Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

”Well.” Typical of Kurt he hadn't exactly thought all of this through just yet.

Theed was an expensive place, for people like him especially. At the best of times he didn't have a lot of money to spend, though he supposed he did have The Eve now as well as that weird Mandalorian mask he'd won at Auction before coming here. He supposed that would be worth some cash at least, but before she resort to that another thought came to mind.

”I sort of suppose…” He looked at her half sheepish. ”That sort of depends on you.”

This wasn't a decision he could make all on his own after all, it was something Jamie had to decide on as well. It impacted them both, after all. ”I could stay with you…”

Kurt trailed off again before smiling slightly and counting.

”Or I'll camp just outside of Theed.” He grinned and gently squeezed her hand. ”As long as I'm closer.”

He had enough of showing up and finding out she was seriously hurt. Enough of always being too late to help. Jamie was the woman he loved, and he wanted to be there for her when she needed it. Not days after, not when he could only sit at the side of her bed and hold her hand.

Jamie rubbed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose gently while she thought about what Kurt had said. Not only was he moving to Naboo, but the idea was to move in with her, on Naboo. On one hand it meant it was easier for their security to maintain an eye on the two of them, but on the other hand it meant that everything the two did would then be under a microscope. If Kurt lived elsewhere, more security would be needed, and she would constantly have to worry about whether or not he was safe, as well as the rest of her family.

No matter the decision, it came with drawbacks.

Then again, there was also the small issue with Jamie's mother not quite approving of Kurt. If he lived with her and they weren't married? Jamie was certain the woman would flip her lid.

"I could arrange for an apartment in Theed for you to stay in for now, while you get settled in. Close to the palace, within walking distance. That way you can visit easily enough."

That way Kurt could adjust to living on Naboo a bit while they figured the rest of everything out.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Alright." Kurt said slowly.

He knew that for Jamie this wasn't exactly the easiest thing to deal with. She was the Queen of Naboo, had to account for a dozen factors both political and social, and that wasn't even to mentioning her family. Her mother didn't like him very much, though he thought he'd made a pretty good impression with her father. Briefly he wondered if his education would improve any of that, after all he wasn't just some miscreant courier anymore, he nearly had a degree.

Either way, he was sure about this move at least. Kurt didn't want to show up on Naboo, didn't want to meet up with her somewhere only for both of them to unload the bad news on one another. At least this way they would be together, or close to it.

They didn't have to see each other every day, he wasn't going to hang around the palace every minute either. He just wanted to be close in case something happened. That was really the crux of the entire issue. He had no doubt that things would have to be worked out with Jamie's security, her family, maybe even something with the Palace, but he wouldn't fight any of it. This was something he wanted, and he would deal with any consequences.

Half standing up Kurt leaned over and gently kissed Jamie's forehead, making sure to avoid any wounds. "So."

He began quietly.

"Getting stronger." Kurt assumed she had meant strength in the force, training, that sort of thing. "How do you do that?"

Shyela picked herself up from the chair she'd been sitting in, observing the courtyard from the window just beyond Jamie's room after Kurt had mentioned a means of getting stronger. For the first time Kurt would actually hear the woman speak, an uncanny similarity to Jamie's own voice projecting across the room.

"Allow me to answer that, my lady." The girl walked a few steps closer to both Jamie and Kurt. "There are many places in the galaxy rich in the Force, both the dark and the light. Places like Ruusan, Illum, Korriban, Tython, and many more hold secrets that few are ever privileged enough to bare witness to. It's in those places that you will find greater strength, challenges of your own fortitude and will. And tests of your dedication to the Force. But these are also dangerous places, some corrupted by the Dark Side, and others filled with beasts that stalk and consume the Force itself."

Jamie sat quietly and listened to her handmaiden speak. A number of such places Aela had spoken of in the past, and so she recognized them.

"If it's strength you seek, there you will find it."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kurt nodded quietly when the woman spoke, though in truth the entire thing still freaked him out more than a little bit. The whole idea of body doubles was apparently a time honored tradition on Naboo, but he had his own concerns about them.

Not loyalty of ability to protect Jamie or anything, rather he was terrified of accidentally walking up to one of the doubles and grabbing their ass thinking that it was Jamie. He didn't even want to know what kind of nightmare that would be, not just for him but...well he assumed it would be a Human Resources incident. Just thinking about it made the young man cringe a bit, his fingers tightening as he cleared his throat and interjected. "A lot of those worlds are under Sith Control right now."

He knew that well enough.

Most of the last few years Kurt has spent as a Courier, but he came from a world of Smugglers and Pirates. He knew the galaxy well, there was no arguing that.

"We could get there." He continued. "But it'd be tough."

"It wouldn't be a journey if it was easy, right?" Jamie suggested, though Kurt was right, it wouldn't be easy getting to many of those places. And even when it had been easy, things didn't typically go well for Jamie or those she traveled with. There was always some kind of monster, be it of Sith creation or Sith themselves, or some other beast that the planet fostered within it. Not once had she ever simply arrived on a planet in search of something and found it without a hitch.

Maybe that was the will of the Force.

"Perhaps it would be wise to enlist one of the Royal Jedi?" Sky shrugged, "That's what they're here for, right? To aide the Queen? Who better than a Jedi?"

The girl had a point, any of the Knights would be a welcome addition, if for nothing more than another set of eyes and a keen sense of the Force.

"Fair point." She said with a nod.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

A sudden bright smile touched his face. This was something at the very least he could help with. The force was an utter and complete mystery to him, he knew next to nothing about training for it and this entire quest was something that would likely end up confusing him. But the first leg of it was exactly in his wheelhouse. "We can use The Eve."

Kurt seemed rather pleased with himself at the moment.

"My friends and I built a ship at University." He was going to tell her all of this during his visit, but obviously hadn't quite yet gotten to do so yet. Now seemed as good a time as any, especially if it could help Jamie with what she wanted to do. "It's bigger than The Messa was, plenty of room for whatever we need, but the best part is..."

He trailed off for dramatic effect. "It has a cloaking device. To pretty much any sensor technology it will look like a small meteor."

In theory anyway. They hadn't exactly tested it against military systems yet.

"You'll just need to decide where." He told her, then glanced at the other woman. "And then we need to find a path."

The Eve could cloak itself once it was out of hyperspace, but if the Sith or whomever was ruling the system had a clever sensor tech than their reversion back to realspace would still be detected. There were some smuggler tricks to avoid that, but it all depended on the system they traveled to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom