Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Aetharians

Status
Not open for further replies.
BloodElvesSots.jpg

Image Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf

Name: Aetharians
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Aether
Language: Aetharian
Average height of adults: 1.8~2 metres
Skin color: Pale Caucasian to Tan Caucasioan
Hair color: Blonde variants, Red Variants, and very rarely black.
Breathes: 1, 2 for a short while
Strengths: Long Life Spans (700 years average), Very adept at alchemy and conjuration and illusion, In touch with nature (natural affinity with flora and fauna, etc have somewhat of a way to connection to animals), increased stamina. Paladins are very strong physical fighters (swords and hands), Priests are very strong magical fighters (force and witchcraft), advanced regeneration (small cuts and such), enhanced hearing, High rate of force users.
Weaknesses: Physically frail, Poor low-light vision, slow to breed (often one or two children, max 4 but this is very rare,), sensitive hearing, extremely vulnerable to intoxication.
Distinctions: Glowing green or blue eyes.
Average Lifespan: 700
Races: All are alike after the purge of Queen Vara's father when he destroyed all the other kingdom's.
Estimated Population: 20 Billion (15 on Aethar, 5 elsewhere)
Diet: Can eat most organic foods such as animals, although many take vows to only eat vegetarian meals. Unused to taking any form of pill or medication which can cause them to gag if they are one of the lower Aetharians in the Hierarchy, low tolerance for alcohol or drugs.
Communication: Phonetic speech
Culture: Modernized Witchcraft. (Alderaan meets a nicer Dathomir)
Technology level: Modern
General behavior: Caring, Green Thumb, Magical, but younger members (<200) are also somewhat immature. Many of the higher class members are very snobbish, especially if they are Priests who have excelled academically. The local patron is very kind, often letting travellers stay in there homes and feeding them, but they are also somewhat on the less educated side. Most elves are also very anti-slavery going so far as to react violently if they see a slave being unnecessarily beaten by his/her master. All members of the Inner Council are very experienced and know how to handle themselves. paladins will help most people they come across, and are very gentle and kind people. Most elves are also very Xenophobic towards the less human looking races such as Twi'leks or even Chiss. Paladins and Priests both have great respect for anyone who is as strong as them in their respective fields, such as the Paladins train with Mandalorians or Echani on rare occasions.
History: [SIZE=12.222222328186px]Aetharians are a very magical people with magic users being common in most families, although adept force users are very uncommon to the planet, there have been a number of cases. The planet was unified under Queen Vara's Father's rule when he crushed the other royalties by complete execution. Her father was a brutal man who forced the planet's religions all to focus on him as a God as he was the most dominant force user. Eventually her father fell to the lure of the dark side from being worshipped as an Idol and attempted to ascend his human body, but the ceremony failed and he was destroyed. This happened the same night his daughter and only issue, Vara, was born and his legacy passed to her believing that she was him reincarnated into the perfect being, who was now Vara.[/SIZE]
Notable Player-Characters (NPC's):
[SIZE=12.222222328186px]Vara Moonkeeper (Matriarch and viewed as the embodiment of God)[/SIZE]
Fantasy%20Blood%20Elf%20Queen.jpg

Theron Sunstrider (Lord Protector and Designated Regent)
blood-elf-paladin-WOW.jpg

Loren Thar'zal (High Magician and Almoner)
World-of-Warcraft-Blood-Elf.jpg

Intent: My favourite race from the entirety of WoW is the Blood Elves, mostly for their look, that is why I made this race. I also made a lighter side of Witchcraft, but it is still essentially the same. I wanted to create a fully formed Monarch Species that I could roleplay as some of the leaders and also I want to see how this planet evolves and how it expands throughout the universe.

*For more complex history and culture visit the planet Aether

[member="Lucifer Erebus"]
OK, so now for the species.

Many of the things I said in the planet sub apply here so I will just summarise when needed.

• Magic; what is magic to you over the Force? As someone who writes a custom elf race, they might view it as akin to magic, but it’s still the Force. The same will be true here. Magic is just an aspect of the Force, the two can’t be separated, so you cannot be good at one and poor at the other.
  • Strengths; see note above regarding magic. Give me more details on this items. Why is being in touch with nature a strength, and how does it manifest? Same with increased stamina.
  • Weaknesses; you have three weaknesses here and none of them are actually weaknesses. See my note about magic/Force too. Why are they weaker at night? By physically imposing are you saying they just look weak or they are weak? Expand these weaknesses with ones such as ‘slow to breed’, ‘physically weak’ etc.
  • Diet; go into more detail here please.
  • General behaviour; expand this greatly. I want to be able to get a sense of this race just by reading this.
  • History; as with the planet, expand this greatly.
  • Spoiler the image and provide credits for them.

Overall, I get what you’re trying to do, but it needs more work. A total stranger needs to be able to look at this submission and get an idea of what they’re like. Don’t hold back, impress me with your creative abilities. More is better here. Don’t give me blood elves with a new name, give me something new.

Lucifer Erebus said:
gag if they are one of the weaker
Weaker...what?

Overall, this is looking better.

What I want you to do is decide which submission is handling culture and history, and link that one from the other.

When the history is complete I will again go over this a second time. There will be more edits, but we’re going in the right direction.

OK, thanks for your patience in this regard, and the effort you've put into editing this.

I think the species is almost ready, but I would like some more detail put into the strengths and weaknesses, specifically the 'weaker at night' entry. Please explain why this is the case.

@mention me when ready.

Getting there. The problem is, the first weakness is pretty much true of humans too. "Weak at fighting unless a trained soldier" isn't so much a weakness. Likewise with the telekinetic bit, since PCs are inherently special, it's not really a weakness.

I would choose to go for the traditional elf weakness of being physically frail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom