Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request Advice on signatures

Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm jealous of all the great signatures floating around.

I like to create my own stuff, give it my personal - even if lame - touch, so I'm not asking for a commission or anything like that. Just looking for advice from the pros! X3

What do you guys use to do yours? Any editing software or web-app or something? I am a casual GIMP user, if that helps, being a FOSS aficionado and all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Spek Zhio Spek Zhio

I use a super-old version of Photoshop personally but GIMP should work just fine. How you do it really depends on preferences; there can be animated elements, quotes, varying sizes, different fonts, and more. In recent years I've personally preferred to keep mine simple: small-to-medium, a background picture I like, a character image that goes well with the background, the character name, and a border.

If I were to give a single piece of advice for signature-building, it's that layers are your friend.

Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm jealous of all the great signatures floating around.

I like to create my own stuff, give it my personal - even if lame - touch, so I'm not asking for a commission or anything like that. Just looking for advice from the pros! X3

What do you guys use to do yours? Any editing software or web-app or something? I am a casual GIMP user, if that helps, being a FOSS aficionado and all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Photopea is a good free substitute for Photoshop and is also easier to use than GIMP.

A good size would be 750x200. Nice size, but you can still fit in a flair below it if you want. Also what Audren said - layers and groups are the way to go.

There are some really good tutorials on YT if you are ever unsure of how to do something.

Also feel free to DM me either here on the board or on Discord at Avelion5500 if you want some quick advice on something and don't want to watch a video for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom