Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Omega Event

Visser Chernykh

No one makes the hero bleed.
Now that the One Sith are gone, I'm willing to bet money on our friends in the Galactic Alliance turning on us. So what are we going to do?

We obviously don't have many friends unless we can forge a temporary alliance with the Mandalorians. Or perhaps we can buy the Crusaders to be an irritant.

Beyond that, are we going to Tier 3 anything soon? Or even Tier 2?

We aren't necessarily the big bads at this point. But we should definitely consider what our foreign affairs are going to look like once the event is done.

We'll always be in opposition of the Silvers, but they are most likely going to be content staying within their borders unless called upon or threatened. And since they're so far away, the only reason we would conflict is if they came to the aid of the GA.

The GA could potentially be a threat, but they aren't necessarily on good terms with the Mandos either. If anyone could figure out that information (ICly of course), that would be very valuable. There's been no recent hostility between the GA and the First Order so there's no reason to assume that they will simply turn around and roflstomp us without provocation.

The Mandos are also on the other side of the galaxy from us. As far as I know, we've had very limited IC interactions, if any at all. But the rate which they've been expanding is cause to wonder what their stance on the GA is. If we form any sort of alliance, it would certainly incite the GA into some form of action.

And then there's the Kathol Outback. Which is also currently a big question mark. We talked about having some diplomatic discussions with them at one point but I'm not sure if anything came out of that. They're a ragtag bunch of misfits and in philosophy the complete opposite of us. But that doesn't make them outwardly hostile.

I think that diplomatic mission to any of the higher ups of all of these factions would be a worthwhile endeavor.

At this point I'd even say the Mandos are resembling the bad guys of the map game more than us right now. They can claim to be neutral all they like but their rapid expansion and willingness to attack lightsided factions for the sake of glory in war would have me a lot more worried about them than the First Order if I were the GA or Silver Jedi.
I think there are many in the GA who just want something more laid back now the One Sith are gone. Turning on us right away won't be an easy task, we have enough numbers of skilled writers these days to put up a strong fight.

Yes, the Galactic Alliance has always been against us - so that would be nothing new.

And as [member="Samka Derith"] has said, since we now have a relatively deep bench to pull from, simply rolling over us would be no easy task. The GA know this.

As for our next Dominions on the table... first I would like to see us finish up Quintas. We need to get that out of the way just to shore up our position on the map. Then we will immediately spread upwards towards Endor and Bakura. Probably a T2 for Xal and one other planet in that hex, followed by a potential T3 of the entire Endor hex, now that the Black Empire is no longer in business.

Zenoma Sekot would also be a potentially useful world: a biological planet capable of crafting bio-technological ships. It's also in striking distance of Cerea and Chalcedon. Could be an interesting target for a Dominion.

[member="Elensa Jari"] That is actually a good idea. Perhaps on the way to the Endor hex we could T2 Zonama Sekot and maybe Cerea instead. Since the Xal 3/Trenwyth hex doesn't really have too much going for it, it's more of just a stepping stone to our goal of the Endor hex.

Tanomas Graf

T
Elensa Jari said:
Out of sheer curiousity, why Endor? Aside from teddy bears and remnants of Death Star hull fragments, what is there worthy of our time?
Endor is a site of the Empire's downfall, we will turn it into the Order's ascension.

Endor is more of a religious site than a practical one. The place of Palpatine's demise would be worshipped by the Ren, perhaps less practical, but certainly morally valuable for us to conquer. More importantly, Bakura is there, which is well known for being an old Imperial world with technological prowess. Panatha, too, is the homeworld of the Epicanthix, a highly sought after species to Force Sensitives.

Endor is a place of great cultural significance to us. We model ourselves off of Palpatine's Empire, soon we shall possess the place where his Empire died. The graves of Palpatine and Vader, literally in Vader's case, would be under our control.

OOC possessing planets that are in the films gives a lot of prestige and a developed and fun area to RP with. There's a reason Bespin and Hoth are among the most frequently used planets in First Order space.

We shot at the Mandalorian field marshal during the Omega pvp thread, if we capture him we could send him back to Mandalore with a delegation and an apology, then inform them that Galactic Alliance troops told us rogue sith were approaching our firezone in a blatant attempt to have us shoot him by mistake.

Could give us a good starting point in negotiations if the Mandalorians think the Galactic Alliance tried to trick us into assassinating one of their top ranking officers.

Samka Derith said:
Endor is a place of great cultural significance to us. We model ourselves off of Palpatine's Empire, soon we shall possess the place where his Empire died. The graves of Palpatine and Vader, literally in Vader's case, would be under our control.
Sure for the Knight of Ren to possess, but for the rest of the Faction? Not really. Still don't really know why the First Order would idolize Palpatine and Vader, especially the latter for that case.

With the new 'canon' books being released, Jakku was where the Galactic Empire was officially rolled and forced to sign the Galactic Concordance before the First Order slowly began to grow in the Unknown Regions.

CT-47B said:
We shot at the Mandalorian field marshal during the Omega pvp thread, if we capture him we could send him back to Mandalore with a delegation and an apology, then inform them that Galactic Alliance troops told us rogue sith were approaching our firezone in a blatant attempt to have us shoot him by mistake.

Could give us a good starting point in negotiations if the Mandalorians think the Galactic Alliance tried to trick us into assassinating one of their top ranking officers.
They'd want proof.

I agree. If recent events surrounding the former Supreme Commander's demise and the attack on Kleve are telling of our future, we will need a sturdy ally. The Mandolorians are our best option.

Avicus DuSang

The Patron Saint of Heartache
Jude Falkrowe said:
Can't we go without allying ? I mean if the Mandos do stage an attack on the GA, do we really need to be allied with them to attack the GA ?
An allied front sends a strong message to the remaining factions out there.

It doesn't have to be permanent. Simply until we've all grown tired from waging war.

It also doesn't have to mean that we rush to their aid or vice versa should war come to our borders. It could simply signify a consequence for starting conflict with either one.

For instace: knowing that the Mandos are pressing on one border, would the GA spend much effort trying to defend one of their allies? Or would they instead focus on their own problems?

I would advise to continue what we have always been doing, a fierce neutral/isolationist foreign affairs policy. I highly doubt the GA would attack us, completely invading and dismantling the OS is no easy task, and although this is just speculation, I am sure they would not want to try and do that all over against with us, who are recharged and fresh since our last active conflict with them, whilst they are not. (I do know we are still at odds with the GA)

Now the TKO, as said earlier, is completely different with us and therefore prone to hostilities. But even so, letting them make the first move wouldn't be all too bad as I believe we could handle them.

I think making an alliance with the Mandos, even just for show, would be overkill as it could be seen as a formidable threat enough that the lightsided factions would do the same, and then we'd be in a larger conflict which we already didn't want with someone we have to help that we don't want to.

Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom