t be stealthy just by looking at him? Sure he had never done a stealth mission before...or any mission but that was the more reason that she wouldn’t have the first karking clue what he was or wasn’t good at. And where the kark did Ryuchi get off implying Dagos would be reckless?

This was some grade A bantha poodoo. He would show them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hijacked yacht would broadcast a message as the three jedi made their approach

“Approaching vessel please state your purpose.” The refined tone of a protocol droid said.

Negotiating being able to dock would be surprisingly easy for Ryuchi Ryo. So easy as to clearly be a trap but one that must be sprung none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom