Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Advice Wanted: Lightside Amulet

Megan Holliway

M
Hello Factory Gurus and Savants!

I'm hoping to sub a unique Force Sensitive amulet that grants it's wearer specialized protection against the Darkside of the Force. This item will be created by Jedi Alchemy. Thus, questions for the pros out there?

1. Would this be a technology sub?
2. What would be considered a "balanced" approached to Darkside resistance and description? IE: Would one say: High - Very High - Extreme, etc. Or would a concise description of situational uses be better suited? IE: Protects the user against mental domination, telekinetic subjugation, and vampiric draining. ...Or, both?
3. Would I be required to cite similar artifacts from the wiki for increased credibility or could such an item stand alone on concept?

Can't speak for how things work these days, but if I was making it I'd go with...

1) Yep
2) One fun way would be to combine those approaches, e.g. None for mentalism, High for telekinesis.
3) I'd try to find one or two comparable thingies, shouldn't be hard. Gauntlet of Kressh the Younger might be sorta similar if I remember right.

protecting from draining effects is very hard. really the best counter to force drain is either create a loop with your own force drain (Ashina dn Spencer taught that to Shinju thank you)

but a powerful technique like Force of Will would cover all of those just you have to manage to maintain concentration at all times.

Megan Holliway

M
Junko Ike Junko Ike

It's fine. Lol. If this proves too complicated, expensive, or silly I'll just go the - "I touched the magic watchamacallit and got the Force Dead like the Vong. Oops. Oh well." - route.

No biggie. Thanks for the advice. :D

Megan Holliway

M
Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean

Ah. Thanks a ton. However, writing up the sub will actually be the most therapeutic part of the whole process. Lol.

Concept design. Balance. Discussion. Legends Canon. The RP implementation. Those are the sweaty parts for me. Nothing more anxious than raw creativity. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom