Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Party.

Kiffu
Following the events of the evening prior
Kiskla woke on her own time, which was closer to ten in the morning, than it was to nine. The planet would be rising in a groggy state from the prior evening's events. Kiffar young and old, good and evil had drawn together in a time of conversation and history, exploring their heritage. They were traditionalists to the core.
Unfortunately, beyond their history, Kiskla wasn't a traditionalist. If she was, perhaps she wouldn't have been doing deals with a Sith when she was a High Councillor for The Jedi. Still, The Republic was a train that couldn't be stopped and she felt like it was going to derail it soon. If she wanted to keep it alive, she'd have to step up her game against those that threatened to oppose it; that meant expanding her horizons with what she armed herself with. Foraying into that, meant she could compromise her people if a link was made -- therefore she needed to conceal her identity while bolstering her prowess. As it was, opportunity had waltzed it's way (literally) into her sphere and she'd taken it by the hand. Unfortunately, it gripped her right back and now she had agreed to give a Sith insights into a powerful ability.

This idea haunted her as she rose and washed the course of the evening from her body. After the main event, a few of her ladies in..waiting I suppose you could call them? whisked her away and they'd drunk a little more than Kiskla often thought suitable. Oh well, at least she was waking up without a headach---oh. There it was.
She stepped from the refresher and drew her towel around her with The Force while rubbing her pulsating eyes, trying to ignore the throbbing rather than address it. Kiskla and alcohol didn't mix, no matter the little amount.

Her molecules quickly went to work, diluting what was interfering with her bloodstream and conflicting with her ability to function comfortably. A brief introduction of what was to come today for @[member="Valik"].

It didn't take long for the young woman to get into her casual attire and make her way from her quarters, through the courtyards, and to the designated facilities. Where The Guardians trained.
The sun was already high in the sky, and waves of heat radiated from the walkway that surrounded the perimeter of the training facilities. Kiskla squinted momentarily, lessening the intensity of her blue eyes against her darkly painted veil before slipping inside the stone dojo to meet her temporary guest.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
While Kiskla continued to attend the many bigwigs of Kiffu to maintain her duties and many others of her world drank and danced themselves to excess Valik stayed up , looked at his datapad, and drew up designs for armors and masks. He decided that in a show of good faith he wouldn't just give her a good disguise, but also a good defense and a weapon as well. A knuckle-plate vibroblade replaced with a Sith Sword. Sure, it put all of the force of a punch into a lethal stab, but it could also absorb Sith Lightning and throw it into it hit. Along with a mask and a decent set of armor she'd be golden.

After an hour or two of sketching he headed to bed, got himself a decent night's rest. He woke early, at least compared to everyone else around the royal establishment it seemed. Guessing he had some time he headed to his ship, cooked some eggs, and headed back to find 'where the guardians trained'. It was a simple enough place a dojo of stone. He waited patiently, leafing over his designs and making minor modification as he went along, until the woman of the hour finally arrived.

"Enjoy yourself I hope?"

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Did he, did he really hope she enjoyed herself? She couldn't tell, so she took it for face value as a more sardonic comment than anything. That's what she would have done if the shoes were on the other feet.
"Of course." She replied neutrally, her headache now having subsided due to her manipulation of her own mentality--something she usually employed on others. "And I hope you found your quarters comfortable." The door closed behind her and she glanced about the cavernous space. It was very open, and quite warm. The sun flooded the floor through various open cracks at the roof of the facility that served a purpose for both light and ventilation.

"You did miss out on a few Vos stories, though." Kiskla commented airily, lifting her hand to call a melee blade toward her. Gently, the tiny dagger drifted across the room until it settled in her palm, and she tapped it against her knuckles thoughtfully. She hadn't taught this before, she this was going to be an interesting exercise in her abrasive pedagogical methods. She had a habit of throwing Padawans into situations they had to claw their way out of; but for something of this mental capacity? It would have to be different.

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
By her diplomatic response he figured she was trying to be neutral in the matter, or perhaps was trying to hide something. A shame really, he hadn't meant anything by it, but he supposed he would have been cautionary in her position as well. In fact, he'd likely have had himself killed if he was in her position by now. Guess it was good they were wearing each other's shoes.

"They were exemplary, thank you." He said before she mentioned some Vos stories, and Valik couldn't help but smirk a bit as she summoned a small dagger to her hand, before rapping it onto her knuckles. She seemed thoughtful, perhaps contemplating the deal she had made, or perhaps thinking how best to teach, or even on the afore mentioned Vos stories. With the sheer possibilities he decided it best not to ponder on what she thought, she'd tell him, or not, in time.

"In the interest of . . . transparency." He finally settled on. "Vos is a psuedonym. My name is Warren Valik, though most know me simply as Valik, or not at all. You may call me as you wish, but I'd prefer not lie to possible business associates." He said, as he fumbled his fingers through the datapad. "At least not ones as valuable and keen as yourself." He said, before floating a datapad and placing it beside her. "Sketches and designs I toyed around with the night before. You can overlook at them at your pleasure." He said, before carefully looking over to her.

"So, what shall we do with the knife?"

She had suspected that @[member="Valik"] had been lying about his identity, the Vos were even more traditional that the Freya and no matter the child they were often proudly branded immediately.

"In the interest of transparency," Kiskla replied to his question, while letting the datapad slip onto stone slab between them. Her light eyes to glanced over the intricate doodles. From what she could see, they looked most detailed indeed, and he had certainly invested a fair amount of time into them. This would indeed be transactional. Lord Ashmedei had been correct; the Sith sought Knowledge. What did she seek? For a moment, it struck her. She'd never sought personal gain. Was that good or bad? "One of us is going to bleed." Him, to be precise. She'd already done this exercise.

She let that thought sink in before explaining herself. "What I did to you yesterday was a molecular level of interception. Some of the most easily detected molecules are in your blood. Your white and red cells intermingling -- as a scientist I assume you know the basic human fabrication, so I'll spare you the lesson that you could school me on."

They could have perhaps started with water, but there wasn't the right chemistry involved in that to achieve what she wanted, and what she believed would benefit him and herself most. If he could build things for her on a molecular level, that would be unreal. "The technique I used is called Art of the Small. It can be used to minimize your presence so intensely that you can actually modify molecules from their original forms." She paused. "Still interested?"

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik smiled as the word 'bleed' came out into the fold. This would be an interesting lesson indeed. She let him think for a moment before pressing the matter further, explaining that what she did to stop last night was a molecular level of manipulation. As she explained the correlation with blood he tuned her out slightly, imagining the possibility of exerting Sith Alchemy on a molecular level. There were simply so many applications of such an art. 'The sky's the limit' might have been a good metaphor for his crafting skills before, but with this? He could reach beyond the stars.

"Extremely." He said, before extending a hand. "Though I must say, this is probably the only time I'm excited a Jedi is going to be cutting me." He mused, figuring that he was likely the only Sith who'd want such a thing. Except for perhaps Anaya Fen, but she was a bit . . . diverse in her pleasures.

Kiskla's pouted lips tucked together in an amused simper at @[member="Valik"]'s aloud musings. "Are you familiar with concealing yourself within The Force?" The princess asked, needing to know a bit more about her unorthodox student.

"To begin, it's crucial you Focus on your existence within The Force, relative to myself. Imagine withdrawing yourself from its ebb and flow"

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik shrugged a bit at the woman's question. "I've never learned to conceal my presence." He said, before putting his hand down his collar and showing a simple Sith Amulet. "I build these and they do the job for me. Cutting corners I suppose, but I work to my strengths." He said, before taking off the necklace and gently tossing it to the woman . She'd feel him for what he was, not the strongest of men, but a Sith Lord in his own right. Best not learn something this important with a handicap, despite perceptions.

And so Valik closed his eyes and began to focus, trying to find the 'ebb and flow', and subsequently distance himself from it. It was odd to distance himself from his key resource, that which he'd relied on for so many years, but now it was necessary. After all, what better way to improve one's skills but working with less resources?

Her free hand lifted and caught the amulet mid-air. She turned it over in her hand curiously and speculated at it while @[member="Valik"] exposed his field of responsibility. "The Force is like a tangible fabric you can feel. You can also see the weaves that create it; focus on it's fabrication. On your own structure in comparison, and let yourself feel small amidst the expansive prowess of The Force itself." Her thumb ran over the course design while the man across from her focused on receding and withdrawing himself. While he did so, she closed the physical distance between them, wrapping the string of his necklace around her knuckles for temporary storage.

The blonde girl braced the back of his hand against her left palm, the bracer instantly reacting the the dark side activity within him; but she suffocated it. Then, she took the blade's edge and pressed it against his flesh, just enough to puncture the surface and draw forth a small spurt of crimson liquid. Because of the planets naturally hot atmosphere, it ran fluidly and rose quickly; thinner than usual.

"Feel yourself relative to your wound. The cells that are within it-- try and reach their level of small." Kiskla's tone was soft, almost whispering which added to the emphasis of how delicate this art was. She was a Jedi through and through, and that's why she harboured little animosity to this particular Sith. He was a practicer of The Arts, yes, but it had been by coincidence and happenstance he'd been born into The Empire. To her, The Fringe wasn't a darkness; it was a dwelling refuge for those that couldn't exactly run and hide amidst the vagrant fleet or.. Whatever Rosa and Seroth called themselves.

With a twirl of her fingers, the blade was facing away from him and wiped clean on her dark pant thigh.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
The description of the Force as a fabric was one that Valik could appreciate. Unlike many of the Jedi who believed the Force was some sort of all encompassing spirit Valik believed it to be a tool, an object to be bent, shaped, used by those with the strength to do so. Recognizing it's 'prowess' however was more difficult for Valik, seeming no different than recognizing the power of durasteel. He continued to try to distance himself from it, to feel it encompassing him, as if being in a mine full of gold.

Valik winced as he felt a slight cut on his hand but otherwise his concentration was undisturbed, save for modifying his form from the Jedi's soft words. While seeing the Force as anything but a tool was difficult for him, concentrating on the blood was a far simpler matter. Between the numerous tests he'd done on various species, the analysis of his own body and blood, distancing himself from it, examining it on a cellular level was secondhand for him. It only that this time he was the microscope.

Trying his best he attempted to focus on one red cell of blood, and separate it from the others telekinetically, hold it independent of the others.

Whatever Valik was doing, Kiskla could feel his aura receding. It wasn't perfect, more like an interrupted holonet reception, but it was enough for this example. To be completely honest, he was a Sith. And this was a very dangerous power; one that could be used against her one day. She was probably one of the Galaxy's only users to actively use Art of the Small for something apart from healing. Her mind drifted for a moment, on the subject of trust. Something she often felt couldn't be given; even to her students. Nobody had told her how to be a teacher, but here she was with Padawan after Padawan in her lap. Would her pedagogical methods be enough to keep them from falling? Antares Marclonus' had been enough for her. But she was no Knight Marclonus. With a shake, she re-focused on the situation at hand (ha ha) and let her gaze absorb the happenings to the blood on his wound. It was quivering.

The quiver wasn't a result of any sort of breeze, no, it was by some extension that @[member="Valik"] was projecting. With a slight inhale, Kiskla essentially swallowed her presence and reduced it to a microscopic level. It was a seamless transition for her, she was a master of this art. There was a small darkness not far from her, which she assumed was Warren's focus. She'd call him Warren, because that was the first honest thing he'd said to her.

Down on this level, she could see what he was doing. "Focus on that." She instructed, seeing his cell of choice. Her voice sounded as if it were backed by something cybernetic, as it was a celestial projection. "See if you can change the structure from blood to.." she paused "Water." She was trying to use words she figured a scientist could appreciate -- associatiing most of them with tangible instructions. "Use the molecules for the structures that they are. Seperate them further, dissect them until you can see each cell's erythrocytes that make up it's composition." She took in a breath "Art of the Small is the reconstruction. So, see if you can rearrange the molecules to water." Most likely, it would be a reddish liquid he produced, if anything at all. Art of the Small was not something you could learn in a single sitting.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik continued to hold the lone red blood cell, perceiving it and taking hold. He could hear the static filled, almost spectral voice of Kiskla Grayson prodding him on to take the blood and change it to water. He suspected he could have made the change with Sith Alchemy, but he didn't want to cheat, he wanted to learn. So he listened to woman's instructions, slicing the molecules and attempting to reshape them, reshape their purpose, make the blood into water. He could feel that he was getting somewhere, he could visualize the cell changing. A small grin formed as his lips curled before it promptly left his face, as he lost sight of the cell, his progress, what was happening. Though he couldn't see or feel it at such a size he was fairly sure the blood had dropped, returning to his hand.

"Where did I lose it?" He asked softly, not yet trying the process over. After all it was useless to make a second attempt without understanding why the first failed him.

Kiskla frowned at @[member="Valik"]'s almost disheartened tone. Sith or not, he was her temporary student and no learner could succeed with inadequate teaching. Carn Dista told her she did too much, too fast. This was perhaps, one of those times.
Her mind recalled her own initial foray into this act of telekinesis at the hands of her late Master, who had taught her the technique so she could conceal her Quukufs when systems beyond Azurbani. "You have to sense The Force to a degree that takes time within yourself." Kiskla replied, blinking herself back to size. She took a step backward and gestured to the sprawling stone floor, initiating the action of comfort and folding her long legs to sit.
"I might have introduced you too quickly, and I apologize for that. Make yourself comfortable." Once he did, she continued her informative drawl. She reached out to his hand, the one she had punctured, and brushed her thumb over the wound. "Instead of acting first, you should observe. Feel how your skin cells are changing from charred and damaged from the blade's strike, to soft and malleable." While she spoke, she worked. When he had taken off his amulet, she had seen that he wasn't as strong in The Force as herself, so she would try to work with the physical to teach as long as she could. But eventually, they were going to have to address signatures. "I'm changing the structures of the cells, altering them from dead back to life. This is the most common use of Art of the Small today, healers are mostly the ones that have embraced it."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik would have preferred to simply keep going, attempt it again himself, but the Jedi taught in different ways than the Sith. Best respect that, at least for now. Thus he observed, trying to maintain the withdrawn state in the Force. Not attempting to try the exercise again, but merely to gain a better perspective on what was happening, to feel his skin cells change from one state to another. She informed him of what she was going to do and part of him almost wanted to scowl. This talent was far too great to be wasted to confines of healing. He'd not make that mistake.

"I'm ready then." He said, communicating that he was focused on his task, though inactive as that may have been. "Show me how it's done."

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"].

"Cool." Kiskla said simply, and perhaps somewhat out of character. There was a clear disinterest in her switch of teaching, and she decided to embrace the fact that he wanted to restart rather than re-learn.

She withdrew her presence to microscopic level once more, and joined him where he had been where he lost sight. "Based on everything I've told you, it's imperative you maintain your focus. It's difficult to divide your attention." While she spoke, she worked with the erythrocytes as she had instructed him to do just moments before. Her signature gnawed at them, folding and reshaping their very structure and bending them to her will while he observed.

Eventually, it changed. It was no longer the same construct that it had been. On their level, it was a completely different structure; it's chemistry altered. On the physical level, Warren now had water running down the tiny gap on his hand, rather than blood.

"Try again."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Her response seemed a bit annoyed. Perhaps he'd not been subtle enough in his preferences. Regardless, he observed her motions, as she turned and twisted the enthrocytes, forcing them into the forms she desired with little sign of exertion or tiring. It was most impressive. If things were different she'd have likely made a good alchemist, but alas, the Kiffar Princess had been raised as a Jedi rather than a Sith. A shame, but she'd play her part regardless. When one was as powerful as she, or even as he, it was impossible not to make waves in the Force, to influence a being toward or against one's goals.

"Try again." She said, and Valik nodded in kind. Though his hand was now covered in water rather than blood he was bleeding, if only slightly, and thus the coming blood became the target of his focus once again. As he had observed he attempted to see the blood, to fold it, reshape it, until he bent it into the structure he wished to be through sheer willpower. He was not sure if it would work, but he felt with the knowledge of his previous try as well as observing Kiskla's effort he'd be a step closer to success. Hopefully anyways.

The process was more rapid than her first master had warned, but then again she too had caught on quickly. For @[member="Valik"] to understand the process, and manipulate it to his will was expected considering he was masterful with creation and changing from one thing to another. Kiskla relaxed for a moment, and allowed him to have sway over the rest of the lesson by exploring the technique at his leisure.

“Tell me when you’re comfortable with the base.” Kiskla said simply — from his knowledge, he could translate that to something more useful for himself. And her too, perhaps when creating.

“We’ll move on to something a little more robust.”

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Kiskla relaxed for a moment as Valik had successfully turned the blood to water. It was a strenuous process, especially with a technique he didn't have training in before today, but his knowledge of chemistry and experience with Sith Alchemy had seemingly made it a bit easier for him, allowing him a more natural transition to understanding what exactly he was doing. In any case Kiskla told him to tell her when he was ready to move on, which meant practice was in his court until he felt he needed more instruction. Grinning a bit at the thought he knew exactly was he was going to do with this newfound freedom.

Concentrating he diverted his focus away from the blood on his hand, and unto Kiskla's pants. An irresponsible and more emotionally focused man might have tried to unbutton a few things or make a tear here or there to try and reveal something immodest, but that was not Valik's intention or focus. His focus was still on blood, his blood, specifically the blood she wiped on her thigh. Valik above all was a careful man, and did not enjoy leaving unaltered blood samples. Thus he again worked on changing blood to water, and remove any traces he might leave.

Kiskla's brow quirked at the microscopic quiver at a new location than the origin. He was a quick learner indeed, and resourceful. This would certainly be a revolutionary knowledge for the alchemist; one that she hoped she could leverage in time. If not well, there was no harm in making things interesting.

What had been a thick liquid against her dark fabrics soon altered, and began to soak more rapidly against the dryness of the atmosphere. Her hands moved to touch the spot, and she pressed her fingers against the black weave to touch whichever liquid he had created. When her palm faced her to check her fingers, there was no red stain against her lightly tanned skin. Despite her listless expression, she was impressed at his rapid ascension with the ancient technique.

"Change it further." Water could take many forms.

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Kiskla found the origin of his movements soon enough, bringing her hands to the patch of her pants formerly covered in blood. She brought the now-water up to her face and examined it. To her credit she remained expressionless, not impressed or disappointed with his speed, least as far as he could tell.

She told him to alter the water once again, to change it further. He gave a slight nod in recognition of her instruction and began to focus again on the water at her finger tips. He had already proven that he could alter the chemical makeup of an object, and he'd wager he could figure out changing the water to this or that substance independently with practice.

Thus he decided not to change the water, merely it's state, from a solid to a gas. Normally such a reaction was caused by manipulating heat, or pressure, but what was heat really? All heat was was a measure of how fast an object moved, it's kinetic energy. Therefore he attempted to change the water in the simplest way he figured possible, by rapidly vibrating the particles. Figuring causing such vibration might have burned the finger tips of the Jedi Master he attempted to work only on the upper portion of the water, hopefully sparing her minor pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom