Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Aethar

Status
Not open for further replies.
287065.jpg
Images Source: http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=287065

Name: Aethar

Region: Mid Rim
System: Aethar System
Suns: Aetharis
Orbital Position: Habital Zone
Moons: Two moons (Thalas and Darnas)
System Features: Normal planet with two moons, terrestrial, a very special event that occurs once every while called the Aetharealis (looks like the our Auroras except on a much grander scale). (Earth-like)
Coordinates: Located near Asahi
Rotational Period: 38 hours (Mostly sun-up)
Orbital Period: 315 days

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 13,542 Km
Atmosphere: 1
Climate: Temperat
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Mountains, Plains, Cities, Forests, Swamps, etc.

Native Species: Most average Earth-Like species, and Aetharians
Immigrated Species: None
Primary Languages: Aetharian.
Government: Hereditary Monarchy, absolute although Vara oftenly passes off her responsibilities to her council (Theron and Loren and others). Put in power of the world after Vara's father used the last Aetharealis to destroy the other kings and queens.
Population: 15 Billion
Demonym: Aetharians
Major Imports: Technology and fuel.
Major Exports: Water, Spice, Minerals.
Affiliation: Aethar Witchcraft

Major Locations: The Silver Crescent Castle (Royalty live here), Kael'Dorama (City outside of the castle), El'Tharis (Secondary Major City), The Quelthras Maelstrom, The Hearthas Desert.
Culture: The culture on Aethar is based on a balance between their practices and nature. The Aetharians are very caring people as shown through thei connection to nature, allowing it to grow throughout their cities (somewhat like Republic city in Avatar Legend of Korra, but to a lesser extent). The Aetharians are also very religious and magical people, they believe that the Aetharealis became one with Vara when he destroyed himself to become on with magic. This is why they also believe that Vara is the centre of all their magics, even though she is not. They freely feed and allow the local flora and fauna to spread throughout their lands and houses, but never enough to be overrun by it. When the Aetharealis forms it is a massive time of magic enhancement, these are once a life time opportunities that allow master witches to try to create new magics, often failing. There are two different main branches in Aetharian culture if one proves themselves valuable to the royalty, the way of the Paladin and the way of the Priest. The Way of The Paladin is when a Aetharian decides to become a warrior in service to the queen, they give up there magic practices in order to focus on making the body and spirit one, allowing their body to be literally owned by their queen, focusing on martial training, these people are the main standing army of Aethar. The Way of The Priest is when one gives up all wordly possessions to chase a mastery of their magic, giving themselves up to the queen and the Aetharealis, these people excel at magic, and although a significantly small faction, they are a huge power in the Aethar army. The average Aetharian citizen often becomes a social worker or a scientist as science, religion, and magic are one.

The Aetharians use of instruments is limited to simple string and wind instruments such as the flute and lyre. The average Aetharian has a dislike of percussion as the loud noises are quite incessant to their rather quiet way of life. In terms of art the Aetharians have a rather small collection of abstract and portait arts, the latter being restricted to only high ranking individuals. Artists are uncommon among the Aetharian culture as most tend to either choose one of the two paths, or become social workers and merchants. The most well known and also demonized pieces of art was the "Purge of Aethar" which controversially depicted Queen Vara's father as a demon, who brutally massacred the other villages in horrific ways. The creator of the art Victor In'skara was reportedly killed alongside his painting as announced by Loren. In terms of food, the Aetharians are not unaccustomed to eating meat, but are more so on the vegetarian side, eating mostly vegetables and fruits.
Technology: Before being discovered by the more modern galaxy Aethar was more of a medieval-fantasy style area, only barely obtaining the ability to fly and this was only using some of the local fauna. When they were discovered under the rule of Vara's father by the Sith he was corrupted by them and began to use Sith technologies, somewhat adapting his planet, but the main modernization of the planet happened after his death, when Aethar was opened to more public people, such as the Republic. They quickly advanced, learning how to operate the technologies they were gifted by other planets and factions trying to goad them into folding under them. Although Aethar is still independant it is still relatively new to technology, but is quickly adapting. Most of it's technology is imported as they are not yet capable of creating many of their own stuff, aside from a few ships that Loren Thar'zal made, as he was the fastest to understand the technology.
History: Aethar is a very magical planet with magic users being common in most families, although adept force users are very uncommon to the planet, there have been a number of cases. The planet was unified under Queen Vara's Father's rule when he crushed the other royalties by complete execution. Her father was a brutal man who forced the planet's religions all to focus on him as a God as he was the most dominant force user. Eventually her father fell to the lure of the dark side from being worshipped as an Idol and attempted to ascend his human body, but the ceremony failed and he was destroyed. This happened the same night his daughter and only issue, Vara, was born and his legacy passed to her believing that she was him reincarnated into the perfect being, who was now Vara.

Extended History: The earliest written articles of history on Aethar were from Nomads of varying races dating back millenia, but all sharing the same common ancestor. Eventually these Nomads would form 5 different kingdoms over the many thousand years , whose names have been wiped from history, with only the oldest members of Aether remembering their names, but on the order of their old god are unable to say. Their old god was the current queen's father, Lord Asrith, a man of incredible power and hatred, who ruled through crushing the free will of his subjects and destroying all who opposed him. Lord Asrith was an ambitious man who sought to gain what the other kingdoms had and eventually he started the most horrific conquest known to the planet. Aethar was discovered by the rest of the galaxy around this time, by sith, who educated and corrupted the king , teaching him to gain power through conquest. Asrith's most prized knowledge was the Sith code, it spoke to him in ways it spoke to no one else, he knew that this was the way to gain power and save his people. Asrith then began The Great Aetharian Purge.

The first kingdom he conquered Asrith thought he could control and force them to worship him and to adapt, but these people were strong and loyal. That all changed when he ordered the purge of the second kingdom, he killed all of the citizens, the royalty and even his wife's father, the current king, leaving only Vara's mother to be the survivor of the race. These people are remembered by some of the black hair that was originally theres, but through some breeding became an accepted, but rare characteristic of the Aetharians and it became praised after Queen Vara was born with black hair, burying the tragedy of what happened to the original race. After seeing how well the purge worked, he killed the rest of the first kingdom. He destroyed the last two kingdoms utterly, with the assistance of his masters creating dark side maelstroms, leaving the third kingdom as a terrible and vast desert from unknown causes. The fourth kingdom was ravaged by magical storms that continue today and it is known as the Quethras Maelstrom. After the Purge, when the other races were destroyed, Asrith truly believed himself a god.

Asrith finally met his end when he tried to take the power of the Aetharealis in a ceremony, whose subject is only known to one living Aetharian Loren who led the ritual. The ritual was horrific with many of the priests being turned into Sithspawn before they were completely destroyed, eventually leaving only Loren and the king. Loren was the only one to see what happened and by his account, the king was a glowing vision of who he was meant to be, then with a great scream, he dissolved into a skeletal form and then completely dis[SIZE=12.222222328186px]appeared. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.222222328186px]The day after Asrith's death his daughter and only issue, Queen Vara Moonkeeper was born, many including Loren believed her to be the completed form of their god and that when Asrith disappeared he was reborn as this little girl. During the rule of Queen Vara the land would become less cruel and the people would be free from the tyranny of the old king, praising Vara for her virtue. Vara also led Aethar into the modern age, implementing technology from the rest of the galaxy and opening their borders to everyone. Vara would lead Aethar into a golden age.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.222222328186px]Discovery by the Galaxy:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12.222222328186px]Aethar was first discovered by a pair of Sith who landed on the planet about 600 years ago when they landed on the planet in the forest of the first kingdom, which was ruled by Vara's father who was a cruel man. They saw much potential in him, and using their Sith powers, ultimately corrupted the king's mind and poisoned his thoughts. After they had taught the king the way of the Sith, they gave him their ship and a lightsaber pike to show to the populace of what he could do with his new powers, convincing them of his godliness. The first time that the existence of aliens was made aware to the Aetharians was when the Sith masters tried to retrieve their army to conquer Aethar after their pawn, the king, accidentally destroyed himself. When the masters reached their ship a faint whistle was heard, right when it stopped a smouldering green spear burst through one of the master's chests. As it dissipated the other master looked up to see Loren standing ther, with a complete look of apathy on his face. As the master reached for his lightsaber, he was stopped by Theron, who smashed him in the head while he was distracted. The Sith was blamed for the murder of the king and placed in a dungeon to where he remains today, a shell of his former self.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.222222328186px]The official discovery of Aethar happened merely 254 years ago, during the dawn of Vara's rule, she was only a child then, with Loren acting as regent. The Republic came down with Jedi, who had sensed the terrible things that the sith and Vara's father had done to the planet through a wound in the force (The Quelthras Maelstrom). An army of Republic troopers came down to the terrified faces of the Aetharians as Theron and his order of paladins came to meet them. Suddenly one of the Jedi walked towards Theron and held out her hand as a greeting, and while Theron was suspicious, Loren immediately shook her hand and talked with her. After many years the Aetharians slowly accepted the technology, even today a few are still xenophobic, preferring to stay in remote towns. The city El'Tharis was founded on the site of the landing by the Republic and is the most modern of Aethar's cities today.[/SIZE]

Notable PCs:
[SIZE=12.222222328186px]Vara Moonkeeper (Matriarch and viewed as the embodiment of God)[/SIZE]

Theron Sunstrider (Lord Protector)
blood-elf-paladin-WOW.jpg

Loren Thar'zal (High Magician and Designated Regent)
World-of-Warcraft-Blood-Elf.jpg

Intent: Wanted to create a planet for the race I am making, also I will probably make Theron a PC for me. See Aetharians for the intention of making the species.

(This was somewhat rushed as I am also creating the species Aetharians, who I am going into more, if you would like me to expand more on the history or any other subject, just tell me and I more than likely can.)

[member="Lucifer Erebus"]
Alright then, let’s get this rolling.

• Give me a galactic location, either a coordinate or a couple of planets it’s near. As you should be aware, there are limits to where planets can be placed if there are already more than a certain number of worlds already in that hex.
  • Explain to me how the moon creates this special aurora and how it works. Also, differentiate for me the difference (in your mind) between ‘magic’ and the Force.
  • Songsteel is not a valid export. We are not allowing planets to have restricted items without very good reason, as it unbalances the whole concept. This will have to go.
  • I’m going to need a significant expansion on culture. It can be on the planet or the species, but one sentence fragment will not do. I want at least 2-300 words here describing the culture.
  • Races; this is extremely unlikely. Are all Indians the same as English because they were conquered? Are all races in the United States the same? Either differentiate the groups here or say there is no major variations.
  • Technology; more details. Since I’m assuming there was a time when they weren’t in the galactic theatre, what was it like before?
  • Government; give me a sense of this matriarchy. Is it hereditary? Is it theocratic as well as absolute? How did this come about?
  • History; what you have here is a reasonably good fragment…but a fragment still. Tell me the history of the planet, at least in summary. How did civilisation begin, and when? Give me some information which makes me think.
  • Spoiler your images, and provide image credits for each.

Overall you’ve got a decent beginning here, but I need more. You can do the history, culture etc either here or in the species sub, but it needs to be more thorough. I want to be able to get a sense of who these people are, what their world is like, and more. Right now, I get none of that, just a vague sense that they’re religious blood elves.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

The moons of Aethar are currently being examined by some of the top scientific fields of the galaxy, but major factions have been banned from forcing others away from it. Currently no one know why it occurs, and it only occurs once every 250 years, only happening twice during it's discovery, once before Vara was born and her father purged the other races and another when she was born.

OOC it's a random force occurrence such as where Yoda went in the final episodes of The Clone Wars. It empowers force users, but since that has not been proven since Aetharians believe it only affects their magic, which they do not consider the force, so no one has tested it on force users. If you must, think of it kind of like Sozin's comet in ATLA, or any other Macguffin, it won't be used in the RP as it happened only 123 years ago so it still has a cooldown of 127 years.

Updated all except for history I'm doing that now.

Overall, this is looking better.

What I want you to do is decide which submission is handling culture and history, and link that one from the other.

When the history is complete I will again go over this a second time. There will be more edits, but we’re going in the right direction.

OK, now we'll move to the planet. There's some more things to discuss here:

• I'm still not a fan of the magical aurora. I am concerned about the possibility of it being misused. I suggest that you edit it so that it's a powerful emotional and religious event, but not one which gives increased power. I'm willing to be convinced here.
  • "They freely feed and allow the local flora and fauna to spread throughout their lands and houses, but never enough to be overrun by it." Can you please clarify?
  • Please give me a map location so I can check it.
  • Overall culture looks good. I'd like to see some expansion in areas of actual culture like art, music etc.
  • Please break up the history into paragraphs rather than a big block of text.
  • So, by reading the history, they've only been a civilisation for less than 1000 years? I would like to see at least some token references to what happens beforehand, and also some expansion here.
  • You rather gloss over the introduction of the planet to the galaxy, but in reality it'd be like the Aztecs encountering the Spanish for the first time. The culture shock would be immense, so would their danger from outside raiders. Please go into what they think about this, and how they've adapted.

Removed magical properties of Aurora, please inform me if I left any redundancies.

I'm not really good with map coordinates, but it lies in the same grid as Asahi, just to the left of it and down a bit. I know that is a bit vague, but it's the most specific I can get since I don't understand cartography in the Star Wars universe.

And about the flora and fauna, it's not like most NA/EU houses where most animals such as birds and strays are shooed away. Think of it like those remote indian towns like the one that lets cobras just slither through the streets casually, and the have like vines growing into some windows, I'm not sure how to describe it too well. Think of it like the movie After Humans, except with humans, if you get what I mean.

I can't find where that planet is. Is it neutral or going to be in someone's sphere of influence?

I need to know so I can check. Alternatively, do a screenshot of the map and mark where you'd like it to go.

Other than that, this looks acceptable.

I have come up with three locations, depending on restrictions of course, but I think the first is fine

N4c1VjF.jpg

Primary Location

Secondary Location

Tertiary Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom