Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Again and Adegan. [Vitor | GUIDE]

So much had happened over the last few months to bolster the growth of GUIDE. The completion and delivery of their mobile HQ was, by far, one of the greatest accomplishments to date. Now, with extra funding from a new top-tier Investor, she had the means to crafting their Beta program. The launch date lingered ever closer on the horizon.

But a missive from a Premiere Investor had pulled her from a jaunt to Mandalore with Isaiah Dashiell. Something concerning the production and design of the transport crafts she'd commissioned back on Sluis Van. Seemed it had hit a snag, though they didn't give much detail in the letter.

Either way, the dedication of 110% wasn't easily dismayed. Magdalena Lethe was quickly hopping hyperlanes back to the shipwright's base of operations: Sluis Van.

The hour was quite late when she arrived ... or early, she supposed. 3am. But she was here and she was awake and ready to help however she could. Not that she figured she would be much help - Magda was no ship builder, and she deeply hoped it had nothing to do with design specs. She rather disliked looking like a fool in front of professionals.

"Hello," she was back at the reception desk with a very irate looking receptionist receiving her. The girl cringed at the keen-eyed glare she received, "I'm Magdalena Lethe. I'm scheduled to meet with Mr. Imperieuse on the GUIDE transport project?"

[member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

"Ah, yes." A smile came to her face as she motioned down the hallway. "His office is at the far end of the hall." The door was already slightly ajar, and with good eyesight, she would likely be able to see Vitor looking over information on his datapad, ensuring that the GUIDE Transports were well-designed and more than capable of performing to the rigorous specifications which he had mandated they follow.

This would be quite an intriguing discussion.

"Thank you..." strange change of demeanor. Magda didn't think on it too much and headed off down the hall.

Quiet steps carried her to the doorway where she lingered for a moment, lifting a hand to knock only to waver due to the absence of a closed door. Bright blue eyes blinked - was the constant shift in timezones addling her mind? - so instead she gently cleared her throat.

"Ahem ... Mr. Imperieuse? I'm Magdalena Lethe, Founder of GUIDE."

When it seemed she was not interrupting the young woman walked in and over to his desk, offering a hand to shake, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Is, ahm, Miss Kuhn still with you? She never mentioned you before."

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Ah yes - Miss Lethe. Nice to finally meet you." He smiled. "I apologize, but Miss Kuhn is no longer part of Emeritus. She retired some short while ago - gave me the company, which was most unexpected, all things considered." Turning the datapad towards her, he showcased the final example of the GUIDE Transport, it's holographic projection rotating before the both of them. "Here we go - the vessel has some of the most advanced systems available. But I'll let you take a look when we go to see the prototype."

"Oh," Magda replied, "that's...great! Uh, for her, I suppose. Retirement and all..."

Not so great for Emeritus? Or maybe? Oh look a holographic ship.

"Ohhh," the Guide Founder slowly took a seat, wide blue eyes watching the projected design slowly spin on axis, "it's ... smaller than I expected," she gave a wane smirk, referring to the miniaturized digital model, "uhm. It looks great! So you have a working Prototype? Is it...here?"

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Yes we do." He grinned. "Follow me." Standing up, he motioned for her to follow him out the office, soon reaching the elevator shaft as he twisted the level knob, descending down to the hangar of the headquarters. "We've had to add a little more than what you originally intended. As is, though - you'll be getting our finest product up to this point."

With that, the door opened to reveal a plethora of ships. The GUIDE Transport was in there somewhere.

[member="Magdalena Lethe"] | [member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

Outside the office they would meet Gabriel Lethe, Maggy's brother. Whilst his sister had gone on ahead to the meeting, he had made the last couple of arrangements when it came to their security force. GUIDE was becoming a bigger name in the Galaxy and with that came the perks - and disadvantages - of being more well-known. It was important their assets stayed safe, it was even more important that they stayed safe.

For this meeting they hadn't taken any further security with them: mostly because they couldn't spare any, as of yet. You could only go so far, before your troops were too wide-spread to be useful.

"Mister Imperieuse, Maggy." Gabriel would greet polite, before adding himself subtly to the entourage. They would head to the place together.

"This is my brother, Gabriel," Magda introduced as the three of them stepped into the lift, "Co-Founder of GUIDE and head of our Security." There was a small smirk on her face as she looked up to her taller sibling, noting the lines of his expression. Trying so hard to be serious. Gabe.

She elbowed him in the side, completely nonchalant and looking away.

"Additions?" Magda inquired to [member="Vitor Imperieuse"] with a lofted brow, "what sort of additions?"

The doors opened to reveal a hangar full of ships. Ships, ships everywhere! Wow. Gabe would be in heaven, he loved ships. She glanced up at him before following Vitor out of the lift as the man lead the way.

[member="Gabriel Lethe"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Magdalena Lethe"] [member="Gabriel Lethe"]

"Well..." Soon the three of them would walk up to the GUIDE transport prototype. It's a simple enough design - microroughened fiberplast outside a cast duranium frame. Provides enough stealth and protection while helping to limit overall costs per unit. The transport also fits a 1.25:1 ratio matter-antimatter reactor, as we discussed. Windows are blast-tinted to prevent any shine from escaping them at range. Full communications suite, and some quieter features - thermal dissipator, full spectrum jamming system, gravitic modulator, and last but not least, a top of the line, in house-designed stygium cloaking device. Only way this ship'll be tracked is through engine residue, and by the time they figure that out, the transport will be long gone - and it's a non-issue if you use TibannaX."

Seemed useful enough.

"Ohhhh..." blue eyes wide and positively glowing, she took a few trotting steps past Vitor to get a good look at the ship, "oh Gabe. Gabe this is fantastic! Oh it's nothing like I imagined!" Of course Magda's experience around ships was fairly limited. She'd flown in plenty of them but she didn't really know ships. That wasn't the nature of her expertise.

Information. Lists. Notes. Coordination. Organization. And generalized exploration - that was her niche. This ship was perfect! She had her datapad out, scrolling through the list of applicable systems discussed at her previous meeting with Ms. Kuhn. Everything seemed to be in order up until the mention of Stygium.

"Stygium cloak?" a blink, a curious glance to Vitor, "That's a bit more than we bargained for. Won't that set the cost well over what we had initially charted?"

[member="Gabriel Lethe"] [member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"In most cases, yes. But I have a good deal of stygium that I've been looking to get rid of for a while now. Haven't exactly had a use for them, all things considered. Not to mention the extra level of protection should more than compensate for the hull being made of lighter material than the standard duranium or durasteel plates." He smiled, motioning towards the ship. "Go ahead, get on board and check it out. It's been system-tested and should be ready to go whenever you wish to head out."

[member="Vitor Imperieuse"] | [member="Magdalena Lethe"]

The excitement bubbling up in him as they entered the hangar bay was almost too much to bear. It was a giddy sense of pleasure to see the rows of fighters, experimental tech and above all their masterpiece all in one place - it made all of it so much more real. Most of the previous meetings had been dry exercises of patience, contract obligations and other 'stuff'.

This was a whole different league, though.

Gabriel listened quietly, while Magsy bubbled up with excitement. He stuck out his tongue at her, then became more serious as Vitor started to recount the capabilities of the stealth transport: a lot of them, but one thing was missing.

In no reality was he an expert on ships, but he had been around them a lot during a long stint with a notable shipwright company. The internship had been one of the most exciting things he had ever experienced.

"What about the inherent magnetism of the hull? Wouldn't specialized sensors still pick them up, unless you treat the hull against such measures?" Gabe blinked as he realized how technical he just got, a quick glance was shot at Maggy and he coughed.

"Or uh... so I hear." Shifty eyes followed.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Gabriel Lethe"] [member="Magdalena Lethe"]

"The hull itself is made out of fiberplast - a nonmagnetic material. Duranium is a nonmagnetic metal - in comparison to the durasteel commonly utilized for ship frames. It's also cheaper and easier to work with when cast and welded. Let me assure you that the frame has been examined for any flaws that could cause a cast section to lose structural integrity. There are none. We've refined this process over a period of years to allow for cheaper construction costs - and thus, lower costs per ship for buyers - while still providing a rigid spaceframe capable of surviving intense punishment." Motioning towards the door of the transport, Vitor opened it, allowing them access inside.

"Feel free to check out the interior. We've made sure it's functional, yet aesthetically pleasing."

Gabe received a hairy eye from his sister at that momentary lapse of his fabled intellect. Weirdo.

"So, a non-magnetic hull is what we've got here. That sounds useful." She quietly lamented the loss of applying personalized magnetic stick'ems to the hull.

"Oh flowerpots," the girl suddenly blurted and began clicking through her datapad for her notes section.

G U I D E mag-net-tic, Magda mouthed and smacked her lips as she cherry-picked the letters over the touch-screen-keyboard, stick-ums.

Yes. Duh.

She really was her father's daughter.

Oh. The door was open and she was being ushered in. "Oh!" she exclaimed gleefully and trotted inside with a bounce on her toes. The young CEO eagerly sought out every room of the ship, cheeks growing more red with excitement with every secret compartment she found. The discovery of the modular bunks was the last straw.

"Oh now this," Magda pressed at the button to lower the storage compartment, "is fantastic. Gabey, look at this! Ahaa!"

Needless to say the button got a good, old-fashioned breaking in. Several times.

[member="Vitor Imperieuse"] [member="Gabriel Lethe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom