Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

m1D1VvT.png

There is a certain agony to be felt when the face which looks back at you in the mirror is not the one you recall.

Years added to a once youthful visage, sunken eyes deepened with insomnia, scars marring once flawless skin... There were so many faults to find, and yet it was not the superficial flaws that truly bothered me. When I looked into that mirror I saw a monster where once a loving wife and doting mother stood, a woman who had fought so tirelessly to save lives now forced to meddle and experiment and corrupt. The only lives I was saving belonged to unfathomable fiends, men and women so twisted that they could barely be called human at all.

Soon enough I stopped seeing them all together, my life became one big blur - a holoflick set in fast forward, with no pause in reach - those demons faded into familiar faces and all I had known before was lost to that which my life had become. All save for that same face which looked back at me.

5CKfERV.png

When it became too much I made a change, tore at any reminder of my past self; the red hair he had loved was cut short and dyed a harsh black, porcelain skin which had become weathered with time was hidden behind all manner of markings, both temporary and otherwise, and the small tattoo on my inner wrist was removed with surgical precision. The last step in a swift yet arduous process. The last memory scrubbed clean.

Since that time my focus has been on my work. Hidden away inside a mountainous retreat I toil for weeks on end over projects of my own devising, urged and coerced in part by superiors who unlocked within me a side I did not know existed. Ziost is an unforgiving home, a stark and constant reminder of all that brought me to this point, its landscape is both my prison and my sanctuary.

Sometimes we must do what is necessary to survive, even if that means lying with the enemy, for pride is meaningless in the face of death... And I have much to live for.

1. Trapped Under Ice; Ziost; [member='Itash Mecetti']

2. Were You Just An Illusion?; Hagron's World' [member='Ijaat Mereel']

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom