Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Aera's Thread of the Jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldSpoolOfThread_0.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Submit a force-imbued item for the Jedi Praxeum.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Weaver Aera of the Halari-Ra
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: The Jedi Praxeum
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Force-imbued thread.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Seen only through the Light: The thread once applied to an item serves as a beacon only to those inherently belonging to the Light side of the Force. This allows only lightsiders to identify each other in a galaxy that generally persecutes them. Simply said, lightsiders will be able to identify the wearer as one of their 'own'.
  • Scorch the dark: Non-light siders attempting to 'communicate' with the thread through the Force will alert the wearer of the non-light sider.

Strengths
:
  • Symbol of recognition: The thread serves to help light siders recognize each other without being threatened by dark siders or those not inherently light sided.

Weaknesses
:
  • Textile only: The thread can only be applied on an item made of textile, or partially made of. Cannot be applied on metal, for example. So no application on durasteel armor, nor your favorite - bEsKaR.
DESCRIPTION
In a galaxy where the Jedi are torn between various different orders and establishments, they have often found themselves persecuted in a lot of places in the Galaxy. With the behemoth of the Sith Empire growing in size with each passing day and the First Order on the other side and the dwindling number of Jedi across the galaxy, Ember sought the services of a cult he had accidentally found on the lost planet of Endelaan - The Halari-Ra, also known as the Coterie of the Weave.

Inviting one of their members - Aera, deemed the most talented of this generation of Weavers - to the Jedi Praxeum, she found it fitting to help the cause of the Jedi by creating a thread which when applied can help Jedi identify each other within hostile territory. With light sided governments becoming scarce and weak, the Jedi even more - this thread fits the Jedi's current rather 'covert' status across the galaxy facing the might and numbers of the Dark Side.

The method of application is simple - a textile surface/item in which the thread is lightly applied with using the Force. It will take the color, form and shape of the textile it is imbued on completely matching it, thus the thread won't stand out as something odd.

The thread does not amplify neither one's Force Powers, nor enhances one's natural strength, nor does it increase the protection of the item in which it is applied to - be it cloak, hat or any other clothing.

Microscopic words have been embroidered on the thread itself - "A friend."

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hi [member="Ember Farseer"]. A nifty idea you have here! I just have a few items to address:

• Please correctly source your image. Simply linking to the image itself does not tell where you got it. Google reverse image search or TinyEye might be able to help.
  • Your 'Utility' weakness is not a weakness as far as I can see. A lack of some special ability does not make a weakness. I don't think you need to replace it, but if you feel it is important to make this point you can include it in the Description section.
Please tag me when you're ready for me to review :)

skin, bone, and arrogance
[member="Ember Farseer"] - Thank you for editing your strengths. However I believe your source still needs to be updated. Is this the page where it was found? It looks the same to me. If so, this should be the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom