Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aelin Erevos

It's been nearly a year since I began writing this character, one whom I've thoroughly enjoyed. Coming up on that year mark, I wanted to check with those who have written with her - or have read some of her threads and/or blogs, and see what you might think of the character.

Insights into her development, criticisms of how she's being written or my writing style in general, areas that need to be explored more, likes and dislikes, that sort of thing.

Have at it! Give me your unfiltered thoughts and opinions.

Aelin has been a joy to read and a joy to write with. I have been a fan of your characterization of her from the start and have always felt you do a stellar job of giving insight on the character's interiority. Her thoughts, feelings, and self-reflection have been the best parts of your posts with her, as you explore her journey of self-discovery and self-growth.

Her desire to do what is right for her people while having to learn that they do not all agree on what is right has been an engaging story. To see her morality and upbringing bump up against the reality of this culture she has so commited herself to saving is a wonderful story; you do a great job in your exploration of it.

I could only say I'd love for there to be more. More of her back story, more vignettes or insight of what she does between threads. I wouldn't say big blog posts are needed for that(though I wouldn't say no to to some blogs.) but just little throw in lines, for example in a couple of different threads previously you would mention her working on rebuilding the ruin's great hall and showed progress, each time. I loved that as a little connective tissue carried through that particular arc.

All in all, a great character and I'm stoked to continue making stories with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom