Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Omega Event

In my opinion allying with the Mandalorians (if they would have us) would escalate the current situation, and leave us open to be dragged into any wars that would happen on the GA-Mando front. Indeed the Mandos may not be so keen on the prospect of being dragged into any wars that happen on the FO-GA front.

If the GA actually went for us, I am confident we could fend them off.

Though I must say it is tempting to place the GA on a war on two fronts, with the Mandos attacking from one side and the FO from the other, with multiple invasions at the same time for them to defend. This is something to keep in mind for the future I would say, once the First Order has expanded and grown more. Indeed a formal alliance would not be necessary, a GA-Mando war would be enough to launch a simultaneous attack. But I would say that is in the far future, and as of now the FO should remain cautious, and without provocation other 'good' factions have no IC leg to stand on.

[member="Wolf"] I'd think initial expansion of our membership and resources would serve us better than simply going straight for the GA's throat - with them being hassled by the Mando, we could easily risk being dragged into a war we're not inclined towards. Plenty of worlds for us to take without having to go after the GA - and, when we finally do, they'll be in a weaker position, while we'll be in a far stronger one.

Let them make the first move. It would be their last.

Asharad Graush said:
Sure for the Knight of Ren to possess, but for the rest of the Faction? Not really. Still don't really know why the First Order would idolize Palpatine and Vader, especially the latter for that case.

With the new 'canon' books being released, Jakku was where the Galactic Empire was officially rolled and forced to sign the Galactic Concordance before the First Order slowly began to grow in the Unknown Regions.
I'd beg to differ, for the Ren it would be a religious site that it wouldn't for the rest of the faction but it's still very important. You don't know why a faction which literally believes itself to be the sucessor of Palpatine's Empire would idiolise Palpatine? Sure different people in the faction may have different views on the man but ultimately we should all appreciate the by-proxy founder of our faction to some extent. As for Vader, his last second redemption didn't put a damper on Kylo Ren's love for the man so it stands to reason that they'd be plenty within our faction who'd admire him. Besides, who's to say that Rebel propaganda about one of the Empire's greatest heroes backstabbing his master is true and that evil Luke Skywalker didn't murder our Emperor and his own father in cold blood? ;)

As for Jakku, technically true that was the Empire's last stand but dismissing Endor because of it? Nope. Endor is where it all went wrong for the Empire. That would be like dismissing the Battle of Stalingrad or the Normandy landings as not that important for Germany's defeat in WWII because they didn't surrender after them. Except worse because at least the fuhrer and great number of German leadership weren't KIA in either of those :p

Avicus DuSang

The Patron Saint of Heartache
Thing is, we're nearly single handedly bringing down the Omega not-so-superweapon. That paints a big target on our back.

GA could attempt to secure an alliance with the Mandos so they have backup for when our borders start crossing. The map update clearly shows GA creeping around us.

Druchi

I suggested this in the skype chat but perhaps an entente with the Mandos? Perhaps a defensive pact where if either side is attacked by another we would defend them. But they could still wage wars of aggression and we wouldn't get sucked into it. But from the reading of the Omega threads and the map it does seem like war with them isn't far off.

Though I mean we have to go to war with them at some point. So may as well make it a gigantic galactic war.

[member="Wolf"] it's at least worth skimming through, the co-ordination and tactics of the First Order fleet is very impressive. There are plenty of other individual good writers in the other factions taking part but the none with the cohesion our boys and girls are showing with each other

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
I propose a series of military agreements with the Commonwealth. They're a faction much like us, in terms of being human dominated, and a highly militarised society and government. While they may sit in the ways of further expansion, I don't think that's a bad thing. In fact, I think that they could be a nice force of competent writers and allies to call upon should GA or some other threat attack us. Though, simultaneously they may be a threat. That being said, their humanitarian assistance is something reassuring. They're willing to put aside differences to help their fellow Galactic denizens. We should use that good will to build a diplomatic bridge on, and by extension an alliance.

Progflaw99

Here's how I see it.

After their honorable actions despite being on opposite ends of the spectrum, perhaps it would be best to take it slow with them. I think them aiding us in recovering survivors has earned them at least a cursory glance. I would suggest rather than diving into a military agreement or accord that we instead use this as an opportunity to at least open a talking relationship with the commonwealth. I can almost guarantee you that they aren't going to go for a straight out alliance but instead develop a non-aggression pact, for a limited duration perhaps. If they were honorable enough to assist us in rescuing First Order personnel, I think we should at least use this to start a conversation.

No alliance, no military accords, but perhaps a non-aggression pact with an eye towards developing an embassy. I don't see any harm in doing that much. I would be willing, being the commissioner of New Advora (Which is arguably one of our closer planets/ city centers to the Commonwealth), to attempt at least opening a conversation with them on the diplomatic side. Again, no alliance, no accord but just opening a dialogue. And as per usual, nothing without the Grand Moff's approval.

Just my two cents!

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I imagine they're chatting with everyone nearby. I don't think they have any designs towards hostile interactions with other factions at the moment.

At any rate given the show of goodwill in the fleeting thread I'd think some sort of cooperative pact would be a good thing.

To put this in a gaming perspective of sorts, we're both collectivist-militarist factions, so there's ideological points in our favor as well.

This sort of discussion (and the one about which planets to take) is also the sort that might be interesting to do as an IC thread. Give characters a chance to butt heads and influence policy and such.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Cyrus Tregessar said:
I imagine they're chatting with everyone nearby. I don't think they have any designs towards hostile interactions with other factions at the moment.

At any rate given the show of goodwill in the fleeting thread I'd think some sort of cooperative pact would be a good thing.

To put this in a gaming perspective of sorts, we're both collectivist-militarist factions, so there's ideological points in our favor as well.
Aye, certainly worth a diplomatic visit.

At the same time, it's worth remembering the Commonwealth helped us because it was 'the right thing to do'. People who follow 'the right thing to do' philosophy are very unlikely to want to help us invade peaceful planets, ship slave labour and crush democratic regimes. Co-operation is certainly on the table, they've earned that much, but expecting them to come to our aid against light sided factions like the GA is asking a bit much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom